Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Pilot Career - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72491 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by sheflies: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2008
@rotor-head for ur friend he'd be better of sendind his cv to the different airlines directly, some airlines might not advertise but they will probably be willing to take in cadets.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2008
Nice Tip
Re: Pilot Career by sheflies: 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
thank u
Re: Pilot Career by stalker(f): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2008
News flash

Its time for you guys interested in driving air to polish their CVs and send them to Arik.
Arik is looking for young people interested in being pilots and engineers to train.
Send in your CVs to engineeringscholarship@arikair.com (for engineers)and pilotscholarship@arikair.com (for pilots)
Best of luck.

(You guys are the first to know, so make good use of this opportunity)
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2008
@she-flies
U welcome sis

I'm inspired by your undying passion for the air.

Tot U would have gradually 4gotten it 4 another love.

@stalker
Thanks for that timely info man. yOU iS tHE mAN!
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2008
@stalker
SORRY, WOMAN (i DIDNT NOTICE u WERE A "sHE")
4ive me
Re: Pilot Career by stalker(f): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2008
PS - i forgot this vital info. You must not be more than 25 years for pilots and 30 years for engineers.

@wham
u r forgiven
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2008
okay "stalker"
Re: Pilot Career by sheflies: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2008
@stalker wot do you mean by more than? as if we are like 25yrs going on 26 its still ok?

@wham, dont worry man even if i dont fly commercially there is alway privately
i'll just get me a sugar daddy to by and maintain a bell for me. lol
Re: Pilot Career by stalker(f): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2008
@she-flies

I would advice you submit your CV. It might just be your lucky day.
Re: Pilot Career by sheflies: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2008
@stalker, id love to but im in the uk rite no doing a masters, so i dunno
i intend to getan hppl as well, so i guess that will increase my chances
i'll just chill til im done, i think,
sigh, so much to do so little time
Re: Pilot Career by superboi(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2008
stalker thanks very much for this info; i advice we all try even if you are overage like me you never know.wham wats up? longest time b
Re: Pilot Career by RotorHead1: 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2008
Is there any other information available on the requirements apart from the age range, probably Educational pedigree, NYSC amongst other things?
Re: Pilot Career by Bim29: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2008
Hello House, I have spent some quality time going tru all your posts,this is actually my 1st post on this topic, I have always loved the metal bird still trying hard to b in one,but at the moment I am into some Engr. stuff.

For IV4, you did not make the test do not implies they were partial, thank God for aderogba who was a novice,but passed, always pray urs will come, when we were in school it is always that 'lecturer give me F', but the opposite is I nack 'A' for that course, at times we should always take critical examinations about our selves before commets, I read wen you said you have no idea about the Q's, but later the test was simple but you still didn't pass it.

Rotor head, keep it up. I will keep on reading your post.

Nay,

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by stalker(f): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2008
The ad is too large for me to upload on this site.

Requirements
- For Aircraft Maintainence Engineering Course: First Degree in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronics Engineering with at least 2nd Class Upper or Higher National Diploma (HND) with upper credit.

- For Standard Pilot Course: First degree in any discpline with 2nd Class Lower or Higher National Diploma (HND) with lower credit.
Applicants for the Standard Pilot Course must also be medically fit.
Re: Pilot Career by RotorHead1: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2008
@ Stalker.

Thank you very much
Re: Pilot Career by IVY4U(f): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
@Bim-29,

Hi Bim, thanks for your concern.
First of all, i want you to know that i really dont need virgin to train as a pilot. I already have my sponsors and virgin is aware of that.

Secondly, I said an insider told me that most of the choosen ones were their crew members. The test was not just apptitude test. There was a pre-test that required flying experience. I wasnt expecting that they would leave their crew with better experience and pick the less experience ones. Beside,i have insiders(flight operations) who could push for me, but becos they are aware of my sponsors, they didnt.

As you can understand, am well and very well grounded.
Re: Pilot Career by Bim29: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
IV4u, hw r tins rolling?, I enjoyed your stuff, and I quiet understand the PDP aspect of everything, but I knew two guys who went for the test and passed it, 1 is right here with me now, he knows no 1 in VN, he even prepared based on advanced level maths and physics cos they ask to bring a cacl as he said, so he said he tot of bearing, geometery, angle of elevation and depreesion, light,,waves etc, but the opp came in mobil/shell test format and he was lucky to have got it as he said, he said he were fair as at that day, though PDP might come, but if One is oiled,oil will flow.

I wish you the best,we will al pitch, yaw and roll ABI?, just little little patient and much of faith, pray hard for your sponsors ok,
Re: Pilot Career by tobaaro(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
I dont have NYSC discharge certificate! Must i go2 Oluwole again??

Can i still apply??
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
@Tobaaro
Just do the "Applying" and let them do the "selection"

Thats one helpful personal policy in career advancement.

@House
Hallos everybody!
Re: Pilot Career by IVY4U(f): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2008
Hello house, watz up? where is every1?

@Bim-29,
how are you, while the long silence?
How about your friends with virgin, have they done their interviews, they should keep us posted.
My sponsors and i no longer have ties. My ties now is with the embassy.
We will meet up there.

@ femo, Na wa for you, you just dey enter space, na only God sabi wether you sill dey Niger self. Wats up with you. I would like to get info on how to enter college of avaition zaria for an Aeronautic/Aviation Eng. course. A friend of mine is interested.

@ Wham, pilot 77, superboi and co, Wats up? Shey everything is going well. Our office is still up there, come rain,come sun and i trust you guys are working towards that.

All da best, bro.
Cheers.
Re: Pilot Career by IVY4U(f): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2008
All prospective Virgin and arik pilots,all da best and See you on top.

Chao.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2008
All the Best!
Re: Pilot Career by superboi(m): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2008
hello all still onboard sharing the dream, ivy4u i dey kampe,wham howlife?hope its ngood,everybody else wishing you all the best, later
Re: Pilot Career by pilot77(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2008
@wham,
how far?
are u using that stuff now?what abt the book?have u started digesting it?
@all the others,let's keep it up.

l8r pips

77 out
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2008
@Pilot77
Not really had much time and my system is down. I think its the motherboard.
How have U been?

Seeing the FS-X CD everyday makes me happy but its a pity I'll have to wait till I get the PC up again.
Thank you once more
Re: Pilot Career by Brunel(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2008
I'm also VERY obsessed about becoming a commercial pilot and i just registered because i've found like-minded people whom i'll gain tremendously from
Re: Pilot Career by kiwi992(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hi All,

wham said:

Seeing the FS2008 CD everyday makes me happy but its a pity I'll have to wait till I get the PC up again.

Just a small word of warning.

You guys have got to be very careful using a FlightSim if you wish to train to become Pilots.  Using it could easily make you develop bad flying habits and you really do NOT want that.  It's better to look at it when you commence your flight training.

The ground subjects are just as important as flight training in preparation for the Private Pilot's Licence, CPL or ATPL.  Most aviation schools in the West haven't got a well-organised Ground School, hence I suggest you start studying those subjects from now.  That would give you a head-start when the course commences.  You would find that you would have very little time to prepare for those exams as you are too busy trying to get to grips with the flight training.

Good luck.

kiwi992.
Re: Pilot Career by pilot77(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2008
Kiwi992,
i concur with you.I did mention it in a previous thread.cos if u dont use it properly,u'll end up developing the habit of staring at the instruments as opposed to looking ahead/outside the panel.
Re: Pilot Career by kiwi992(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2008
Hi Pilot77,

Glad to hear that you've already told them.  You are the anchor man here and they need to listen to what you tell them.

They would start their training by using VFR and so it's no use using FlightSim (at this stage) which would only tempt them into instrument flying.  As you know, FlightSim is particularly good for Instrument Flying and a general introduction to flying such as flying principles, forces acting on an aeroplane, aerodynamics and so on. 

Please help them as much as you can.  I'll chip in now and then because you fly professionally (I think), whereas I just fly for fun.

kiwi992.
Re: Pilot Career by pilot77(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2008
Hey Kiwi992,
we should get in touch more men.but this forum doesnt support for Private Massages.Please how can we get in touch
Re: Pilot Career by kiwi992(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2008
Hi Pilot77,

Thanks for asking.

However, as I've always said to the people at the SAP thread, I do NOT get in touch with anybody privately.  Sorry!  Hope you understand.

kiwi992.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.