Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja (28451 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Image123(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2013
kunleO and his divisive seducing crew.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Image123: kunleO and his divisive seducing crew.

Is that all you have to say you find nothing wrong in church parking attendants beating up one of their own members and even presenting him as an armed robber to the police who could have killed him based lies Oyedepo's thugs told on him. SMH

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Image123: kunleO and his divisive seducing crew.

The sycophant comes in,

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by debosky(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2013
Without knowing the details of this particular story, I do not think people should be surprised to see brutality in every segment of Nigerian society.

It is so prevalent that it appears even churches may not be immune. When every organisation is permitted to be a law unto themselves, this type of abuse is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by DrummaBoy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Somebody sent this link to my blog. I guess the Living Faith church is developing a reputation for brutality these days. Here they are rerported brutalizing officials of Ogun State Govt. http:///McSk92oLxI
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
frosbel: These are not churches , in fact 99% of them are business centres.

Can't agree with u more bro
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And it's for reasons like this that me and some other christian brethen come out to expose these charlatans parading themselves as christian leaders. What they are practising is clearly not christianity. They are just using the name of christ to gain credibility so they can pursue their greed motivated selfish agenda.

Right on bro, very soon I will share my story on NL. My life is constantly being threatened for this, seeing another day is always a miracle!

4 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pastor Kun: Words of a supposed man of God that is expected to follow in the foot steps of Christ:

"if i had my gun with me, i'd have gunned all of you down" who is Amosun? I will curse his government" "president Jonathan can not close that gate" Bishop Oyedepo

Really, he actually said that?
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Right on bro, very soon I will share my story on NL. My life is constantly being threatened for this, seeing another day is always a miracle!

Would look forward to reading your story.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Really, he actually said that?

Yes it's a eye witness account of what Oyedepo said when his thugs attacked the Ogun state govt officials.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2013
debosky: Without knowing the details of this particular story, I do not think people should be surprised to see brutality in every segment of Nigerian society.

It is so prevalent that it appears even churches may not be immune. When every organisation is permitted to be a law unto themselves, this type of abuse is inevitable.

Is it too much to expect higher standards from churches After all christians are supposed to be the salt of the earth.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Joagbaje(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2013
@Kuns, he is your friend,no wonder he just behaved like you cool

Why would your friend bring police to his church. Couldn't he report to church authority ? . I don't support the beating. I don't conclude with a. One sided story.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Gombs(m): 8:06am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it's a eye witness account of what Oyedepo said when his thugs attacked the Ogun state govt officials.

You also peddle in hear-say/rumours too? All in a lame attempt to polish your 'points'?

If the 'eye witness' said something in conformity with Oyedepo, you will not believe it nor proliferate it grin

@OP I didn't see a facebook link hence it's another make up story, if he gave you permission to spread the news, n wants d whole world to knw his plight, the link shd be provided for the whole world to see. Afterall, dat Coza lady gave her facebook, twitter, blog etc sef

And you just posting pro-Pastor Kun ideology is way beyond desperation.

And one of my mentors late Idahosa (who brought up oyedepo) had much fury than the Gun thing you spoke abt Oyedepo (assuming it is true), are you saying Papa Idahosa was fake or evil?

Why do you hate Churches dat don't agree with your ideology of what your christianity shd be like? grin This story is one sided, I didn't read the whole due to the matured bias I spotted on each sentence. The thing remains that Winner's Chapel has their own view of things, 'your friend' has his...why not wait for Winner's Chapel's version of the scenario b4 you spew your venom? angry
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Gombs(m): 8:34am On Sep 10, 2013

I was beaten thoroughly by
about 12 people, my clothes torn and i was dragged
on d floor
for having d audacity to bring law
enforcement to Church, I was screaming and shouting so badly that d pastors on d pulpit inside had to send someone to find out what was going on. They sent a man I later identified as "Elder Gboje" who was d
first person to ask "what is going on here?". D church
guys were like "we told him not to park he parked, so
we deflated his tyre and he went to call police".
When he asked me my answers were simple, I said
"willful damage of my car and aggravated assault on
my person". D man immediately recognized that I was a knowledgeable person, he spoke sternly with them
and asked them to fix d car while he took me into a
church office room upstairs in my tattered clothes,
each time I wanted to speak he just asked me be
quiet and they offered me cold water, and all sorts
of orange juice and drinks.

Looks like some Super Story/ Nollywood act

Like seriously? 12 people beating one man? grin grin
Dats 12 folks without the love of God in their heart, even if one got angry, the other 11 too got angry as well? grin
He was dragged on the floor?? By the 12?? grin are you sure he didn't go there to steal a car?

Aw many pastors are on winners chapel pulpit? Tot tis one pastor on a pulpit at a time? Abi the pulpit na 'hungry man size' type with like 5pastors standing alongside?

If he were a knowledgeable person, he won't go park where he was asked no to park, he won't wanna get mobbed (assuming 12 folks gathered round him with anger grin : your story funny sha), he won't say he wore a 9yr old clothe to church, no matter how special it was to you (9yr old clothes? He must be a frugal fellow grin, him no dey grow fat or slim? grin )

They even gave him cold water and juice sef (which he obviously drank- dat guy was a hungry fellow joor grin n, I'm sure he wanted communion bread too or expected a plate of rice/moi moi grin )...if I were d pastor, I'd get him born again fast

3 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorOluT(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Would look forward to reading your story.

Would do in due time, just waiting for the leading of the spirit 'cos its so complicated n dont want to mention names. Also some people know me personally here which will make me not to want to mention somethings. But with time according to the leading of spirit I will
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Gombs(m): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2013
^^
The spirit of God would not want you to spread strife. He doesn't confirm his works through strife either. Your motive however right it seems, think of young believers your story might drive to atheism. Let the love of God constrain you. 2corinth 5v14

I'd advice you to keep praying for the Church of God, n its leaders. If you wanna chaange church, fine...but don't make it a public affair thing. You reverence some people here who know you personally, what of reverencing the Holyspirit who made you?

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorKun(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Would do in due time, just waiting for the leading of the spirit 'cos its so complicated n dont want to mention names. Also some people know me personally here which will make me not to want to mention somethings. But with time according to the leading of spirit I will

Ok and God bless.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Image123(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Rather, you should say "It's my false witness account of what Oyedepo said".

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Image123(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Is that all you have to say you find nothing wrong in church parking attendants beating up one of their own members and even presenting him as an armed robber to the police who could have killed him based lies Oyedepo's thugs told on him. SMH

i'm not a busy body with something to always say, especially against the body of Christ. A David after God's heart who had being annointed and Saul rejected had nothing to say even against King Saul, how much more me, that i'm in the New Covenant era, having the whole Bible at my disposal in different versions, having Holy Ghost and the name of Jesus and grace and truth which came by Jesus. Gombs for instance has shown some of the inconsistencies in your fable. i call it a fable because it is incomplete and exaggerated. There was nothing to enjoy in the read though you told us to enjoy it. i guess those are the kinds of report that give you and your handlers joy. Your friend's elders begged him, gave him cold water and juice, exhorted him with many scriptures. Yet, he is asking for a formal apology from God know who, and whatever that means. He still has this grudge and bitterness in himself for up to nine years! Evidently, your friend needs more help than the folks he is reporting on facebook, nl and wherever else.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by dare2think: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje: @Kuns, he is your friend,no wonder he just behaved like you cool

Why would your friend bring police to his church. Couldn't he report to church authority ? . I don't support the beating. I don't conclude with a. One sided story.

Your time will come.

The time when the very men you base your entirety and existence upon will disappoint you when you least expect it.

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
That guy na BOKO HARAM member. Winners church wey i dey go every sunday at SANGO OTA no dey misbehave like dat. That guy carry BOMB inside his car, God almighty just use dat usher guy save thousand people. Glory be 2 God almighty.
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Osama10(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Their followers are blinded without hope of redemption.

They are all money making ventures.

4 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2013

My though exactly
they're protecting their empires
smh embarassed
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Image123:

i'm not a busy body with something to always say, especially against the body of Christ. A David after God's heart who had being annointed and Saul rejected had nothing to say even against King Saul, how much more me, that i'm in the New Covenant era, having the whole Bible at my disposal in different versions, having Holy Ghost and the name of Jesus and grace and truth which came by Jesus. Gombs for instance has shown some of the inconsistencies in your fable. i call it a fable because it is incomplete and exaggerated. There was nothing to enjoy in the read though you told us to enjoy it. i guess those are the kinds of report that give you and your handlers joy. Your friend's elders begged him, gave him cold water and juice, exhorted him with many scriptures. Yet, he is asking for a formal apology from God know who, and whatever that means. He still has this grudge and bitterness in himself for up to nine years! Evidently, your friend needs more help than the folks he is reporting on facebook, nl and wherever else.

Hey bro there is nothing holy about ghost, ok?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Aromas: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!

We you shot'up ur sticking dirty mouth, whom r u goin 2 defend early if nt ur church, can't u calm down n read d story well b4 commenting on it?
"(11) Think with your mind not with the head"
Did u think wt ur head as well?

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Gombs(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kingscee: That guy na BOKO HARAM member. Winners church wey i dey go every sunday at SANGO OTA no dey misbehave like dat. That guy carry BOMB inside his car, God almighty just use dat usher guy save thousand people. Glory be 2 God almighty.
grin grin
Abi o
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by viktuur(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
Funny people,peter was always carrying a sword while walking with Jesus,does that make him fake,NO just overzealous,he even cut off someones EAR!!! JESUS handled the situation,he was never 'dismembered'.We shouldnt because of someone castigate the lot.how many of us because our blood brother fought outside will tell your parents you are no longer a member of the family.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by gab150: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2013

bros i totally agree wit dem b biz centres yeye ppl
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by mikydion: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
May be they thought you were a boko haram guy. Better still you would have been patient with them,till you get a good parking space [color=#000099][/color]
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Anthony20: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
My Friends and brothers Please Read Matthew 23 VS 1-23. These modern day "Pastors" are Politicians.They move with bodyguards and ride on JETs. Read your Bible. Where and HOW did JESUS CHRIST spend his life. Did he ride on Charots, Camel, Horse,? What about house? Did he built a house for himself? He get BODY Gard? I petty those that are donating monies in the NAME of TITHE to make these MEN BILLIONAIRES. Is tithe a commandment of GOD? Jesus said he will DENY many fake Prophets because the are workers of INIQUITY.

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by Boss13: 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2013

Na now you dey know?
Re: How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja by PastorAji(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Next IG: @Op, I am not going to exonorate the church from some unwanted happenings within her, but this your story lacks substance. Why did I said so?
(1) Every Winners Chapel has a designated parking lot either within the Church premises or outside the gate but, it is either fenced or well protected.
(2) Your friend made the mistake of parking near the church (outside) when he has been severally warned not to. That shows a sign of disobedience to the church leadership.
(3) Your friend lied by saying that the traffic officials will asked him not park at a particular point without showing him where to park.
(4) If your friend had been a true member of the Winners Chapel for Five years, he should by now knows where Church members, Church officials and Pastors do park their vehicles. Because each have their parking lot. Even the for the Church members, where the first service attendees will park is different from the second service.
(5) With the security situation everywhere, why must you park your car anyhow or somewhere near the church without letting the officials?
(6) If truly he has been a true member, he should know that even if the head of the unit is against him, he should have gone into the church and report him to any other Unit Head, Deacon/Deaconness, Elder(s), or any Pastor and his case would have been attended to immediately without bias. Because the leadership of the church won't take their action lightly if at all, it is true.
(7) For the number of years he has been in the Church he is still not a member of any unit group? That cast a doubt on his true membership in that Church. Because if he belongs to any unit, he would have reported the matter to his own unit head.
(cool The Bible said, if you had a grudge against your fellow brother (Christian), never you take the matter to the judge outside, rather, present it to the elders (pastors) in the church for an amicable solution, we shouldn't allowed unbelievers to settle our matters.
(9) How will you feel when you caned your child and he immediately went outside to call your neighbour when he hasn't reported it to his mother?
(10) Your friend said the head of the Police Anti Robbery Team called him aside and told him to take up the matter. Haba! When a Senior (woman) Police Officer is around and had shouted at him, he still had the audacity to call your friend aside for at least 3minutes advice? Hmmmm!
(11) Think with your mind not with the head. I know there is an onslaught of evil allegations against the Body of Christ the world over, but, the good news is, They Shall Not Prevail. The Church will Keep Marching on until the day of resurrection.
(12) Shalom! Jesus is Lord!!

Well said sir....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide / Pastor Oritsejafor Shows His Football Skills At Warri City Stadium (Photos) / Testimony From India: Delivered From Porn, Long Term Sexual Addiction In 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.