Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. (56611 Views)

Please Sign This Petition To Increase Nigeria's Minimum Wage. / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / How Long It Takes To Earn USA Minimum Wage Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by akpan123(m): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
l don t think where u reside matters but rather how best u make use of your time to achieve your goals and objective in life.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Psalhadeen: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
ayobase: The state of California's minimum wage of $10 (N1,500) per hour to start by 2016. It seems it is about $8 (N1,200)at the moment.

A US citizen that works 10 hrs daily for 20 days gets approximately N300,000 ($2,000) per month!

Nigeria's is N18,500 ($123) per month. Meaning N92 ($0.6) per hour pay.

Why won't people wanna run go greener pasture.

#Im just saying ni o#

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/9/12/bill-set-to-raisecaliforniaminimumwageto10.html

N.B. Not dt am supporting govt,am not one of dm.But they pay taxes in d u.s of a,as for Nig they rarely deduct tax from d minimum wage;whenever they do they remove a relatively small sum of money dt u can throw inside a lagoon without blinking eyelid.Though there is still room 4 improvement 4 FG 'cos there're some states paying N19K-N20K as min wage.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by GhaliNaaba(m): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
coolCall for your COLOURED TOWER ALUMINIUM ROOFING. , ALUZINC, PVC (selling & installation) @ cheaper rates.

Contact>

senatorbimbola@yahoo.com
adesiyanabimbola@gmail.com
+234-8159831269
+234-810-7273-736
+234-8181-6111-49
pin:295CE69E
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by eluquenson(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
mayten30: chai see what poverty has done to ur life?poverty has made you think you must be a billionaire to live in lekki real axis where the rich are gathering,find any real estate person around you and ask him if you can get * 2 bedroom flat at real lekki and not the slum for 50k-to 70 k per month before u come here to spit on my body.
May be na me send ur papa make him no fit rent house for lekki ni

LWKM... cheesy
Mind you am living fine & stop forming richkid or wizkid cos we are on a faceless forum.
Mr Lekki... elenu tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by unmask: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Let's stop deceiving ourselves, being patriotic is one thing, ignoring the fact is another......whether you feel good about it or not....if you are poor in naija....your life is a living hell....but when you are rich....you can always diss the USA.....different strokes

3 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by victorv12(m): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Our leaders don't like us than to oppress us that's why our minimum wage is low. The jungle fever lifestyle of wanting to standout among the rest is killing us. That's why someone can steal so much billions for his family without thinking about others. And they make sure our labour laws are ineffective to their own benefits.

But in the west, the reason for having a better welfare package system is that they make use of their money effectively under checks and balances that's well structured towards having a small scale business that's properly monitored compared to ours. For example, their goverment utilizes their tax money by creating more jobs and paying goverment workers adequately with other welfare packages. But in our country, 85 percent of our money is spent on goverment recurrent expenditures. Like ordering of gold plated Iphones, brand new suv's, over bloated executive payments and contracts, luxury hotel lifestyle and some other irrelevant goverment tinz that won't allow them to succumb to any increment of our labour force wage. Our leaders believe the labour force must "suffer" before thinking about any increment. Now the situation is even more pathetic! They eat your pension money and make sure you wail before you die!

3 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
abeg forget those dat are sayin we shouldn't compare nigeria with u.s, tho we're lucky ere cos we don't have to deal with taxes problem, but let us say the truth, N18,500 is too small! angry
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Minimum wage or not,how much do a nigerian living in usa earn per month?most of them earn below 5000 dollars per month unless if you are into drug business,am saying this from a fact and proof and not assumption,now with the average of them earning 3000 dollars per month yes it is huge right after he or she pays house rent,taxes and expenses on food and some other things he finally has about 1000 dollars to save,which is about 160000 naira,here with the help of forex trading and sport betting I earn just 300k per month though not as much as an average nigerian may be earning over-there,so at the end of the day I save at least 180k in a month and I spend the remaining 120k to live a very wonderful life and live in the kind of house I want,eat the kind of food I want to eat,do clubbing,enjoy myself,even feel very important,and have enough rest of mind to serve my GOD so am happy to be a nigerian and live in naija,and if u wan to go and live in america u are free,everyone cannot stay in nigeria,even if naija is the best country in the world people that will leave naija will leave,are u not surprised when you still some americans still going to other countries to live there?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
eluquenson:

If you pay 10,000naira a month in your flat that means you live in a slum like makoko, ajegunle or you are living in a remote area, oga USA economy is better, they are the #1 World economy, let that stick into ur skull.
nobody is disputing the fact that America's economy is better than Nigeria. get that into ur skull. 1000usd house is USA will also be slum, u will have to pay more to get descent home in the county, get it?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by chucky234(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
yinkard4me: hmmm! Epistle of a loser... With your written english, i bet u wont last 2hrs before ure deported.
LMAO
O boy dat guy English wear coat ooo.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by iyobs7(f): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
It is ridiculous to know that Nigerians are so uneducated and so blind to reasoning, the guy said minimum wage, as an engineer, a medical doctor or a computer scientist working for either Microsoft john Hopkins university, they will earn more than that. if u want to spend the rest of ur life earning minimum wage then it is up to u. Great things start small.

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by emmatok(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Guys we are talking about minimum wages here(lowest salary).

Considering purchasing power-US is better
Infrastructure-US is better
Accommodation -US is better.

In US you can afford
a good laptop for less Than $200
Good accommodation less than $500
Good used car less than $1000
Feed on less than $100 a day.
All these on minimum wage(lowest payment)

But in Nigeria a graduate earning 150k per month(more than minimum wage)
Will save for 5months to get a house
Save for 2 months to by a good laptop
Save for six months to buy a used car.

See why people rush to the US.

9 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by deebsman1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
wise_many2k: No place like home!

I love 9ja, I no go lie... Na inside am I go live and prosper cool

Wen u turn 70, u go still talk am now........even in d scriptures, pple migrates from 1 place to d oda wen they feel there is need for migration.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by emmatok(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
mayten30: Minimum wage or not,how much do a nigerian living in usa earn per month?most of them earn below 5000 dollars per month unless if you are into drug business,am saying this from a fact and proof and not assumption,now with the average of them earning 3000 dollars per month yes it is huge right after he or she pays house rent,taxes and expenses on food and some other things he finally has about 1000 dollars to save,which is about 160000 naira,here with the help of forex trading and sport betting I earn just 300k per month though not as much as an average nigerian may be earning over-there,so at the end of the day I save at least 180k in a month and I spend the remaining 120k to live a very wonderful life and live in the kind of house I want,eat the kind of food I want to eat,do clubbing,enjoy myself,even feel very important,and have enough rest of mind to serve my GOD so am happy to be a nigerian and live in naija,and if u wan to go and live in america u are free,everyone cannot stay in nigeria,even if naija is the best country in the world people that will leave naija will leave,are u not surprised when you still some americans still going to other countries to live there?

We are talking about people working for salary here and not lottery players.

If you can save 160000 In us .
How many Nigerian graduates can save 50000 par month.

5 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by eluquenson(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
emmatok: Guys we are talking about minimum wages here(lowest salary).

Considering purchasing power-US is better
Infrastructure-US is better
Accommodation -US is better.

In US you can afford
a good laptop for less Than $200
Good accommodation less than $500
Good used car less than $1000
Feed on less than $100 a day.
All these on minimum wage(lowest payment)

But in Nigeria a graduate earning 150k per month(more than minimum wage)
Will save for 5months to get a house
Save for 2 months to by a good laptop
Save for six months to buy a used car.

See why people rush to the US.

That's a simple truth for those who care to understand, Nigeria top the list of people seeking Visa to the US, Nigeria top the list on Visa Lottery Winners yet some idiots will say living in US is costly due to tax, people always form patriotic yet, they end up queuing for Visa at the embassy.
Gamblers.

5 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by iyobs7(f): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wait and someone is even talking about house rent compared to USA
Lets say u receive 18k monthly in Nigeria and that amounts to 216000 per annum and
at the end of the day u get urself a NICE 2-3 bedroom flat in Benin city which is about 120k in Abuja self contain u go see for about 150-200k and u are here talking about house rent is expensive in America abeg make una dey talk well abeg...
I hate hypocrites and those living in california or USA or abroad that is complaining, please come back home biko angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by dinggle: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Your minimum wage calculation is absolutely wrong because it excludes cost of living. Did you inform the public $8/hr though minimum wage isn't a living wage?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by pastor4real: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
@atlwireles: You are right about your comment. $10/hr in California is nothing. At present the minimum wage is $8/hr, that is $1280 a month (i.e $8 x 8 hours x 20 days). remember this money will be taxed, you will end up going home with around $800 to $900 depending on your situation. $800 cannot even rent an apartment. That is more reason people are working 2 to 3 jobs.

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
emmatok:

and how many nigerian living in usa can save that one thousand dollars you talking about in america?so many nigerians over there live a good life but do not have enough money to save,that is why some even find it hard to even send even 200 dollars monthly to their parents in nigeria,you can live a good life in usa but not as some people think,some people even believe that when you get to america you will become very rich without any stress at all.

2 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by adconline(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
mayten30: Minimum wage or not,how much doenigerian living in usa earn per month?most of them earn below 5000 dollars per month unless if you are into drug business,am saying this from a fact and proof and not assumption,now with the average of them earning 3000 dollars per month yes it is huge right after he or she pays house rent,taxes and expenses on food and some other things he finally has about 1000 dollars to save,which is about 160000 naira,here with the help of forex trading and sport betting I earn just 300k per month though not as much as an average nigerian may be earning over-there,so at the end of the day I save at least 180k in a month and I spend the remaining 120k to live a very wonderful life and live in the kind of house I want,eat the kind of food I want to eat,do clubbing,enjoy myself,even feel very important,and have enough rest of mind to serve my GOD so am happy to be a nigerian and live in naija,and if u wan to go and live in america u are free,everyone cannot stay in nigeria,even if naija is the best country in the world people that will leave naija will leave,are u not surprised when you still some americans still going to other countries to live there?
Delusion of Grandeur. If $5000 is small change for most Naija in US, how much do most bankers in Naija earn? 5k a month=$60k/yr=N10,000,000.00. How many Nigerians in Naija earn up to $18k/N3m/yr? Compare a Naija with a BS in US who is gainfully employed with a Naija in Naija with same qualification. From engineers to doctors, the pay is abysmal.
Now back to minimum wage, compare a gate man's pay of N18k with a security officer's pay in the US $7.25/hr. Sexurity officer has a car, a house, TV, fridge. Compare rents in Lekki to Rents in NYC. Compare Naija best with Yankee's best and Naija worst ro Yankee's worst!

5 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
iyobs7: Wait and someone is even talking about house rent compared to USA
Lets say u receive 18k monthly in Nigeria and that amounts to 216000 per annum and
at the end of the day u get urself a NICE 2-3 bedroom flat in Benin city which is about 120k in Abuja self contain u go see for about 150-200k and u are here talking about house rent is expensive in America abeg make una dey talk well abeg...
I hate hypocrites and those living in california or USA or abroad that is complaining, please come back home biko angry angry angry
the graduate can get just a single room for 4k to 5k right?I bet you to get a single room at usa you will spend nothing less than 200 dollars in a month which is 32000 naira,so what are u saying?and also I have not included the tax you will pay over there ooo
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by eluquenson(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
emmatok:

People here in Naija are scammers, they hide under one profession but yet they scam people of all sorts, for a graduate to save 50,000 a month is not easy & those saving that amount here must be earning high. Many people have become day gamblers just because they can't make ends meet here & yet they thought its a legitimate way to scam or lottery playing. They are simply called "Lazy Maggots"

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by pbling: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
chek d diff,i.e 18k 4 12hrs,no 1da we de leave 9ja
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by emmatok(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
iyobs7: Wait and someone is even talking about house rent compared to USA

Did you just write these down.
12000 for a 2-3bedroom flat in Benin and 150-200 in Abuja. Are you joking.

You won't even get such in low palaces like Osun,Ondo, or Kano.

You probably not working so you don't know what minimum wage is.

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
adconline:
Delusion of Grandeur. If $5000 is small change for most Naija in US, how much do most bankers in Naija earn? 5k a month=$60k/yr=N10,000,000.00. How many Nigerians in earn up to $18k/N3m/yr? Compare a Naija with a BS in US who is gainfully employed with a Naija in Naija with same qualification. From engineers to doctors, the pay is abysmal.
Now back to minimum wage, compare a gate man's pay of N18k with a security officer's pay in the US $7.25/hr. Sexurity has a car, a house, TV, fridge. Compare rents in Lekki to Rents in NYC. Compare Naija best with Yankee's best and Naija worst with Yankee's worst!
should we open a thread on nairaland and let people living in america to come and say if they up to 5000 dollars monthly?you will be surprised that only very few earn up to 5k dollars,stop deceiving urself,if you are doing a normal good job you can between 3200 dollars to 4500 dollars per month and which is about 50000 dollars per annum,but if you are into drug business I bet you you can even earn ten million dollars within a year
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by gabbyjames: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
yet u cant never convince me not to go to America if d oppotunity arises. No matter how pusy spoils, i sti prefer it to Anus. [quote
author=atlwireles]This's how you send yourselves to the land of
suffering. Find out, what kind of life you live in California with
$10/hr job.[/quote]
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by tpia5: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
$2000 per month, minus house rent, transportation, taxes, utilities, other expenses.

And how many places will seriously let you work 10 hours a day, thereby forcing them to pay you overtime, and adding to their overhead costs.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Bizibi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
iyobs7: It is ridiculous to know that Nigerians are so uneducated and so blind to reasoning, the guy said minimum wage, as an engineer, a medical doctor or a computer scientist working for either Microsoft john Hopkins university, they will earn more than that. if u want to spend the rest of ur life earning minimum wage then it is up to u. Great things start small.
that's the problem with some people they dnt read b4 commenting

2 Likes

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by kossynerule: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
9jadelta: house a month in America costs about 1000 dollars a month
in Nigeria u will live in a good flat for 10000 a month

you see the difference
this is the kind of thing that makes people want to leave naija thinking its paradise in USA without planning what exactly they want to go and do or how they will live when they get there

#10,000/month flat?.abeg which bush dat one dey?

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
eluquenson:

People here in Naija are scammers, they hide under one profession but yet they scam people of all sorts, for a graduate to save 50,000 a month is not easy & those saving that amount here must be earning high. Many people have become day gamblers just because they can't make ends meet here & yet they thought its a legitimate way to scam or lottery playing. They are simply called "Lazy Maggots"
so forex trading is lottery?tell me u do not know what forex trading is all about instead of you just saying thrash about what u do not know,incase if you do not know what forex trading is then go to google to get info,google is ur friend,go to google to know more about forex trading
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by iyobs7(f): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
emmatok:

Did you just write these down.
12000 for a 2-3bedroom flat in Benin and 150-200 in Abuja. Are you joking.

You won't even get such in low palaces like Osun,Ondo, or Kano.

You probably not working so you don't know what minimum wage is.

Obviously u omitted where I wrote 120 THOUSAND for a 2-3 BEDROOM FLAT for a YEAR and in ABUJA
150-200 THOUSAND FOR A YEAR FOR SELF CONTAIN

Even if u rcive 50k a month, add money for Fuel for Generator, Electricity, Transport, Feeding and if u have a car, God know u haff died grin grin grin

Abeg if u know u live abroad and it is way expensive for u, please, I beg u come home biko angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Threatens To Suspend Ngige: If Presidency Condones Disrespect.. / "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics / 4-Million-Man March In Lagos: Obidients Are Ready (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.