Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment (1493 Views)

My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / I Was Conducting An Experiment Says Lady Who Was Looking For Husband On Twitter / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
When the idea of dating a good friend is put to us, the following thoughts often materialise: "Friendship Zone", "He/She's just a good friend", "I don't like him/her like that", "He's hubby/wifey matter, but not for me"... etc.

Well, two good friends have decided to date under experimental conditions. Fatigued with the conventional way of finding partners, they thought to give this a try. Both have been good friends for years. The rules:

1: We will see each other every day for forty days.
2: We will go on at least three dates a week.
3: We will see a couples therapist once a week.
4: We will go on one weekend trip together.
5: We will fill out the daily questionnaire and document everything.
6: We will not see, date, hookup, or have sex with anyone else.

By rule, you'd also need a willing/able participant and (for ethical reasons) try not to be psycho. But this experiment has actually bore fruit; they will actually start dating post-experiment! Take *THAT* friendship zone!!! Participants need not be infatuated with each other from the outset. They need only a willingness to try. So, the next time you try to date your friend, why not present this plan to them to optimise your chances (hehehehehehehe) grin grin lipsrsealed

Read more about the original story here (not my blog grin): http://fortydaysofdating.com/

[size=3pt]... and that makes 5pm! HOMETIME!! Hehehehe! cool[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
I am actually into this idea.
OP, what do you think about this idea?
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by mumumugu(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
Is any nairalander interested, let us experiment
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
Very soon punny will have rules and regulations guiding it.
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Crown Prince: Very soon punny will have rules and regulations guiding it.
I don't think anyone is in any rush to release those results. 'Rigorous testing' = results eternally pending undecided
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
maxwello.yg:
I am actually into this idea.
OP, what do you think about this idea?

Dating most of my male friends would be incestuous!! But they are good men. Hmmm, maybe it was never the right time. For me, for them, for us; it was never the right time. However, I don't believe I could grow to love all of my good friends. Impossible.

But I think we can often give open chances to the wrong people and stifle the chances for others who are perhaps more deserving. I think this experiment is interesting and maybe a consideration for those who have problems sustaining relationships. It's a model for commitment but it won't work for everyone. I'd personally wish to omit the therapy rule!
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
190-the-clown:
Hmmmm
You! Friend wink.
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
'Guinea pig' 190 first.

Then we can drew from there
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
'Guinea pig' 190 first.

Then we can draw from there
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Crown Prince: 'Guinea pig' 190 first.

Then we can drew from there
Mods, delete this post. Rofl
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Flytefalls:

Dating most of my male friends would be incestuous!! But they are good men. Hmmm, maybe it was never the right time. For me, for them, for us; it was never the right time. However, I don't believe I could grow to love all of my good friends. Impossible.

But I think we can often give open chances to the wrong people and stifle the chances for others who are perhaps more deserving. I think this experiment is interesting and maybe a consideration for those who have problems sustaining relationships. It's a model for commitment but it won't work for everyone. I'd personally wish to omit the therapy rule!
Why wouldn't you wanna visit a couple therapy?
Yeah, I understand the fact you don't imagine yourself falling in love with your guy friends, that's one effect of friend-zoning a guy.(how much I hate being friend zoned by a girl I love)
I also agree, this idea may not work for everyone because ideas differ from person to person.
However, I know that as much as somethings don't worth experimenting on, this one worths it because so many people fall in love with the wrong partners and for the wrong reasons with hidden secrets.
It's best when two partners come out clean and say what's on their mind and give a stipulated given time and see if things can work out fine and peacefully.
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2013
^

Crown Prince: 'Guinea pig' 190 first.

Then we can draw from there
I don't think I need any experiment to fall for 190 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

maxwello.yg:

Why wouldn't you wanna visit a couple therapy?
Yeah, I understand the fact you don't imagine yourself falling in love with your guy friends, that's one effect of friend-zoning a guy.(how much I hate being friend zoned by a girl I love)
I also agree, this idea may not work for everyone because ideas differ from person to person.
However, I know that as much as somethings don't worth experimenting on, this one worths it because so many people fall in love with the wrong partners and for the wrong reasons with hidden secrets.
It's best when two partners come out clean and say what's on their mind and give a stipulated given time and see if things can work out fine and peacefully.
I find therapy condescending wink. Who would not struggle to undo the work of "Friend-zoning"? Behold (!!), we have an evidentiary resource we can present to any potentials!

Gambatte!! angry
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by 190theclown: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Flytefalls: ^

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dating A Good Friend; An Experiment by stint(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
190-the-clown:

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Flytefalls: ^

! angry

(1) (Reply)

The Hookup I Will Never Forget / Must Read ''finish It'' / Passing By A Group Of Men Drinking: Lion's Den Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.