Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3486856 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2020
AFTER REGISTRATIONS

What are you expected to do after completing your registrations?

(1) When the time comes, you'll have to login into your portal and submit assignments on each of your courses. It's called TMA (Tutor Marked Assignment/Assessment). It's 30 Objective Questions per course for 30% usually separated into three. TMA 1, TMA2 and TMA3 with each having 10 Questions for 10% as well. That's 1 Question, 1%. You must submit at least two of the TMAs that's 20 Questions in order to receive a grade on that course. Otherwise no grade at the end of the semester.

(2) If you're at 300L and registered GST 302 or an IT course, you'll have to submit your works and defend your write ups.

(3) If you registered a project, you'd have to complete and submit it appropriately. Kindly, involve your project supervisor on your every move.

(4) When the time comes, you'll have to sit for the exams on the courses you've registered and submit the exams appropriately.

(5) Check your results when it's released.

To know when it's time for all these, stay on any NOUN WhatsApp groups, check regularly from your study centre or most importantly use the yearly academic calendar as your perfect guide. The calendar is usually released at our official website http://www.nou.edu.ng/ under announcements. So keep checking from there for a valid copy.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2020
Misha Cares Have Resume Fully

Am Greeting Everyone Happy Resumption kiss

Happy To See You Again This Semester 2020_1

Our Semester Of Excellence IJN..Amen

Misha Cares smiley
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 8:02am On Jan 06, 2020
Misha Cares;
Having done with all the core courses(30 units) and an elective(2units) and registered for project last semester, do I have to pay the 18k as a returning pg student?

Samisha500:
WHEN IS A STUDENT FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE SEMESTER

It's when you have done the following:

(1) Registered on the portal nouonline.net (Portal Registration is free for those who already have Matric number)

(2) Funded your wallet for the semester registrations (calculate your fees and fund the required amount to your wallet).

(3) Done with 18k semester registration (Inside your portal after funding)

(4) Registered your courses and printed the slip

(5) Registered your courses for exam and printed the slip.

Done.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2020
So one has to go to his/her study centre to do password reset before one can access portal?This should be worked on pls. They already have students mail ID and phone numbers to send a reset link to.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 8:38am On Jan 06, 2020
livinsoul:
Misha Cares;
Having done with all the core courses(30 units) and an elective(2units) and registered for project last semester, do I have to pay the 18k as a returning pg student?

YES, THATS THE COMPULSORY FEE (SEMESTER REGISTRATION) OR DO YOU STILL HAVE ANY OTHER COURSE TO REGISTER, IF NO ?? DONT PAY ANY MONEY..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2020
livinsoul:
Misha Cares;

Hello, how many courses did you register for in the semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2020
I don't know if any of the NOUN Postgraduate students on this thread can volunteer to be added to the Telegram group I created for prospective students for JUST a semester.

I believe it will make the application/registration process less stressful and solution to different challenges would be easily addressed.

Just one or two volunteers would be okay

Please indicate if you are okay with the idea.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2020
livinsoul:
Misha Cares;

I guess you are a PG student. If those are all the courses you have to do, you don't have to pay the compulsory 18k this semester again. Just finish your project and submit. That's all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by destiro(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
Good day house,
Pls, I was booked for malpractice 2 semesters ago and also faced the panel at my study centre but couldn't follow up last semester due to paucity of funds. However, I intend to continue this semester, so d question is, how do I ascertain my status after facing d panel? Note: I can still access my portal. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thanks for your prompt response. I am done with the core courses in both first and second semester, took and passed one Elective course in the first semester and had an 'F' in an elective in the second semester( had 30/30 in TMA and confident of not less than 50/70 in the exams, but who cares?).
Total credit=32 units.
Samisha500:

YES, THATS THE COMPULSORY FEE (SEMESTER REGISTRATION) OR DO YOU STILL HAVE ANY OTHER COURSE TO REGISTER, IF NO ?? DONT PAY ANY MONEY..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
Okay.
Thank you very much.
Enskynelson:

I guess you are a PG student. If those are all the courses you have to do, you don't have to pay the compulsory 18k this semester again. Just finish your project and submit. That's all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
I am done with the core courses in both first and second semester, took and passed one Elective course in the first semester and had an 'F' in an elective in the second semester.
Total credit=32 units.
mistarsam:

Hello, how many courses did you register for in the semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Eminentbabe: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
hello people, pls when is the admission portal open? i want to register for Undergraduate (for someone) and Postgraduate (for myself)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
livinsoul:
I am done with the core courses in both first and second semester, took and passed one Elective course in the first semester and had an 'F' in an elective in the second semester.
Total credit=32 units.
Sorry to hear that.
In essence, would you like to guide us on our Telegram group (for fresh students) through the application and registration process once it starts? At least till we can 'stand on our feet'
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
nouneco.dudaone.com is down for now due to transition of web name to nouneco.com. You will be notified when it comes back.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Eminentbabe:
hello people, pls when is the admission portal open? i want to register for Undergraduate (for someone) and Postgraduate (for myself)
Coming Soon...
Stay Tuned!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henryfly(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Fhad:
please ,,,,, Any information on d graduating list?

Hey Fhad.

WhatsApp me, it's Henryfly
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oladtwo(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Please guys can I use power point for my PG project defence ? Or not

If you have any information that can be of help to me for project defence, please kindly drop it for me.
Thanks in advance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ribasandez:
nouneco.dudaone.com is down for now due to transition of web name to nouneco.com. You will be notified when it comes back.

Some problems were encountered while trying to change the domain name. The website remains nouneco.dudaone.com for now. If there's any change, u will be notified.

nouneco.dudaone.com is now active!

nouneco.dudaone.com has a lot of materials and guidance for economics and GST students. And guess what, it has CBT format past questions for all 100 level and 200 level courses done by economics students, all for free.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Rogersmith(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Oladtwo:
Please guys can I use power point for my PG project defence ? Or not

If you have any information that can be of help to me for project defence, please kindly drop it for me.
Thanks in advance
Go prepare with your PowerPoint. Just in case.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hardeycute(m): 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hardeycute(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!

REGISTRATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE STUDIES AT NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (IBADAN STUDY CENTRE) TO COMMENCE SOON!!!

Requirements: Original O'level Result ONLY

Do you need information on your eligibility or courses offered?

We also offer assistance on T.MA and research work(project)

Call/WhatsApp 08026481616
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by destiro(m): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
destiro:
Good day house,
Pls, I was booked for malpractice 2 semesters ago and also faced the panel at my study centre but couldn't follow up last semester due to paucity of funds. However, I intend to continue this semester, so d question is, how do I ascertain my status after facing d panel? Note: I can still access my portal. Thanks

Anthonyo15 Samisha500
any idea on this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by awise303: 4:02am On Jan 07, 2020
UTME 2020 is here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cokhale(m): 5:03am On Jan 07, 2020
any final year accounting and banking student whose is interest in this topics:
1.ELECTRONIC BANKING (E-BANKING): A TOOL FOR CASHLESS SOCIETY
2.THE STRAIGHTLINE METHOD OF DEPRECIATION AND PROFITABILITY OF A PUBLIC LIMITED LIABILITY IN NIGERIA

pleas try to reach me 08054239133,when your supervisor approve those topics.it cost N 7500 TO GET
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 5:16am On Jan 07, 2020
mistarsam:
I don't know if any of the NOUN Postgraduate students on this thread can volunteer to be added to the Telegram group I created for prospective students for JUST a semester.

I believe it will make the application/registration process less stressful and solution to different challenges would be easily addressed.

Just one or two volunteers would be okay

Please indicate if you are okay with the idea.

Can I join the telegram group?
Aspiring student
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistarsam(m): 5:48am On Jan 07, 2020
yak:

Can I join the telegram group?
Aspiring student

Please do, Sir/Ma

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BigotMan(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2020
Good morning everyone.

I intend to register for NOUN undergraduate program. Please is it possible to pay the tuition fee for first semester first and later pay for 2nd semester?

Please I need your advice on this.
Thanks.

cc Anthonyo15; samisha500; Edusportal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2020
BigotMan:
Good morning everyone.

I intend to register for NOUN undergraduate program. Please is it possible to pay the tuition fee for first semester first and later pay for 2nd semester?

Thanks.
YES IT IS POSSIBLE.
NOTE: SCHOOL FEES/REGISTRATIONS ARE PAID EVERY SEMESTER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2020
BigotMan:
Good morning everyone.

Thanks.

cc Anthonyo15; samisha500; Edusportal
Yes. You can pay for first semester first. Registration is even every semester by semester.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.