Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday (9506 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Bishop David Oyedepo’s Prophecy About 2015 Elections / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by naptu2: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
There was no restriction of movement on Saturday December 12th, 1959. People went to their offices, but the government appealed to employers to give their staff some time off during the day so that they can go and vote.

In recent times we've always had restriction of movement on election day. This could make it impossible for some people to go to work, church or mosque on that day.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Marksule(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Make them Tell My Oga at d top
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by ejemeaaron: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
[quote
author=ajasa4link]is seven days Adventists now a religion?...Na wa for
this country o,over-religiousness is one of our major problems...soon
Jehovah witnesses will tell the government they don't vote because they
attend their kingdom hall meetings everyday and they cannot vote on the
days they attend kingdom hall meetings...Na real wa for this
country[/quote] u jst had to mention d jehovah's witnesses ryt? *smh*

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
And the FG shud pls tell the police to stop harrassing the messengers of the gods angry

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by mooregan(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
condralbede: My fellow NL please I hv questions to ask.3 days ago I was banned for saying End Time Tinz,so my question now is y must they ban me for saying such,are we nt in Democratic era?is it nt my crdt /Mega byte am using to say that?most I say what mukina n d other moderators wants?y didn't they ban other ones that said dat too or uses dot to book space?well for me it's too bad and that's just typical sign For END TIME THINGS.I know u guys are still going to ban me again,bt remember seun this is nt hlpin dis great forum.tnx
So I was banned too, I wanna know which of d 21 DON'T'S they have here is against E.T.T?? That u be mod no mean say u gats do Person anyhow abeg.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Emmyk(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Originalsly: You have your right to vote. Do the Adventists now want to serve two masters? Voting is an option and not a must...the church should focus on what it supposed to be doing and stop meddling with politics.
damn simple! Wa gba iyi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by mooregan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
condralbede: My fellow NL please I hv questions to ask.3 days ago I was banned for saying End Time Tinz,so my question now is y must they ban me for saying such,are we nt in Democratic era?is it nt my crdt /Mega byte am using to say that?most I say what mukina n d other moderators wants?y didn't they ban other ones that said dat too or uses dot to book space?well for me it's too bad and that's just typical sign For END TIME THINGS.I know u guys are still going to ban me again,bt remember seun this is nt hlpin dis great forum.tnx
So I was banned too,you're even lucky urs was 3days, Mine was 5days, No thanks to that Mod whose name starts with "M". I wanna know which of d 21 DON'T'S they have here is against E.T.T?? That u be mod no mean say u gats do Person anyhow abeg.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Enegod(m): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Tandem(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why should election day be their issue now since elections are not held every day, basically once every four years and occasionally for local government election
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by abatajjvii: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
I ban you ok

Ok

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by HolyHolla(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
See what a church is bothered about... while souls are perishing out there!!!
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by 4peace(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
raytony: Not on monday cos its for Ayelala worshipers.
Not on tuesday cos its for Sango worshipers.
Not on wednesday cos its for Ogun fans.
Not on thursday cos its Aregbesola's (Ifa) fans.
When Government go come do election?

FG should creat 8day so everybody will be satisfy
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by 4peace(m): 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
naptu2: There was no restriction of movement on Saturday December 12th, 1959. People went to their offices, but the government appealed to employers to give their staff some time off during the day so that they can go and vote.

In recent times we've always had restriction of movement on election day. This could make it impossible for some people to go to work, church or mosque on that day.

and to think of it

is election conducted every saturday of the year?
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by chidooh1: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
The truth is kept secret, did any verse in the bible tell you or suggest Sunday as a worship day?

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
mtcheww.,government should rather ban religion. It is causing more harm than good.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nadoson: 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
starbuck: The Fg wouldn't listen to their pleas as long as the church is under a xtian organization, so the church should better change their day of worship to Sunday

Xtians worship on Sundays while Muslim s worship on Friday s
if u dnt knw wot 2 say beta shut ur mout
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by deols(f): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sunday should stop being a holiday just like Friday and Saturday are not.

A neutral day like Thursday or even Wednesday should be chosen, if these people's plea wont be considered.

IMHO, they have every right to demand this.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by condralbede(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
mooregan:
So I was banned too, I wanna know which of d 21 DON'T'S they have here is against E.T.T?? That u be mod no mean say u gats do Person anyhow abeg.
am telling u.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by deols(f): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
peppy luv: And the FG shud pls tell the police to stop harrassing the messengers of the gods angry

that picture is hilarious. 'ara orun' is afraid of guns?

tell your messengers to stop harassing people with their whips.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by 10cent: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
Unfortunately tђε̲̣̣̣̥ don't listen Ţ☹ appeals, go ãпԃ ask ASUU.
Just tell them you have plenty members who you will make sure votes Fø̲̣̣я opposition should another election be held on Saturday an d you will see tђε̲̣̣̣̥ listen Ţ☹ you ãпԃ change it.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by bola4dprec(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
starbuck: The Fg wouldn't listen to their pleas as long as the church is under a xtian organization, so the church should better change their day of worship to Sunday

Xtians worship on Sundays while Muslim s worship on Friday s
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by naptu2: 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
[size=14pt]No Restriction Of Movement.[/size]

Unlike Nigeria where movement is restricted on election day, Americans were on their duty posts without hindrance yesterday.Political advertising was still on the day of the election.

Even campaign rallies were held. Republican Mitt Romney campaigned in Ohio and Pennsylvania, contrary to the situation in Nigeria.

Only public schools were shut as their premises were used as polling units.

There was no human and vehicular restriction in most areas visited in Maryland, Virginia and the nation’s capital, Washington DC.

In Washington DC, workers were at work. Many eligible voters were seen casting their vote as early as 7a.m. and returning to their offices.In most states, voting commenced at 7a.m. and ended at 7p.m.

The only sign of election was the atmosphere at designated polling units.

At polling units visited in Bethesda, Rockville, Germantown, Glenmont all in Maryland, and Mclean, Tyson’s Corner, Lynchburg, Arlington, Alexandria all in Virginia, voters were seen exercising their civic rights in orderliness. There were no cases of violence and ballot snatching.

A member of the Virginia House of Delegates, Banbana Cornstock, told National Mirror that she was proud to cast her vote for her party, the Republican.

My vote is not just for my party but the future of America. Another voter simply identified as Carol, said, This election is about issues, not party affiliation.

Americans need leaders who can change their fortunes. That is why I have voted Mitt Romney,” Babara said.

She also told our correspondent that her lot on President Barack Obama was because Obama had the capacity to move the country forward.

I’m not a politician but I have exercised my voting right today. I came to the polling unit by 7a.m. and by 8a.m.

I am done with the voting. I’m sure Obama will get the mandate of Americans to do another term, she told National Mirror in Germantown, Maryland. Shelby Umetsu, a school teacher in Rockville, Maryland, said she could not wait to see the election over.

It has been a gruelling period, so I can’t wait for the election to be over today.

The election has almost divided Americans. I have voted for my choice based on performance and promises. I hope after today, when the winner emerges, Americans will come together, Umetsu said.

by AYODELE OJO reporting from USA

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=58095
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by jakeRRAY: 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
nora544:

In my country and i live in an cristian country we have elections on sunday and it is no problem for the people because they have time the hole day and when they don't want this they can send a special mail and can make there election but i know this is not possible in nigeria.

We will have election in two weeks on sunday.
which country o
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by xplizit(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin U sef, u be end-time prophet?
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by naptu2: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
naptu2: There was no restriction of movement on Saturday December 12th, 1959. People went to their offices, but the government appealed to employers to give their staff some time off during the day so that they can go and vote.

naptu2: The Governor-General, Sir James Robertson, checks an elector's registration card during his tour of polling stations. Federal elections of Saturday, December 12th, 1959. (Picture from "The Nigerian Federal Elections of 1959: Politics and Administration in a Developing Political System" by KWJ Post)

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by nnacent(m): 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
We all have a right of worship, as well as obligation to choose our leaders, the FG should give us dat chance as it obtains in Ghana and some other countries. Moreover, does anyone has a bible verse that suggest that we should worship any other day apart from saturday? Fightthings

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Emperor007: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2013

This plea is very valid and presented correctly .

FG should please grant this request.

This would increase the number of voters that would turn out during election.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Christmasdon(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
I won't say anyThinG.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by bola4dprec(m): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nigeria is a failed state, major principle stipulated by the constitution were not achieved i.e The Constitution of Nigeria
29 May 1999. EDUCATION Chapter II
Article 18 (1) Government shall direct its
policy towards ensuring that there are equal and adequate educational opportunities at all levels. (2) Government shall promote science and technology (3) Government shall strive to eradicate illiteracy; and to this end Government shall as and when practicable provide (a) free, compulsory and universal primary education; (b) free secondary education; (c) free university education; and (d) free adult literacy programme. Haven failed to provide all this, it will difficult for the government to safeguard the interest of any religion group in Nigeria where constitution is not functioned.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by lordibem(m): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Serendipity: The appeal is otiose and non sequitur.
Sabbath is made for man and not man for the sabbath.
Can't they dispense themselves just for that period the election will be on for the general good of all?

i wonder oo. Election that is just once in 4 years.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by anitank(f): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lol! Everyone with their own wahala
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Chikapali(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
i am a Seventh-Day Adventist and iv never voted before even though am over above the voting age. Pls Government shld help us select our leaders. as far as am concerned i didn't vote anybody in2 power so i keep quiet when they misbehave the way dey are misbehaving. All adventists dont vote so our rights is bein deprived us to select credible leaders. NB- where is d farouk lawal case? Sup with Maina?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" / Please Vote - Who Is A Tither?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.