Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126119 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Memunah(f): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2015
Presently reading 'Tiny sunbirds Faraway by Christie Watson
Page 101 now
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 7:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Upright Thinkers. Well I got it a couple of months ago but didn't read past the first 5 pages but I'm doubling down on it now.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kaycee7(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2015
I suddenly have a craving for a Karen Kingsbury novel.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by mtzion: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Reading: The Last Virgin Alive

Interested readers can get it free here: http://www.bookateria.net/books/the-last-virgin-alive-2-preview/

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nicholausian(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Reading Patricia Cornwell Postmortem, it's awkward when you already know a more mature version of something before you meet it in its less sure version. I mean I have read From Potter's Field and even a farther Trace, and now I can see where she came from. Indeed a best first novel.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nicholausian(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kaycee7:
I suddenly have a craving for a Karen Kingsbury novel.

Isn't she a Christian story writer? Read one of her books but was not impressed, I mean it was a lovely love story but after all the hype, I mean New York Times best selling author, I just felt disappointed.
If it were not hardback copy I would have suspected Onitcha and Aba did a number on the book.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kaycee7(m): 5:32am On Aug 01, 2015
nicholausian:

Isn't she a Christian story writer? Read one of her books but was not impressed, I mean it was a lovely love story but after all the hype, I mean New York Times best selling author, I just felt disappointed.
If it were not hardback copy I would have suspected Onitcha and Aba did a number on the book.
Yeah she is. What can I say. I'm feeling churchy @ d moment.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by invinzible1: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2015
Am reading Micheal Jackson: the magic the madness and the whole story by J. T Randy..
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Finished The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz a coupla days ago. Now reading Love and Obstacles by Aleksandar Hemon.

P.S: Aleksandar Hemon only learned English in his 20s and he's such a terrific writer that you won't believe it.

P.P.S: The first time time I read anything written by him was in this month a year ago. I read this memoir of his on Granta titled, 'If God Existed, He'd Be A Solid Midfielder'. It's a frigging brilliant piece.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by queenfav(f): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
Please is the 10000+ ebook reader back..saw it on someone's post about john grisham novels?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Now reading: A Road less traveled by Scott Peck. Page 103....
The book is a must read tho....
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Please who has any info on 1000+ e book reader? Is there any other app that serves function?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Naijasturf(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
The women of owu... Need it
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Memunah(f): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
A man of the people by Chinua Achebe...page 18
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Evangeline by d.w buffa, the man is a wonderful writer... makes one question d fine line btw necessity and freewilll.. btw good and bad, doin sumtn bad for a gud reason does it make one by default gud or bad... a moving book
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
Spillover: Animal Infections and the New Human Pandemic pg. 26

Exemplary science writer Quammen schools us in the fascinating if alarming facts about zoonotic diseases, animal infections that sicken humans, such as rabies, Ebola, influenza, and West Nile. Zoonoses can escalate rapidly into global pandemics when human-to-human transmission occurs, and Quammen wants us to understand disease dynamics and exactly what’s at stake. Drawing on the truly dramatic history of virology, he profiles brave and stubborn viral sleuths and recounts his own hair-raising field adventures, including helping capture large fruit bats in Bangladesh. Along the way, Quammen explains how devilishly difficult it is to trace the origins of a zoonosis and explicates the hidden process by which pathogens spill over from their respective reservoir hosts (water fowl, mosquitoes, pigs, bats, monkeys) and infect humans. We contract Lyme disease after it’s spread by black-legged ticks and white-footed mice, not white-tailed deer as commonly believed. The SARS epidemic involves China’s wild flavor trend and the eating of civets. Quammen’s revelatory, far-reaching investigation into AIDS begins in 1908 with a bloody encounter between a hunter and a chimpanzee in Cameroon. Zoonotic diseases are now on the rise due to our increasing population, deforestation, fragmented ecosystems, and factory farming. Quammen spent six years on this vital, in-depth tour de force in the hope that knowledge will engender preparedness. An essential work. --Donna Seaman

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 7:59am On Aug 25, 2015
I rarely ever read non-fiction but I had to see what this religion is all about.
GOING CLEAR : Sciencetology,hollywood and the prison of belief by lawerence Wright.

Religion can be a dangerous tool in the hands of charismatic people.

There is also a documentary on youtube by HBO.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by trublvr(f): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - page 183
Imajica by Clive Barker - page 122
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by danthamccoy(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Just got started on the Malazan series. Epic fantasy.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2015
The Wizard and the glass fourth book of the dark tower series by stephen King.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by MaryMarvis1(f): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins - Page 408
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nellyme(f): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello! A certain short story competition is
ongoing and one of our best writer in NL is
participating; the winner will be determined by
votes. Kindly show your love by voting for his
short story. Thank you and may God bless you
as you do so.
Vote "An Ace for Oscar" by Larry Sun in the link
below:
www.mobilebookshelf.com/poll/
You can read the short story (An Ace for Oscar
by Larry Sun) below:
www.mobilebookshelf.com/an-ace-for-oscar-
by-larry-sun/
Remember to tell others to vote, too. May God
bless your efforts. Thank you so much.
N:B ---Please remember to follow the instructions strictly to validate your vote.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
My Fight, Your Fight by Ronda Rousey

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by XKZ(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Three-Body Problem — Cixin Liu (27%)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kaycee7(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Finished Half of a Yellow Sun.
Now reading Americanah. Both by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

Na,ked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts) Loading...

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ucheofficial: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
Reading Americana by Chimamanda Adichie for the second time.Really great book.Worth reading twice
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by OpeQuadri(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
Page 258.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Black Swan by Nicolas Taleb. One of my favourite contemporary philosophers.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by slap1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
State of Wonder by Anne Patchet
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Self Inflicted Wounds by Aisha Tyler (pg 154)

A light humorous read. Lead to this book from being a long-time commute listener of her amazing podcast, Girl on Guy. Loveee her!

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Titugirl(f): 12:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Americanah by Chimamanda Adiche....pg495

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.