Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

My Poultry Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farm (38543 Views)

The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farm by flybiz08(m): 6:43am On Mar 26, 2015
Nwogbe:

So sure 60k/mnth, not bad for a beginner. Hope u gonna double d number of birds in ur nxt stock.
Re: My Poultry Farm by flybiz08(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2015
FarmTech:

It's still very much in my mind. Let me just give you guys a summary of the porofit:
1. Feed intake per day: 66.5kg
2. Cost per kg of feed = N2350/25kg = N94/kg
3. Feed cost per day = 66.5kg x 94=N6251/day.
4. Average no. Of crates per day is 14 crates.
5. Average price per crate is N600.
6. Gross Profit per day = N600x14 crates = N8400.
7. Net profit is N2149 per day.
N.B. Cost of routine lasota vaccination (N720 every 6 wks or less), antibiotic preventive dose, water, multivit etc not included. They're small though.

Considering the fact that these birds were fed until they started laying, would you consider the profit margin satisfactory? I'm of the opinion that the first 3 - 4 months of egg laying would be used to cover for the running costs from DOC to POL.
With that in mind, I don't see the lucrative nature of the business except that one is walking a very thin rope.
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2015
flybiz08:

Considering the fact that these birds were fed until they started laying, would you consider the profit margin satisfactory? I'm of the opinion that the first 3 - 4 months of egg laying would be used to cover for the running costs from DOC to POL.
With that in mind, I don't see the lucrative nature of the business except that one is walking a very thin rope.
Where do you get the data from? In my case I can't really tell because shortly after they reach peak a disease struck them. Profit plunged and expense (lab test and drugs) skyrocketed. This is my first trial and I have learnt my lessons. It won't happen next time.
Re: My Poultry Farm by EZEUDENE(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2015
nice write up hope 2 join u guys soon
Re: My Poultry Farm by bigiyaro(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2015
FarmTech:

It may be normal. It's called cecal droppings. Do they look sick? Do they eat and drink well?
sir, some of my chicks have some symptoms i.e the toes becomes curled in some the both legs becomes strechted behind such that the bird lies on its breast, they dont eat nor drink,some r already dead. Pls help me out.
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
bigiyaro:
sir, some of my chicks have some symptoms i.e the toes becomes curled in some the both legs becomes strechted behind such that the bird lies on its breast, they dont eat nor drink,some r already dead. Pls help me out.
I suspect newcastle or vitamin defficiency. Which feed do u use and when did u vaccinate with lasota?
Re: My Poultry Farm by bigiyaro(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
FarmTech:

I suspect newcastle or vitamin defficiency. Which feed do u use and when did u vaccinate with lasota?
actually,i just recently start mixin the broiler starter with grinded yellow corn.they surpposed to be vaccinated today being their 4th week of age.
Re: My Poultry Farm by adedam007(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
bigiyaro:
actually,i just recently start mixin the broiler starter with grinded yellow corn.they surpposed to be vaccinated today being their 4th week of age.
which type of feed do u give your birds

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 12:27am On Apr 03, 2015
bigiyaro:
Don't mix anything with the starter and dont vaccinate yet. Treat with tylodox and multivit. Vaccinate 3 days after treatment is completed.
Re: My Poultry Farm by bigiyaro(m): 4:55am On Apr 03, 2015
adedam007:

which type of feed do u give your birds
vita feed broiler starter
Re: My Poultry Farm by bigiyaro(m): 4:58am On Apr 03, 2015
FarmTech:

Don't mix anything with the starter and dont vaccinate yet. Treat with tylodox and multivit. Vaccinate 3 days after treatment is completed.
ok sir. Can i get an alternetive if am unable to get d tylodox? Thanks.
Re: My Poultry Farm by kelvin96: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2015
bigiyaro:
ok sir. Can i get an alternetive if am unable to get d tylodox? Thanks.

tylocare is good too. Good luck .
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
kelvin96:

tylocare is good too. Good luck .
Or any drug containing tylosin and/or doxycycline
Re: My Poultry Farm by Farmafric(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2015
@ Farmergiant we offer free consultancy service,comprehensive Business plan for your poultry farm and also sell poultry farm equipments(cages,incubators,feeders,debeaker,transport cages,drinkers etc).you can visit our website www.farmergiant.net or call 08099515923,08095645892,08179841277.
Re: My Poultry Farm by kaymusty: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
The Wire mesh method is very very effective.
Re: My Poultry Farm by Farmafric(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2015
For all you need to know before starting a poultry farm, for your poultry stock like equipment for example: Business plan, Day Old Chicks, Point of Lay, Spent Layers, Giant Turkeys, Eggs, De-beaking machine, De-feathering Machine, Automatic Bell Drinkers, Egg (Chicken, Quail and Turkey) incubator, Brand new Semi Automatic Cages, Gas brooders, Automatic Vaccinators etc., Please visit our corporate office at Farmergiant Nigeria Limited at No 56 Shasha Road Akowonjo, Lagos or our ware house and farm at Ibadan.
Call 08095645892 for more inquiry. Our consultation is free. We are very ready to be of help to you.

Re: My Poultry Farm by vsonic77: 9:53am On May 17, 2015
hello guys, i need to know the price of the various size of eggs
like small
medium
big
and extra large and also not forgetting pullet. thanks awaiting urgent reply as my bird just started laying eggs and these market women are just calling all kind of price i have never heard of before
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2015
vsonic77:
hello guys, i need to know the price of the various size of eggs
like small
medium
big
and extra large and also not forgetting pullet. thanks awaiting urgent reply as my bird just started laying eggs and these market women are just calling all kind of price i have never heard of before
Where is ur location?
Re: My Poultry Farm by vsonic77: 8:52pm On May 18, 2015
my location is in ogun state ifo area
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 6:52pm On May 19, 2015
vsonic77:
my location is in ogun state ifo area
Well, it may differ base on location. In mine small eggs - about 400, medium 600 and large 650.
Re: My Poultry Farm by soxyfem: 3:19am On May 20, 2015
FarmTech:

Well, it may differ base on location. In mine small eggs - about 400, medium 600 and large 650.
Sounds very nice!,please where do you sell your eggs!,if a medium goes for 600,it's a great deal.Marketing poultry products is a major worry,customers insist on buying on credit,and keep owning you,could be frustrating at times,would appreciate it if you give me a clue as to find a way out sir
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2015
I sell to wholesellers and street shops. They come to buy from the farm cash and carry. Though one whole seller is owing us over 30k.
Re: My Poultry Farm by israelotics: 2:04pm On May 22, 2015
pls,when can i get day old layers and the price pls.
Re: My Poultry Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2015
You have to book it from a hatchery. I got my second batch from asaba, crown hatchery @180.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm by EZEUDENE(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2015
FarmTech:
You have to book it from a hatchery. I got my second batch from asaba, crown hatchery @180.
wat kind of bird is dat Oga farm tech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? / Wonders Of Nature In My Farm / How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.