Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja (28446 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Pattey(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

Face book or Nairaland is for gossip . If you have misunderstanding with your spouse ,do you go public with it? Does it mean you are hiding truth. That's just my point . And that's how Jesus sees it

So what are you doing here on NairaLand? Enjoying gossip?

In other news, when you have issues with your spouse, you resolve it in-house BUT when it becomes a recurrent troublesome issue that keeps recurring after 'you resolved it', what do you do?

Inform family, pastor? Or still keep quiet?

There is a difference between the church showing remorse over wrong doing AND asking someone to shut the heck up; of course doing it wit coded diplomacy - the bible! grin
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mko2005: 9:14am On Sep 12, 2013
Pattey:

So what are you doing here on NairaLand? Enjoying gossip?

In other news, when you have issues with your spouse, you resolve it in-house BUT when it becomes a recurrent troublesome issue that keeps recurring after 'you resolved it', what do you do?

Inform family, pastor? Or still keep quiet?

There is a difference between the church showing remorse over wrong doing AND asking someone to shut the heck up; of course doing it wit coded diplomacy - the bible! grin
Your hatred for the church and his servants can't change the word of God !

God help me
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by VANENON(f): 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!

I am a christain and the head of a unit in my church but i believe the story. All of it may not be true but am certain about 80% to 90% of it is true.
I was a member of winners chapel, i now attend RCCG and still attend winner services when i can. I am saying this so you know i have no bias towards winners chapel. The truth be told most churches have a lot of thugs within and around the church but that does not necessarily mean their wrong/shameful actions are supported by the pastor or church authority. In most cases the church authority is not even aware of what is going on.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by NextIG(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
drexx: You must be the most myopic being I have ever seen in my 21 year existence on earth. I didn't bother reading that dumb thing you scribbled down but I sense you are trying to justify your Al Bashar mentored Oyedepo. No matter what the guy did, would Jesus Christ justify the manhandling of that guy? I always know that Oyedepo does not imitate Jesus Christ. He is just a wise entrepreneur who has a zeal to make it in life even if it means killing people in the process
You are but a wasted night between two adults of opposite sex.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by oaroloye(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2017
SHALOM!

PastorKun:
As a response to the current news of violence regarding the notorious winner's chapel church currently in the media, a friend of mine decided to share his experience on facebook. With his permission i have decided to reproduce his account here as it corroborates the fact that impunity and violence are characteristic of the church, enjoy the read:

Maybe this happened, maybe it didn't.

Personally, I believe that this is pure fiction.

After attending Winners in Abuja for 5 years, my relationship with d Church ended on d day I was severely beaten and lied on by Church officials over a case of PARKING my car around d church. This is my own personal story:

I believe that anyone using " D " for "THE" is not a serious person, and is probably a liar.

The inability to type TWO EXTRA CHARACTERS indicates a disdain for detail, and uncaring as to what people think of one.

I parked my car where I am certain was not Church premises (it was a mechanic yard close to d church) it was a typical busy church day and d overzealous church traffic guys would never tell u where to park but will be yelling "don't park here" only to park more favored cars there.

1. What sort of car was this?

This is the 21st Century: SHOW & TELL.

Nigerians are proud of their vehicles. Why aren't you showing us?

There is no car.

2. A car owner is dignified and self-important; he is not going to use lazy illiterate abbreviations.

3. You have already LOST the sympathy of 99% of the readers, who are not car owners, and most of whom have no hope of ever owning a car this decade.

. MATTHEW 19:16-30.

16. And, behold, one came and said unto him,

"Good Master, what good thing shall I do,
that I may have Eternal Life?"

17. And he said unto him,

"Why callest thou me good?
there is none good but One, That is, God:
but if thou wilt enter into Life,
keep The Commandments."

18. He saith unto him,

"Which?"

Jesus said,

" 'THOU SHALT DO NO MURDER,
'THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY,
'THOU SHALT NOT STEAL,
'THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS,
19. " 'HONOUR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER:

and,

'THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.' "

20. The young man saith unto him,

"All these things have I kept from my youth up:
what lack I yet?"
21. Jesus said unto him,

"If thou wilt be Perfect,
go and sell that thou hast,
and give to the poor,
and thou shalt have Treasure in Heaven:
and come and follow me."

22. But when the young man heard that saying,
he went away sorrowful:
for he had Great Possessions.
23. Then said Jesus unto his Disciples,

"Verily I say unto you,

'THAT A RICH MAN SHALL HARDLY
ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.'

24. "And again I say unto you,

'IT IS EASIER FOR A CAMEL
TO GO THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE,
THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER
INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.' “

25. When his Disciples heard it,
they were exceedingly amazed,
saying,

"Who then can be Saved?"

26. But Jesus beheld them,
and said unto them,

"With men this is impossible;
but with God all things are possible."

27. Then answered Peter and said unto him,

"Behold, we have forsaken all,
and followed thee;
what shall we have therefore?"

28. And Jesus said unto them,
"Verily I say unto you,

'THAT YE WHICH HAVE FOLLOWED ME,
IN THE REGENERATION WHEN THE SON OF MAN
SHALL SIT IN THE THRONE OF HIS GLORY,
YE ALSO SHALL SIT UPON TWELVE THRONES,
JUDGING THE TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL.'

29. "And every one that hath forsaken Houses,
or Brethren, or Sisters, or Father, or Mother,
or Wife, or Children, or Lands,
for my Name's sake,
shall receive an hundredfold,
and shall inherit Everlasting Life.
30. "But many that are first shall be last;
and the last shall be first."

THESE ARE RICH BOYS' PROBLEMS.

The ones who zoom wherever we go, when we don't have bus fare.

You expect us to sympathize?

Good luck with that!

I was tired of being tossed around and I located this mechanic yard where about 12 other cars were parked.. It was simple, d Church guys as usual did not direct me anywhere to park so I located another place, I was running into d church because I was almost late. When I got in, I realized I had left my phone in d car

What a major problem!

However would you be able to disturb other worshippers, and interrupt the Pastor without it?

This is called a "PLOT DEVICE," to tie the action scenes together.

Why couldn't you discover what had happened to your car after the service?

Umm... "Where is the fun in that?"

so I went back out to get it, when I came out i discovered someone had willfully damaged my four tyres and when I asked, these Church guys standing there said he did it, because he called me to move d car when I was going in and I didn't.

"THESE CHURCH GUYS."

This is how a Christian Car Owner, the member of a prestigious church talks?

I then insisted he must fix d car tyres as he had no right or authority to touch my vehicle, when he refused and he and his gang were threatening to be violent, i went to make an official report to d Police station nearest to d church.

Was the damage done by ONE "guy," or several "guys?"

This is confusing.

These people, what did they look like?

What were their names?

How do you know that they had anything to do with the church?

Did you have the permission of the mechanic to park in his yard?

Do you know whether or not he might have donated his space for the use of the church?

What was the nature of the damage to your car tyres?

Why don't you tell us?

Whatever the damage was, why would you be so arrogant as to demand that he make it good on the spot?

How was he supposed to do that?

Breathe The Breath of Life into your tyres?

Fix them, with his Pocket Vulcanizer Kit?

This is incongruous with life in Africa.

In England, and some parts of America, you can talk like this to people who have taken a liberty with your valuable property.

Not in Africa.

On the other hand, NHIS is very helpful these days...

D police were initially reluctant to follow me and d DPO said "if na Church my hand no dey" and only reluctancly gave me an officer when i said i would petition d IG. The police man came with me to where d car was and immediately d Church guys asked d culprit to go into church to hide, the police said "oga we no tell u?" and when he could not find d culprit, he left back to his station; that is where d violence started, it was a 7.00am service and d clothes I wore to Church that day almost 9 years ago i keep till today as a souvenir.

You want us to believe that you have been a member of WINNERS CHAPEL for FIVE YEARS- and someone pissed you off one day, and YOU WENT TO THE POLICE before THE PASTOR?

That is an insult on our intelligence.

I was beaten thoroughly by about 12 people, my clothes torn and i was dragged on d floor for having d audacity to bring law enforcement to Church, I was screaming and shouting so badly that d pastors on d pulpit inside had to send someone to find out what was going on.

I do not believe this to be within the realm of possibility.

Who taught you to write- GARTH ENNIS?

You want us to believe that twelve Church members beat up on a Church member of FIVE (count 'em!) YEARS STANDING- because he brought POLICE to Church?

How does that work, exactly?

Without consulting the Pastor?

They committed TWO CRIMINAL OFFENSES, with the potential to land THE WHOLE CHURCH STEWARDSHIP (or whatever they call them,) in PRISON for YEARS- even the FOUNDER, if it can be proven that this Policy is on his orders.

In any event, THESE BOYS' LIVES HAVE JUST ENDED, at this point.

They sent a man I later identified as "Elder Gboje" who was d first person to ask "what is going on here?".

FIVE YEARS you spent in this church, and you could not recognize all the ELDERS on sight?

D church guys were like "we told him not to park he parked, so we deflated his tyre and he went to call police".

Ah! We now learn the nature of the "damage to your tyres;" the tyres were DEFLATED.

"DEFLATION" is not "DAMAGE."

You lied.

Also, you were going to TOTALLY RUIN SOMEONE'S LIFE, because they deflated your car tyres.

A fellow Church member.

. MATTHEW 5:17-26.

17. "Think not that I am come
to destroy The Law,
or The Prophets:
I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.
18. "For verily I say unto you,

'TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS,
ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE
SHALL IN NO WISE
PASS FROM THE LAW,
TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'

19. "Whosoever therefore
shall break one
of these least Commandments,
and shall teach men so,
he shall be called The Least
in The Kingdom of Heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach them,
the same shall be called Great
in The Kingdom of Heaven.
20. "For I say unto you,

'THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS
OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,
YE SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER
INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.'

21. "Ye have heard that
it was said of them of Old Time,

'THOU SHALT NOT KILL;'

and

'WHOSOEVER SHALL KILL
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:'

22. "But I say unto you,

'THAT WHOSOEVER IS ANGRY
WITH HIS BROTHER
WITHOUT A CAUSE
SHALL BE IN DANGER
OF THE JUDGMENT:'

and whosoever shall say
to his brother, 'Raca,'
shall be in danger of the Council:
but whosoever shall say,

'THOU FOOL,'

shall be in danger of Hell Fire.
23. "Therefore if thou bring thy Gift
to the Altar,
and there rememberest
that thy brother hath
ought against thee;
24. "Leave there thy Gift
before the Altar,
and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy brother,
and then come and offer thy Gift.
25. "Agree with thine Adversary quickly,
whiles thou art in the way with him;
lest at any time the Adversary
deliver thee to the Judge,
and the Judge deliver thee to the Officer,
and thou be cast into Prison.
26. "Verily I say unto thee,

'THOU SHALT BY NO MEANS
COME OUT THENCE,
TILL THOU HAST PAID
THE UTTERMOST FARTHING.' "

What did you do?

1. You parked your car in a Space you did not own, nor did you have permission to use.

2. You attempted legal redress against people acting with church sanction.

3. You did not consult church authorities at any point.

When he asked me my answers were simple, I said "willful damage of my car and aggravated assault on my person". D man immediately recognized that I was a knowledgeable person, he spoke sternly with them and asked them to fix d car

No. He saw that you were an IDIOT.

He instructed his thugs to destroy the evidence- AND YOU LET HIM!

I don't believe that any car owner would call his vehicle " D CAR."

while he took me into a church office room upstairs in my tattered clothes, each time I wanted to speak he just asked me be quiet and they offered me cold water, and all sorts of orange juice and drinks.

At d end of d day they brought three other elders to interview me, when I finished they said d only thing I did wrong was calling d police into a church matter, one of elders a woman said she was a commissioner of police and that there was a woman that owed her money that she met in church that she did not harass her because it was church.

You are in a church for FIVE YEARS, and you do not know that one of your Elders is a COMMISSIONER OF POLICE?

Who was it?

She doesn't have a NAME?

[b]When I asked her what I should have done she said I should have gone to report to their unit head, I said he was there and he was d most abusive, just as if on cue, d Unit head leading a team of ANTI-ROBBERY POLICE, burst in to d office we were having d meeting and pointed me out to d armed police, d leader of d police team now said "u have to follow us to d station" then d lady police commissioner shouted at them that how dare they burst in to d office. D leader of d new police team recognizing a superior officer now saluted and said "madam the parking unit leader came to us to say there wad an ARMED ROBBER making trouble in d church". D lady now told off d unit leader and asked d police to leave that nothing of that sort happened that it was a minor argument over parking, d police team leader called me aside and said I should not take this lightly that if THEY HAD MET ME OUTSIDE THEY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SHOT ME and then later they would say it is "parking argument" he encouraged me to file a petition with d IG, any way d elders team begged and cajoled me with scriptures that I should forget and that it was d devil that wanted to steal my blessings from God.[/b]

This looks like a malicious fabrication to me.

" D " for "THE:" NINETEEN TIMES.

"U" for "YOU."

"WAD" for "WAS."

What school did you go to, that you write like this?

How do you start a criminal matter, and end it in church?

This does not make sense in an African Context.

In Africa, COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING, and people RESPECT Elders, and respect THEIR CHURCH.

There is no way you could have gone to the Police, because your tyres were deflated, without consulting with the Church Officials first.

What is this nonsense about "BLESSINGS FROM GOD?"

It is obvious that you never believed in such things.

. PROVERBS 13:10.

10. Only by Pride cometh Contention:
but with the well advised is Wisdom.

. PROVERBS 15:1.

A SOFT Answer turneth away Wrath:
but grievous words stir up Anger

WHETHER THIS COCK & BULL STORY EVER HAPPENED OR NOT, YOU NEVER HAD ANY "BLESSINGS FROM GOD."

Needless to say d church never offered me any official apology,

WHICH YOU COULD USE TO SUE THEM FOR AN ENORMOUS SUM.

Did you forgive them, or not?

"NOT," of course.

d next service I came to d Pastor was preaching about those people who volunteer to stay in d sun and pass traffic or pass cars while d rest of us are sitting in church comfortably, that they were doing a great job for God and we should not disrespect them or argue with them.

Whom you always had contempt upon, and saw yourself as better than.

That was my last day in d church, I see all these guys so arrogant on d little tasks they volunteered to do in church and see it as another opportunity to I'll treat or oppress their fellow citizens. If truly Winners officials ASSAULTED OGUN STATE GOVT OFFICIALS (a story I would believe because of my experience), d state govt should come against them with d full might of d law, no institution is above d laws of this land and this kind of impunity disguising as "anointing" must stop.

WE LIVE IN A DAY AND AN AGE WHEN A CAR PARKED WITHOUT PERMISSION CAN BE A BOMB, TAKING SCORES OF LIVES.

You believe that people should be allowed to just park their cars anyhow, as if this were 1997, not 2017.

What sort of a message is that?

The bible says that by their fruits we shall know them. If this is the kind of fruit Oyedepo follwers are bearing, what more can i say?

Yes, indeed It does tell us that.

What are you telling us?

That YOU were an OYEDEPO FOLLOWER for FIVE YEARS, and you believed that you had the Right to park your car anywhere you wanted, and to ruin the life of any Church Official who told you otherwise.

. 1st CORINTHIANS 6:4-8.

4. If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life,
set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5. I speak to your shame.
Is it so, that there is not
a Wise man among you?
No, not one that shall be able
to judge between his Brethren?
6. But Brother goeth to Law with Brother,
and that before the Unbelievers.
7. Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you,
because ye go to Law one with another.
Why do ye not rather take wrong?
Why do ye not rather suffer yourselves
to be defrauded?
8. Nay, ye do wrong,
and defraud,
and that your Brethren.

THIS LETTER IS INTERESTING, BECAUSE PAUL WAS A FALSE CHRISTIAN, AND USED THE TRICK OF SOWING ALL THOSE SEEDS THAT WERE LATER SPROUTING, SO THAT HE COULD LOOK LIKE A GREATLY WISE AND SPIRITUAL BROTHER, CRITICIZING THEM FOR FAULTS WHICH HE GAVE THEM!

You FORGOT that your FAKE STORY means that YOU WERE ONE OF OYEDEPO'S DISCIPLES, and were doing EXACTLY AS HE TAUGHT YOU!

After FIVE YEARS in a PENTECOSTAL CHURCH, you STILL did not know RIGHT-FROM-WRONG?

That is BELIEVABLE, because I have SEEN it with my own eyes.

What is the POINT of being in a PENTECOSTAL CHURCH, if YOU YOURSELF do not have THE HOLY GHOST?

The Holy Ghost LEAVES YOU IMMEDIATELY you DEVIATE from THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD by YAHSHUA and MOSES.

. AMOS 3:3.

3. "Can two walk together,
except they be agreed?"

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by donnie(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2017
PastorKun:
As a response to the current news of violence regarding the notorious winner's chapel church currently in the media, a friend of mine decided to share his experience on facebook. With his permission i have decided to reproduce his account here as it corroborates the fact that impunity and violence are characteristic of the church, enjoy the read:

The bible says that by their fruits we shall know them. If this is the kind of fruit Oyedepo follwers are bearing, what more can i say?

What has Oyedepo got to do with it? Any Christian who is not broken or filled with the Spirit can exhibit such behavior. There is need to ensure that the right spiritual, and trained personnel handle such responsibility in church.

I remember several years ago how as an rusher I almost got offender during a Pastor Chris crusade. One dude came with his sick old mum on a wheelchair. He had nothing but hatred, anger and bitterness to give anyone he came across. It's like his mum even forced him to the crusade.

And here am I standing right in front of him (trying to prevent the crowds from pushing forward) as he gave me and the whole CE insult after insult, looking at me up and down as he spoke to my hearing. If not for a more mature usher who noticed what was happening and calmed me down, hmmm... we for pull shirt that night. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Have You Noticed All The Women Accusing Suleiman Are Into Acting/showbiz? / RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.