Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? (15660 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / How To Handle A Child's Tantrum In Public? / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Les: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
This reminds me of when my baby girl was sharing money in the church, her offering money. And comes back for another one. Well, all the people she shared money to returned them with alot of extras cool cool eh, I love you so much ••••• cry kiss
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by chucky234(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
freecocoa: Kai tpia sha never disappoints grin grin grin.
My love where have you been? Searched everywhere for you my angel,missed you load.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by immortalcrown(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
This website is gradually becoming less prestigious due to childish topics.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Audukaya: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Na spanking is too harsh. Moreso given his age. You sef know that babies can be more bothersome than that. Here's a bit of me. At about the age of the child mentioned in the OP I had a phobia for lifts. The reason as I can articulate now was simple: when a lift starts to ascend your heart does a little fillip and this scared me and my response was to cry because I disliked the sensation. My Dad in particular suffered carrying me on lifts at that age. On one occassion I cried as loud as I could but my Dad didn't spank me. In any case I outgrew it later on. The lesson here is that there'll be some things little kids do that are embarassing but inasmuch as it is within reason, especially of the timidity we know of kids. We should give them time and encourage them to outgrow it. Beating isn't needed.
i am a train special educationist. Spear the rod and spoild the child

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by chucky234(m): 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
freecocoa: Kai tpia sha never disappoints grin grin grin.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by lalaboi(m): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
Spank the naughtiness out of the spoilt little thing. . . grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by agent9(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
agent9: read dis pls
http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102013243
Perfect! cool Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by agent9(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe: Perfect! cool Thanks

u are welcome....
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by hotshotpeter(m): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Oh my sweet Jesus! What in damnation am I seeing as replies here?

Distract him, talk to him... bah. That's puppy poo and won't achieve diddly squat!

Most people underestimate kids especially at that age. Trust me he/she knows what he's doing.

When we were growing up my angel (my mum) used her EYES to give directions!

Host: What do you want to eat?

(We'd promptly and as if on cue, all 4 of us, look at my mum 4 commands! If you get that "LOOK". You automatically KNOW that you're not hungry again)

The look just doesn't happen automatically, it takes time and the ability to wield that koboko like Kenshin Himura!

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Koboko... restoring Nigerian children to their default settings!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
lalaboi: Spank the naughtiness out of the spoilt little thing. . . grin
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him -Prov 22 vs 15

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
tpia@:

how many threads do you psychos need to open to abuse people's children?

first its they're disturbing you on a plane/bus, now its they're disturbing you elsewhere.

maybe you should consider moving to a no-kids zone if your brain is constantly disturbed by the sight of kids?

what is really i.diotic is the fact that should seun or mukina say its their kids who are doing whatever you say is getting your goat in public, you asss kissing sycophants will be falling over yourselves in a slobberfest and attacking anyone who says otherwise!

se na because neither of them has claimed any kid yet, so you feel its cool to be bashing children anyhow, bunch of intolerant freaks.
you're taking things too far! Shuoo!

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by lalaboi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him -Prov 22 vs 15

cheesy

Spare the rod and spoil the child. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Sike(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
aniffy4eva: I give him "the look" and say his name sternly (and only once).

PERIOD!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
dhtml14: @topic, by flogging the child with an END-TIME-WHIP!
LOL!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by freecocoa(f): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
chucky234: My love where have you been? Searched everywhere for you my angel,missed you load.
oh my heartbeat, I've been here and there o and I missed you way more than you know.wink
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
chucky234: OP you never born and you don already dey do the mathematics how you go take dey spank the pikin, abeg take am easy, comot dat spanking grammar for your dictionary make the pikin get peace when him or she arrive .
The best way to deal with a child is to develop a healthy communication culture with the child from toddler,that way the child understands when you say intend to "stop" and mean it.
My daughter understands that,I dont spank her because there is always no need to.

too many god forsaken bullies in this place!

the only thing they know how to do sit on their miserable behinds and attack others, awon oloribuku alailojuti.

would you like to bet this crappy op's kids would be worse than anything she's describing here?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe: I saw one at the bank yesterday. The child should be about 2 years old. He refused to be carried by the mum preferring to seat on the floor blocking people's way. If the mum tried to carry him, he started to cry. I felt like spanking him real hard grin. I pitied for the mother shaa, see disturbance grin.

a two year old baby, and you say you will be a mother someday?

God help your spawn!

all the mother has to do is carry him out of the place you bozo! What is there to spank in a two year old, was that how you were spanked when you were two?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
tpia@:

too many god forsaken bullies in this place!

the only thing they know how to do sit on their miserable behinds and attack others, awon oloribuku alailojuti.

would you like to bet this crappy op's kids would be worse than anything she's describing here?
seriously you need to release the bitterness and hate in ur mind. U sound like a very bitter person

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by xamuel17(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe: I saw one at the bank yesterday. The child should be about 2 years old. He refused to be carried by the mum preferring to seat on the floor blocking people's way. If the mum tried to carry him, he started to cry. I felt like spanking him real hard grin. I pitied for the mother shaa, see disturbance grin.

am sure that shld be an ajebo pikin,, a kpako pikin no fit try am naw
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
booqee: seriously you need to release the bitterness and hate in ur mind. U sound like a very bitter person
Babe, E be like say plenty time dey your hand. You get time

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Wiseoldman: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
A good spank!!!

ohh my....ill spank that naughty kid till he is straight....lol

All of u anti-beating couples should change, and hit ur kids a bit....save the world from a future cry baby adult!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
op

if dem born you well, beat another person's child in public like that, you will get the mental health assistance you desperately need!

bully!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
oh see i was right afterall concerning u harbouring such bitterness in ur mind. cheesy you sound like a lonely and depressed woman.. This topic never reach d level wey u dey take am. I also don't support spankin a child..a 2yr old for dat matter. But u seem to be proving ur point in a very unnecessary harsh way. As in cool down!! You're all over d thread sounding like a fresh mad woman(no offense)

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
Seun! we need an 'ignore' button on Nairaland o cool

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Terrible Twos

Every day, I suit up for battle. It's not just the usual twice-a-day stuff like "I don't wanna go." or "I don't wanna eat that for breakfast."

I'm talking about something every hour. Telling me that all the tags in her clothes are itchy and that she hates toast, even though she had eight pieces the day before. Getting up in her brother's face like The Gooch, ripping anything and everything away from him so that he'll never enjoy a moment of his childhood. Falling to the ground, claiming her "knees hurt" when I ask her to walk up the stairs, as I stand behind her holding eight grocery bags and her brother around my neck. Protesting that something is too cold or hot when it's the exact opposite. Refusing to get in the bathtub because she thinks the flower petals from her bath fizzy are dirt. And reenacting Indian war dances as soon as I get on the phone with my student loan reps. Screaming, pushing, punching, biting, spitting, back-talking, karate kicks and testicle head butts. All in a day's work.

So, you could imagine the joy I experienced a few months ago when we began sending her to preschool two days a week.

Anyway, Ava's parent-teacher conference was yesterday. I had to go. Not that I HAD to go, I WANTED to go. I WANTED to see what her teachers had to say about this straight-up bullsh*t that was going down. I wanted to count the wrinkles and gray hairs that she's given them since September. I wanted to confirm that she made short work of them, as I strutted around the room like a rooster, bobbing my head, flapping my elbows and cock-a-doodle-doodling in your face!

But I kept my cool. For a few minutes, anyway.

My wife and I walked in and sat down. We exchanged a few pleasantries and the teacher began...

"Your daughter is amazing. Your daughter follows directions and always cleans up after herself. Your daughter respects and gets along with the other kids. Your daughter shares well and is courteous. Your daughter is a good friend. Your daughter is a joy to have in this class."

I looked over at my wife with a furrowed brow and with only my eyes, said, Who in the hell is this girl she keeps calling my daughter?

Clearly, this woman is on drugs, or maybe she's got Alzheimer's, God bless her.

MY daughter boycotted bananas because she once saw a housefly land on one. MY daughter pulls and stretches the hell out of a brand new shirt, throws it on the living room floor and then tells me it doesn't fit. MY daughter screams at me like Sam Kinison to not look at her while she's pooping.

So, who was this Jekyll n' Hyde? Where did she come from?

According to her teacher, this is somewhat common. Kids learn quickly how to manipulate their parents and know exactly what buttons to push and when. Perhaps it's an early stage of rebellion rooted in her trying to find her independence.

Fine. I get it. That makes sense. I need a helmet, some Kevlar body armor and a therapist for the next few months. Done deal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adrian-kulp/terrible-twos-easy-like-sunday-morning_b_3084587.html
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NLERS ARE ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.