Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,843 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? (16891 Views)

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
Phemy95: Good. Visit www.nichenaija. for more gists
wich 1 b 'Good'? Another Wannabe Blogger.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
4runner does it for me. With V8 engine powered 4runner, you can never go wrong, mate.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by mediachirps(m): 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
to avoid regret 4Runner is the best. I just passed that enugu now.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Erotex(m): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
The safety way is by trekking
No accident, No fuel, No hold up e.t.c and ur fee will always be @ ur pocket. Enjoy!!
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
moshino:

Could you please explain why you'll be racing an SUV, which has a higher elevation than a race car and a regular sedan? What exactly do you achieve by this, and what do you presume are the inherent dangers in this, and btw, on which RACETRACK were you doing this racing?

why should I explain any reasons why I am racing? Na Your motor I use race? Abi u na ROAD SAFETY or VIO or. EKELEBE (NPF) abi na YELLOW FEVER you be? I don't need to be schooled about inherent dangers in doing what I do I am old enough to know dangers involved btw, I don't race in neighbourhoods but on highways, I am very very careful when I am behind the wheels and I check in my car for scheduled routine maintenance thus ensuring my car is always tuned up and in excellent conditions undecided
If you care to know why I race also ask folks here: www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car

4 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Chillext(m): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
[b][/b]KEKE NAPEP will just be ok
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Evachidex(m): 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Both SUVs are good but a manual version of the Toyota 4Runner is close to what he wants to add to it, it's an off road vehicle suitable for such journey. However, let's consider certain things under the subtext 'Safety n comfortability'.
1st, Load for balancing- don't overload or underload.
2ly, Who is behind the wheel? has he gained mastery in manipulating that particular facility (ease). knows d safety rules for distant journeys.
3rd, Tyres pressure guaged appropriately.
And lastly, pray b4 u unbark on such journey; it's a different world.
Why I highlighted these points is because of what I experienced the last time I travelled, Jan this year, on our way back, it was only a Toyota camry (2006 model) that drove past the golf 3 I drove. It's not over speeding rather I was going at a speed I can manage/control. That's it!
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by creativemusic: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so what should we do? everybody should begin to buy? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by moshino(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
lomomike:

why should I explain any reasons why I am racing? Na Your motor I use race? Abi u na ROAD SAFETY or VIO or. EKELEBE (NPF) abi na YELLOW FEVER you be? I don't need to be schooled about inherent dangers in doing what I do I am old enough to know dangers involved btw, I don't race in neighbourhoods but on highways, I am very very careful when I am behind the wheels and I check in my car for scheduled routine maintenance thus ensuring my car is always tuned up and in excellent conditions undecided
If you care to know why I race also ask folks here: www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car

I thought I was relating to homo sapiens, but you just made it obvious I was not. I rest my case!
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by lonelydora: 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
Well, I would prefer the Infiniti FX 35 for such a trip. But, 4Runner is the Bomb when compared in totality. R u people actually calling Lagos to Enugu long trip? LOL.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by baaliyah(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
What year models are you comparing.
Is your colleague buying just for chritmas trip. Will he sell his eventual choice when he returns to Lag.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
A Toyota 4Runner all day!
Those talking about comfort, as long as the shocks on the Runner is sound, you'll notice no ills whatsoever. Infiniti only edges it on their seat construction... Its very very soft but that's about it for me. They are more or less just as fast, its not like you'll get the smooth stretch of tar to move up to 180km/hr anyway undecided
Get th 4Runner, far more durable & economical... Thank meToyota later grin
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Jarus: What model? I use 4runner 2005 and it's doing fine. Does Lagos-Kwara trip without hiccups.
we're comparing the 04 model of both vehicles
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
moshino:

I thought I was relating to homo sapiens, but you just made it obvious I was not. I rest my case!

I will feign ignorance to the above statement because what so ever you say is your opinion which gives me absolute right to either accept or ignore such statement. Btw stop swallowing panadol for another man's headache.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
9icetoo: i have been opportuned to drive the two cars being discussed fairly regularly.
Economy: 4runner 1, fx35 0
Handling: 4 runner 0, fx35 1
comfort: 4 runner 1, fx 35 0
power: 4 runner 0, fx 35 1
Off road: 4 runner 1, fx 35 0
The steering feel of the fx 35 is a bit too stiif for longdistance driving. you are going to have sore shoulders at the end of such a long trip with the fx 35 though you will get to your destination a lot quicker. Having said that, you will equally need to stop over at a gas station to fill up and spend a lot more on fuel than a 4 runner. In all, it depends on what u want out of the journey though. If u want to tear down the road at exciting speeds, go four the fx 35; if u want to cruise in comfort and save a few pennies on fuel go for the 4 runner. just my 2 cents.
I think I'∂ rather spend more @ the pump for an enhanced ride quality in an Fx35.. I don't think the 4ruNner will hold its own if one is †̥σ swerve suddenly †̥σ avoid a collision @ highway speeds.. Besides the rollover rating for ∂ 4runner is quite poor.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
moshino:

They're equally good choice SUVs, but PLEASE, they're NOT RACECARS/FORMULAR1 cars! In terms of versatility, longevity and durability, given Nigerian road and driving conditions, Toyota 4Runner edges ahead. In terms of luxury/bells and whistles, FX has the edge. But again, they're NOT RACECARS.
I never said they were race cars or being bought for that purpose.. I simply meant that my colleague is a speed freak and would want an SUV that will take him there safely while satisfying his desire †̥σ floor Τђε gas pedal
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by KA24DETT(m): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
They are not in the same class. FX35 is luxury SUV.
If you guys are comparing cars, try to compare the same class. FX 35 VS BMW X3 . Toyota 4 runner is in the same class as Nissan Pathfinder.

FX 35 is in another league.. Whats up with nigerians and toyota. In every conversation, toyota wins. Herd mentality is shocking

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by awolols(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
I tell you what, a 4runner is more of ruggedness and durability. Just hold on tight to tge steering wheel when on high speed.
Infiniti is more of luxury period and quite rugged. But that UK tv show for cars can't remember d name now confirmed and tested the 4runner for ruggedness even on very rough terrain and can stand the test of time
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
any car can land you in the bush...

4 runner is 3 times more rugged than Nissan FX35...

since your friend isnt a highway user, advice him not to speed while making his christmas trip....
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by optimusprime2(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
You did'nt Specify which year models and what engine types V8 or V6...
Anyway I'd go for the Toyota 4runner assuming you are referring to 2008 V6 models for both SUV's.
Why?
1-Its more fuel efficient compared to an FX35 thats obviously the Gas-guzzler amongst the two
2-for the road conditions, the 4runner has got better Clearance and is better suited for off road terrains.
3-The Toyota 4runner is the cheaper of the two- its price goes easy on an SUV budget.
4-assuming its a family Christmas trip, the 4runner has the advantage of a spacious interior and bigger cargo space compared to an Infiniti FX35 which is more of a compact cross-over. So talking comfort, its the 4runner all the way.
5- The 4runners parts are readily available and cheaper than the FX35's- assuming headlamps got broken, buying and replacing for an Infiniti FX35 is'nt funny business.
And finally Nigerians love the showoff effex, like; "Hey I just got this big black jeep, as I dey come for road people jus dey clear for me..." now, a 4runner sits highup there and creates that effex, while the FX35 is dwarfish in Nature.

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
SailorXY: A Toyota 4Runner all day!
Those talking about comfort, as long as the shocks on the Runner is sound, you'll notice no ills whatsoever. Infiniti only edges it on their seat construction... Its very very soft but that's about it for me. They are more or less just as fast, its not like you'll get the smooth stretch of tar to move up to 180km/hr anyway undecided
Get th 4Runner, far more durable & economical... Thank meToyota later grin
oga I have travelled twice dis year .. Τђε Benin and asaba ends of the road are almost racetrack smooth... @ som points its a straight stretch of 3 or 4miles. one could get up †̥σ 180km/hr surely ... For those ∂@t can handle ∂@t speed sha

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
KA24DETT: They are not in the same class. FX35 is luxury SUV.
If you guys are comparing cars, try to compare the same class. FX 35 VS BMW X3 . Toyota 4 runner is in the same class as Nissan Pathfinder.

FX 35 is in another league.. Whats up with nigerians and toyota. In every conversation, toyota wins. Herd mentality is shocking
we know they αяє not in ∂ same category but if u were stuck with both for a 6hour trip which would u pick ?
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
shoot@sight:
oga I have travelled twice dis year .. Τђε Benin and asaba ends of the road are almost racetrack smooth... @ som points its a straight stretch of 3 or 4miles. one could get up †̥σ 180km/hr surely ... For those ∂@t can handle ∂@t speed sha
I know the road, good improvement there but is it still that safe? With such width, you can't refer to it as a race track & we all know port holes have a funny way of appearing on a very smooth Naija road overnight! The same road you used a month ago may be just as smooth but you can notice one funny 'developed' port hole lurking somewhere on your return. Besides, I think speed is over exaggerated. Traveling in your FX averaging 180km/hr & another man doing 140km/hr on a 4Runner destined for the same stop, don't be surprised your arrival time differential may be just a mere 5-10 mins cuz of many dynamics like pit stops, refreshments, weaving through traffic within cities, etc

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
SailorXY:
I know the road, good improvement there but is it still that safe? With such width, you can't refer to it as a race track & we all know port holes have a funny way of appearing on a very smooth Naija road overnight! The same road you used a month ago may be just as smooth but you can notice one funny 'developed' port hole lurking somewhere on your return. Besides, I think speed is over exaggerated. Traveling in your FX averaging 180km/hr & another man doing 140km/hr on a 4Runner destined for the same stop, don't be surprised your arrival time differential may be just a mere 5-10 mins cuz of many dynamics like pit stops, refreshments, weaving through traffic within cities, etc
I agree With u on most of ur points , but the big question remains 'will u have trust in ur 4runner †̥σ Avoid a pothole @ highway speeds ? Without landing in ∂ bush that is ... ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by eaglechild: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
KA24DETT: They are not in the same class. FX35 is luxury SUV.

Thank you very very much.
It's so annoying.
Toyota this toyota that.
No doubt toyota is legendary for its reliability, but they are usually boring and unengaging to drive, though they are improving.

How can anyone be comparing two vehicles in completely different categories, if one must
One is a luxury SUV that requires more premium maintenance, it is sportier, more comfy and much more fun to drive.
The other is a regular SUV that is easier to maintain, has a slightly better off road capability, and a truck like drive.
If you enjoy driving the infiniti is for you,if you want to move from A to B unceremoniously get the 4runner.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Eyop: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
It all depends on driving habit. My sister's late Boss bought the same 2004 infinity FX 35 that you are talking about 2yrs ago. He traveled with it from Abuja to UYO and he arrived safely but on his return back from his trip he had an accident at Lokoja and according to the information passed by those around the scene,he was on top speed & trying to avoid a porthole and that was it. The ride was a complete right off. SUV's are not really race vehicles but here in Nija we abuse it.
shoot@sight:
I agree With u on most of ur points , but the big question remains 'will u have trust in ur 4runner †̥σ Avoid a pothole @ highway speeds ? Without landing in ∂ bush that is ... ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
shoot@sight:
Despite the high clearance, the 4Runner is pretty more balanced than you are painting it & rugged too... Remember this is not a Nissan X-Terra grin

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by eaglechild: 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
shoot@sight:
we know they αяє not in ∂ same category but if u were stuck with both for a 6hour trip which would u pick ?
Infiniti
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
eaglechild:
Thank you very very much.
It's so annoying.
Toyota this toyota that.
No doubt toyota is legendary for its reliability, but they are usually boring and unengaging to drive, though they are improving.

How can anyone be comparing two vehicles in completely different categories, if one must
One is a luxury SUV that requires more premium maintenance, it is sportier, more comfy and much more fun to drive.
The other is a regular SUV that is easier to maintain, has a slightly better off road capability, and a truck like drive.
If you enjoy driving the infiniti is for you,if you want to move from A to B unceremoniously get the 4runner.
I can bet my asss you won't be that confident when you face an annoying rugged terrain sitting behind the wheels of your FX-35 cheesy you fit just come down trek cross am grin grin grin
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by eaglechild: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Eyop: You didn't ev en mention what year of manufacture for both cars. As for me,forget about the infinity if your friend has the money to buy the 4runner,let him go for the 2010 Toyota 4runner limited edition and he will be glad he did. You cannot compare a Nissan to a Toyota in terms of durability. However SUV is not meant for race oh
Infiniti is made by nissan i agree, but i believe you know it's a luxury brand.
Besides not all models of toyota are more reliable/durable than their nissan counterparts.
Nissan pathfinder for example is a very reliable SUV
Factor in our local mechanics who would ruin anything that is not a camry or corolla.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
SailorXY:
I can bet my asss you won't be that confident when you face an annoying rugged terrain sitting behind the wheels of your FX-35 cheesy you fit just come down trek cross am grin grin grin
if normal low slung 2wd sedans navigate thru Τђε bad portions of d eastbound highway then the fx35 should hav no worries ... Come on guys we're not talking about bucket sized craters here .. Just a few bad spots here and there. Besides they're been fixed... @ least as at last month I travelled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.