Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Pilot Career - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72542 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by RDV(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Lakexider,

lakexider:

hello house i cannot think of anything nowadays than how i will become a pilot. i need help and i need it fast.however, can i use a pilot skills and aptitude test to source for sponsorship from airlines and oil companies?cos i recently did a pilot skills and aptitude test in manchester and was wondering if it is a good guarrantee for sponsorship? rdv, wham, pilot955, iv4y, etc pls i need urgent reply

It is a good start, but that in itself will not guarantee you sponsorship.

It will give you an advantage in the selection process, if you mention in the application for sponsorship, that you have taken and passed the test
Re: Pilot Career by Mafious(m): 12:31am On Jun 27, 2010
City link flight academy in Ghana just aquired thier license from the GCAA was there a few days ago it's ok their website is
www.ctk.com.gh/ct_flightsch
Re: Pilot Career by femo2000(m): 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
Where has every one on this thread gone, FLYING? Pls dont let this thread slack oo!!

Anyways, Pls is there any one who has contacts in Bristow Helicopters?

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 1:07am On Aug 25, 2010
, So whats new on our flying thread?

Any new Pilots now?
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
Hello Everyone, My name is Ozoya Imokhuede, a fresh PPL from South Africa. My Life has always been to be a pilot and I finally started in last year but need assistance eto complete the course. I would like to ask those here that is there any company or means by which I can get sponsored for my CPL.

Thank you
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 11:32am On Sep 16, 2010
@Ozoya
Hi oxoya, welcome on board. You might want to try Aero, Bristow and Arik. Go right through the whole thread for more details.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 11:35am On Sep 16, 2010
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
Thanks wham, but I have already dropped in all the airlines and still expecting replies.

What other door is open to a person like me that has completed his PPL but has the CPL to do. The chief pilot of Dana told me that they do not do cadet program.

Thanks
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 12:27am On Sep 17, 2010
Hi. You may want to find out about the Aviation college in Ilorin and also the new on in Enugu.
Wishing you the very best.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 12:32am On Sep 17, 2010
check here for a little about the ilorin school

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-51066.64.html
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
Thanks very Much Wham
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
You are welcome sir
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2010
Pan African Airlines are seeking Pilots (Licensed to fly at least one of S76C series, Bell 412 Series or AS332L/L@/EC225).
They also want Licensed aircraft Engineers.

please check Tuesday Guardian, 21st Sept for full details. Deadline for submission is 12th Oct, 2010.
Re: Pilot Career by Larryoko: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Helo guys, greeting to you all, I feel so honored to be in the same Mamalian kingdom which is to say we all have same DNA runs in our vain by aspiring to be human birds, in other word " AIRLINE PILOT"

I'm a Nigerian student pilot based in South africa with identification SPL Licence Number;- 0272367160 If you wish to confirm this with the SACAA "South African Civil Aviation Authority" you are welcome to do so.

My purpose of this post is to please advised on how I can get a Sponsorship for my career. My parents are finding it dificult to finance my education here abroad since I have younger one who are also undergoing college education. I have wrote thousands of letters to airline company in Nigeria no respond uptill date.

I intend to visit after my PPL Licence, to seek sponsorship in my local government, Please if you know a better way I entreat you to please advise on this matter. My email account is" piusernest@yahoo.com" Contact Number:- 0027780425244.

Safe flying Captains there shall be no "mayday".
Re: Pilot Career by 4one9: 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
house i found this thread highly inspiring. we need proffesional contributions and recent development d house. RDV, wham, etc pls keep us posted.
Re: Pilot Career by flyeasy: 12:12am On Dec 21, 2010
please does anyone know how the exams interview and medicals go for flight school at the ncat zaria. i wld rilly love a prompt and detailed overview. thanx
Re: Pilot Career by eaglevader(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
Laryoko,

i feel your pain with regards sponsorship to finish your CPL, i just stumbled on your post which you sent i think october last year, has there been any development so far? have you been able to get assistance now? well i wish you the best, giving up under pressure is definitely NOT an option, you will get there!
Re: Pilot Career by eaglevader(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
Laryoko,

i feel your pain with regards sponsorship to finish your CPL, i just stumbled on your post which you sent i think october last year, has there been any development so far? have you been able to get assistance now? well i wish you the best, giving up under pressure is definitely NOT an option, you will get there!
Re: Pilot Career by 4one9: 2:37am On Jan 05, 2011
i am about doing my ppl in uk frm a flying club, after tht i hope to proceed to the proffessional license, pls i need info on how i can get sponsorship for the atpl for airline job either in nigeria or uk/us?
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 10:06am On May 13, 2011
Tuesday Guardian, 10 May.
there's an Advert seeking for Trainee Aero-Engineers and pilots too,
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2011
hi every1,
don't knw if this is the right forum to post this but i'm kinda out of ideas.
got a mail inviting me for a test for bristow helicopters sponsorship for the Helicopter Engineer Training as Cadet Engineer.
the thing is, I don't know how or what to prepare for but this is actually a dream taking shape.
any advise?
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
Hi guys, nice job y'all av done on dis thread. Plz i've got a lil problm; am preparin 2 go 2 APTRAC, southafrica 4 my ppl nxt year. Am kinda wonderin if nigerian airlines consider SACAA licenses. Av chkd up floridian skuls, cheap though but xpensiv par cost of livin n airfare. Pls any SA trained pilot reply, am lost.
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2011
@ last poster
I aint a real time pilot, but i am a professional virtual pilot, and i surround myself with real pilots because i'm in the aviation industry. The truth of the matter is most aspiring pilots who have difficulties in financing their career turn to south africa flying schools and they do well in terms of getting jobs here in nigeria. Best is to establish some contacts here before leaving, so that when you return it'll be easier for you getting a placement. NCAT at a point even move some of its students to south africa at a point in their training especially for simultion purposes cos the infrastructure here aint in really good condition.
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
Tanks alot enita
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2011
Dreamflyin:

Tanks alot enita
'

while waiting to achieve your dream, why not brace up for the virtual challenge of your dream profession
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
Am mst times on mobile so its nearly impossible. Am readin 4 my ppl nw, almost tru wit aviation weather. I wanna get conversant wit d theories b4 d ril tin. Tanks al d same. U ar a gal, al d same 2 mek me b in awe of u. Tanks
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2011
you still need to be keeping in touch, even after your PPL, you still need a flight sim at your disposal. weather reading is very easy, why not consider reading SIDs and STARs, flight sim will teach you a lot. I aint a professional pilot now, but when i talk outside people think i am one. Aand i learnt all that at flight sim. So, it will be really easier for me anytime i gather enough to go to a flying school.
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
I'll dwnload d flight sim, u win, but knwin 4rm aerodynamics 2 principle of flight, sure helps.
Re: Pilot Career by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
Have not seen anything on YM yet, but i have seen that of FB
Re: Pilot Career by cdoffx(m): 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
hi friends i've been talking about flying right from my primary school days but since there's no sponsor i'd to lay it aside currently i'm in my final year at the university studying mathematics and now my childhood dream is back alive but having checked the aviation college website i saw different pilot courses so i want someone to please explain the step by step courses to become a commercial pilot.thanks
Re: Pilot Career by Dreamflyin(m): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
@ cdoffx, am also an aspiring pilot. get ur ppl, den instrument ratin followed by cpl, possibly multi engine rating and if u've got d dough 2 spend, get a type ratin om 737 NG or CLASSIC
Re: Pilot Career by cdoffx(m): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
dreamflyin
thanks man so basically i only need ppl before proceeding to cpl license

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.