Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? (2685 Views)

Engagement: How Do I Ask Her Of Her Ring Size??? / Signs You're With A Woman; Not A Girl / 10 Signs You’re Dating A Woman, Not A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by quadrant4: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2008
There are this thrend now among married men and women not to wear their wedding rings in public. It has been suggested that many do not because they wanna pretend as if they are not maried so that they can engage in infidelity even after marriage. DO any man or woman has any exuses whatsoever not wearing wedding rings in public?
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by mamaput(f): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2008
i never wore my own because generally i do not wear rings. not any kind of rings
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by tngtech(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2008
y?
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Godalone(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2008
I do not wear mine,there is no reason for it.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by tngtech(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2008
you guys are not serious, why then are you married?
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by quadrant4: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2008
To be sincere guys that does not wear their wedding rings are not serious at all.Then why did u get married in the first place. The ring is a symbol of union.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by sistawoman: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
My husband like i will both wear our rings in public and in private. I want all to know that he is spoken for. But even with rings on it is still up to him to stay faithful.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by beauteous(f): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
i dont fail to wear mine.even wen i'm asleep
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
i wear mine in all d time
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by uspry1(f): 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
Check out existing thread at below links:

Why Do Most Men Not Wear Their Wedding Rings?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-98402.0.html

You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1913.0.html

@topic

Because they want a copycat what Western/around World married people do secularly! I mean they just imitate them!
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by deor03(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
I actually don't like any for of jewelery. I make conscious effort to remind myself to wear it but some of the time i forget to wear the ring
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by quadrant4: 6:58am On Jun 17, 2008
any man or woman that fails to wear wedding ring in public is not proud to be married in the first place. Secondly is a way by many men to date other young ladies without letting them know that they are married. While most women wear their wedding rings, alot of men do not because of unfaithfulness.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Raimond(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2008
I cannot do without my ring. After our third anniversary, we changed the ones we got married with and got some wider bands.For sentimental reasons, i simply switched the old one to my right hand.So i even wear them on both hands, with all pride smiley
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by quadrant4: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2008
Ramond you are the man! I hope your wife do appreciate u for that.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by izeek(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2008
with or without the ring, a cheat will remain one.
i dont think the ring is a deterrant from mischief and infidelity,
its just a way of telling the world you are still in love with your spouse.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by gentledove(f): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2008
@ poster,

it depends on individual differences. one man's food is another man's poison cool
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Bblak(f): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2008
@Topic
It's amazing why some don't wear it ooooooo
i will definitely flaunt mine when i do cool kiss
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by tngtech(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2008
Bblak:

@Topic
It's amazing why some don't wear it ooooooo
i will definitely flaunt mine when i do cool kiss

glad to hear that
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by quadrant4: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2008
Congratulation! i am happy for the bold steps.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
Thank God for his mercies. The ring does not affect infidelity in anyway. If you think wearing the ring stopped you from cheating, it is becuase you did not want to.

I almost did not know anything about sex before I got married. After I got married, I really messed up my life with infidelity, yet my ring hardly ever leaves my finger. Even when I remove it nowadays, even a blind person will know that I removed a ring because the ring has left a mark on that finger.

Wear your ring or leave it at home but carry faithfulness (to God or whatever you believe in) and loyalty (to your spouse) in your heart.
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by sistawoman: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2008
Ceeno E vu:

Thank God for his mercies. The ring does not affect infidelity in anyway. If you think wearing the ring stopped you from cheating, it is becuase you did not want to.

I almost did not know anything about sex before I got married. After I got married, I really messed up my life with infidelity, yet my ring hardly ever leaves my finger. Even when I remove it nowadays, even a blind person will know that I removed a ring because the ring has left a mark on that finger.

Wear your ring or leave it at home but carry faithfulness (to God or whatever you believe in) and loyalty (to your spouse) in your heart.

Well said, in just 48 more hours I will be married and I cant wait!!!!!!
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by tngtech(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Well said, in just 48 more hours I will be married and I can't wait!!!!!!

aww, am so happy for you. cheesy
Re: Why Would A Married Man Or Woman Not Wear His Or Her Ring In Public? by mamaput(f): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Is Something Wrong With Me? / She Don't Want Me To Upload Her Picture On Facebook! / Question For The Ladies....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.