Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:14 AM

Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? (10531 Views)

Has A Beggar Ever Scammed You? Share Your Experiences / Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by phtemie(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Feel guilty?.no.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by mumumugu(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
I stopped giving road side beggers money. I tell them to go find work. Lets not encourage laziness. There is ability in disability.

I simply make my donation in charity homes

3 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by tjskii(f): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
For wia,wen I don watch yoruba film tire,make I giv beggar money for day come dissapear for night,tufiaaaa cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sometimes sha, 'sha o' the sha dey in quote o.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by annexes: 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
mactoni91: POLITICAL MATHSsadMTH419)
Show your workings:
If APGA + CPC + ANPP + ACN = APC and EFCC+ICPC + GEJ+ JEGA = PDP,
(a) Using Pythagoras theorem prove that: PDP = APC.
(ii) Using Almighty Formula where JEGA is constant what is the value of PDP?
(b) If Tinubu/Buhari/Okorocha varies, what is
the coefficient of APC.
(c) If PDP is constant, what is the cube root of rigging
coefficient?
Take pi=3.14
Guy u nid to beg for brain, walahi.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by akpur1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sometimes
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Makapounse(m): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
I was given aduau (prayer) to do overnight, i was also told my suppose beggar , whom i should give arm to, will appear to me in dream.
In my dream i saw "yeye osun" . When i got to my working place, i was discussing with a friend of mine , when "yeye osun " came as a beggar, stay in my front and ask me directly, but i busy with my discussion (b4, i don't normally give them arms). After some hours i was regret , why don't i give arms to the right person i saw in my dream for my prayer to be Answered
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Promisejoseph(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
yes
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
First of all, there are 2 different kinds of beggers. The lazy one and the physically handicapped.

Before I part with my money, I always make sure that it's not to the lazy ones, but I don't always give to the handicapped, especially when I'm not in possession of loose change.

And when I don't give, I feel no guilt whatsoever.

Why should I?
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Natureboyfk: Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?
I wonder.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by tellwisdom: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
No..They will use my money for juju sad
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by omartins(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
NOOOOOOO
Since I learnt some rich & wealth men and women come around to round up the day collection and gave them #10,000 each.
Love to give to prisoners, motherless baby home and those on sick bed through Legion of Mary and JCI.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Hopez456(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
I give to the handicapped if I have enough on me because they ought to be taken up by the Government and made useful to themselves and the society. But for an able bodied beggar, I give only if. S/he appeal to my heart.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by lasunkkyz: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
i dont coz most of them come to me when am collecting change from okada man or sees money in my hand.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by UjSizzle(f): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
I used to, but lately i've discovered i don't anymore and somehow i feel like i've lost my humanity sad
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by JayCee2010: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
some times, i do feel guilty, especially when the person is truly disabled (amputee, blind,etc). but there's too much evil in Nigeria.

We've all heard the one where 'beggars' get charms/juju to bewitch those that give them alms and 'suck' their success.
i know it sounds like a bad nollywood movie but one can never really know.

On the few occasions i give (especially to those arab children that will follow you and hold unto you till you either vex or drop cash), i know that as a child of God, doing something good from the heart, no evil plan can work against me.

When i choose not to give, i just politely raise my hand to gesture "not today".

There's really no need to yell or insult them.

it's your money and you can choose to do as you please, but attitude means a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by roxell120(m): 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
I feel so but not wen I figure out an hausa face among them.their natural profession.a man with his entire family can choose that as a profession for life.disfigured orientation.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by roxell120(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Natureboyfk: Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?
stingy stingy
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by tonygee1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Beggers own too much sef the thin don become venture anyway sha that is one of the jobs created by our economy for the jobbless
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by mployer(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes. The Bible said 'no man can receive anything except it has being given to him from above'. It's unchristian to think d money in your pocket is absolutely yours. Tink twice broda.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by lexrichy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
you felt guilty means u should have given him

Gbam.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by mcpat(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
I feel guilty depending on d situation..there was d tym i was walking to d bus stop and a kid stopped me,he shouldnt be more than 9yrz and he didnt luk lyk a begger,i ignored him tho and after walking sum distance my concience began to prick me,I had to go back and look for him.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by lafuria1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Chimoski87: They only beggars I can't give my #1 are those Hausas/Fulanis who roam d streets especially in Owerri here which I presume to be almajiri. Hw can they be begging cos their ( religion of peace they say) makes it obligatory for them to embark dehumanising venture. Even after giving them money, u will see them d next day with seven children constituting nuisance to public peace.hw those women get pregnant & why can't their husbands take care of them & who is their husbands? I hope such pple don't exist in Lagos otherwise Baje Oni Eke
First begging is forbidden in Islam except u are close to death and have no option. If u live on the north, you would know that some people have taken begging as a profession, they arrive at buss top at 8am and leave at night. Islam has nothing to do with them. Do you know they have their association where they make contribution.

I schooled in the north and I don't feel compel to give at all and people around don't feel compel too because they will surely comeback the next day. When their begging tactics didn't work, they introduced the use of small kids saying they are sick and need small change. It's annoying but what can we do? Deport them? To where?

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
It depends on the beggar....

I don't give out my money to the physically and mentally fit beggers, why can't they hussle like others? I got pissed yesterday when we passed a family, 'mother, father and an infant.' Parked near the robots begging money. I mean how come those people can do their business at night and a woman give birth to a child but cannot get on her feet to look for work? Work is not about education and all, as long as you can use your mind, hands and feet then you are able to put food on the table. That family sits there every morning!

Smh
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by mployer(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle: I used to, but lately i've discovered i don't anymore and somehow i feel like i've lost my humanity sad
Yeah, you really did. Go back to d old wayz. smiley
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Ahmeduana(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
J0nyb0y:
d one i hate most is able body old men/women with no disability begging beside the road... Especially the hausas in Nigeria... #No offence tho
if you stays in the northern part of nigeria, you will surely get tired of given alms, you just have to be callous, if not you will end up been a beggar. every blessed day you steps out of your house you will see different types and classes of beggars> the ones with one eye without two legs or the ones with mental disability but with body ability! not to talk of people that have 3 to 4 wives with 15 to 20 children at home. Almajiri nko? dem dey brekete!! will you be giving alms to this types of people that refuse to know or accept that begging is not dignify? so, for me, I don't think is bad when you refuse to give alms in unwarranted situation.

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by siraj1402(m): 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
J0nyb0y: I was at Ojota garage waiting for my bus to get filled when a man using crutches [Has one leg] came by, he saw that i was on phone and left.. Minutes later he came again.. I was like 'guy free me, i no get money' and he was like shey na change? I go give you change'. He later left wen i almost got angry... I was later feeling kind of guilty when he left.. So i decided to throw the question to you guys..
Do you feel guilty after refusing to give a begger money?
I always feel guilty.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by creativemusic: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by NellyGhenghen(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
I used to, but onetime i saw this little guy crying, i asked him why he was crying, he said he lost all his bread and his aunty was going to kill him, so i gave him 1k.. after two days i saw this same guy again crying, I ignored him, 2weeks after i saw him again crying, i was tempted to come down from the car and give him some good head tapping, but then i tot, naaaa laisse tomber. since then ehnnnn!! if i hear!! angry
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
In the past I used to but not anymore. It is my money. I worked for it so I can do as I please with it smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Send Articles On General Topics To National Newspapers / Reps To Intervene For The Release Of Shiite Leader, Members. / If World Ends Today, Who Do You Wish To Meet In After-life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.