Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market (7324 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by pazienza(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nightshift: From my understanding, Enugu state government has leased the place to a foreign company that wants to build a Shoprite- like mall there.
For over almost two years now, the affected shop owners where informed about the state government's plan. They were also advised to look for shops elsewhere.

I believe what the state government should do is to compensate those affected by the demolition. An alternative motor park should also be provided.

Chime is being insensitive. As good and refined the idea of removing those eye sore stores in Old park and replacing them with standard malls sounds, we must work with reality.

Enugu is basically a civil service town, there are not much industries in Enugu to employ the rest of the non civil servants, most of these people depend on petty trading like the kind you see in Old park for survival, running them out of business to replace them with malls that will only benefit a few people,does not look good for our society.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ichidodo: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
eaglechild:
maybe
ur
brain
skipped
these

Thanx for putting the yeriba in his place.Guilty conscience too dey disturb this sheeple.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
agbameta:

But we are not seeing the dumb claims like Fashola is anti poor people, we are not seeing all theretarded utterances you people spew all the time..

Ordinary Fashola telling you to clean your shops sent you people berserk, but here your shops are getting demolished and you people are not even enraged talk less going berserk..

Your hypocrisy stinks and it's pathetic..

They often sound as if being poor is unique to them when they mouth that Fashola is anti-poor slogan... grin

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
ichidodo: Thanx for putting the yeriba in his place.Guilty conscience too dey disturb this sheeple.

What he has succeeded in doing is to amplify your legendary hypocrisy....nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ichidodo: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

What he has succeeded in doing is to amply your legendary hypocrisy....nothing else.
Amplified it to what degree? That you would prefer punitive measures from a stranger to that of your own kin? If it came from my own kins man, there is a high probability it is for our own good but from a man e.g Fashola from a tribe of shmuckfaces with a history of betrayal and treachery? Thanx but no thanx. Please spare us the hypocrisy talk we all know who invented it and killed himself.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Buccinator(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
agbameta:

We know they are cowards and hypocrites... grin
oh dnt fool urself we know who the cowards are,Yelobars!!

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
agbameta:

We know they are cowards and hypocrites... grin
oh dnt fool urself we know who the cowards nd hypocrites are,Yelobars!!
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Who are these ones?

I want the known bigots that will heckle any SW government morning day and night....if this has taken place there.

Those one you quoted are nonentities as far as am concerned. undecided

Nonentities....? Oh really? We'r in a faceless online forum, dat's y u had d effrontery to open ur dirty, rotten and stinking mouth and call me a nonentity. I don't blame u.

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
ichidodo: Amplified it to what degree? That you would prefer punitive measures from a stranger to that of your own kin? If it came from my own kins man, there is a high probability it is for our own good but from a man e.g Fashola from a tribe of shmuckfaces with a history of betrayal and treachery? Thanx but no thanx. Please spare us the hypocrisy talk we all know who invented it and killed himself.

This is patently a detestable comment....

So your are more receptive to your state of origin governor than the state you reside...the more some of you open mouth to talk..the more you exposes your hypocrisy...hatred and reasons you should never be tolerated in sane societies.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
ILIDEFI:

Nonentities....? Oh really? We'r in a faceless online forum, dat's y u had d effrontery to open ur dirty, rotten and stinking mouth and call me a nonentity. I don't blame u.

as far as am concerned...that is what you are....go kill yourself for knowing that.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Comments when Fashola shut down Ladipo because the traders were behaving like animals, shyting in the canal and destroying the environment..

kettykings: if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

The Importation Business would take place from Ibaka port and the new port in Bayelsa.
The Telecommunication Businesses will be Divested and new Companies founded in the East with New transatlantic optic fiber laid.
Banks owned and affiliated to igbos Relocate/move their Headquarters to the east.
The Real Estate owned by Igbos and Niger Deltans should be put up for sale and better structures put up in the East
All Oil and Gas Drilling Business and oil servicing Businesses owned by SE/SS should relocate within the 5 year plan to the East.
While the one not owned by Easterner would be made to pay very heavy Annual registration fees.
The Oil Companies not owned by SE/SS would also be made to pay very heavy fines to sort out Environmental Degradation and at the slight of any Oil Spillage the companies should be closed down and until the owners pay a heavy fine of $16B.
All fights to and fro the Major Destinations in the World will originate and terminate from any of the international Airports in the east

www.nairaland.com/1207968/lagos-shuts-ladipo-market-arrests
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Tinyemeka(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Who are these ones?

I want the known bigots that will heckle any SW government morning day and night....if this has taken place there.

Those one you quoted are nonentities as far as am concerned. undecided
Hmmm... Selective myopia, I see...
smiley
For your mind you dey ginger for fight.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

as far as am concerned...that is what you are....go kill yourself for knowing that.

Ur immature responses and comments have sold u out as a juvenile, unrefined, uncultured, irrational and insensitive little brat. I can't waste my time exchanging words wit things like u. U'r not, and will never b worth my time.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
More..

nony30: Truth is that the yoruba man is so scared and intimidated by d average Ibo man.D industrious nature of the Ibo man always makes him stand out,tall and proud.According τ̲̅ȍ d yoruba man d Ibos come with nylon bags from d village but returns With Hummer jeep.So I guess Į̸̸̨ƭ only right for the yorubas τ̲̅ȍ fear who they can't conquer,hate who they can't understand but we constantly tell them τ̲̅ȍ blame God who made us great!Thank ‎u God for d Ibos!!

www.nairaland.com/1207968/lagos-shuts-ladipo-market-arrests/2
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
ILIDEFI:

Ur immature responses and comments have sold u out as a juvenile, unrefined, uncultured, irrational and insensitive little brat. I can't waste my time exchanging words wit things like u. U'r not, and will never b worth my time.

Shut up and get lost!

Hypocrite!
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
DP
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Even this dude... I hear he attends Deeper life... SMH

Ngwakwe: This actions of Fashola and his cronies are perfect case of witch-haunting and outright jealousy coupled with inbreed tribalistic hooliganism which have been burning in the minds of most South Westerners for time immemorial.

Why do you think they always have the phrase "GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE" constantly while they debate with Igbos. A situation were they have sold most of inheritance to settlers and misused the money for useless ceremonies and banquets.

See Fashola who left his duty of sending Sanitary Officers to coordinate the cleanliness of a market since 2007 is now blaming the fallout and his irresponsibility on the traders that he has been putting the burden of unfair levies and duties upon.

By the way, if the traders desire to practice traditional religion in their quest to expand and protect their businesses, it is legitimate under the constitution of Nigeria and should never be embarrassed as I can't see any Govt Official intimidating any trader having bible or Koran.

Bunch of Hypocrites, after you come to sell us your story of how wonderful Fashola is.

No wonder Amnesty International is accusing Fashola and Lagos State Govt of Crime Against Humanity.

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2013

Ngwakwe: This actions of Fashola and his cronies are perfect case of witch-haunting and outright jealousy coupled with inbreed tribalistic hooliganism which have been burning in the minds of most South Westerners for time immemorial.

Why do you think they always have the phrase "GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE" constantly while they debate with Igbos. A situation were they have sold most of inheritance to settlers and misused the money for useless ceremonies and banquets.

See Fashola who left his duty of sending Sanitary Officers to coordinate the cleanliness of a market since 2007 is now blaming the fallout and his irresponsibility on the traders that he has been putting the burden of unfair levies and duties upon.

By the way, if the traders desire to practice traditional religion in their quest to expand and protect their businesses, it is legitimate under the constitution of Nigeria and should never be embarrassed as I can't see any Govt Official intimidating any trader having bible or Koran.

Bunch of Hypocrites, after you come to sell us your story of how wonderful Fashola is.

No wonder Amnesty International is accusing Fashola and Lagos State Govt of Crime Against Humanity.

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by agbameta: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
^^^^ See as you dey open their yansh in public grin
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Eledan: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:

They are all absolutely shameless hypocrites.....notice how the Mod from Enugu has avoided this thread completely.....

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
More from the Deeper life Hypocrite!!

Just got confirmation the he's one.. grin

Ngwakwe: Any lawful action against individual sanitary offenders is a welcome development and far better than collective punishment.

The action of LASG in premeditated collective punishment and crime against humanity

www.nairaland.com/1207968/lagos-shuts-ladipo-market-arrests/4
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by BinghiNya(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
its APC's idea shey? we go vote for PDP or APGA @igbo,
thank god this didnt happen in the west but in their alaigbo and umuigbos are silent. Silly hypocrites.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Eledan: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
I will urge good people of this community to bookmark this thread so that when LASG decides to put the sanitary and health good of it's citizens above the pecuniary interest of some people, we can shove this thread into their faces if they make any noise.
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
More from the Hypocrite

Ngwakwe: Their Objective is to paint Igbos with black brush and condemn them as hooligans, not fit for any office (public or elective) in Nigeria

It's part of their media propaganda to promote their supremacist agenda.

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by mannobi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
seanet02: if this had happened in Lagos

now we know the true hypocrites. Abi na fashola send chime again? Lemme see u isi-ewu complained about Yorubas again
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by agbameta: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva: @topic
I don't know any market in Lagos that is not dirty. If Ladipo can be closed then 90% of markets in Lagos deserve to be shut down #justsaying

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ketoprofen(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
njideoby: All of you condemning de demolition of those shanties at old park are doing so becos you have never being there to see de eye sore called shops for yourselves.
Old park was never built for market or trading,it was meant for vehicles to be parked and for passengers,but our people drove out de vehicles out of de park to the road to constitute nuisance for innocent road users while they take over the park for market.
Ogbete main market is just across the railway close to de park,what prevents these aggrieved traders from going inside de main market for their business.
My people love sentiment die!

i knw where u are going to, but old park also harbours a market.
Now, they want to demolish it for shopping malls.
Is d park for malls too?
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by ProfOgogoro: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
The hypocrites are nowhere to be found,,,

Shameless folks..
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by agbameta: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:
The hypocrites are nowhere to be found,,,

Shameless folks..

And you wonder why this thread never reach 100 pages...

I guess Lagos brings out the hate and bitterness in them.. grin
Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by bloggernaija: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
The impetus is on the SW governor to sanitise our region and formalise the retail sector ,Like every other sector.
I think it is obvious to every yorubas and well wishers that we are on our own.
The train of progress must continue at pace without even giving a hoot on whose Ox is gored.
The hypocritical opinions of ungrateful visitors must be disregarded.
You cannot eat your cake and have it at the same time .
Our lands cannot be polluted and our sensibilities abused on the alter on a false one nigeria.
Order must be restored.

2 Likes

Re: 890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market by Eledan: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Their victimization and paranoid complex is mind boggling .....

They read conspiracy into every Fashola's actions targeted at sanitizing Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Governor Mimiko Disgraced And Treated Like A Criminal By The DSS / Tony Nwulu In Chieftancy Regalia As Christian Association Commends Achievements / INEC Declare Winner Presidential Election In First State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.