Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Pilot Career - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72574 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by ify4king(m): 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
@wham,
I have added u to my yahoo messenger list, I am interested in this topic, we need to chat.
Thank u
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
http:///enugu-gets-helicopter-training-school.html

Helicopter Training school starting up in Enugu. Anyone with better details?

Anyone based in Enugu?
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2010
Check Guardian, Thu 18th Feb 2010 for the latest BRISTOW Advert.

Bristow Helicopters are looking for young people to sponsor and train as pilots and Engineers as usual.
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2010
Hello guys, its been a while o, hope everyone is still keeping the dream. it will surely come to pass.

@wham
could u please get the link to the Bristow Ad. or type it out, I mean the positions offered, requirements, e.t.c

Thanks.
Re: Pilot Career by noxzie(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
I'm also interested on the CPL. I've checked the only aviation sch in nigeria's site and it was last updated in 2005.pls i need assistance , i wish to know if there are installmental fees and if so how much and how many installments will it be paid, i have a lot of other questions about this career.if u think u can help, this is my address n i'll be glad 2 get urs and phone number.simonobinna@gmail.com
Re: Pilot Career by shushu(f): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Well done RDV, so inspiring
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
Have you heard of Phoenix East Aviation in Daytona Beach Florida? It IS A GOOD SCHOOL. I am going there soon.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
Thats nice.

We'd be glad to have feedback on how the school is like when u get there.
Re: Pilot Career by Blakkice: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hey Ifele how soon are you going there and what exactly do you want to know? Is it the number of aircraft they have? The types of aircraft they have? Their facilities? Their instructor turnover rate? Student turnover rate? Student morale? Finances and etc.
Re: Pilot Career by Mafious(m): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2010
Well I spoke to the chief flying instructor at my school and the seem to want more nigerian students it's in Zambia very decent facility close to south africa and you can fly in during your cross country training. The fees are PPL $10,000 and CPL with multi-engine and instrument rating $33,000 accomodation included shocked holla at me at v.a.munis@gmail.com and you pay on arrival and the visa is a breeze.
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 9:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
I will be in Daytona Beach in September I will let you guys know. Phoenix east students get hired and Embry riddle is not far away so one can take Helipocter training too. They have a lot of planes and a simulator so its cool there. The weather is nice too in Florida.
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
Thanks Blakkice
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2010
I wish I cold fly for Arik dont you wish so too guys?
Re: Pilot Career by ossicle: 1:20am On Apr 18, 2010
Hi Fellas,

Although, this happens to be my first comment,I have been tenaciously following this thread from the very beginning,and I want to give a very big Thumb up to everybody,you guys have been most insightfull.

RDV,we have really missed you.We need more people like you to help keep the Hopes of some of us alive and I must say you have help re-ignite and rekindle the burning flames in many of us.Thank you sir!

As it is though,am I still presently an undergraduate of the University Of Lagos,but,I have a very good resourcery as Regards Phoenix East Aviation in Pearl Habor Drive,Daytona Beach ,Florida.

I just received a very colorful and information-packed admission package from the school last week and I must tell you guys,Phoenix is one of the best places you can acquire your wings.

Phoenix East Aviation (PEA), Inc. is an approved FAA Part 141 & 61 flight school that has self-examining authority. What this means to you is that not only does the FAA approve our training syllabus but they put their stamp of approval on PEA as a school. Additionally, their employees give you the FAA flight exam there in the school. The FAA evaluates and reevaluates the employees to make sure the flight exams meet their standards. In the end, this saves you time and money. Additionally, they are one of the few schools in the United States to have special FAA approval on a Commercial "train to proficiency" course. Again, the FAA has given them their stamp of approval for this special course designed to save you time and money.

Also,the school is relative cheap such that with $54,190 you get your Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi-Engine pilot training and Flight Instructor courses,interestingly,international students are now been assisted to seek loans from SLM Financials based on a lending agreement with the school although you must have a US Co-signer,and I must tell you this may be a bit competitive but achievable(Afterral,nothing good comes easy).

And most importantly,you are assured employment as a flight instructor after your training,because,Phoenix East Aviation is also authorized by the US Department of Homeland Security to offer the F-1 Visa. In this program, a student completes the Professional Pilot Training Program, which begins with zero flight experience and progresses to a Commercial Pilot License with Instrument and Multi-engine Ratings; training then continues to Certified Flight Instructor and Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Ratings. Upon successful completion of the program, students may interview for a position as a flight instructor, and upon acceptance, may become paid employees of PEA, gaining practical flight experience toward the ATP license.

To me this is a good opprtunity to acquire @ least 1500 flight hours required to get your ATPL,before you can apply to any Airlines as a FO, (First Officer).

And BOOM, ELDORADO!

IFELE and everybody, I wish you guys the very best,by God's help,I would be in Phoenix too immediately after my degree in Unilag in a couple of years from now.

In the interim,I will be honoured to assist with as much information as I have @ my disposal.

Thanks.

RDV,you will always remain my Mentor for life!!!
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2010
Good luck ossicle hope to see you in Daytona Beach. They have nice apartments in the area too.
Re: Pilot Career by ossicle: 2:51am On Apr 19, 2010
Thanks Ifele,
Same here!
Really? Can't wait to be there.

I read some recent rescent journal yesterday on decline in Pilots Jobs round the world and cut in Pilots Salaries.Don't know how true they are but I believe that should not deter us from our dreams.

All the best.
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
Ossicle dont worry things will pick up in a few years. Especially in Nigeria. Peace and Prosperity
Re: Pilot Career by ossicle: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
We pray so o my brother.Its well.Thanks.
Re: Pilot Career by Blakkice: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2010
@Ifele, no problem bro, I'm sure you'll do the same if the roles were reversed. Besides I didn't do much, ossicle has a ton of info  wink. What I can add to everything is that Florida has great weather all year round for flying. Except the rare hurricanes every now and then, or the thunderstorms in the summer (try to secure a morning flight block). Other than these minor niggles, you are good to go.

@ Ossicle, great AKOKAITE!!! You don't need an ATPL to become an FO. You need it when you want to transition from the right seat into the left seat. In otherwords, it is needed when you want to become captain. Meanwhile a law has just been passed in the US that will see to it that airlines can only hire pilots with a minimum of 800hrs for FO positions. This is the aftermath of the Buffalo, NY crash (Q400 Dash-cool. Looks like going the instructor route will help one rack up the hours, or head to a country with less stringent requirements.
Re: Pilot Career by Don1Dee(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2010
Can u plz said the minimum amount in naira required to start in phonix and the academic qualification required. Awaiting ur urgent reply. Thump up Guys!
Re: Pilot Career by ifele(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2010
It costs about 54,000 dollars to get your PPL, CPL, Multi-Engine, Instrument Rating, they might even throw in Glass Cockpit training too.
Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 4:24pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 2:04pm On May 25, 2010
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2010
flying wink smiley smiley
Re: Pilot Career by benom(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2010
Hi guys
I have always nursed the dream of becoming an airline pilot one day. I strongly believe its a job i will never regret.
The problem i face is that most of the training schools i have seen are quite too expensive 4 me.
Can anyone helpe on a training school somewhere around the world with fees for PPL+CPL less than 25000 dollars
Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 1:07pm On May 26, 2010
Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 1:08pm On May 26, 2010
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2010
@ house
check Riverside Flight Center, Tulsa Oklahoma
$41,000. including, housing, books e.t.c . contact them for more information. www.riversideflightcenter.com
Re: Pilot Career by benom(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2010
@house
What are the prospects for someone with a cpl in Nigeria.
I have to know before i plunge my whole life savings into training.
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2010
q
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2010
@benom
job prospects for pilots(rookies) in nigeria is quite high compared to other countries.but d nigerian aviation is in a recovery process.believe me dere r very few jobs or even no jobs out dere especially for freshers(i personally knw lots of CPL freshers still looking for a jobs), but i think wit tyme it would get better.U could still go for it thou but dont expect to get a job immediately(which could be very fustrating).
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 1:42am On May 28, 2010
Virgin Nigeria will be boosting their fleet with 10 more aircrafts before the end of July, says Barr. Jimoh Ibrahim, thats means more Jobs to be created. Pilots, Maintenance Engineers. it depends though if they are gonna be wet leased or bought directly. Some of the fresher Pilots with CPL could not get jobs because they could not perform to standard during Simulator Assessment.

Arik Air will be taking some deliveries during the year, and some of the dead airlines will resume operations.

The industry is not doing badly in terms of crew employment.

U can take up instructing in some of the flight school u trained at in the U.S while u continue to look out for opportunities back home.

Just keep the dream Guys. there are challenges in every industry worldwide and Aviation is not an exception

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.