Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126591 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2015
Do we have Frederick Forsythe fans here?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2015
aydriano:
Read a review of red rising, sounds so much lyk d hunger games, divergent series.. nt realli a fan of teenage fantasy, so repetitive

Yeah, I second the review for the book. The summary does not do it any justice at all. The quality of the story and writing is far above any of the YA fiction you mentioned. Best of all the romance subplot is not what is driving the plot at least not in the usual way and is secondary to the gripping story being told.

You won't be disappointed reading it,

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 7:07am On Jun 26, 2015
SirChotas:
Do we have Frederick Forsythe fans here?

Present, but it's been a while since I read his books. The last I read was The Afghan a modestly interesting read.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 7:09am On Jun 26, 2015
SirChotas:

I doubt that you'll end up disappointed. smiley

Read a couple of pages before bed and so far it has stoked my interest. Not bad
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Present, but it's been a while since I read his books. The last I read was The Afghan a modestly interesting read.
I hated the ending of that book. Hated how our man sacrificed himself and will never appear in any book again. Safe it was though because he was already retired. I like The Fist Of God much better. Plus, I had never heard about the invasion of Kuwait until I read it.

D'u read Tom Clancy too?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2015
SirChotas:
I hated the ending of that book. Hated how our man sacrificed himself and will never appear in any book again. Safe it was though because he was already retired. I like The Fist Of God much better. Plus, I had never heard about the invasion of Kuwait until I read it.

D'u read Tom Clancy too?

How could I not read Tom Clancy. I think I have read almost every book in the Jack Ryanverse including the Red Rabbit, Clear and Present Danger, Executive Orders and many more. Tom Clancy was just a talented writer and did weave some very interesting stories even though many of his works had this very heavy technical slant. A great writer he was indeed.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

How could I not read Tom Clancy. I think I have read almost every book in the Jack Ryanverse including the Red Rabbit, Clear and Present Danger, Executive Orders and many more. Tom Clancy was just a talented writer and did weave some very interesting stories even though many of his works had this very heavy technical slant. A great writer he was indeed.

Wow! You may just be the first Nigerian I know who has covered the entire Jack Ryan universe. And the technicality, like you mentioned, is why I prefer Frederick Forsythe some of the time. Even though I got to read Clancy first. But then, I was still a kid in high school, maybe I'd enjoy his books much better now.

You follow the Jack Ryan Jr series too?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
Aite boss ama check out d series.. tanks for ur recommendations....
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Uduak757: 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm reading The NYSC Experience by Henry Batubo. A new nigerian writer. I'm in page 97, It is good!
check out the website>>>www.thenyscexperience.com

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 12:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Babe2sure:
"True blue" by David Baldacci. I'm on page 20.
Is it 1 of his sean king & michelle maxwell series?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 12:22am On Jun 28, 2015
The Eye of God by James Rollins.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by writywave(f): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
I'm reading An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. It's dystopian and the hottest debut of the year. This is the second time I'm reading it (planning on a third even. lolcheesy) I promise you never would regret reading a line of it.
Here's a link=
http://www.5novels.com/fantasticfiction/u5838.html
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by cadbury97: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
just finished reading 'the girl next door' by Jack ketchum. If you're a horror fan nd have not read that book, better get started Now!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by writywave(f): 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
aydriano:
Read a review of red rising, sounds so much lyk d hunger games, divergent series.. nt realli a fan of teenage fantasy, so repetitive

Personally, I think the only similarity between these books is the dystopian thing. Apart from that, they are very unique and original, though I didn't quite like Divergent. But it was still a very good and fun read.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by CorneliusSulla8: 12:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Witches Abroad by Terry Prachett
No granny like Esme weatherwax
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tushkid74:

Is it 1 of his sean king & michelle maxwell series?

Actually, this is my first time of reading his novel. So I don't know about the series.
The one am reading is about two sisters fighting crime in DC. I'm on page 62 now.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2015
Currently alternating between You Must Set Forth At Dawn Memoirs by Wole Soyinka and Freakonomics by Stephen Dubner & Steven Levitt.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Babe2sure:

Actually, this is my first time of reading his novel. So I don't know about the series.
The one am reading is about two sisters fighting crime in DC. I'm on page 62 now.
Ok..erm..whats d name of d main character
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nicholausian(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Reading There Was a Country by Chinua Achebe, page 74, #and afraid I'm missing some wisdom in it.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by philtrum(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Friends with full benefits by luke young .....pg64 (X) Born in Fire by Nora Roberts......pg40
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Tushkid74:

Ok..erm..whats d name of d main character

Mace Perry. Does that name ring a bell?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 4:56am On Jul 01, 2015
Babe2sure:

Mace Perry. Does that name ring a bell?
It doesnt. You should try to get Simple Genius too,its my favourite work of his.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 8:21am On Jul 01, 2015
Tushkid74:

It doesnt.
You should try to get Simple Genius too,its my favourite work of his.

Okay, I will. Thanks.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
You Must Set Forth At Dawn by Wole Soyinka is proving to be a very interesting read. Anyone else here read it? Last night I read the chapter about his request to return the Ori Olukun, amazing stuff.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2015
@moneyallowed
The final raven's shadow book is out.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@moneyallowed
The final raven's shadow book is out.
Yaay! Have you read it yet?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
moneyallowed:

Yaay! Have you read it yet?
still reading,
about 60% left .
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
SIRcumalot:
still reading, about 60% left .
Can you send it to me? Lemme mail you
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
moneyallowed:

Can you send it to me? Lemme mail you
drop your mail on this thread
i have some problem with nl mail account
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
SIRcumalot:
drop your mail on this thread i have some problem with nl mail account
butterbread90@gmail.com
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
moneyallowed:

butterbread90@gmail.com
i don send am.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
SIRcumalot:
i don send am.
Thanks bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.