Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,422 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? (14452 Views)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? / How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Krasid(m): 6:12am On Sep 08, 2013
A lot of people have said that, your dream is actually what is going to happen to you in reality or what has happened before in your life, others think maybe it is what your subconcious cooked up and that it has no effect on your life.I have not decided what I believe in, but your opinions will be greatly appreciated.Do you think that dreams have any effect on someone's reality?

3 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Ekawu(m): 6:16am On Sep 08, 2013
It do affect our reality in rare case though.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 08, 2013
Dreams sometimes tell us of our future.

3 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by purpinkx(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2013
Dreams are like ... Your subconscious trying to lend a listening ear and then give you possible scenarios ... The 1 you dwell most on are the ones that repeat and of course more likely to happen . cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by johnstar(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2013
Bt sumtims I hardly remebr my dream, wat is d cause

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 08, 2013
Hi

3 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by pxjosh(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2013
nne3870: I dream a lot, most times my dreams play out in the physical realm most especially the bad ones.
I had a bad dream concerning my dad, few days after I lost him.
I had a bad dream concerning my uncle and just 2days I received d news that he passed on.
I saw my pregnant friend delivered a baby girl, when I woke up I was called that she already put to bed and behold it was a girl.
My neighbour's baby in my dream was almost snatched by a woman but the mum was quick to come to his rescue, the following day he dislocated his legbone while playing with his friends. Even when I pray to cancel d dreams it happens afterall.
This days I find it difficult to close my eyes cos I dnt want to dream again..... So dreams reveal what to expect in d future.
pls dream of seun

8 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2013
pxjosh: pls dream of seun
cheesy cheesy ok wetin seun do you? I tot it was mukina that banned you?
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by unmask: 7:57am On Sep 08, 2013
nne3870: I dream a lot, most times my dreams play out in the physical realm most especially the bad ones.
I had a bad dream concerning my uncle and just 2days I received d news that he passed on.
I saw my pregnant friend delivered a baby girl, when I woke up I was called that she already put to bed and behold it was a girl.
My neighbour's baby in my dream was almost snatched by a woman but the mum was quick to come to his rescue, the following day he dislocated his legbone while playing with his friends. Even when I pray to cancel d dreams it happens afterall.
This days I find it difficult to close my eyes cos I dnt want to dream again..... So dreams reveal what to expect in d future.
start a church nah I heard its very lucrative.....

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by unmask: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2013
start a ministry nah I heard its very lucrative.....
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 08, 2013
@unmask I doubt having a ministry is the best thing to do, The scripture pointed out clearly that "in the last days, I will pour out my spirit on all flesh, young men, old men daughters shall dream dreams and have visions too" so if I set up a ministry simply because I dream then people will not attend my church so that they can be renewed rather they will attend so I can tell them bout their future which is wrong.

Since I dream a lot I make it a point of duty to interpret dreams which I do. May be you tell me your dreams so I can interpret them as well. grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Delafruita(m): 9:37am On Sep 08, 2013
the mind is a powerful tool.it has a life of its own and isn't restricted to the conscious.the mind can paint inconceivable scenarios,it can analyse situations and arrive at its own conclusion and it does absolutely everything to protect the individual.the mind is so powerful that sometimes you will need the aid of hypnosis aided by sodium amytal to break down its barriers to access suppressed memories.what you have my dear is a case of constant deja vu.you didn't dream those things before they happened.your mind simply created that scenario to protect itself and you.it happens to everyone.something happens and you get the feeling that you've dreamt about it before.sometimes we have fears and our mind preys on those fears or thoughts to create possible scenarios but it focuses more on scenarios based on our thoughts,desires,fears etc.during REM sleep,the mind takes a life of its own and the possibilities are endless

9 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Delafruita(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2013
nne3870: @unmask I doubt having a ministry is the best thing to do, The scripture pointed out clearly that "in the last days, I will pour out my spirit on all flesh, young men, old men daughters shall dream dreams and have visions too" so if I set up a ministry simply because I dream then people will not attend my church so that they can be renewed rather they will attend so I can tell them bout their future which is wrong.

Since I dream a lot I make it a point of duty to interpret dreams which I do. May be you tell me your dreams so I can interpret them as well. grin
josephine
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
My elder brother,when he was little he had a dream that the devil wanted him to follow him to his house, he refused and when he was running the devil stabbed him with his finger and when he woke up he had a huge scar on his butt
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by dhtml(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Premonitions - those type of dreams!
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dont you know that dreams can come true?
Look at me babe, I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong...
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by dhtml(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
I have a question though, is it possible to dream of something you have never seen before? Or are dreams always limited by what we have seen before?

E.g Can a deaf person dream of sounds, or can a blind person dream and see a fine girl in that dream (i am talking of someone born deaf or blind respectively).

This is a sidetalk and is not an attempt to derail the thread.

@topic: in my own case, my dreams guide me in reality (like a 6th sense in a way)
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by fitzmayowa: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
johnstar: Bt sumtims I hardly remebr my dream, wat is d cause

Oya bring 20k for deliverance...so we go fit cast out dream forgetting spirit grin
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by 247notire(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
No it doesnt. It shows us reality sumtyms
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by tunnex190: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please what is needed to be done to make me remember my dreams very well when I'm awake?
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by crackhaus: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Last night I dreamt about driving a brand new SUV(can't remember the model). That dream had better come true for the sake of dream-believers.

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Yeah for me, almost immediately.. My EX so much believes in the power of her dream to d point dat if she dreams dat u die, you Berra go n price ur coffin

5 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
#Wetinconcern Dame patience with english?

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Yesterday I dreamt I could create time holes on the earth and travel between lands. One land was called "Waka Waka" and was a tropical paradise until I saw the biggest tidal wave ever and took cover in an abandoned house. When the wave hit I freaked out and accidentally created a gap in time which resulted in me living in a volcano crater. There were canapes and tea for all.

^Deffo can't take any of that literally undecided
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Fussbot: 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
johnstar: Bt sumtims I hardly remebr my dream, wat is d cause
naw dis is a serious problem...see ur prophet

urs is beta though, compared to dos who doesnt dream atall,infact it's beta 2 be having bad dreams dan not to have atall

and yeah dreams effects in our reality
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by planetuzor(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

End time things!

2 Likes

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Gideojim(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
Drim must time have effect on one's future, that why is good to always write dreams down and go through it over and over again
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
I think it does to an extent,but mine do not happen
Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
yes dream also reveal d future.when i ws in sec sch i always dream about my exam n test.my classmates always insult me of seeing d exam or test i ws so ashamed dat i cry n ask God to stop showing me dat n it stop.i regret saying dat prayer now oh .

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by dareyking(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

End time things!!....Bitcha Suck It....

1 Like

Re: Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
[size=55pt]I DON'T THINK SO.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child / NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.