Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (24480 Views)

Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread / Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Arsenate(m): 5:10am On Sep 14, 2013
PetroDollas: For Ghana, winning AFCON is no longer a priority. Even countries like zambia and our perennial wife/neighbour are winning AFCON. very soon somalia sef will win afcon. fuckeuppedness.

Ghana is targeting the world cup. let the small boys play afcon while the big boys show their stuff on the world stage,huh? A quarter--final at the last world cup-and the only african country to get that far -was very good- but Ghanaians know they can improve on that in Brazil. so that's challenge. why would you be interested in a trophy you've won four times already? In fact one of the cups is permanently here with us here in Accra. We retired the cup.

For me, a semi-final finish in the world up is by far a bigger and better achievement than an AFCON title. As a matter of fact, a quarter-final berth at any world cup is worth more than being an african champion. you know why? how many countries have won AFCON compared with how many african countries have ever made it to the q-final of the world cup? fuckeduppedness

lol, No team/country ever gets tired of winning trophies. If you really mean what you are saying, why does Ghana participates in the Afcon in the first place? I mean, how can someone not win a trophy in over 30 years and still claims that the trophy is unimportant or is beneath them? Lol. This is the funniest poo ever. Is like Liverpool saying they're tired of winning the premier league, lmao.
Bro, the simple truth is your team isn't good enough anymore.
Btw; Cameroon, Senegal, have all reached the quarters of the world cup so Ghana's 2010 exploits is nothing special.

7 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by dejijohns(m): 5:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Wish 9ja had participated in d '96 & 98' editions of AFCON, our medal haul might be higher dan dix...
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Ironi: 5:27am On Sep 14, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Lol at you Naijas always ripping on Ghanaians and their dark skin!

Flat-nosed-Sooth-faced baboon making fun of somebody's skin colour. lipsrsealed undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Smooyis(m): 5:43am On Sep 14, 2013
After all said and done, i want the same analysis for African Women Football Championship. Make we see who go beat naija. Our women no dey gree. Naija no dey carry last. Respect for our female footballers!

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by russianmob27: 5:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Chairman, for your mind you don yan beta, for your mind you funny like mad
emmanuel4758: putin ghana on dat list is nt acceptable cuz ghana no deserve it at all but god says in revelation doin end time blackest nation in d world wil claim possition dat does nt belng to dem .so my broda and my sister get prepard for end time tinz.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Austeenxx: 6:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Kingmojo:

Exactly Egypt only perform on the African continent because most of their players are home based so they are always around for the nations cup while west african teams such as Ghana, Nigeria and others most of the times don't have their full squad.

Egypt always get trash by outside African teams. Let's not also forget under 20 and under 17 teams which Ghana and Nigeria do really well.

1. Ghana
2. Nigeria/Cameroon
4. Egypt
5. Ivory coast

what the hell is this?

Crap! Crap! Crap!
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by BankuTilapia: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2013
Krasid: Once upon a time, it was Ghana 4 Nations Cup, Nigeria 1 Nations Cup.

Now it is Ghana 4, Nigeria 3.

Soon....

World cup quarter finalist, try n achieve dat one too den u can rub shoulder wit us. grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by BankuTilapia: 6:45am On Sep 14, 2013
Krasid: Once upon a time, it was Ghana 4 Nations Cup, Nigeria 1 Nations Cup.

Now it is Ghana 4, Nigeria 3.

Soon....

And u r not phucking ashamed dat a huge country like Nigeria is always trying to catch up wit Ghana grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by mooregan(m): 6:59am On Sep 14, 2013
Na so Ghana people full nairaland?? Suen go soon open Cedesland for una.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Artlove(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2013
Hahahah.. Naija and gayna leave dat lazy africa cup matter joor. Let try our best on worldcup. U knw am nigerian boi loving with beauty cameroonain gal. I no want wahala ooo. I love camerooooooon d beauty indomitable lion.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Ninilowo(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2013
wman:
You're one of the silly youths whose whole life is influenced by their University degree. NO ONE FORCED YOU TO OPEN THIS THREAD. GET OUT!!!
GBAM!
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Theben(m): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

World cup quarter finalist, try n achieve dat one too den u can rub shoulder wit us. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Getting to the world cup quarter final isn't an achievement. Only Ghanaians take that as an achievement. You have to wait until trophies or medals are presented to quarter finalists before you start boasting about it.

5 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Tookute(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2013
#80million:
So what should i do with this Information?
Can i take it to Zenith Bank on Monday morning?
Shioor!

grin grin
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by ayusco: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2013
Olympic soccer gold medallist achieve that then u can talk so 'I reach qfinal' is now a trophy looool cameroun n senegal wey reach before una no dey make yanga smh noisy neighbours.
Banku&Tilapia:

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by PStacks(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2013
If not for the kind of people we are and the leaders we have produced in the past 30 years, Nigeria is supposed to muscle every country in Africa both in Economy and Finance, Industry and industralization, Sports, Education, Health care, every other thing, Nigeria is suppose to muscle every African country but what do we have? Rascality and Criminality. Countries as small as Ghana are even better than us in sports and Nations Cup, Ghana is even almost better than Us in almost everything.

I believe on day, Nigeria would still be great sha!

2 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Arsenate(m): 8:09am On Sep 14, 2013
"We don't take the AFCON seriously. The trophy is beneath us. We've got our eyes set on the World cup"
Translation:
We know we are not good enough and we will never win the AFCON again; so it's best we play down it's importance.

2 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Afritop(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2013
This buttress the fact that Naija no dey carry last. Once we are in the semi final we either collect a medal rather than going home empty handed
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by blackweaver(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2013
Jarus: FACTS

3, I wasn't born the last time one of our neighbours won. And I'm 30+ plus cheesy

bros ivory coast won in 1992, cameroun in 2000/2002
unless you want to say that these countries aren't our neighbours
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Cameroon. Others na joke
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by spade: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Arsenate: "We don't take the AFCON seriously. The trophy is beneath us. We've got our eyes set on the World cup"
Translation:
We know we are not good enough and we will never win the AFCON again; so it's best we play down it's importance.

As in! I wonder the type of person who brags about "getting to Quarter Finals" like say trophy dey am grin
Like in February, some of them even started saying they didn't care about winning AFCON, but only cared about their FIFA ranking!!! grin shocked
With the 20-something position wey dem rank dem so?

Nigeria is the only African country to make it to FIFA's Top 5 in the ranking table, but that ain't worth a shhitt to mature-minded people.

If we begin dey brag about our Olympic Soccer GOLD medal, wetin dem go now come talk? grin

If we begin dey brag about the fact that our female soccer team has won AFCON a record 6 solid times, wetin dem go now come do?

"World Cup Quarter finals. Acheive that, and then come rub shoulders with us" --- LMAO!!! grin

Until they actually start handing out trophies for Quarter-Finalists, that so-called feat ain't worth my morning piss! grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Artlove: Hahahah.. Naija and gayna leave dat lazy africa cup matter joor. Let try our best on worldcup. U knw am nigerian boi loving with beauty cameroonain gal. I no want wahala ooo. I love camerooooooon d beauty indomitable lion.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by abduldope(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2013
guy u DaFt! ? U see egyPT 7 n u still de ask wch nation de successful Ok d ansa na NiGEr-REPUbLiQ Mtchwww paRk weLL abg
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by uromicom: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2013
imagine small Ghana self still dey call them self country shm
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Artlove(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: .
abi u no like am?
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by chriskwaku: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2013
uromi.com:
imagine small Ghana self still dey call them self country shm

hahaaa. ok we no call ourself country. so what u go call Cape verde.,Mauritius.,Gabon,Equitorial Guinea, Singapore.,Qatar and Uruguay who are comparitvely smaller than Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2013
You are all arguing about nations cup with Ghana and nobody remember to mention 1996 Olympics.
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by godwinony(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Artlove: Hahahah.. Naija and gayna leave dat lazy africa cup matter joor. Let try our best on worldcup. U knw am nigerian boi loving with beauty cameroonain gal. I no want wahala ooo. I love camerooooooon d beauty indomitable lion.
Trying to parse your syntax..
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by BankuTilapia: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2013
Theben:
Getting to the world cup quarter final isn't an achievement. Only Ghanaians take that as an achievement. You have to wait until trophies or medals are presented to quarter finalists before you start boasting about it.

Wot an eeeeediot u r, reaching a world cup quarter finals is not an achievement? It's not an achievement if we been der b4. Use ur head dumb nigerian

1 Like

Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by 4peace(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2013
FACTS DEDUCED FROM ABOVE

1.Most deadly at final match-Egypt 8 times(7 wins,1 loss) compare to Ghana 8 times(4 wins,4 losses)

2.Odd-Egypt 7 Gold,3 Bronze
Nigeria 7 Bronze,3 Gold
Re: Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup by emiye(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2013
From the stats, Nigeria is the most decorated team in AFCON, with 14 medals , followed by Egypt, Ghana, Cameroon and Senegal in that order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Madrid Suffer Shock Away Defeat To Hand Title Advantage To Barca / Dillian Whyte Reacts After Being Knocked Out By Povetkin, Reveals Next Plan / Asisat Oshoala Defends Falz For Blasting Yahoo Boys And Their Praise Singers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.