Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday (9507 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Bishop David Oyedepo’s Prophecy About 2015 Elections / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by adicious(m): 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
I've Been Hearing Of Mukina Lately, Who Is He? Obama'S Son? FaceBook Don't Ban People The Way You Do. If You Pick Interest In Me And Try Me, I Go WhoOZ! Just Saying My Mind.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by victorkc(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
The request for the change of election day from Saturday to any other day not including other worship days should be considered. Lets look at the point of their argument first before we crucify them. Saturday is their day of worship and according to the scripture Exd 20:8-Remember the Sabbath keep it holy,... which means there should be no work on that day including casting of votes, there by denying them their civic right in participating in choosing their leaders.FG should really look into such issues in our electoral acts. where nothing is done about it then the Bible also says that 'we aught to obey God rather than man' This is my opinion oooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by victorkc(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
You have your right to vote. Do the Adventists now want to serve two masters? Voting is an option and not a must...the church should focus on what it supposed to be doing and stop meddling with politics.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

This is not serving two masters at a time as u are saying. Even Jesus obeyed civil authorities, he never evaded tax, he also said we should obey constituted authorities as they are ordained by God, that's why voting is a civil responsibility enshrined in the constitution and do you know you can be jailed for not voting. therefore Christians (including Adventists) should actively be involved in electing their leaders, cus when the righteous is on the throne the people rejoice. However, where this civil responsibility clashes with the authority of God, therefore "we will obey God rather than man", that's what the bible says.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by bigtt76(f): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
One day (in four years) of skipping worship would not land your ass in Hell broada man. grin
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Cultured: Karl Marx was right when he asserted that "Religion is the opium of the people" . The world will surely be far more better than it's without religion - we all have the Cosmic Host living in us and through us He manifests Himself ,therefore there's no need for religion of any facets .

I thought that religious folks do propagate that " prayer solves all problems " , so why this continuous plea to the government to proscribe the conduct of elections on Saturdays , instead of using prayer to stop them from doing so. Does it mean that prayers doesn't work anymore ?
Spiritual Ignoramus. That isn't a problem, it's a request. If FG refuses, it becomes a challenge [never a problem]. And prayer doesn't solve any challenge. It is faith-based prayer [spiritual things Karl Max's incarnate may not comprehend]. If i pray that kind of prayer, Jonathan will shift election day to friday, IF AND ONLY IF IT IS REALLY A NEED! GOD ONLY ANSWER NEEDS. We are to respect and honour our leaders, they are also servants of God, u know? But for the Sabatharians, it MAY not work. Y? They hv been putting up with it for years, why do they want a change now? If every church makes their request, we may never have a day for election. Saturday is for the Greater good!
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Eduman7: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Serendipity: The appeal is otiose and non sequitur.
Sabbath is made for man and not man for the sabbath.
Can't they dispense themselves just for that period the election will be on for the general good of all?

keep quite joo
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Julbu(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
That is a great move by the Seventh Day Adventist Church and it is my prayer that God will touch the heart of the people in government to change things for better.we should not be doing things contrary to the will of God on the sabbath.Isaiah 58:13-14!
Proud to belong!

2 Likes

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Sezua(m): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
TUNEX89: seconded
THIRDONDED...end time fins
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by GOFON(m): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Read Isaiah 58 ; 13 - 14

13"If you keep your feet from breaking
the Sabbath and from doing as you
please on my holy day, if you call the
Sabbath a delight and the Lord 's holy
day honorable, and if you honor it by not
going your own way and not doing as
you please or speaking idle words,

14 then you will find your joy in the Lord ,
and I will cause you to ride on the
heights of the land and to feast on the
inheritance of your father Jacob." The
mouth of the Lord has spoken.

It is always better to obey God rather than man. The word of God is sacrosanct. We have never voted in elections fixed for Saturdays. It is better the FG gives this appeal the attention and consideration it deserves. This will enable Millions of Adventist in Nigeria participate in elections.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Dpeacemaker101: 12:15am On Sep 09, 2013
gerald09: Well that's fine while d FG is on dat dey can also make new yam festival a holiday, and make friday a weekend or h*ell they should make all traditional event a public holiday, so every religion gets dere way. Rubbish*
it's a plea, I guess you can read.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Dpeacemaker101: 12:19am On Sep 09, 2013
I seriously pray that it is granted,cause it stops most of us from participating in elections and we need to exercise our rights too. Please FG consider this, am glad to be an Adventist.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by jantavanta(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2013
condralbede: My fellow NL please I hv questions to ask.3 days ago I was banned for saying End Time Tinz,so my question now is y must they ban me for saying such,are we nt in Democratic era?is it nt my crdt /Mega byte am using to say that?most I say what mukina n d other moderators wants?y didn't they ban other ones that said dat too or uses dot to book space?well for me it's too bad and that's just typical sign For END TIME THINGS.I know u guys are still going to ban me again,bt remember seun this is nt hlpin dis great forum.tnx

The generation of youths that have a passion for these end time stuff are victims of a CIA free enterprise cultural export.
'End Time' is an evolution of the 'End of an Age' because the ancients measured time in a complete cycle of ages. But 3,000 years ago, the Persians through Zoroastrianism apocalypticised the 'end of an age' to mean the 'end of the world', and that is what is emphasised in the americanised cultural export that we consume today.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by jantavanta(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2013
Cultured: Karl Marx was right when he asserted that "Religion is the opium of the people" . The world will surely be far more better than it's without religion - we all have the Cosmic Host living in us and through us He manifests Himself ,therefore there's no need for religion of any facets .

I thought that religious folks do propagate that " prayer solves all problems " , so why this continuous plea to the government to proscribe the conduct of elections on Saturdays , instead of using prayer to stop them from doing so. Does it mean that prayers doesn't work anymore ?

Yes Karl Marx was right, but we now know that Ideology, like Religion is another opium that served the interest of competition for white supremacist domination of the world using the labels of 'West' and 'East'.

Yes we have the Cosmic Host, but are we ready for His manifestation in our image that we have been taught to reject for the image that lacks Melanin?
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Mustay(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2013
naptu2:
In recent times we've always had restriction of movement on election day. This could make it impossible for some people to go to work, church or mosque on that day.

Nigerians are relearning civil processes - with the ballot snatching,thuggery et al, it's no surprise there are restrictions. Perhaps we will get there soon.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 09, 2013
AM PROUD TO BE AN ADVENTIST. GOD HELP ME TO OBEY YOU RATHER THAN MAN.

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2013
raytony: Not on monday cos its for Ayelala worshipers.
Not on tuesday cos its for Sango worshipers.
Not on wednesday cos its for Ogun fans.
Not on thursday cos its Aregbesola's (Ifa) fans.
When Government go come do election?
FG should create another day after Friday before Saturday called FREEDAY. Elections will be held on FREEDAYS. Problem solved! QED!! cheesy
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2013
ChiSun27: Yes oooooo!!!!! As an adventist...I have the right to vote so the election days should be change to d days that it will favourable to all.
v
Me too as an adventist too,d day should b changed so we can exercise our right

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2013
[quote author=britnex]AM PROUD TO BE AN ADVENTIST. GOD HELP ME TO OBEY YOU RATHER THAN MAN.[/quote
Me too

1 Like

Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by ramzy2k(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
olokfor:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/07/elections-adventist-church-tells-fg-to-respect-worshiping-days/

well it will be damn good if the FG reconsider their decision they can't hold elections and inconvenience the religious practices of other citizens. the fact is God (the I AM THAT I AM) made a law for us to keep the Sabbath Holy, so why hold Elections on that day the Lord asked us to be kept holy? Thank
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by ramzy2k(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
well it will be damn good if the FG reconsider their decision they can't hold elections and inconvenience the religious practices of other citizens. the fact is God (the I AM THAT I AM) made a law for us to keep the Sabbath Holy, so why hold Elections on that day the Lord asked us to be kept holy? Thank
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Mustay(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Until Yakubu Gowon became president, Saturday was a working day in Nigeria.
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Pdizzle(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
since they dnt want to do to church on sunday, let them shift service to friday
Re: Adventist Church Appeals To FG To Stop Conducting Elections On Saturday by Pdizzle(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
since they dnt want to go to church on sunday, let them shift service to friday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" / Please Vote - Who Is A Tither?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.