Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Women Want - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Women Want (5087 Views)

What Women Really Want / What Women Should Know About Love By Age 30 / What Women Really Want In A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Women Want by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
So there are girls that insist that a guy should play aloof to be more desirable to the girl they're into. They tend to kick against becoming friends or being "easy" with the girl if you want the girl to get interested.

I saw a movie once - I think it was Gulliver's travels - where the hero advised a young lad in love to act all rude and uninterested to a girl that he liked to gain her attention. Well, he already had it, but he didn't know. He played the part and ended up pissing her off and nearly losing her.

I don't believe that it's an aloof man that a girl wants, I think it's simply a man who's really a man and they've been misled to believe that men cannot be "mellow" and "sensitive".

Haven't we seen very hard men that think nothing of breaking another man's neck and committing atrocities but become docile like lambs around their ladies? Love is a crazy thing. It made God willing to become man and die for the most idiotic of all His creation. A girl sees a guy who thinks the world of her and decides it's the one who doesn't give as many damns that's right for her. I actually get it o but I still think it's atrociously stupid.

I am yet to see the man in love who treats his woman like anything except a bouquet of delicate flowers or precious treasure like gold bullion or a diamond mine or something. It's instinctive. Doesn't matter the man involved, once they fall in love, they act a little like the whole universe revolves around the girl and men aren't designed to pretend about stuff like thay. If they think that a girl is the most amazing and or beautiful creature that ever walked the earth, they say it. Women might hide their thought that a man is the most gorgeous thing in existence because they're designed that way, not men.

The good bad boy is a concept I still find interesting. He's supposed to be a nice guy with player "blood". I wonder who that isn't. True, some guys are really very quiet and retiring. But take the nicest, tamest man you know and put him in a hostile environment and you'll understant the true meaning of repression. There's a really good reason why in the past boys had to go through some trying experience to earn the name "man". Every male human has both "niceness" and, well, "hardness" in him in varying degrees. Environments decide how these qualities develop and manifest.

I've got this niece in her twenties that thinks I need a good bad girl to offset my niceness or "mushyness" too, a girl like her, she says. And I've got this friend that thinks I'm Mr Goody Two Shoes and that's not very appealing to a good bad girl. I think it's funny or it would have been if... Well, maybe they're right or maybe they're wrong. I haven't met any real Miss Goody Two Shoes. However nice and churchgoing any given girl is, there's a thirst for adventure in them. I haven't met any real Mr Goody Two Shoes either, just some really timid guys as with some girls too. They all have a thirst for adventure even if they're scared of it. Me? It was my romance with God from childhood that made me dial down my own crazy to a cold rebellion against life. Only started breaking that up recently.

Here's this funny thing: what girls are saying a guy should do - be aloof and act like you're not all that interested is what girls do. They say they want a real man and ask the man to play a girl to catch their attention. How perfectly absurd. I say, you like a woman, pursue her. She's not into you, move on. It's tough if you've fallen for her but it's stupid to stay and emasculate yourself. If she says you're too nice. Learn that and see if you're being too timid for a guy and toughen up. If things eventually work out between you two, nice. If they don't, man, give your heart some space to breathe again.

That last part was the part I found difficult to accept for three years, that you could actually let go of something that means so much to you and start something new with someone else. But you can. And it need not take a full year to recover. If the break is because the other person is not as much into the relationship as you are, nothing would cure your heart except new love, no, not rebound, new real love.

2 Likes

Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
What women want?

Women want guys who can sell them a well-packaged dream.

I was talking about the same topic with an O.G and few of my mates a few days ago. And when one of my mates asked the question: "What do women really want, especially black women?" Someone replied, "Money and the lifestyle."

The OG just laughed and shook his head. Then he started breaking it down for us. Truth be told, women just want comfort and a well-packaged dream. Once you can provide them with comfort and you're smart enough, with the right personality and tools, to sell them a dream and tell them things they want to hear - then, you should be able to supply their temporary wants/needs.

However, their permanent wants/needs are a different kettle-of-fish. Only God can decipher that!

Shalom! cool

2 Likes

Re: What Women Want by Dyt(f): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Singing
I just wanna be happy
*bn happy surrounds so many things*
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dyt: Singing
I just wanna be happy

Thanks for proving me right! tongue

Can you tell me anyone on this planet that's permanently happy? Hence, why I asserted that, women love dreams, and are naturally attracted to the best dream-sellers, with the right packaging. So evidently, once you can supply women those temporary/superficial wants - then you should be able to tear-apart whatever defense mechanism(s) they've got.

It's all a mind game. wink
Re: What Women Want by Dyt(f): 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ofcus
There are people dat are permanently happy so long d things dat makes dem happy are always available

Cld b money
Sex
Fame
Anyth

If one can't provide, den u move to d next
*winks*
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Erm... And you believe all those things bring permanent happiness, nah? grin

SMFDH @ women and superficial things.
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ihe dearie, you seem to be creating threads concerning this whole love issue. You seem very preoccupied about this love matter. Hian!! tongue

Oya come Ishilove give you some love, so that your mind will come down tongue grin
Re: What Women Want by engrtee(f): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
Girls love liars
Re: What Women Want by REMMEI(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
"The question that has never been answered and which i have not been able to answer,despite my thirty years of research into feminine soul is 'what does a woman really want?"....Sigmund freud.
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
what do women want? Especially black women. Someone replied "money and lifestyle
Women want happiness.
And while yes money can make one's life on earth pleasant,it can't buy happiness.
I know that for sure now
I've seen rich men and poor ones too.
I've loved a dirt poor man and we were very happy while it lasted.
Of course maybe we'd have been even happier if we had all the comforts we needed then.but trust me if that money were to be in the pocket of another man then,I'd have gladly stuck to my man and his poverty.
What am I saying?
We women really do like money and luxury and since men discovered it,there are just a few who work to improve on themselves.they all believe "if I've money,I can have any woman"
So they only concentrate on making money at the detriment of other good qualities.and by the time they are done,they've only suceeded in turning themselves into the biblical rich fool
That money can't buy them love.it only buys them names such as
Mugu1. cheesy grin
We want a man who's world revolves around us.(Selfish?) Well yea. We don't ask for what we can't give in return.
A woman just wants to be loved. She wants to know that inspite of the fact that she's not as beautiful as beyonce,she's the most beautiful woman in your world.

2 Likes

Re: What Women Want by druid06(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
lorretta u: Women want happiness.
And while yes money can make one's life on earth pleasant,it can't buy happiness.
I know that for sure now
Of course maybe we'd have been even happier if we had all the comforts we needed then.but trust me if that money were to be in the pocket of another man then,I'd have gladly stuck to my man and his poverty.
What am I saying?
We women really do like money and luxury and since men discovered it,there are just a few who work to improve on themselves.they all believe "if I've money,I can have any woman"
So they only concentrate on making money at the detriment of other good qualities.and by the time they are done,they've only suceeded in turning themselves into the biblical rich fool
Mugu1. cheesy grin
We want a man who's world revolves around us.(Selfish?) Well yea. We don't ask for what we can't give in return.
A woman just wants to be loved. She wants to know that inspite of the fact that she's not as beautiful as beyonce,she's the most beautiful woman in your world.

I like this.
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
shymexx: What women want?

Women want guys who can sell them a well-packaged dream.

I was talking about the same topic with an O.G and few of my mates a few days ago. And when one of my mates asked the question: "What do women really want, especially black women?" Someone replied, "Money and the lifestyle."

The OG just laughed and shook his head. Then he started breaking it down for us. Truth be told, women just want comfort and a well-packaged dream. Once you can provide them with comfort and you're smart enough, with the right personality and tools, to sell them a dream and tell them things they want to hear - then, you should be able to supply their temporary wants/needs.

However, their permanent wants/needs are a different kettle-of-fish. Only God can decipher that!

Shalom! cool

Lol. Abi o! Make dem go do prayer and fasting to know wetin dem want! grin

But, ehn, if you meet a woman who knows she wants you, bros, that's the day you'll know how beautiful life is. wink
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dyt: Singing
I just wanna be happy

Lmao. You must really like shymexx
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dyt: Ofcus
There are people dat are permanently happy so long d things dat makes dem happy are always available

Cld b money
Sex
Fame
Anyth

If one can't provide, den u move to d next
*winks*

Lol. How many b1tches have died for all your many men abeg? grin
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove: Ihe dearie, you seem to be creating threads concerning this whole love issue. You seem very preoccupied about this love matter. Hian!! tongue

Oya come Ishilove give you some love, so that your mind will come down tongue grin

You couldn't handle me, Ishi-baby. I come pretty strong, not very diluted, honey. kiss
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
lorretta u: Women want happiness.
I know that for sure now
What am I saying?
Mugu1. cheesy grin

@bolded, and the bigger that world the better abi? grin

You make sense though smiley
Re: What Women Want by wasak(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
I agree with Shymmex ...words... make sure the words u tell ha create an imagination of her perfect desire in her mind such that ll linger in her head and radiate in her mood....Do not let it quench before u sell another dream to her... make sure u believe it...even if its all falsehood... ( cos gals prefer to wallow in happy self-deceit than a painful reality )....ds is elementary...
the only thing u need to fill in d gaps. is study her her likes and surprise her at irregular intervals...

one last thing.. .Show ha u can lead her through.. as a shepherd would to his tender flock... in the occasion of any disagreement... Go back to the elementary rule.....
Re: What Women Want by oligo2011: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2013
women are dif , just know who ever u dealing with try ur best to make her hapy, dont kill ur salf to make woman hapy. have it in mind they are unsatisfy creatures.(i m sory) remember rule number 1, 4 ur safty no 100% love so u can let go whan ever she say she's done.
Re: What Women Want by jideroland(m): 12:16am On Sep 06, 2013
I love that movie. one of Mel Gibson's good movies...
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You couldn't handle me, Ishi-baby. I come pretty strong, not very diluted, honey. kiss
I like 'em strong and undiluted kiss grin
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove:
I like 'em strong and undiluted kiss grin

Do you now! So what can you do for me? How flexible are you? You dance? How creative can you get when the sheets are down? Do you mind late mornings? Can you handle spontaneity and impromptu engagements? smiley kiss
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 12:32am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Do you now! So what can you do for me? How flexible are you? You dance? How creative can you get when the sheets are down? Do you mind late mornings? Can you handle spontaneity and impromptu engagements? smiley kiss
Umm..."when the sheets are down?" Care to expantiate on this? embarassed
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove:
Umm..."when the sheets are down?" Care to expantiate on this? embarassed

Sheets - of the cotton or synthetic kind

Down - a position gravitationally-inclined

grin

The other queries?
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 12:52am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Sheets - of the cotton or synthetic kind

Down - a position gravitationally-inclined

grin

The other queries?
Urrr...Right. No more questions!! cheesy

1) How flexible are you?- Depends on which area the flexibility is required.

2) Can you dance?- Depends on the kind of dance you mean. Can't do no break dance, alingo, etigi and all that allied nonsense.

3) How creative can you get when the sheets are down?- That is for me to know and you to find out lipsrsealed grin

4) Do you mind late mornings?- Depends on what will make the morning late for me

5) Can you handle spontainety and impromptu engagements?- I'm a very spontaneous person, and no, I'm not a fan of impromptu engagements. However, I don't mind them if they are fun engagements and they don't mess up already laid important plans. cool

1 Like

Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove:
Urrr...Right. No more questions!! cheesy

1) How flexible are you?- depends on which area the flexibility is required.

2) Can you dance- depends on the kind of dance you mean

3) How creative can you get when the sheets are down?- that is for me to know and you to find out lipsrsealed grin

4) Do you mind late mornings?- depends on what will make the morning late for me

5) Can you handle spontainety and impromptu engagements?- I'm a very spontaneous person, and no, I'm not a fan of impromptu engagements. However, I don't mind them if they are fun engagements and they don't mess up already laid important plans

Hmm, what kind of love were you planning to give a very red-blooded man like me biko? undecided
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Hmm, what kind of love were you planning to give a very red-blooded man like me biko? undecided
You were not very specific na, so I gave you non-specific answers grin

Re-read my post nwoke, I edited it
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove:
You were not very specific na, so I gave you non-specific answers grin

Re-read my post nwoke, I edited it

I see.

I see your edited post. Alingo kwa? Na love dancing we de talk na. wink

Na loving tinz o! If you gat some love to show Ihedinobi, it better be hardcore. You gaz be veeeery flexible o! You gaz clear your schedule. You gaz be up to TDB tinz. You gaz be very creative. I no sabi any oda pattern o! Na new new, different different tinz de work my engine! wink
Re: What Women Want by Ishilove: 1:15am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I see.

I see your edited post. Alingo kwa? Na love dancing we de talk na. wink

Na loving tinz o! If you gat some love to show Ihedinobi, it better be hardcore. You gaz be veeeery flexible o! You gaz clear your schedule. You gaz be up to TDB tinz. You gaz be very creative. I no sabi any oda pattern o! Na new new, different different tinz de work my engine! wink
Lmao!!

There are stars in your eyes, my dear. It doesn't always work that way. You'll realise this as you get older and the responsiblities pile up. smiley

However, I am veeery flexible and very creative. What's TDB?
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove:
Lmao!!

There are stars in your eyes, my dear. It doesn't always work that way. You'll realise this as you get older and the responsiblities pile up. smiley

However, I am veeery flexible and very creative. What's TDB?

Stars in? Look who's talking. shocked

Lol @ growing older and getting reaponsibilities. Na dat kind of love you wan give me? Dat one na long tin now na. Long-term with me is serious stuff o, yet to meet the woman that can handle me right now to say nothing of long-term. Of course, in the long term option, impromptu won't always be there. Spontaneity may not even always be practical then. Even creativity may not count as much as certainty and occurence at all.

Issue is what you go'n do for the niggie right frickin now!

Veeery flexible? Me likey! Very creative! Gaddem! This might actually work grin TDB = till daybreak, hon. wink
Re: What Women Want by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 06, 2013
'Too nice' is the polite term for a 'kiss as...s'. Nobody likes a kiss as....s. It comes across as fake.
Forget about what women want, just get to know your woman or your woman of interest.
Re: What Women Want by AdeniyiA(m): 4:23am On Sep 06, 2013
some are really confused and do not know what n who they actually want.
Re: What Women Want by pendusky(m): 5:04am On Sep 06, 2013
forget these jokes!!! women want hardworking men!!! and yet they ignore a brickslayers greetngs. is it fair? lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

STATES With The Highest Number Of Single LADIES. / Differences Between Men And Women (13 Photos) / Cardinal Rules To Follow If You Must Cheat On Your Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.