Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,182 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar (687 Views)

My Newly Married Friend's Husband Is After My Boobs. / Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary / Generator Fumes Kill Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar by BrAkingNews: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2013
A newly married couple, who packed to their house soon after wedding have been reportedly killed by generator fumes in Ikot Omin on the outskirts of Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The couple, Bassey Effiong (27), his wife, Glory (21) and her younger sister, Emem (16), were said to have packed to the house yet to be completed by Bassey.
“When he got married, he decided to work on one of the rooms
and moved in, while hoping to gradually complete the house,” Mike, a neighbour to the couple said.
However, tragedy struck, Sunday night, when the couple turned on their generating set and placed it on the corridor close to the room, where they slept but fume from the generating set was said to have subsequently gained entry into the room in large quantity and suffocatded the couple along with Emem, the wife’s younger sister.
They were discovered dead several hours later by a naval officer, David Ekanem, Bassey’s uncle, who said he went there after he called Bassey’s mobile number several times without response and on getting there at 5 pm, Monday, he met the tragic sight.
“I knocked several times on the door but there was no answer, so I had to force the door open. It was then I saw my nephew and his wife along with the young girl lying dead,” the Naval officer said.
Spokesman of the Cross River State Police Command, Mr Hogan Bassey, said the matter was reported by the naval officer and the bodies evacuated to the Infectious Disease Hospital mortuary, Edgerly Road, Calabar.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SHOCKING NEWS

CLICK HERE FOR SCANDAL NEWS

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

CLICK HERE FOR POLITICS NEWS
Re: TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar by DisneyAngel(f): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2013
What a tragedy,RIP to the dead
Re: TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar by shannexon(f): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2013
Wat a Sad Story...May deir soul RIP!!!
Re: TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar by Tuntheycr7: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Eyah ! O ma se o.
Wat a terible news. RIP
Re: TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar by pasqal09: 10:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Una see wetn PHCN de cause?

(1) (Reply)

Needs Advice / What Can You Do For The Sake Of Love? / Lesson For Guys....................babes 101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.