Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (24486 Views)

Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread / Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by sambos994(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
We're the most consistent team
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by spade: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nigeria has participated 17 times, and out of those 17 times, we've walked away with 14 trophies. My broda, no be small thing oooo.
Atleast it shows the fighting spirit that we strive "never to carry last".
"Walahi, if we no win gold, make we atleast walk out with something".

Ghana gotta step up their game for real, truth be told.
Last time they won the trophy, there were only 8 teams playing. And 2 out of the 4 times they won, there were only 6 teams playing. They briefly stepped up their game from 2007-2011, but e be like say dem don begin slack again with that overpraised Captain Asamoah Gyan wey no even get balls to take simple Penalty kicks (Seriously GFA, why does that guy still have a jersey?).

Cameroun na die. Their spot is well earned, mehn. Out of the 4 trophies dem win, 3 of dem na on top our head dem actualize the dream cry grin

3 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Evestar200(f): 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
chriskwaku:

u not being black but white, I expected better than this babaldash
u dont have to reply some1 who cant make his point without insulting a nation

2 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by collynzo2(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
chriskwaku:

Lol . say whatever u want. same can be said of madrid in a way. but seriously Gh needs to step its game.
Liverpool is more like it. They haven't won the EPL since it took on its new format in 1992, just as Ghana hasn't won AFCON since it became a 16 team competition.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by qualityovenbake(m): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello jarus, please I posted some questions on the tax forum. Please I would need your answer asap. Thanks
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
i hate the fact that cameroon took most of our trophies, including the one they rob us of in 2000 angry
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by chriskwaku: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
spade: Nigeria has participated 17 times, and out of those 17 times, we've walked away with 14 trophies. My broda, no be small thing oooo.
Atleast it shows the fighting spirit that we strive "never to carry last".
"Walahi, if we no win gold, make we atleast walk out with something".

Ghana gotta step up their game for real, truth be told.
Last time they won the trophy, there were only 8 teams playing. And 2 out of the 4 times they won, there were only 6 teams playing. They briefly stepped up their game from 2007-2011, but e be like say dem don begin slack again with that overpraised Captain Asamoah Gyan wey no even get balls to take simple Penalty kicks (Seriously GFA, why does that guy still have a jersey?).

Cameroun na die. Their spot is well earned, mehn. Out of the 4 trophies dem win, 3 of dem na on top our head dem actualize the dream cry grin

Our best chance was when we hosted in 2008 but cameroun shoved us aside.with regards to Gyan, even though he gives us BP at times the guy is the best striker we have for now. I hear he is our all time top scorer with 38 goals to his credit
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by abdulkayus(m): 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Cameroun has won d cup 4 times, bt for d fact dat dey won d first 3 on our head is always painful. I dont like thinkin of it, even though we are rob of some sha. Bt SE tried, participating 17 times and winnin 14 medals is nt an easy feat. D accusation of Ghana of winnin d trophy last in 1982 wen d tournament is only of 6 to 8 cant be said of d Egyptian cos dey hav 3 lastest trophy at a row, 2006, 2008, 2010. Dos guys are beast.
SE will soon top dem, God willing
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ejovwoke: Egypt=local champ

Exactly Egypt only perform on the African continent because most of their players are home based so they are always around for the nations cup while west african teams such as Ghana, Nigeria and others most of the times don't have their full squad.

Egypt always get trash by outside African teams. Let's not also forget under 20 and under 17 teams which Ghana and Nigeria do really well.

1. Ghana
2. Nigeria/Cameroon
4. Egypt
5. Ivory coast
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by dozzygr8(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
I knw say, one day Naija will carry first.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by dozzygr8(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sageez: how does this affect ASUU ?
hmmmm
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by topman0310(m): 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nigeria is still the best even when at number 4
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by nijanigga: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
adebayor1490: Nigeria is becoming the best,its just a matter of time. We will soon be number 1 in every good list.
This is a joke. Or wait until such a time. For now, you sound eagerly optimistic
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by AbuMikey(m): 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
emmanuel4758: putin ghana on dat list is nt acceptable cuz ghana no deserve it at all but god says in revelation doin end time blackest nation in d world wil claim possition dat does nt belng to dem .so my broda and my sister get prepard for end time tinz.
Vladmir Putin shockedshocked
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by shadrach77: 11:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
This compilation is faulty. It took me only 30 seconds of opening rhe thread to discover the flaw. Nigeria was 2nd in the Nations cup thrice not twice! We were 2nd 1988, 1990 and 2000 angry angry angry angry
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Krasid(m): 12:23am On Sep 14, 2013
shadrach77: This compilation is faulty. It took me only 30 seconds of opening rhe thread to discover the flaw. Nigeria was 2nd in the Nations cup thrice not twice! We were 2nd 1988, 1990 and 2000 angry angry angry angry
Check again.Nigeria was 2nd in the Nations cup four times.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 14, 2013
SHUTUP! How are we sure you are an undergraduate?!!! These days kids behave like they are sick of ASUU's strike but they are just enjoying it! angry

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Ironi: 2:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Ghana is still superior to Nigeria. They have consistently whipped Nigeria's asss in their last 4 meetings or so. Not until Nigeria beats Ghana again they should show respect to that country and stop the yeye. angry angry grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nedlog(m): 2:29am On Sep 14, 2013
and how dos ASUU affect football?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by AlyricistLaura: 3:08am On Sep 14, 2013
9jadelta: I don't think Ghana deserve that position, technically yes, but if we look at when they won it, they don't deserve it at all.
but Cameroon deserve that second position

lol wth
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by iwanchop(m): 3:15am On Sep 14, 2013
hisxlency: @ op, do u actually expect me to go through all dat ?
Lazy Lazy
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by iwanchop(m): 3:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Krasid: Check again.Nigeria was 2nd in the Nations cup four times.

Yeah,beaten by Cameroun three times,Algeria once
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Ndjones(m): 3:47am On Sep 14, 2013
shadrach77: This compilation is faulty. It took me only 30 seconds of opening rhe thread to discover the flaw. Nigeria was 2nd in the Nations cup thrice not twice! We were 2nd 1988, 1990 and 2000 angry angry angry angry
Four times 1984, 1988 (beaten by Cameroon); 1990 (beaten by Algeria); 2000 (beaten by Cameroon)
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by oyedun82(m): 4:22am On Sep 14, 2013
xo ur own eye nor dey see beta thing? smh
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by PetroDollas: 4:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Krasid: Once upon a time, it was Ghana 4 Nations Cup, Nigeria 1 Nations Cup.

Now it is Ghana 4, Nigeria 3.

Soon....
For Ghana, winning AFCON is no longer a priority. Even countries like zambia and our perennial wife/neighbour are winning AFCON. very soon somalia sef will win afcon. fuckeuppedness.

Ghana is targeting the world cup. let the small boys play afcon while the big boys show their stuff on the world stage,huh? A quarter--final at the last world cup-and the only african country to get that far -was very good- but Ghanaians know they can improve on that in Brazil. so that's challenge. why would you be interested in a trophy you've won four times already? In fact one of the cups is permanently here with us here in Accra. We retired the cup.

For me, a semi-final finish in the world up is by far a bigger and better achievement than an AFCON title. As a matter of fact, a quarter-final berth at any world cup is worth more than being an african champion. you know why? how many countries have won AFCON compared with how many african countries have ever made it to the q-final of the world cup? fuckeduppedness

4 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by PetroDollas: 4:38am On Sep 14, 2013
collynzo2: Liverpool is more like it. They haven't won the EPL since it took on its new format in 1992, just as Ghana hasn't won AFCON since it became a 16 team competition.
utter crap cool shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Madrid Suffer Shock Away Defeat To Hand Title Advantage To Barca / Dillian Whyte Reacts After Being Knocked Out By Povetkin, Reveals Next Plan / Asisat Oshoala Defends Falz For Blasting Yahoo Boys And Their Praise Singers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.