Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units (14803 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Buhari Wins Borno To Consolidate Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by meforyou1(m): 11:42am On Sep 09, 2013
T-smooth:
In the whole of Niger-Delta region I dont think there are up to 20 mosques there. Bt in North there are more churches than even the Christains themselves, but that is not a justification to demolish churches in Maiduguri or North. The government said it want to use the land to construct houses for its citizens, I dnt think the church shld hv prblm with that. Bt the state should compensate them and relocate to another place.
Are u comparing the number of muslims that are in niger delta with the number of christians (even indigenous christains) that are in the north? the whole of kaduna south is christian owned, so are plateau and taraba states. in niger, you have about 40-50% indigenous christians, gombe has 50% indigenous christians, borno state has 30-40% indigenous christians. and u are comparing this with less than 1% indigenous muslims in SS? or about 0% indigenous muslims in the SE?

3 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by naptu2: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2013
1) The government has the power to acquire the land under the Land Use Act.

2) The government is required to pay compensation to the owners of the property (most likely the reason why it's being valued).

3) The article was written in an inflammatory and sensationalist tone in order to get more readers.

4) Borno State is not the first state to demolish mosques and churches in the interest of the public.

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest.
https://www.nairaland.com/1002371/plan-demolish-mosque-onitsha-muslims

Lagos Demolishes Three Mosques, Relocates Churches.
https://www.nairaland.com/887421/lagos-demolishes-three-mosques-relocates

4 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by LeStylo: 11:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Desric: I know so many gullible minds including the OP are the cause of our problems here in this country, they Religionalise every single issue, claiming to be saints while they are the real DEVIL... Anyone who lies or doesn't like peace is himself a DEVIL and that's what this thread is for, to cause rancour, confusion and sow a precious seed of discord. Otherwise, from what was said about the Government plan, what evil or mischief is there to achieve? And when has it become a crime to demolish buildings or properties with mutual agreement with the owners for the development of a state? Besides because of the myopic points the op is out to score, he didn't also let the public know that some of the properties in that same area belongs to muslims as well.
May God help us.
Ah! Finally! Someone with his head on!
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by PStacks(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2013
This is serious mehn!

Nawa oooo!

Welsome to "Islamic Peoples Republic of Nigeria"

Governor Adams Oshiomohle says I should not Give up on this same Nigeria that has given up on me and my Fate! This is a big Joke.

Islamic Peoples Republic of Nigeria..

Wahala dey ooo...
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by tintingz(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2013
princesammmy:

please who is Oledepo? if i say islam is related to illitracy now d mod will ban me
he's talking of the fraud and the witch slapper that owns a private jet pastor bishop oyedapo grin

1 Like

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by PedroAmada(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
What is d motive behind this? Don't you think the christians over there have had enough persecution already from boko haram? Or has the govt received conditions & ultimatum from boko haram? Is there no more land in Borno? one among the 4 largest states in nigeria? This is preposterous &
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by tintingz(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
me_for_you: Are u comparing the number of muslims that are in niger delta with the number of christians (even indigenous christains) that are in the north? the whole of kaduna south is christian owned, so are plateau and taraba states. in niger, you have about 40-50% indigenous christians, gombe has 50% indigenous christians, borno state has 30-40% indigenous christians. and u are comparing this with less than 1% indigenous muslims in SS? or about 0% indigenous muslims in the SE?
Lies!

The Igbos and SS have dominated the north finish they abandon their village grin...no wonder Boko haram wants to flush them out but still they don't wanna leave the north with the killings flowing there.

May God help us.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by meforyou1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
It's only who doesnt know these wicked politicians will think the governor means good. i mean how in this heat of 2015 politicking when newspapers say that state governors have practically relocated to abuja, that this boko governor say he wants to demolish churches and houses and build 100 houses and you believe him.
this man will just demolish the houses and schools. and will not harm a single mosque.
and abandon the project.
because this man cannot even be able to build a 2-bedroom bungalow between now and when he gets the hell out in 2015.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Skynet247(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
m in kaduna' am just wondering kaduna governor, should say he want to distroy just one church 4 kaduna... See watin go 4ulow,,,haha, ,..
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Pattey(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness: Imagine converting all churches to homes where homeless people can lay their heads. That would be a positive development. Churches are really unnecessary to our society.

I completely agree with you on that, but, what of the schools that will also fall casualty?

I actually wouldn't have any problem if it was jus going to be the churches. . . So long as the government showed sincerity of purpose.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by christiscomin: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Many of us just mix issues, what has this got to do with APC. It not about islamising, we all witnessed the demolition of mosques by Lagos state governments too, my brothers don't let us be too sentimental. Public interests take priority over personal ones.
Dominiquez: I for one know that APC has nothing good for Nigerians.
They just legalized abortion in Imo
Now they are demolishing churchs and school.

N/B Bokoharam means Western education is evil.

Let's wait for more from APC
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Okeikpu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
prem love: If i say islamic is a religiou of trouble the moderator will ban me
grin grin grin
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by francisbiz: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
If Lagos state governor can wake up one day and start DEPORTING NIGERIANS from Lagos state what stops Bornu state governor from demolishing CHURCHES. ouch! they are both muslims!

Christian governors are busy stealing money and joining APC instead of retaliating.
ABEG ANYTHING WEY MUSLIMS LIKE MAKE THEM USE US DO.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Okeikpu(m): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=30pt]Is the Governor a member of Boko Haram?[/size]
member confirmed sad am 100% sure of that.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nicepoker(m): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
princesammmy:

please who is Oledepo? if i say islam is related to illitracy now d mod will ban me
guy people who spend 99.9% of their lives going round wit cows. Wil always think lyk cows. Thats Islam 4 u
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by nuelkaosi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mobsync:

Your use of English is very poor.
yea but his message was passed and understood.

2 Likes

Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Salym(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sterling Towers: What other public interest should override that of schools. These hausas and their Logic. The churches should take em to the court , I know they will lose at the court of first instance but not at the supreme court and for my igbos brothers this is what I mean when I say only the indigenes which include the governor of a state are actually the owners of the lands to wit Lagos State. Gerrit now.
so maiduguri people are hausas? Do they teach social studies in d south? If they do i dont think u will posting foolish statement calling maiduguri people hausas...d op did not give any source where he got d news...how can we be sure he is telling the truth? Am sure this is a move by xtians to black paint d guvnor...its ridiculous...no any sane man will believe d op that its only churches n schools are targeted...d op shud giv us his source if hez no lying..
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Vicksal: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
This is a barbaric act,y only churches and no single mosque.God will surely intervene
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by IboBoyNuel(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
prem love: If i say islamic is a religiou of trouble the moderator will ban me

u hv said already

oya mod do you job
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by stecman: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
na waooooo
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ace Ventura:

Building homes for the homeless is a welcome development. Is that the only land available in Bornu State? The governor doesn't have to create an anti christian impression while doing it. Let him look for a neutral land to acquire.

As for you (Ifeness), I pity your condition. God help you.

I pity your condition too brother. You have been brainwashed in many ways. Tithe,worshiping of a jesus created in 343AD by the racist council of Nicea,you give all your hard earned money to the church without receiving anything in return..... I could go on and on. Converting the foreign,money grabbing gambling building to homes will benefit the citizens of that state.

Now tell me what made you pity my condition?
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by moscobabs(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nicepoker: this !diot is locally fabricated
I can see the foolishness in your lineage...mugun
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by iHustle(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
me_for_you: Are u comparing the number of muslims that are in niger delta with the number of christians (even indigenous christains) that are in the north? the whole of kaduna south is christian owned, so are plateau and taraba states. in niger, you have about 40-50% indigenous christians, gombe has 50% indigenous christians, borno state has 30-40% indigenous christians. and u are comparing this with less than 1% indigenous muslims in SS? or about 0% indigenous muslims in the SE?

Don't waste your time with simpletons.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by maasoap(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Abimloaded:
One of the Callow i'm talking of on Nairaland
Go home and rest. You've stressed yourself enough, good boy.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by studM(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
Im sure 90% of people here wont read the real cause before spewing rubbish and attacking islam...., Bornu is different from OGUN where Oledepo supervised beating of Govt Official, They need to act fast before these merchants of Gospel encroach their land....

Be and lets others be...thats all

Feel free to attack me tongue

Ur def a disgusted fool 4 making such a disgusting comnt
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by gidjah(m): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
FunnyPikin.com:
Im sure 90% of people here wont read the real cause before spewing rubbish and attacking islam...., Bornu is different from OGUN where Oledepo supervised beating of Govt Official, They need to act fast before these merchants of Gospel encroach their land....

Be and lets others be...thats all

Feel free to attack me tongue
demons lik u shouldn't be residing amongst normal pple.gd aim by d govt of d states, bt must it b in already dev areas where we even hv schools? ?pls stop reasoning lik a funny retarded pesn(just lik ur name)&tink pretty well.wt has Oyedepo got to do wit ds issue pikin??pls lets face d fact n beat d right gong.am sure u r greaving ova d facts dat churches r spreading alm ova nig, n they r winnin, ur types will eva remain PIKINS COS PIKINS R ALWAYS NEGATIVELY REASONABLE & BLINDED BY EVIL SENTIMENTS. D CONSTRUCTION CAN B DONE A BIT SITED FRM D DEV AREAS PLS
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by ThankGodEdeh(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
It is now official. The governor have just confirmed it. It is either he is a member of Boko Haram or among the sponsor. He is simply upholding their motive. They av sent a good number of christians packing and now, demolishing CHURCHES and SCHOOLS is their next agenda.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by addicted268(f): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
buoye1: That ll not stop Christ frm ruling over all.

I'm very sorry for your loss.may she RIP.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by ganye1: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
sadi78: imaging 20 churches in just only 1 street ! In Borno?? I can't stop wondering! How many mosque are there in the whole of Ebonyi, Akwa ibom, Delta,Anambra,Cross rivees?
Do you believe that there are 20 churches on that street? It is the usual propaganda.
Re: Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units by Richy4(m): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
I know that Borno has a massive land. why not develop those area. schools should be a welcome development in that state. why would a reasonable person demolish a school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Okorocha Is Free To Leave APC - Osita Okechukwu, VON DG / Apapa Congestion: Ambode Flags Off Expansion Of ABAT Truck Terminal In Orile / No Time Limit For Reporting Rape Cases, Says Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.