Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg (6748 Views)

Ambode Tweets About A Road Construction Completed In Lagos / Bailout: 28 States Get Over N373 Billion In 5 Months – FG / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by dabrake(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
i_laugh:

You are obviously a curse to yourself when you refuse to appreciate little efforts. APC my b..utt hole.
So retardinho was voted so that his "little efforts" could be appreciated. Huh?
This is one problem with Nigerians and that is why we will remain stagnant for eternity. People are voted into power to correct the wrongs. Why should I appreciate/praise-sing GEJ for repairing a federal road? For God damn sake, that is why he is there. Little effort my foot. *hisses*

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Appliedmaths(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
bakynes:

Get ur facts right,The three states linked with this road; Lagos,Ogun and Oyo states have informed the FG in the past that, they want to do it collectively due to the neglegence on the part of d FG bt the FG has refused to let them repair the road, so get ur fact right before coming here to comment.

We don't need facts on paper, we need results for all eyes to see; if they had true intentions then they would have pressed further. Let the 3 states involved sit there and fold their arms waiting for the FG and yet we want change overnight.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by legalcode(m): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
and GEJ is quiet about it, if its Fashola's 7 kilometer road rehabilitation every newspaper and TVC will carry it as headline.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by vanunu: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thunder fire all these criminals that are against this govt. We have not had it so good like this before, so many infrastructural upgrading going on in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by zico2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
I pass through this road every week. I wonder what flag off ceremony is all about after some months, there is nothing to point at on the road. Is it when our hope re died that the government wl do something on it or when enough people have died. Or do we call the carade a political one. I wonder the type of leader in our country. May God help cos only in nigeria can this happen. May God give us good leaders cos these set re just sheep in wolf clothes.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by AdeniyiA(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
work should begin first. on the issue of this road, only work in progress news can move us. we are fed up with empty promises of our leaders
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Ewarrior: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

We don't need facts on paper, we need results for all eyes to see; if they had true intentions then they would have pressed further. Let the 3 states involved sit there and fold their arms waiting for the FG and yet we want change overnight.

Push futher how??

Was it not after the govs made their intentions known that the FG hurriedly revoked Bi-Courtney's consession and awarded the contract for the reconstruction to Julius Berger and Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) without any plans on how to fund the project..

Let's be honest, the flagging off that GEJ did on dat road was mere PROPAGANDA cos only a clueless govt will award a contract for a project now and look for ways to fund d project later

No wonder 2 months after flagging off there is no single equipment on ground not even a wheelbarrow.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by modskiller(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
MOFOS
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by harby: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ewarrior:

What are u saying??
fact...if u nat sure ask peopke enrouting that road...they said they wil make the road 5 lane...the completion wil tak les time...al that....end up being flattering....so wat we saying.er..it es sure they wil take the work to mid completion...nd drop it when is supoz 2c tiled...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by harby: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
legalcode: and GEJ is quiet about it, if its Fashola's 7 kilometer road rehabilitation every newspaper and TVC will carry it as headline.
if we wana criticize ..pls let dwu that constructively...fashola in terms of infastructural upgrading...is far aged above GEJ...if you wana do smthing that worth comending..surely tvc newspaper wil publicise u
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Jamesqu(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
zico2: I pass through this road every week. I wonder what flag off ceremony is all about after some months, there is nothing to point at on the road. Is it when our hope re died that the government wl do something on it or when enough people have died. Or do we call the carade a political one. I wonder the type of leader in our country. May God help cos only in nigeria can this happen. May God give us good leaders cos these set re just sheep in wolf clothes.

I pass through this road every Sunday too. The site at the Shagam interchange has been neglected for a while but just this last weekend, it has been fenced and equipment mobilization has commenced just after Conoil on Ibadan bound lane. JB has started mobilizing barriers to divert traffic...also the median between the road have been cleared by RCC on their own side...and their signs have already been placed.

As this seems like mobilization to site, I wonder why Vanguard is carrying story of funding...I'm confused, will a contractor mobilize to site without being paid mobilization fee and assured of funding for the project even if it is just for the first couple of milestones?

I think there's money earm, maybe not enough to complete it sha...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Kx: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
I used dat road today, I observed dat JB has commenced work some kilometers after RUN _redeem university on d lane to Ib, let's hope dey gada momentum with time
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by eluquenson(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
I cannot fathom any reconstruction on the road until when it is done, we are tired of all this old stories. embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by viktuur(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
waiting for Lagos-Akure-Owo-Okene-Lokoja-Abuja express o
By the way-
The first set of Nigerian skydivers will be traveling to dubai for a 10 training program in preparation for the 1s ever skydiving event in Nigeria.
Event to be broadcast LIVE on SUPERSPORTs and AIT.
For updates follow @9ja49ja, www.fornaija.com
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by confusion247(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
tatosh: So they've not even yet taken care of funding and framework before Our Joker of a president came to comission the road months ago.
What was the commissioning now for anyway?
I bet it was for political reasons.
These politicians don't even do anything for sincere reasons, it is all for person gain. What kind of country is this?
We are cursed with the worst kind of individuals as leaders.
To lift the curse, here is the solution: Vote APC in 2015
So in APC, we have angels like Tinubu, El-rufai, etc. grin grin grin grin
Guy kindly stay away from weeds, here is the bottom line from you
We are cursed with the worst kind of individuals as leaders in all the political parties in Nigeria...PDP, APC, LP, APGA, etc.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Dee60: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
And to be commissioned by who?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by highmood(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
I must be frank with you guys. So many nairalanders are so funny. Whenever I am tensed-up, I subscribe to reading most of ur comments"attacks & counter-attacks". U always makes me laugh. But we should cease to speak against our ethnicity. We are on this platform to forge a way forward. But anyway sha na d fun. If Una like use mouth kill unasef,,me de for high mood as I de talk to Una like this
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by boladez(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
The FGN is useless and they only yap like dogs........They should shut up and get the damned job done.

Promises and lies since 2007 .......shameless dogs. Stop promising and work.

To the guys who are blaming the states, please get full details on the matters concerning this road since 2007. Luck or sincerity cannot move any nation forward without vision, purpose and hardwork.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by onayemi1: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Buchiano(m):
Nyz one !!

Truth remains that this administration has shown more sincerity $ focus than past gvts.

Ride on GEJ!!!!

Sincere Nigerians ar solidly behind U.
This is the same road that the President and all the sycophants in his mushroom cabinet came some months ago to flag off the commencement of the repairs. This government should at least name one major roads that have been completed since its inception. None I guess. Like El Rufai said Jonathan administration only favours his clan.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by delpee(f): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Spent four and a half hours on this lousy road last week. Most of the time was spent between Mowe and Ibafo all because of the big potholes and probably heavy traffic. (No camp meeting BTW) I wonder how 3 lanes will solve the problem on the Sagamu-Lagos axis. Vehicles formed 4-5 lanes in most places along the road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by PECO4KING(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
I pass there today and I see them working on the other side of the road but I pray they finish it this time around. And the trafic is serious from Redeem camp to Mowe/Ibafon bcs of the bad road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by jayyem(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Royal Roy: Hopefully it won't be another repeat of Ibadan to Ilorin express way!!

as far as am concerned that road is no longer in the map of Nigeria, despite different crashes that occur on that road every now and then.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by ilaugh1: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2013
jayyem: as far as am concerned that road is no longer in the map of Nigeria, despite different crashes that occur on that road every now and then.

whats the meaning of this statement? So, if its no more on the map of Nigeria, where has it moved to?

Some of you talk on what you know nothing about. Ibadan Ilorin road is dualised all the way to Oyo, and from Ogbomosho all the way to Ilorin, the only stretch left is between Oyo to Ogbomosho, and this dualisation has been since 2011 when I travelled last on the road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by ilaugh1: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2013
boladez: The FGN is useless and they only yap like dogs........They should shut up and get the damned job done.

Promises and lies since 2007 .......shameless dogs. Stop promising and work.

To the guys who are blaming the states, please get full details on the matters concerning this road since 2007. Luck or sincerity cannot move any nation forward without vision, purpose and hardwork.

Try to make more sense when you shout.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by ilaugh1: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Ewarrior:

Push futher how??

Was it not after the govs made their intentions known that the FG hurriedly revoked Bi-Courtney's consession and awarded the contract for the reconstruction to Julius Berger and Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) without any plans on how to fund the project..

Let's be honest, the flagging off that GEJ did on dat road was mere PROPAGANDA cos only a clueless govt will award a contract for a project now and look for ways to fund d project later

No wonder 2 months after flagging off there is no single equipment on ground not even a wheelbarrow.

Lier. All liers go to hell fire.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by boladez(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2013
i_laugh:

Try to make more sense when you shout.

My dear, try and disconnect your head from your balls and attempt to connect your skull to your fingers before you post. OK?
I cannot help you if your addiction to chat , BB and music has degenerated your grey matter! ...OK?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by ilaugh1: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2013
boladez:

My dear, try and disconnect your head from your balls and attempt to connect your skull to your fingers before you post. OK?
I cannot help you if your addiction to chat , BB and music has degenerated your grey matter! ...OK?

dumb
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by boladez(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2013
i_laugh:

dumb

No one asked you to post your middle name on this forum! Keep your middle name and surname to yourself please.

Some of us need more than little efforts to ensure our children live a better life than us.

Let me test your ability to think?

1. how many promises have the FG kept on this road since 2007 to date?
2. How long has the FGN been on the Ibadan Ilorin dualisation project and where did Yaradua's government stop before he died? How much of serious work happened under the new regime of Mr Clueless?
3. What does it mean when a project is flagged off?

Mediocrity is like leprosy that creeps slowly into the body system and cures with bad scars . Mediocrity affects the brain and leaves a bad scar on the psyche of the victims. I hope you get cured fast mate

Again to help you understand and make an attempt to help you build a focused perspective....True leaders are visionary and are elected to make things happen and not to put in little efforts or make empty promises. If thriving economies of the world just put in little efforts, you probably will not be using a computer today to express your views. ....guess you would be picking that your nose on one farm in your village rather than in front of a computer picking your nose and rubbing the dirt on your trousers.

Have a nice day..... as I know several fuses have been blown with my brief analysis......my solution to people of limited intellect....respond with a one liner insult and I will wrap you up

Try and create a desire for excellence which is inbuilt in well formed children. I cannot but notice that your posts are majorly in the romance section and usually once liners throwing insults or advising people to sleep with their cousins. Your perverted mind has destroyed your ability to think and function appropriately.

This is politics section; your IQ clearly is below that of permissible membership of this section. Moderators please act accordingly. There should be a minimum IQ level to be able to post into the politics section. Penny for my thoughts
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by sammhi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
When a gov does not want to work he gives all sort of excuses. What is federal roads in a state? LASTMA and VIO are they restricted to state roads or they are also on federal roads. These state agencies are on federal roads generating funds for the state but the state wont repair such roads when bad ..it is just double standard for such govs ... passing the bulk but milking the populace...awon omo ole
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by Abelbenker(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
will this affect the hours of traveling from lagos to ibadan will this affect the hours of traveling from lagos to ibadan
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by jidsoon(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
That good if is APC them can use six year go to ipaja ayobo road for the pass three now fashola can now flesh 4 km of road
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg by atasteve: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2013
This project is done and will not be abandoned in Jesus name, amen.

How I wish promises can be fulfilled without asking God to touch the heart of the promisor!!!

We shall get to that level of integrity one day very soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Man Wants Biafrra - Disgraces Two Yoruba Men On "One Nigeria" Debate VIDEO / Xenophobia Attack: FG Wants Compensation For Nigerians – Dabiri-erewa / Atiku Bagudu: Why FG Chose N800/$ Exchange Rate For 2024 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.