Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja (28456 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2013
obayaya:

shut up.. you are a Catholic!!! thunder fire that your mouth..

Smh 4 Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊..Change Ɣour mentality..what did he do †̥o you that you are cursin him?..You are entitled †̥o your opinion,,must he reason like you?..

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by JBL316: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Cock+ Bull + Story na wetin?
Or Bull + shit na wetin?
Na d tin wey this story be be dat
Muhehehehehehehehehe...am laffing in tongues.

Poster...go get a life

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mko2005: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2013
JBL316: Cock+ Bull + Story na wetin?
Or Bull + shit na wetin?
Na d tin wey this story be be dat
Muhehehehehehehehehe...am laffing in tongues.

Poster...go get a life
Frosbel and 'pastor'kun will stop at nothing just to discredit the church of Jesus irrespective of the denomination ! They are against the roman catholics,anglican,methodist,presbyterian,Church of Jesus later day saint,redeem,winners,Day star,Trem,Coza,Apostolic and so many others. Now my question to 'pastor'kun and Frosbel are;are you guys Christian ? If yes,do you guys attend any church,fellowship or gathering ? If yes,please let us know so we can join you guys there for peace to reign !

But remember that Paul of Tarsus was persecuting the Church thinking he was working for God until he encountered Christ ! He was lucky for it was just blindness,you never can tell if you guys will be that lucky when God decides to remember ur cases !

Repent Frosbel and Kun !

God help us
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Ndkings1(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2013
SShhhhhh. . . .Don't shout, This is the house of God.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2013
Image123:
pastor, in case you do not know, a christian does not call others nitwits klike you just called gombs and others because they did not agree with you.
nit·wit \ˈnit-ˌwit\

noun : a scatterbrained or stupid person

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You would rather pull stops to clear yourself, but would readily call others unprintable names. We await your defence of your witness against Oyedepo. We need your proof too as to if he said those words that you affirmed that he said.
BTW, your OP remains incomplete and exaggerated.

Sanctimonious hypocrite, I did not call Gombs a nitwit because he did not agree with me, I called him a nitwit because just like you he is a real nitwit. When he made false allegations against me that I made up the story, you were busy applauding him instead of you to point out to him that he should not be an accuser of the brethen. Now the Victim in the story himself has come out to reiterate the story with additional info including names to prove his story was true you are still yarning dust instead of you to ask your fellow nitwit to apologise to me for accusing me wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by drexx(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!
You must be the most myopic being I have ever seen in my 21 year existence on earth. I didn't bother reading that dumb thing you scribbled down but I sense you are trying to justify your Al Bashar mentored Oyedepo. No matter what the guy did, would Jesus Christ justify the manhandling of that guy? I always know that Oyedepo does not imitate Jesus Christ. He is just a wise entrepreneur who has a zeal to make it in life even if it means killing people in the process

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2013
Gombs: ^^
The spirit of God would not want you to spread strife. He doesn't confirm his works through strife either. Your motive however right it seems, think of young believers your story might drive to atheism. Let the love of God constrain you. 2corinth 5v14

I'd advice you to keep praying for the Church of God, n its leaders. If you wanna chaange church, fine...but don't make it a public affair thing. You reverence some people here who know you personally, what of reverencing the Holyspirit who made you?

This is not about spreading strife, why should it even cross my mind after how far I have come?
I care so much about others especial the young converts which is why I have said nothing after all this times, my joy is that the word is preached whichever way and souls are coming to Christ.
Even if at all I am going to share anything, there won't be names n neither will I attack anyone, I will just share truth according to the leading of the spirit. But believe me when I say seeing the next day is a miracle, this should give u a clue into what I am going thru, and keeping quiet about it should also give u a clue to my kind of person.
Stay blessed and remain rapturable

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Image123(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Sanctimonious hypocrite, I did not call Gombs a nitwit because he did not agree with me, I called him a nitwit because just like you he is a real nitwit. When he made false allegations against me that I made up the story, you were busy applauding him instead of you to point out to him that he should not be an accuser of the brethen. Now the Victim in the story himself has come out to reiterate the story with additional info including names to prove his story was true you are still yarning dust instead of you to ask your fellow nitwit to apologise to me for accusing me wrongly.

Unfortunately youre blind to see what the Bible said. Perhaps yu know more than Jesus and you'll give Him this your strong defence. Meanwhile, your OP remains incomplete and exaggerated like i've initially said. Bringing whoever is not the point, he came to corroborate an incomplete and exaggerated story, and to put himself and yourself in more mess before God. You will do well to point out where i accused you wrongly. i'm lso waiting for your proof as to what you said that Oyedepo said about Jonathan and Amosun. satan is a liar, hope you're not.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Tinyemeka(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2013
Gombs:

Looks like some Super Story/ Nollywood act

Like seriously? 12 people beating one man? grin grin
Dats 12 folks without the love of God in their heart, even if one got angry, the other 11 too got angry as well? grin
He was dragged on the floor?? By the 12?? grin are you sure he didn't go there to steal a car?

Aw many pastors are on winners chapel pulpit? Tot tis one pastor on a pulpit at a time? Abi the pulpit na 'hungry man size' type with like 5pastors standing alongside?

If he were a knowledgeable person, he won't go park where he was asked no to park, he won't wanna get mobbed (assuming 12 folks gathered round him with anger grin : your story funny sha), he won't say he wore a 9yr old clothe to church, no matter how special it was to you (9yr old clothes? He must be a frugal fellow grin, him no dey grow fat or slim? grin )

They even gave him cold water and juice sef (which he obviously drank- dat guy was a hungry fellow joor grin n, I'm sure he wanted communion bread too or expected a plate of rice/moi moi grin )...if I were d pastor, I'd get him born again fast

Are you a member of that church?
Your response is no different from the actions of those gangsters.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mko2005: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Frosbel and 'pastor'kun will stop at nothing just to discredit the church of Jesus irrespective of the denomination ! They are against the roman catholics,anglican,methodist,presbyterian,Church of Jesus later day saint,redeem,winners,Day star,Trem,Coza,Apostolic and so many others. Now my question to 'pastor'kun and Frosbel are;are you guys Christian ? If yes,do you guys attend any church,fellowship or gathering ? If yes,please let us know so we can join you guys there for peace to reign !

But remember that Paul of Tarsus was persecuting the Church thinking he was working for God until he encountered Christ ! He was lucky for it was just blindness,you never can tell if you guys will be that lucky when God decides to remember ur cases !

Repent Frosbel and Kun !

God help us
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Tinyemeka(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2013
Reference: Nothing new here. Peter cleaved the ear of one of the soldiers that came to arrest Jesus. Its hard to seperate the the zeal for God and that for the institution of the church with all its traditions, rules and every other thing Christ is supposed to set us free from.

What followed thereafter? What was Christ's response?

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2013
Konmight: I used to attend winners chapel at parakin ile ife in the late 90s, I left the church back to my old school C.A.C when I realised they are scammers. Oledepo is a fraud YES the 1d1ot is not my God. How I wish I was an Assassin, I would have taken it upon myself to gun down these b.astards starting from Oledepo to Adebole(even though he's from my state YES he's a 419) etc. God punish all of them...they are all going down, their days are numbered. Shegey feofle damborouba.

Eyaa..whu did dis †̥o you??..Big Sori 2 u
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2013
D lady now told off d unit leader and asked d police to leave that nothing of that sort happened that it was a minor argument over parking, d police team leader called me aside and said I should not take this lightly that if THEY HAD MET ME OUTSIDE THEY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SHOT ME and then later they would say it is "parking argument" he encouraged me to file a petition with d IG
Jesus christ, and Mr.Police leader and team would have shot him?! Just like that? God.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
shejane: If uar in living faith church nd ur life didt change, den u dot av enough faith 2 connect ursef 2 d blessing, even d new converts ar testifying of God 's blessings in der life nd I am a witness of mine

If God is nt der den pple wil nt b criticizing d church of God, God is der, nd he's been awesome in my life so wondful

I dot kw abt u bt I worship God der nt my pastor nd my God is d God dat confirm d words of his servants

Bishop declared dis year a year of miracle jobs nd I gt mine even wen I didt apply I gt my miracle job nd wen d organisation said lagos is filled up so der ar posting pple down 2d east nd north , all I did was pray nd behold der posted me 2 dat lagos. Am living by d faith nd is working 4 me. God bless u all

Next Levelssssss is a reality..Double Portion!!
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2013
shejane: Living faith church started been in d news since d ingathering started hmmmm, dis shows dat satan is really really angry dat pple ar going back 2 God nd d way 2 destroy it is by using some pple 2 say all bad tins abt d church of God. Hmmm

D church of God must live nd d gate of hell shall nt prevail

Woo unto dose dat allow dersef 2b used against d church of God

As individual hw well av we lived our life? Pastors ar human lyk us all der need 4m us is prayers nt curse if really we ar christians dat wot bible tod us 2 do 2 pray 4 dem.

Pple ar saying end tym end tym nd yet we ar nt organising our life 4 dat end tym so we can b ready 4 it. In heaven ders no church no church

2 whom iav caled, iav choosen nd 2 whom iav choosen iav magnified nd 2 whom iav magnified iav justified says d Lord of Host. God bless u

10000000 likes..Bles Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ too Sis
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by modele2: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2013
A church is made of human beings, naturally sinful. It is just a reminder of the failability of man, i dont think a church and the intentions of its overseer should be thown away becos of a few zealous church members....By the way i am not a member of that church
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by oraclefemi(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2013
Can everybody just shut up pls haba ! For those in support and those against just shut up...lets talk about other important things Abeg!
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by olaoluwaaci: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2013
master dele: Many people are afraid to comment because it is a church matter.

Hides in wardrobe while typing

If you want to do a bad thing in Nigeria and you dont want anybody to condemn you, add religion to it.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by olaoluwaaci: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
kefmawin: I would never subscribe to violence or impunity in the church. But the truth is that this fellow could have sought redress from higher church authority rather than going for the police in a family(church) affairs.

I am not a member of Winners Chapel, but it seems we are full of kill and go choir in Naira land who enjoy cheap criticism.
Some of the security men in churches are even hired. Therefore going to authorities to report such thing raises doubt if such a person knows why is in church. 1Cor. 6:1-6 says it all.

Cheers...

You are right! But for God's sake, how does dt warrant beating a church member to the extent of crying so loud. There is no justification for that. At all.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
Image123:

Unfortunately youre blind to see what the Bible said. Perhaps yu know more than Jesus and you'll give Him this your strong defence. Meanwhile, your OP remains incomplete and exaggerated like i've initially said. Bringing whoever is not the point, he came to corroborate an incomplete and exaggerated story, and to put himself and yourself in more mess before God. You will do well to point out where i accused you wrongly. i'm lso waiting for your proof as to what you said that Oyedepo said about Jonathan and Amosun. satan is a liar, hope you're not.

How do you know the story was exaggerated? Was the account of the traffic officials calling the police to arrest him as an alleged armed robber exaggerated or was it the account of how many slaps and kicks he obtained?

I'm just wondering how you can make such a definitive statement regarding this issue - do you have any information that contradicts the claims made?

Now as for the subject of having a 'forgiving spirit', I don't think having a forgiving spirit involves denying a wrong that has happened, or covering it up, or does it? As I understand it, the author shared his experience in the light of the news of assaults involving this same organisation. Doing so does not amount to being unforgiving does it?

If this latest incident is true (and if the OP's is also true) then clearly there is a wider issue that needs to be highlighted as keeping it 'in house' is not resolving the issue.

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by debosky(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Let's be real here - if (and I repeat if) someone purported to be a church worker can call in the police, accusing a fellow church member of being an armed robber (knowing what the police do to armed robbers) over a parking issue, is apologising the solution? What would prevent this church worker from doing worse in subsequent situations?

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
debosky: Let's be real here - if (and I repeat if) someone purported to be a church worker can call in the police, accusing a fellow church member of being an armed robber (knowing what the police do to armed robbers) over a parking issue, is apologising the solution? What would prevent this church worker from doing worse in subsequent situations?

Thank you Ojare, some people deliberately fail to realise the gravity of what happened and are more interested in covering up the evil actions of the church officials. They even go as far as accusing me of attacking the body of Christ forgetting I only posted facts that happened as reported by the victim himself.

Finally contrary to what some brain dead rodents have been alleging on this thread, exposing wrong doing in a church does not amount to attacking the body of Christ, it is the least we are expected to do as christians.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Joagbaje(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
agyman: I shared this story on my Facebook page,

Why dig a story of six years ago to put on Facebook. After you have been appealed to? Are you glorifying christ? Is this to edification

1 Corinthians 13:5. AMP
. . (Love) takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

You did wrong by the word of God going to police to report issues in the church , you ought to report to leadership if you are a sheep and if you are submitted to authority there.

1 Corinthians 6:1
DOES ANY of you dare, when he has a matter of complaint against another [brother], to go to law before unrighteous men [men neither upright nor right with God, laying it before them] instead of before the saints (the people of God)?

If the church eventually intervened and ended the matter ,why carry it on Facebook? Is this how to honor christ among the heathen? . Coming here to call names only makes the matter worse for you. Why not take the wrong and be blessed . Let the God of heaven honor you.

1 Peter 3:14
But and if ye suffer for righteousness 'sake, happy are ye. . .

There' are fight we can't win ,because of the name of christ.

a friend of mine brought it to my attention today that it is being discussed on this forum. I really do not come here,

Your friend kuns who lured you into this is a known nuisance to the name of christ here.

I find too many unthinking commentators here polluting some of d intelligent discussions so this is not a forum I use

Your friend kuns is number one unthinking commentator . grin

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Pattey(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!

Only one thing made sense in your failed attempt to exonorate the church, it seems you find him guilty because he has been in the church for so long and failed to 'join any of the units'. #sigh. . . I wish u cud hear how that sounds.

Don't their car parks get filled up? Let's even assume the man was guilty, why is the church 'A Church' if the next thing is violence? And right there in front of the church? What would passers-by who were unbelievers think? After witnessing such, Can they ever be convinced again of the sanctity of the church?

I gues I should even pause here since erytin you said is actually random ranting, its pointless enlightening another potential Church thug who sees no big deal in beating up NON-VIP members of the church.

And yh, the church of God can nevr be brought down. If anything, its at risk from your kind who promote 'immorality and rascality' in the name of christ.

Nkan tio da O da! Ko l'oruko meji!!! - What is not Good is simply not Good. . . Let's call a spade a spade. There are several allegations of violence and sundry misconducts in that church yet some brainwashed elements with their brain twitch could 'support' ur ignoble litany.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by debosky(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
@ Joeagbaje

I am a bit concerned at your stance - Jesus was maltreated by the Roman soldiers thousands of years ago. Is that account of wrongdoing hidden from view? Paul was whipped for doing nothing wrong - did he conceal it?

Peter exhibited hypocrisy in the church - was it concealed or shown about to other believers? Do we not learn about that very account today? Can unbelievers not read the same account today?

When Alexander hurt Paul greatly, did he not write to tell Timothy about it - warning him to avoid the man and even saying the Lord will repay him for what he has done? Did Paul conceal it?

So please tell me - where did you get this your own idea of concealing (alleged) wrongdoing simply because it happened in the church?

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mko2005: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pattey:

Only one thing made sense in your failed attempt to exonorate the church, it seems you find him guilty because he has been in the church for so long and failed to 'join any of the units'. #sigh. . . I wish u cud hear how that sounds.

Don't their car parks get filled up? Let's even assume the man was guilty, why is the church 'A Church' if the next thing is violence? And right there in front of the church? What would passers-by who were unbelievers think? After witnessing such, Can they ever be convinced again of the sanctity of the church?

I gues I should even pause here since erytin you said is actually random ranting, its pointless enlightening another potential Church thug who sees no big deal in beating up NON-VIP members of the church.

And yh, the church of God can nevr be brought down. If anything, its at risk from your kind who promote 'immorality and rascality' in the name of christ.

Nkan tio da O da! Ko l'oruko meji!!! - What is not Good is simply not Good. . . Let's call a spade a spade. There are several allegations of violence and sundry misconducts in that church yet some brainwashed elements with their brain twitch could 'support' ur ignoble litany.
See below quote from a NLDER :
''As you can see the world has a morbid hatred for the people of God. The ungodly will always hate the godly while the unrighteous hate the righteous. Cain hated Abel, Ishmael hated Isaac, Esau hate Jacob, Joseph was hated by his brothers, the people of darkness will always hate the children of the light. The serpent is always at enmity with the seed of the woman. This is currently played out on this thread as you can now see.''

God help us all

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mko2005: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
modele2: A church is made of human beings, naturally sinful. It is just a reminder of the failability of man, i dont think a church and the intentions of its overseer should be thown away becos of a few zealous church members....By the way i am not a member of that church
We are all members of the body of Christ irrespective of our denominations ! I don't attend winners Chapel BUT I DON'T HIT AT ANY MAN whether men of God or god of men !

God help us all
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Gombs(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

This is not about spreading strife, why should it even cross my mind after how far I have come?
I care so much about others especial the young converts which is why I have said nothing after all this times, my joy is that the word is preached whichever way and souls are coming to Christ.
Even if at all I am going to share anything, there won't be names n neither will I attack anyone, I will just share truth according to the leading of the spirit. But believe me when I say seeing the next day is a miracle, this should give u a clue into what I am going thru, and keeping quiet about it should also give u a clue to my kind of person.
Stay blessed and remain rapturable

PM me fast

Tnx

Lemme run before Kunle poach me. grin
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Gombs:

PM me fast

Tnx

Lemme run before Kunle poach me. grin
dont receive PM from NL except direct msg to my inbox, dont know what's wrong with the mail maybe when I registered. But the add is on my signature.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by electravio(f): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
this is really bad of a thing to know a church with,they are suppose to be an example to others.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Drahmah: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Maybe this story is real. But even if it were, why did the poster have to mention the name of the church? If its just an honest attempt at correcting religious wrongs, why not leave the name of the church out of it? The title of the post suggests that you're trying to slander and misrepresent the image of winners chapel; It is very judgmental in itself. You say you're a pastor, and one would think you know the bible well enuf. Does the bible not tell us not to judge? Was jesus, the role model of every christian judgmental? I've seen a few of your comments here where you used somewhat abusive language(s), now, that isn't typical of one who claims to be a representative of God...if that post were written by the media, one would understand; perhaps an unbeliever put it up...coming from a "pastor" it makes one wonder if you're any different from the people you preach against.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Image123(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
debosky:

How do you know the story was exaggerated? Was the account of the traffic officials calling the police to arrest him as an alleged armed robber exaggerated or was it the account of how many slaps and kicks he obtained?

I'm just wondering how you can make such a definitive statement regarding this issue - do you have any information that contradicts the claims made?

Debo, let's forget sentiments here and deal with the issue on ground. Note that i did not say that the account did not happen. Neither have i stated that it is right for church to harass anyone or treat anyone that way. My stance is that the OP is incomplete and exaggerated. It is incomplete as the accused is not here to defend itself.
Pro 18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbor cometh and searcheth him.
Pro 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

It would be wrong for me to pass judgement or rebuke on the accused without first hearing from him. Now, the accused is not here, i'd rather not be a busy body in discussing his matter. That is why i initially made a one line remark about kunle and his divisive and seducing nature. But he kunle was asking if that is all i had to say to the matter. And since the accuser and his friend(the OP) are here, i had to at least point them to their own wrongs. If the accused comes and agrees to what he is accused of, he will also hear from us. For now, the report is incomplete.

exaggerate : 1. overstate something: to state that something is better, worse, larger, more common, or more important than is true or usual
2. make more noticeable: to make something appear more noticeable or prominent than is usual or desirable
It is to overstress, embellish, embroider, make a mountain out of a molehill, inflate, lay on, amplify

Below are some of the exaggerated claims from the OP;

-After attending Winners in Abuja for 5 years, my relationship with d Church ended on d day I was severely beaten
Obviously, his relationship did not end that day. He still went back there after etc.

-d overzealous church traffic guys would never tell u where to park
The operative word here being 'NEVER'. i find it hard to believe that the traffic guys will never tell you where to park. Do you believe that? This is enough to confirm that the OP was exaggerated, but i will give more logical instances.

-When I got in, I realized I had left my phone in d car so I went back out to get it, when I came out i discovered someone had willfully damaged my four tyres
They had damaged his four tyres in how many minutes, out of about 12 vehicles?

-he refused and he and his gang were threatening to be violent, i went to make an official report to d Police station nearest to d church.
i find this a very blank statement. threatening to be violent, what does that mean?

-The police man came with me to where d car was and immediately d Church guys asked d culprit to go into church to hide, the police said "oga we no tell u?" and when he could not find d culprit, he left back to his station
Got me scratching my head. The police came with him and IMMEDIATELY the culprit was told to hide, yet the police could not find the culprit. hmmm.

-
I was screaming and shouting so badly that d pastors on d pulpit inside had to send someone to find out what was going on.
Where did this shouting take place? In the church, outside near his car? The pastors on the pulpit(whatever that means) heard him? This story is so not complete.

-d police team leader called me aside and said I should not take this lightly
In the office upstairs or where? After a so called superior officer told him to leave?

Now as for the subject of having a 'forgiving spirit', I don't think having a forgiving spirit involves denying a wrong that has happened, or covering it up, or does it? As I understand it, the author shared his experience in the light of the news of assaults involving this same organisation. Doing so does not amount to being unforgiving does it?

If this latest incident is true (and if the OP's is also true) then clearly there is a wider issue that needs to be highlighted as keeping it 'in house' is not resolving the issue.
oh common debo. Nobody asked him to deny. He went on social media and published this. He did not have to, if he has forgiven the person(s) involved. For God's sake, he kept the shirt for the past nine years! Okay, it is this simple. Agyman agymsbaba, have you forgiven the accused? i hope he answers since he is here. Maybe you can ask him debo, it seems he is not interested in directly replying me so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerians Praying For A Faulty Transformer: Dino Melaye Reacts / RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide / Pastor Oritsejafor Shows His Football Skills At Warri City Stadium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.