Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? (16890 Views)

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Eyop: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
Eagle child i quite agree with you that the infinity is a luxury brand just like Lexus which is the luxury brand of Toyota. Yes not all Toyota models are reliable but in the Nija general sense Toyota happens to be the favourite choice because you can find mechanics and parts readily available.
eaglechild:
Infiniti is made by nissan i agree, but i believe you know it's a luxury brand.
Besides not all models of toyota are more reliable/durable than their nissan counterparts.
Nissan pathfinder for example is a very reliable SUV
Factor in our local mechanics who would ruin anything that is not a camry or corolla.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Eyop: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
Eagle child i quite agree with you that the infinity is a luxury brand just like Lexus which is the luxury brand of Toyota. Yes not all Toyota models are reliable but in the Nija general sense Toyota happens to be the favorite choice because you can find mechanics and parts readily available.
eaglechild:
Infiniti is made by nissan i agree, but i believe you know it's a luxury brand.
Besides not all models of toyota are more reliable/durable than their nissan counterparts.
Nissan pathfinder for example is a very reliable SUV
Factor in our local mechanics who would ruin anything that is not a camry or corolla.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
its infinity anyday,anytime.......
Unbeatable...i love luxury,power and stuffs that stands out and make a diff.
Its good @ corners,classic braking etc
toyota is overhyped......do ur research
its infinity anyday,anytime.......
Unbeatable...i love luxury,power and stuffs that stands out and make a diff.
Its good @ corners,classic braking etc
toyota is overhyped......do ur research
autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?year=2004&make=Infiniti&model=FX&trimid=98633#VIP_TAB
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by KOMBE: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
SUVs are not built for speed, so be careful as they will definitely take you inside the bush. All the best
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by moshino(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
lomomike:

I will feign ignorance to the above statement because what so ever you say is your opinion which gives me absolute right to either accept or ignore such statement. Btw stop swallowing panadol for another man's headache.

I assure you, I'm NOT worried about you killing yourself, I'm mainly concerned about the collateral damage you could cause in the process (meaning; other innocent lives and properties you might also waste).
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by moshino(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
shoot@sight:
I never said they were race cars or being bought for that purpose.. I simply meant that my colleague is a speed freak [/b]and would want an SUV that will take him there safely while satisfying his desire †̥σ floor Τђε gas pedal

[b]You just made my point!
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Kingsteve(m): 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Give me the V8 powered Engine of the FX45...sky is the limit! *vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom*

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by KA24DETT(m): 6:01am On Sep 13, 2013
shoot@sight:
we know they αяє not in ∂ same category but if u were stuck with both for a 6hour trip which would u pick ?

FX 35 obviously. handling is amazing, feel the rush , the power and the exhaust tone. Its the journey that counts not the destination. Toyota 4 runner is plain jane. it is a good car but there is more to driving than stepping on the gas and getting home.
For the speed demons(most nigerians are), u want to be speeding in an fx35.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by OyelSheik: 6:55am On Sep 13, 2013
what is all this noise about the infiniti being the fuel consumer angry
get your facts right first;
2004 Infiniti FX35 6 cyl, 3.5 L, AWD MPG [size=16pt]:17(Combined) 15 (City) 20(Highway)[/size]

2004 4Runner 4WD 8 cyl, 4.7 L, Automatic 5-spd MPG:[size=16pt]15(Combined) 14 (City) 17 (Highway)[/size]

2004 Toyota 4Runner 2WD 6 cyl, 4.0 L, Automatic 4-spd MPG:[size=16pt]18 (Combined) 16 (City) 20 (Highway)[b][/b][/size]

SOURCE:http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2004_Toyota_4Runner.shtml
:http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20302.shtml

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by jossypajay: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2013
lomomike:

1. LUXURY/COMFORT: Infiniti FX35 =1 Vs Toyota 4runner =0
2. REFINEMENT: Infiniti FX35 =1 Vs Toyota 4runner= 0
3. HANDLING: Infiniti FX35 =1 Vs Toyota 4runner =0
4. Speed ?? U dnt mention the specific engine type for toyota 4runner. But I still believe infiniti wins. Cos I've raced against a 2004 toyota 4runner V8 and I was faster with my QX4 V63.5 which is same engine the infiniti uses. Plus the FX35 is touted as a sports biased SUV.
5. PRACTICALITY and TERRAIN: infiniti FX35 0 Vs Toyota 4runner 1 (there is much more cargo space in the 4runner and its been known as a hauler truck, plus its an offroad capable truck(even with 2wd, its quite good offroad because it has a system called AUTO LSD for the 2005 toyota 4runner) while infiniti is only based for the tarred surface)
6. SAFETY: they are both safe, they have ABS, SRS Airbags, VSC, among other safety features both standard and optional.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Ikhuoria: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2013
so i drove from lagos to abakaliki, via onitsha and enugu,on the 30th of august.I guarantee you,the best way to endure the journey to enugu is to drive an infinity to onitsha and den a four runner from onitsha to enugu..
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2013
Ikhuoria: so i drove from lagos to abakaliki, via onitsha and enugu,on the 30th of august.I guarantee you,the best way to endure the journey to enugu is to drive an infinity to onitsha and den a four runner from onitsha to enugu..
ℓ☺ℓ ... In this case we can't eat our cake and have it .. So what's ur choice bro
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Psyrus(m): 10:06am On Sep 13, 2013
The ifinity FX35 kills it for speed and on road handling, buh the 4runner has more space which allows for comfort and more fuel economy. Cosidering the strech of road from onitsha to enugu i'll recommend the 4runner. Except the paddy wan run go die
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by OyelSheik: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Psyrus: The ifinity FX35 kills it for speed and on road handling, buh the 4runner has more space which allows for comfort and more fuel economy. Cosidering the strech of road from onitsha to enugu i'll recommend the 4runner. Except the paddy wan run go die

How can a 4.7l or 4.0L v8 engine be more economical than a non turbocharged 3.5L v6 engine
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
^^ you believe everything wey oyibo write for motor body? Do the tests yourself & see what vehicle saves more for you

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Kingsteve(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
SailorXY: ^^ you believe everything wey oyibo write for motor body? Do the tests yourself & see what vehicle saves more for you

Or, is it a case of the typical Nigerian stereotype? cos most Nigerians believe that any brand with a 'Toyota' logo on it, automatically becomes fuel efficient and reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kingsteve:

Or, is it a case of the typical Nigerian stereotype? cos most Nigerians believe that any brand with a 'Toyota' logo on it, automatically becomes fuel efficient and reliable.
Nah.... But a 2004 vehicle is not expected to be new by any stretch of imagination. So many things factor now on fuel economy which include how well the vehicle age, ease of maintenance & durability of engines, among other factors. Roll out that '04 4Runner & 04 FX-35 in 10-15 years from now & see which you'll consider
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by KA24DETT(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2013
SailorXY: ^^ you believe everything wey oyibo write for motor body? Do the tests yourself & see what vehicle saves more for you
\

So we should believe you eh?
SailorXY:
Nah.... But a 2004 vehicle is not expected to be new by any stretch of imagination. More cylinders means you got more mouths to feed(Extra gas). www.Fueleconomy.gov. You can compare fuel economy of all cars sold in Northamerica.

[quote author=SailorXY]
Nah.... But a 2004 vehicle is not expected to be new by any stretch of imagination. So many things factor now on fuel economy which include how well the vehicle age, ease of maintenance & durability of engines, among other factors. Roll out that '04 4Runner & 04 FX-35 in 10-15 years from now & see which you'll consider

What point are you trying to make? That in 15 years time, the 4 runner will be more fuel efficient?. On about Durability, the VQ series engine on which Nissan/Infiniti build most of their cars has been among "Wards 10 best engine" 15 years in a row. Most nigerian mechanics are scared with anything more than 4 cylinders so thats a mute argument. Both cars will require maintenance down the road.
Everything being equal. FX 35 is more efficient and will be more reliable down the road based on its track record.

Sum it all. Both cars are not in the same class, not even close. You buy a car based on how it makes you feel and how it drives, not what will happen 10-15yrs down the road.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by KA24DETT(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Kingsteve:

They forgot about the Toyota "engine sludge" law suit which resulted in toyota paying for replacement engines of thousands of car owners. No automaker is immune to problems. The era of thinking every Toyota is bullet proof in reliability has to change. Every automaker has stepped up their game in Northamerica. The competition is fierce. It will take a few years for Nigerians to realize that but we will get there.

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Kingsteve(m): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Seconded!
For most Nigerians...it's Toyota or bust!
I remember the 2007 Toyota camry recalls, yet..there are loads of Camrys on Nigerian roads.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by SailorXY: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2013
Ohk then... I guess it boils down to personal preferences
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Ikenna351(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kingsteve:

In 2006 in Enugu, i was watching CNN. A man was been interviewed. He was narrating how he was driving his brand new Toyota Prius on a road in US i think, when all of a sudden, the car started accelerating itself without his input. He was not accelerating, yet the car was serious increasing speed. He tried to stop by holding the brake pedal, but it seemed not to help him. He had to swerve out of the road to prevent hitting an object, pedestrians or other vehicles, before the car suddenly stopped accelerating itself. He swore in front of the Camera that no Toyota badge again as long as he lives.

That same year, Toyota recalled hundreds or maybe thousands of Prius sold in US at that time for throttle sensor and i think electric throttle body issues, which tends to accelerate the Prius on its own while car is in motion.

Sometime in 2003 or 2004 (am not so sure of the year), i read in one of the national dailies about the recall of new Lexus (SUV), of a particular model, been recalled by Toyota. Reason was given that the SUV would suddenly spin, turn and face the side of the road it was coming from, at every small bend. Toyota's reason was that the rear stability sensor was failing to signal to body ECU or something on time when it should have sensed the the car was negotiating a bend, for the electronically controlled suspension and rear stabilizer to do their work. Meaning the SUV body was not structured /designed to handle bend except with the help of sensors.

Am not trying to talk down on Toyota brand, but the way some Nigerians see that brand as if it's the only perfect thing on Earth, baffles me.

The thing is, most of their issues surface during warranty and are been fixed or recalled to be fixed, for free. But probably because other car brands issues start surfacing after some thousands or kilometres, their complaints seem to be more noticed.

But my simple question to the reliability arguement is this: if your car is so perfect or so relaible that other brands are not close, why so much recalls from that brand at early life of their cars when newly rolled out? Or you think they enjoy recalling cars? Do you know how many millions they spend in fixing those issues which are not paid for?

Like KA24DETTsaid, "You buy a car based on how it makes you feel and how it drives, not what will happen 10-15 yrs down the road". That's how i buy mine.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
So what's ur pick oga Ikenna ? Its common knowledge ∂@t the fx35 handles and drives better at the expense of a harsher ride ... The big question is would u trade sore arms after a 6hour trip in Τђε fx35 over a more comfortable but less stable ride in ∂ 4runner ?
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Ikenna351(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
shoot@sight:
So what's ur pick oga Ikenna ? Its common knowledge ∂@t the fx35 handles and drives better at the expense of a harsher ride ... The big question is would u trade sore arms after a 6hour trip in Τђε fx35 over a more comfortable but less stable ride in ∂ 4runner ?

Sorry, I know nothing about these two vehicles. So no comment.

Ikenna.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by yungboss(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
well, i haven't driven any, but because of my bias towards infiniti, i'll close my eyes and pick the FX35, only reason is because it would be faster by much in the long run. They are two different vehicles entirly, you can't match them speed for speed as the philosophies behind their creation are completely diffferent. Each better-off in one area or the other.
my experience today was this:
encountered the '04 4runner V8 on my way back to Port Harcourt. It was very fast...(and this thread came to mind)i was in my '93 bmw 320i 2.0 6cyl. I watched him pass me (helplessly as i was accelerating, 'doing' about +3000rpm ). I knew the maximum limit of this car was 110mph (a friend of mine has one)...i kept running the bmw 'til almost 180km/h, by then i had already caught and passed him.
Sorry i know this isn't a thread for speed, but i'm sure i couldn't have done that to the infiniti in question. But why would a truck of that magnitude go beyond 110mph, anything beyond this would be risky as it isn't a sports-car, it clearly wasn't designed to go fast but Good for other purposes.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ yungboss ... Clock 110mph on a 4runner ?? Dats closer †̥σ 200km/hr bro... If u ask mε I'∂ say nothing more than 140km/hr Max. on any jap SUV ... Could go higher than that if its a European product.. Audi, merc, Volks. Etc .. Jap mobiles αяє like paper @ highway speeds,, well am only stating the obvious that is
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by Kingsteve(m): 12:29am On Sep 16, 2013
shoot@sight:
@ yungboss ... Clock 110mph on a 4runner ?? Dats closer †̥σ 200km/hr bro... If u ask mε I'∂ say nothing more than 140km/hr Max. on any jap SUV ... Could go higher than that if its a European product.. Audi, merc, Volks. Etc .. Jap mobiles αяє like paper @ highway speeds,, well am only stating the obvious that is

I beg to differ...not all Japanese mobiles are light weight.
I've driven the 06 infiniti M35 sedan...boy, that machine was as stable and balanced like any European mobile, on high speed!
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by shootsight(m): 1:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Jap mobile fans please find below ur beloved 4runner www.nairaland.com/1440382/car-accident-mushin-lagos-pictures
Re: Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? by yungboss(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2013
shoot@sight:
Jap mobile fans please find below ur beloved 4runner www.nairaland.com/1440382/car-accident-mushin-lagos-pictures
people say 'jap mobiles' do not handle well, not all. Many of them are as good as the european cars. I'm speaking objectively,
in one of 'car and drivers' comparison between the Mercedes clk 430 vs lexus sc430, the lexus prevailed in speed and a few other departments: acceleration, skidpad test etc...
www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/mercedes-benz-clk430-page-3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.