Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,664 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3492344 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bekind33(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2020
olokings:
that is only on the condition that you write the course before graduation.

if it is an elective or otherwise, and you graduate with the NI amongst your result schedule, it will most definitely be computed in your GP.

it was in my case.

i have a course without TMA showing incomplete in my result it was not examinable it will be wickedness to compute it,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by arena07: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Enskynelson:

U can help yourself by getting the e-copies of the course materials and start studying while waiting. Get familiar with the course contents. It will help u a great lot.
I have B.sc in computer science already and I wish to have another B.Ed in computer science my questions are
1)which level am I going to start from?
2)what is the tuition fee per semester?
3)transcript easy to get after graduation?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2020
arena07:
I have B.sc in computer science already and I wish to have another B.Ed in computer science my questions are
1)which level am I going to start from?
2)what is the tuition fee per semester?
3)transcript easy to get after graduation?
1. See the attached requirements. Except for use of personal judgement and evaluation by Te study Centre, it is likely a 100L.
2. Budget 70k for the first semester and about 48k for subsequent semesters except
3. It has been quite difficult to get transcripts based on testimonies here but of late, management said they have improved the system.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by arena07: 8:52am On Feb 21, 2020
Enskynelson:

1. See the attached requirements. Except for use of personal judgement and evaluation by Te study Centre, it is likely a 100L.
2. Budget 70k for the first semester and about 48k for subsequent semesters except
3. It has been quite difficult to get transcripts based on testimonies here but of late, management said they have improved the system.
If it is 100level then it doesn't worth it thanks so much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Johnolis(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2020
Please after registration of course and exams, what is the next thing to do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2020
Johnolis:
Please after registration of course and exams, what is the next thing to do?

You prepare for your tmas and exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by awokunlet: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
emmaclue:

You prepare for your tmas and exams.

pls what is tmas and when will that be? and as for exams that should be at d end of d session semester right?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
awokunlet:

pls what is tmas and when will that be? and as for exams that should be at d end of d session semester right?
TMA = TUTOR-MARKED ASSIGNMENT
It is serves as your continuous assessment for all your examinable courses.
Each course eg. GST101 has TMA1, TMA2, TMA3. Each TMA eg. TMA1 contains 10 objective questions taken from anywhere in your course material. TMAs were earlier scheduled to begin around March 9th. But I don't know if the new change in date for the closure of registration will affect it.

Important Note
Please, do all you can to attend the orientation in your Study Centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by michaelbills(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
If you don't pay for exams are you still eligible to write TMA?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
MIGRATION OF STUDENTS FROM OLD PORTAL TO NEW PORTAL

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by michaelbills(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Anzabur:
I heard NOUN graduates don’t go for NYSC, true or false and if true, I doubt if one can get a job with Noun certificate and if true, it is not worth attending NOUN. Please I need clarification before I proceed to register,thanks
Peopl get paid with only Ican certificates and acca. My sister's company someone earns 250k with a B.Sc from noun.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Androidplanet(f): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2020
Enskynelson:

TMA = TUTOR-MARKED ASSIGNMENT
It is serves as your continuous assessment for all your examinable courses.
Each course eg. GST101 has TMA1, TMA2, TMA3. Each TMA eg. TMA1 contains 10 objective questions taken from anywhere in your course material. TMAs were earlier scheduled to begin around March 9th. But I don't know if the new change in date for the closure of registration will affect it.

Important Note
Please, do all you can to attend the orientation in your Study Centre.
Is it the TMA from the modules in the units of the course study material we are to fill up? or a do they set the TMAs as tests?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Androidplanet:

Is it the TMA from the modules in the units of the course study material we are to fill up? or a do they set the TMAs as tests?

TMAs are seperate online tests which are 30% of your total marks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Androidplanet(f): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
HumorMe:
TMAs are seperate online tests which are 30% of your total marks
Thank you. So what are the self assessments and TMAs in the study materials for?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Androidplanet:

Thank you. So what are the self assessments and TMAs in the study materials for?
that is just a self assessment of what you read in the previous chapter.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
UPDATE!!!

2019 SUPPLEMENTARY GRADUATION LIST BATCH 2 AND 3 FOR 2020 CONVOCATION IS OUT....

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
NEW LIST ADDED TODAY

Click the button below to download approved supplementary list batch 2 and 3

Download NOUN 2020 Graduation List
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
iyatrustee:
Someone please help! Some courses whose results i have seen are still appearing as carry over in my portal. How do i solve this problem?
it's a general problem and will be resolved soon.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rrreer: 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
You can chose not to register all the Courses for this semester if you don't have enough fund. It's better than skipping the whole semester and while you add the rest next semester.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tessyy1701: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Enskynelson:
MIGRATION OF STUDENTS FROM OLD PORTAL TO NEW PORTAL

Does this mean everyone should do this
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tessyy1701:

Does this mean everyone should do this
Noooo. The information is for very old students who have paused their programs for a while now. Matriculation numbers NOU16xxxxx that have never registered on the new portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
VITAL INFORMATION FOR THOSE STARTING THE NOUN NEW PROGRAM

It has been confirmed that the newly approved programs will not commence this semester 2020_1 but will start by 2020_2 semester. The University will arrange modalities in such that those that registered for the semester will not lose their money.
Recall that some courses were introduced this semester eg. M.Sc. Public Health, B.Sc. Library Information Science etc.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dara2: 1:02am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello House!

Please, is it advisable to pay for the graduation gown through remita now?

Then about the "graduation advancement survey form", the year of graduation still shows "2019? Do we fill it that way? Or wait till 2020 shows up?

Thank you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Cation(m): 1:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounonline: 1:42am On Feb 22, 2020
It is our prayer that your name will be on this new list that was released today. Check now, and inform others

=> https://nounportalng.com/noun-graduation-list/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 22, 2020
okay
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Vasgas: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2020
Samisha500:
ADVICE ON NEGATIVE BALANCE

Are You Still Having Negative Balance Login Into Your Portal

View Your Wallet Do It Continuously Till the Negative Balance Go Back To Normal

NOTE;
If You Are Still Seeing Negative Sign (-) On Your Portal, Kindly Report To Your Study Centre Bursary.

I notice negative balance on my portal this morning and after viewing my wallet continuously it disappeared

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by revived: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Samisha500:
ATTENTION!!!

Good morning everyone
Please all mushin study centre students should proceed to the centre now with his/her logbook for signing

A supervisor from Abuja is around to sign all logbooks

How can I contact u boss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
Any Bsc information Technology graduate in the house, please it is very important.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oricha62(m): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
Having difficulty checking your name on the graduation list?
There is an easy way now. A NOUN student who just graduated built a search engine for it. Just input your Mat number and boom! It tells you whether you have graduated or not
Visit: https:///io9cl69w1D
@noun_media
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oricha62(m): 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
nounonline:
It is our prayer that your name will be on this new list that was released today. Check now, and inform others

=> https://nounportalng.com/noun-graduation-list/
Having difficulty checking your name on the graduation list? There is an easy way now. A NOUN student who just graduated built a search engine for it. Just input your Mat number and boom! It tells you whether you have graduated or not
Visit: https:///io9cl69w1D
@noun_media

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.