Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,901 members, 7,824,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units (14805 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Buhari Wins Borno To Consolidate Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Itoroetti(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2013
[quote author=T-smooth]In the whole of Niger-Delta region I dont think there are up to 20 mosques there. Bt in North there are more churches than even the Christains themselves,

I'm not suprise with this sort of statement.descendant of inyass

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Kingspin(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew: I hope he compensates the churches.....

cool
So the whole of Borno that have one of the largest land mass in Nigeria dnt have a single space again except Church buildings, the minority Christians that operate almost side by side in the North esp. Middle Belt area but wouldnt still allow them to sleep, they are been killed daily. Even point guns at people to accept Islam.God punish satan. I repeat these boys need education more than you.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Arysexy(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2013
nagoma: The irresponsible alarmists and haters of peace have started again.
Can you answer these questions please before we continue:

1. These farmlands being acquired by the government , do they have any other structures belonging to other people or is it only churches that are targeted?

2. Do the churches have legal cerrtificates of occupancy for these lands; is compensation being discussed?

3. After you have answered these questions we can discuss how much land is reserved for mosques in Imo, Abia and Anambra states.

Mumu, keep waiting for govt to reserve u land. D churches bought d land from indigenes even in east churches buy land.

U ppl are just waiting ur tym cos u can't stop evangelism, not even boko bombs wuld.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by ProfGday(m): 10:22am On Sep 09, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
Im sure 90% of people here wont read the real cause before spewing rubbish and attacking islam...., Bornu is different from OGUN where Oledepo supervised beating of Govt Official, They need to act fast before these merchants of Gospel encroach their land....

Be and lets others be...thats all

Feel free to attack me tongue
Give me that weed that u are smoking....thank u good boy,oya go and sin no more.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by eameh30: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2013
T-smooth:
In the whole of Niger-Delta region I dont think there are up to 20 mosques there. Bt in North there are more churches than even the Christains themselves, but that is not a justification to demolishh churches in Maiduguri or North. The government said it want to use the land to construct houses for its citizens, I dnt think the church shld hv prblm with that. Bt the state shld compensate them and relocate to another place.
I can see d fo.ol in U

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by bennychuks: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2013
I am not supprised at all that the Boronu Govt is planing to demolish churches.
We know that the Boronu state governor is purely Boko Haram member. He should be
Reminded that whatever a man sow that he shall reap. The BH people should think of the negative effect it cause in this country.
Do they think we don't have Mosque in the East?. I saw Nigeria disintegrate. Let the north fastrack it. We shall see the end of it

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2013
shidof: at last, u've total gone mad. ...BASCARD This is what you got when your government destroy schools!
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by iSpeaknaija: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
End time tinz!!
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2013
shidof: at last, u've totally gone mad. BASCARD...
This is what you get when your government destroy school!

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by idriis: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2013
Dat is a very welcome development! It should be all over the country, if we allow this people to dey build churches anyhow one day person no go even see where to build house again oh! Abeg send dem tractors immediately!

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by sholaywithall: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2013
God is watching!!
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2013
*idriis*:
Dat is a very welcome development! It should be all over the country, if we allow this people to dey build churches anyhow one day person no go even see where to build house again oh! Abeg send dem tractors immediately!
stop bending over and shaking your azz in the air u terrorist...it is awful

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by InHim4Him(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2013
T-smooth:
In the whole of Niger-Delta region I dont think there are up to 20 mosques there. Bt in North there are more churches than even the Christains themselves, but that is not a justification to demolishh churches in Maiduguri or North. The government said it want to use the land to construct houses for its citizens, I dnt think the church shld hv prblm with that. Bt the state shld compensate them and relocate to another place.
You know that thing runs in your family. Why comment before you understand what is at stake? May be you think you are too young to be admitted to yaba west.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Kingspin(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2013
*idriis*:
You need to couple your brain. If you guys have a better plan bring it out. We know all your propagandas world over. Any place these guys have majority in the world that country hardly progress except those countries that bushed their citizen with education..Go education.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by deeptesting(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2013
In as much as the Govs. Intention is to build housing unit for the people, he should proceed and demolish the churches..Of what economic importance is the church? Between farmers,mosques and residential buildings are also affected, so why are the churches trying to give the governor a bad name?

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Shine1177: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2013
Dominiquez: I for one know that APC has nothing good for Nigerians.
They just legalized abortion in Imo
Now they are demolishing churchs and school.

N/B Bokoharam means Western education is evil.

Let's wait for more from APC

This is what APC stand for!

Imo State Legalize abortion by "error". shocked

Borno State to demolish Churches and 20 schools for 'suppose 1000 unit estate' that will eventually not see the light of the day.

APC keep it coming. E ma ba eru yin n'ibode.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2013
Iykopee: This is what u get when u share the same country with religion extremists and ragtags.

fvck them all islamists
it is the only decision left for the government, people are been killed, properties are been destroyed, even if Borno state get the nations budget, the state cannot recover what it lost... Yet President Goodluck Jonathan haven't do anything, indeed how many times did he visit the state since he assumed office after the death of late president Umar Musa Yar'adu? In fact, Goodluck Jonathan only visit Bauchi once(that was for campaign), and since he went back has never visit the state, even the V.p sambo on visit Bauchi twice(that was only for campaign and for his personal things) and yet you have the mouth to say "islamist", Nigeria has never experienced a worse president as Goodluck Jonathan, had if been what is happening in the North is also happening in the south and west, he would have find a way to tackle it, you are talking without any knowledge on the difference between politics and religion.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by idriis: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2013
What about the other gay churches around? They should be brought down too! Most of these churches have skeleton in their cupboard! After na we go heeya say one pastor don...lipsrsealedtongue make I no let the cat out!

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by sadi78: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2013
Ogbonaikenna:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/21166-tension-in-maiduguri-as-govt-moves-to-demolish-20-churches,-schools.html
imaging 20 churches in just only 1 street ! In Borno?? I can't stop wondering! How many mosque are there in the whole of Ebonyi, Akwa ibom, Delta,Anambra,Cross rivees?

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Isiterere(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2013
toothpaste: What and where is the building plan of the affected area? Am almost sure these church buildings have been rushed to begin yielding returns I.e. tite

That said, mosques should also not constitute a nuisance so I urge the FCT to visit Abuja mosque and stop the Muslims from roaming about like rats every Friday.

Think before you comment next time.

If the state government is hell-bent on going on with the demolition, proper relocation and compensation should be given to those affected.

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Starlly(f): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2013
please when commenting, try not to be tribalistic. If you have to, do it in a polite manner. First the Governor does'nt give certificate of occupancy, wants to demolish an already developed region, for who to live in? The citizen that live in fear, with one eye open when going to bed? Or the churches? What about the schools You are definately mis using your right. Who are you for? Nigeria or bokoharam sector... More over who are you decieving me or yourself? THINK!!! Well are these are signs of end time so beware and be ready... Since BH IS AFTER WESTERN EDUCATION, THEN SURE THE GOVERNMENT IS ONE OF THEM! Lol..

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Adesplendid(m): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2013
[i][/i] Thanks to all that supported the Muslims, Prophet Mohammed (SAW) once said , " If two people are fighting with sword they will both be casted into the fire, because they both have the intention of hurting thereselves". If u thick u can bounce back on the muslims for the action of terrorist.. u're just like one of them. Let we Muslim and Christians join hands together to distroy Boko ha' in Nigeria.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by olaheavy: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2013
The way and manner churches are being scattered all over Nigeria is mind boggling and reprehensible! How many churches are there in America, Canada, United Kingdom or any other nations that are developed and organized? Go to Lagos and Ibadan everywhere is full of churches of all kinds, yet Nigeria has nothing to show for all this illogical proliferation of churches; empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Pokerface1(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2013
undecided you can imagine, so U̶̲̅ mean to tell us that despite the whole land space in Bourno,its only where the churches are located they want to use....if its so,then let's change Borno state to Boko state an̶̲̅d̶̲̅ the capital should be haram......islam Ȋ̝̊̅§ war,sorry to say ...smh...
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by badmeat(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2013
Geniusvic: Why are my not surprised?! undecided
why am I not surprised!*no pun intended
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Bensonn: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2013
Arysexy:

Mumu, keep waiting for govt to reserve u land. D churches bought d land from indigenes even in east churches buy land.

U ppl are just waiting ur tym cos u can't stop evangelism, not even boko bombs wuld.

you calling someone a 'mumu' clearly shows that the evengelism need to start from you, Jesus condenmed those calling ppl ''fools''. Do not be a kettle calling someone else pot.

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by badmeat(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2013
Hilarious!Republic of Arewastan
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by collynzo2(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2013
If they really intent to build housing units, then I don't mind. But, why demolish schools also?
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by hod898(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
Im sure 90% of people here wont read the real cause before spewing rubbish and attacking islam...., Bornu is different from OGUN where Oledepo supervised beating of Govt Official, They need to act fast before these merchants of Gospel encroach their land....

Be and lets others be...thats all

Feel free to attack me tongue
You sound like you want Nigerïa to be divided. Did beating of govt officials affect a single muslim? A single mosque? A single school? You guys are one hell of a people!
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Lateef9961(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=30pt]Is the Governor a member of Boko Haram?[/size]
jamb qestn 1994
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Starlly(f): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2013
bad meat: Hilarious!Republic of Arewastan
you are indeed a bad meat lol... Carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anxiety As Court Rules On El-zakzaky’s Bail Monday. / Insecurity Getting Worse, Says Sultan / Abuja EndSARS Panel Orders Nigerian Police To Produce Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.