Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3504691 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
school resumes on 7th, are you ready!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
JOIN ABUJA WHATSAPP GROUP FOR 2020/2021 SESSION

✅ Do Portal Registration
✅ Do Semester Registration
✅ Register Courses
✅ Check your Results

I pray for a successful semester.. Amen

Happy New year celebration to y all.

https:///E7WbNQIe0wpKdbXFV3xQB6

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Economics students of National Open University of Nigeria should visit nouneco.dudaone.com (after to be changed to nouneco.com). It's only for economics students. Those who are taking GST courses can also benefit from it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xtine22(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Enskynelson:

1. Yes, 24units
2. Course Registration 2 Units 2500, 3Units 3000; exams registrations 2k for all examinable courses
3. Fresher 35k, returning student 18k
4. Yes, provided there are no prerequisite to the said second semester course.
5. Well... From the requirements, YES, you are right.
please sir, do you mean to sit for a course one need to part with 5k; that is course registration and exam fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Xtine22:

please sir, do you mean to sit for a course one need to part with 5k; that is course registration and exam fee?
To sit for a course, u have to first do semester registration before course registration then exams registrations. In that order
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 1:16am On Jan 05, 2020
lexdino:

There's an option for "transfer" on the undergraduate transcript application page though. But those staffs handling the transcript issuing department of the school are not helpful at all.

If you check the guideline page for prospective transcript applicants on http://www.nou.edu.ng/article/undergraduate-transcript-application-guidelines you will find that they have two phone numbers for transcript applicants to reach them on. [s]Funny thing is both phone numbers are switched off 24/7. What kind of institution does that? [/s]

I paid the necessary fee and applied for my undergraduate transcript for some time now, after not getting any response for over one week, I followed up with an email to enquire about the status of my transcript application. Still no response up till now.

I am waiting until next week before I take any further step though
It is not, talking from experience, I have called the both numbers and was responded to.
Now, what day of the week did you call? What time did you call?

Call them during weekdays and working hours.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xtine22(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

To sit for a course, u have to first do semester registration before course registration then exams registrations. In that order
still not clear... I mean after registering a course for 2500 or 3000 you will still pay another 2000 for that same registered course as exam fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by solgee(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2020
still not clear... I mean after registering a course for 2500 or 3000 you will still pay another 2000 for that same registered course as exam fee?[/quote]
Yes you will have to pay N2000 for all examinable courses. Which will now total N5000 or 5500 for each course for course registration and exam fees. Hope this helps.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by muslaty2k(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2020
Are you still looking for Admission to study in a Nigerian University, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, one of the foremost private University licensed by the Federal Government welcomes application to about 60 accredited courses by NUC. Please visit www.alhikmah.edu.ng.
The University also welcomes application for tuition free or subsidized fee 233k -253k plus accomodation for the following courses;
B.Sc. Physics
B.Sc. Physics with Electronics
B.Sc. Mathematics
B.Sc. Industrial Mathematics
B.Sc. Statistics
B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
B.A. English
Education Courses
The offer is for Admission from UTME, DE and INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER Applicants.
For more Information on Tuition waiver or Subsidized fee. Please call 08058352656.

Or Admission officer - 07032754666

Attention: visit www.alhikmah.edu.ng for your course requirement before application.

Admission opens till 27 Jan. 2020. Please publicize this for your students, friends and relative still seeking for Admission this year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2020
Xtine22:

still not clear... I mean after registering a course for 2500 or 3000 you will still pay another 2000 for that same registered course as exam fee?
Step one: Register for the semester. That gives you assess to do course registrations. It used to be 18k for returning students but 35/36k for new students (PG and UG respectively).
Step two: Register the course(s). UG is 2k or 2500 for 2units or 3units respectively while PG is 2500 and 3k respectively. This qualifies you for you hard copy of your course materials but if you stop here, you cannot do your tests/Assignments (TMA) as well as exams.
Step3: Register your exams for the courses you registered for. In step 2.1k per coutse for UG and 2k per course for PG. I hope this is clear now.

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Askedi(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2020
Please anyone here who has finished MSC in peace Studies and conflict resolution, I would want to know the TCE for graduation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rogersmith(m): 9:04am On Jan 05, 2020
Does Noun waiver a course?

Enskynelson
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2020
Rogersmith:
Does Noun waiver a course?

Enskynelson
Yes, they do sometimes. I know of some persons who enjoyed such. The bad thing is that you can't determine whether it will be waived for you or not.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2020
UPDATE!!!

Happy New Year Nounites kiss
Scoring "A" or "B"grade in your project writing can boost your CGPA

we give you 3 topics to present to your supervisor

Contact us when HAVING PROBLEM WITH YOUR PROJECT WRITING
Or with only your analysis, that is your chapters 4&5? Or with only chapters 1, 2 or 3?
Or you just want to form a questionnaire/ questionnaires analysis? Or you only want to write Abstract?
WE ARE PACESETTER IN PROJECT WRITING AND WE WILL GIVE U NOTHING BUT THE BEST.
We use latest packages like SPSS, STATA & E-views (10) for your analysis.
INQUIRIES:
MACHARTHONY SOLUTIONS
081 850 25045(whatsapp number & call)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rogersmith(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

Yes, they do sometimes. I know of some persons who enjoyed such. The bad thing is that you can't determine whether it will be waived for you or not.
Thanks bro for prompt response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xtine22(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

Step one: Register for the semester. That gives you assess to do course registrations. It used to be 18k for returning students but 35/36k for new students (PG and UG respectively).
Step two: Register the course(s). UG is 2k or 2500 for 2units or 3units respectively while PG is 2500 and 3k respectively. This qualifies you for you hard copy of your course materials but if you stop here, you cannot do your tests/Assignments (TMA) as well as exams.
Step3: Register your exams for the courses you registered for. In step 2.1k per coutse for UG and 2k per course for PG. I hope this is clear now.
ok thanks!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Online facilitation/tutorial will start on the 16th of January in my group. On the 14th of January, the links to new groups (distinguished by their levels, e.g. 100 level, 200 level, etc) will be posted on the group platform. So there will be another group for each level which is a subsidiary of the group platform.

Tutorial for each level will focus on four courses per day. Tutorial will also be centered on each unit of the course material for each day. The arrangement of how these will take place (what course in what day) will be posted on the group soon.

Tutorial is absolutely free. It's going to be textual. Voice messages are welcome. The individual groups become your discussion platform. Please let's all be part of this.

Message me on 08149145254 to add u to the group. Whatsapp links don't show on Nairaland.

Economics students only. If u are taking GSTs and some related courses, you can also partake.

Have a wonderful week.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SyberKate(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
lexdino:

There's an option for "transfer" on the undergraduate transcript application page though. But those staffs handling the transcript issuing department of the school are not helpful at all.

If you check the guideline page for prospective transcript applicants on http://www.nou.edu.ng/article/undergraduate-transcript-application-guidelines you will find that they have two phone numbers for transcript applicants to reach them on. Funny thing is both phone numbers are switched off 24/7. What kind of institution does that?

I paid the necessary fee and applied for my undergraduate transcript for some time now, after not getting any response for over one week, I followed up with an email to enquire about the status of my transcript application. Still no response up till now.

I am waiting until next week before I take any further step though

I'm in a similar situation as yours or probably even worse. I applied several times since last year and up till now no feedback from them. I have called their number several times, sometimes it goes through they tell me they have sent my transcript to UNN but UNN is still claiming they have not received it and I have missed application windows overseas. What is your next step, I an now planning on saving some money to travel to Abuja but I would very much love to avoid that option for something very simple that can be done through proper feedback and followup.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
SyberKate:

I'm in a similar situation as yours or probably even worse. I applied several times since last year and up till now no feedback from them. I have called their number several times, sometimes it goes through they tell me they have sent my transcript to UNN but UNN is still claiming they have not received it and I have missed application windows overseas. What is your next step, I an now planning on saving some money to travel to Abuja but I would very much love to avoid that option for something very simple that can be done through proper feedback and followup.

Life is not too hard naaa. Once you pay to remita and you have your receipt, write a letter addressed to Abuja HQ, as the management instructed, and find your way to Abuja. If one way does not work, you will use another.

For those of us who are waiting for the graduation list, I'm sure you can read the disappointing reports about getting transcripts transfered to another institution. I advise that once the graduation list is out and our names appear on the list, let's get set to pay for our transcript... On convocation day, we'll take our receipts and formal letters to Abuja for application.

The good news is that we will also come back to our various states with our certificates. From what I have heard, we can only get our certificates in Abuja.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sweetoma: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hello all, I want to apply for a masters course at NOUN. Hopefully so I can start this January

1) How do I do apply for admission ? I’ve gone to the website nouonline.net multiple times without seeing the option for apply for admission.

2) How long does a masters at open university take. Can I complete it by Jan of 2021 ? If I register this week ?
God bless you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
sweetoma:
Hello all, I want to apply for a masters course at NOUN. Hopefully so I can start this January

1) How do I do apply for admission ? I’ve gone to the website nouonline.net multiple times without seeing the option for apply for admission.

2) How long does a masters at open university take. Can I complete it by Jan of 2021 ? If I register this week ?
God bless you
1. Admission has not commenced but it will any moment from now.
2. M.Sc. can be as short as two semesters depending on your readiness and seriousness to take more courses in both semesters. A friend of mine did M.Sc. Information Technology in two semesters spending about 176k (project and seminar inclusive). You too can do.
NB. which of the courses do you want to study?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

2. M.Sc. can be as short as two semesters depending on your readiness and seriousness to take more courses in both semesters. A friend of mine did M.Sc. Information Technology in two semesters spending about 176k (project and seminar inclusive). You too can do.

When will application commence ooo. I want to do pgd mass communication
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TheLaughter: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

NOUN postgraduate students do project defence?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
TheLaughter:

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
TheLaughter:

All masters Students defend projects except MBA. PGD and UG don't.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okwa007: 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
No
Teddyg2:

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
yak:

When will application commence ooo. I want to do pgd mass communication
This week hopefully

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sweetoma: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Enskynelson:

Thanks for your response, I’m considering Journalism as I’m already Working in the field.

Per response I just need to wait and keep checking the website ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
sweetoma:

Thanks for your response, I’m considering Journalism as I’m already Working in the field.

Per response I just need to wait and keep checking the website ?

Yes. But it will likely commence this week.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jeejo: 9:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ribasandez:

Life is not too hard naaa. Once you pay to remita and you have your receipt, write a letter addressed to Abuja HQ, as the management instructed, and find your way to Abuja. If one way does not work, you will use another.

For those of us who are waiting for the graduation list, I'm sure you can read the disappointing reports about getting transcripts transfered to another institution. I advise that once the graduation list is out and our names appear on the list, let's get set to pay for our transcript... On convocation day, we'll take our receipts and formal letters to Abuja for application.

The good news is that we will also come back to our various states with our certificates. From what I have heard, we can only get our certificates in Abuja.

SMH.
Getting USA visa is easier than getting transcripts from NOUN

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
jeejo:

SMH.
Getting USA visa is easier than getting transcripts from NOUN

I know it sounds like I trivialized the issue. I'm not saying it's not a hassle.

The point I'm trying to make is, as long as there's a way, as long as some people succeeded in getting their transcripts delivered to the desired destinations, there is a good chance. The idea is making that happen, however difficult it seems.

I sympathize with what you guys are going through. I guess we will face the same troll once it's our turn. But that troll must be defeated still. Just pull all the stops (go as far as u can)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2020
WHEN IS A STUDENT FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE SEMESTER

It's when you have done the following:

(1) Registered on the portal nouonline.net (Portal Registration is free for those who already have Matric number)

(2) Funded your wallet for the semester registrations (calculate your fees and fund the required amount to your wallet).

(3) Done with 18k semester registration (Inside your portal after funding)

(4) Registered your courses and printed the slip

(5) Registered your courses for exam and printed the slip.

Done.

MISHA CARES

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.