Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489856 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by browniecay: 10:35am On Feb 20, 2020
HumorMe:
If you are in Abuja come to the study centre, that can be sorted

Thank you very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by browniecay: 10:36am On Feb 20, 2020
Okay. Thanks. I think it's better I go to the center.
ajayidavid99:

Check previous responses, I remember someone uploaded it once on the platform! And, think I tried d transcript form link weeks ago and it's been down, has nothing to do with your admission letter
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2020
emmaclue:

Good day sir, I want to be know:
1. With 11 courses plus project which amount to 37units with at least C grade on all the courses, can one graduate from Peace studies and conflict resolution master program?

2. What's the total budget to run a master degree program?
3. As a noun graduate, do I still need to apply for transcript and how much?
4. When is it advisable to fill the graduate survey exit form online?
Thanks

1. The minimum requirements is 30TCE and must include ALL Core/compulsory courses including CIT701/GS807.
You must also register and pass at least two electives (one in each of the two semesters).
CGPA must be at least 3.0. Meaning at least a 'C' in all your courses.

2. Budget should be from 180k - 220k. MBA maybe more.

3. Yes. It is required. Costs 10k.

4. Once your name appears on the convocation list, you can fill the graduate survey form. Print the acknowledgement slip after submitting online. The printout is part of what is required for clearance.

Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2020
olokings:
NOUN uses the FULL result to calculate your CGPA, incomplete results n all.

I read somewhere earlier that if you abandon an exam to rather get I(NE/NT) rather than F it doesn't affect your CGPA.

Well, it looks like it does after affect it because at final calculation, any I(NE/NT) in the result is calculated.

how is this possible because i have a course without TMA the course was not examinable it came out as Incomplet how would they calculate that one.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2020
Enskynelson:

1. The minimum requirements is 30TCE and must include ALL Core/compulsory courses including CIT701/GS807.
You must also register and pass at least two electives (one in each of the two semesters).
CGPA must be at least 3.0. Meaning at least a 'C' in all your courses.

2. Budget should be from 180k - 220k. MBA maybe more.

3. Yes. It is required. Costs 10k.

4. Once your name appears on the convocation list, you can fill the graduate survey form. Print the acknowledgement slip after submitting online. The printout is part of what is required for clearance.

Thanks for the quick response....
Lastly..I want to know if two semesters will be enough to round up everything including project.. God bless..

Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
[quote author=emmaclue post=86806683][/quote]
Yes, two semesters is enough for the programme.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LilVast1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
worm360:
go home, sleep and wait for your admission, dont need to stress your self ok as soon as d admission is out i'll let eveery one knw ok

no course 4 alarm
You are talking like someone who have little knowledge about the school, NOUN doesn't release admission list, your admission letter is always ready once you fill your admission form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kayusely70(m): 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
enskynelson when is the second graduation list would be out and outstanding project result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
kayusely70:
enskynelson when is the second graduation list would be out and outstanding project result
There was a supplementary list after the first one. No information on any other yet.
As for project, seminar, TP and other non-examinable courses, the re-submission was done last Sunday from all the study centres. I suppose in a matter of two weeks (at most) we can expect results.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kayusely70(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
Enskynelson:
There was a supplementary list after the first one. No information on any other yet.
As for project, seminar, TP and other non-examinable courses, the re-submission was done last Sunday from all the study centres. I suppose in a matter of two weeks (at most) we can expect results.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
ajayidavid99:

It's 50% for both MSc and PhD. Can't even remember where I picked up that info again!
What about the CGPA cut off for PhD ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Androidplanet(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
Androidplanet:
Please can anyone help me with whatsapp group for NOUN new students?

Preferably for Mass Communication and Awka study centre. Thanks.

Any hope?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
mrvocalprowess:
I've been seeing this all day. what could be wrong o?

is this general? please help

any update on this please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
OPEN UNIVERSITY

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
awokunlet:

Ah..and nobody can profer solutions to this issue? Noun admin here and other gurus help us out o o o

any luck yet?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olokings(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
That'll 0 points earned but full credit carried.

You know what that means.

Bekind33:
how is this possible because i have a course without TMA the course was not examinable it came out as Incomplet how would they calculate that one.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
finally I was able to get rid of the negative balance and paid the actual -3700 i own noun. i WS so in hurry yest paying to the bank as well as crediting my wallet and printing same wen I don't kn wen my portal will b shut down since my name is on graduation list. At the end, I ws able to print my wallet devoid of negative balance!
All set for clearance now .I appreciate all those that calm my nymph wen so disturbed., enskynelson, Anthony, etal , i thank you all. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by awokunlet: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
mrvocalprowess:

any luck yet?

Nope
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vresbaby: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Please what is the duration of PhD in noun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
olokings:
NOUN uses the FULL result to calculate your CGPA, incomplete results n all.

I read somewhere earlier that if you abandon an exam to rather get I(NE/NT) rather than F it doesn't affect your CGPA.

Well, it looks like it does after affect it because at final calculation, any I(NE/NT) in the result is calculated.

Are you sure about this? shocked
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
olokings:
That'll 0 points earned but full credit carried.

You know what that means.

i heard from a reliable source that incomplete result are ommited during CCGP computation, he told me incomplete result doesnt count.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sefiuu:

Are you sure about this? shocked
a Staff told me incomplete result doesn't count
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ajayidavid99: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
I have this conditional offer of Admission for MSc Information Technology, is there anything I need to do with it. I've already requested for transcript from my school this morning. Any other process while still awaiting the transcript
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
ajayidavid99:
I have this conditional offer of Admission for MSc Information Technology, is there anything I need to do with it. I've already requested for transcript from my school this morning. Any other process while still awaiting the transcript
Thanks
U can help yourself by getting the e-copies of the course materials and start studying while waiting. Get familiar with the course contents. It will help u a great lot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olokings(m): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
that is only on the condition that you write the course before graduation.

if it is an elective or otherwise, and you graduate with the NI amongst your result schedule, it will most definitely be computed in your GP.

it was in my case.

Bekind33:
i heard from a reliable source that incomplete result are ommited during CCGP computation, he told me incomplete result doesnt count.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:39am On Feb 21, 2020
NOTICE!!!

Evidence of payment of a fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) for the use of academic gowns and Convocation Register.
A duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre. The sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) will be refunded upon the return of the academic gowns and hoods to the respective Study Centres.
➡Please note that both items must be returned not later than Tuesday, 31st March 2020 from 9.00 a.m. Failure to return the Noun convocation gowns and hoods by the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per day.

How To Pay To Collect NOUN Convocation Gowns
This is to generate remita number for the payment of Convocation Registration and Academic Gown Fee of N15,000 which Upon return of the academic gown in good condition, within the stipulated time, a refund of N5,000 will be made into the student’s bank account.

How it works:

☑Log on to www.remita.net
☑Pay a Federal Government Agency
☑Type in National Open University of Nigeria
☑Select Miscellaneous.
☑Description: Type reason for payment, e.g. CONVOCATION REGISTER and GOWN FEE
☑Name of Student and Matric Number (e.g.: Jane Ada Udo NOU123456789)
☑Phone number
☑E-mail address
☑Select bank branch
✔Take the RRR to any commercial bank for payment
✴Ensure to collect the RRR receipt from the bank which will be presented at the respective Study Centres.
TRENDING: NOUN 2020 Graduands Clearance Requirement

Public Announcements for the NOUN Convocation Ceremony
All Graduands are requested to assemble at the designated location(s) at the Noun Convocation Arena on Saturday, 28th March 2020 between 6:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue according to their Faculties.

NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE AFTER 9:00 A.M.

Commercial photographers/video operators are requested to register to obtain clearance for operation. They are to register at the underlisted location between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. from Monday, 23rd March, 2020

▶All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. Security officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” Policy.

▶Other NOUN Convocation Ceremony Information to Graduands
No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this directive.
To access the Convocation Arena, each graduand is required to present a tally which bears his/her Faculty name and a number. The tally will be distributed at the entrance on a “first-come-first-served” basis.

▶It is a breach of security to find a graduand seated in the Arena without a tally assigned to him/her. All guests of the University (properly identified with their invitation cards) are to be seated not later than 9.30 a.m.
▶Parking lots have been provided for use at the Convocation venue. Guests are to park their cars in areas indicated in their invitation cards.
REMEMBER THAT GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 21, 2020
awokunlet:

Nope

I've been able to fill the form and download it, now its saying admission pending
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:51am On Feb 21, 2020
GOODMORNING NOUNITES

➡Mop-Up Project moderation/Defence is ending today which started on the 15th.
➡Please note that after this semester it is now an offence to submit Project when you know you won't be available for defence (Masters students).
➡More Graduating list will be out after the Mop-Up Project moderation/defence today expect more names soon.
➡Non examinable course will be released soon
➡Registration for 2020_1 semester is still ongoing, kindly do the needful before 31st of March 2020.
➡If you have done your Project, Seminar, IT and any other Practicum registeration I will advice you to go ahead with it don't wait for anyone.
↪Lastly, exam timetable is out prepare your reading period now

Have a blessed week wink

Macharthony Solutions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:56am On Feb 21, 2020
Update Update Update !!!

✔Negative Balance On Portal Has Been Resolved
Kindly Continue With Your Payment And Registration.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 6:49am On Feb 21, 2020
Someone please help! Some courses whose results i have seen are still appearing as carry over in my portal. How do i solve this problem?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 6:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Anthonyo15:
Update Update Update !!!

✔Negative Balance On Portal Has Been Resolved
Kindly Continue With Your Payment And Registration.

Good morning sir, you stated above the convocation fee 15k for gown but I saw in one post that we are also expected to pay Study centre Alumni due 2500 while federal alumni due 5000.
But some told me he went to Abuja to collect his certificate after the convocation and he paid just 10k .. please make me understand how it works. Thanks
Cc: Enskynelson, Samisha.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zubizareta(m): 7:39am On Feb 21, 2020
Good morning, pls is there any deadline for making the various clearance payments for one that his name is already on the current graduating list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.