Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489877 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2021
sircatherine45:

Yes, but if a student goes back to write it again, simply replace the F with the new grade. Then recalculate your CGPA

No it doesn't work like that. All grades are calculated; previous grades and new grades. If you get an F, it will always be on the record, and its impact will always be evident in your result; even if you get an A after retaking the course.

CGPAs are calculated with the use of a formula, and all grades (absolutely all grades) are included. Getting an F, even if you get an A after resit, will still have an adverse effect on your result.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Xmen149(m): 3:12am On Jan 24, 2021
sircatherine45:

Yes, but if a student goes back to write it again, simply replace the F with the new grade. Then recalculate your CGPA

The F will still be added in the calculation.

Eg

Gns101 2cr load = A
Gns 102 3cr load =F
Gns 102 3cr load =C

they will do ((2*5)+(2*0)+(3*3))/8 this will drop the persons cgpa.

in conventional school they will simply remove the F and replace with the new carryover score

here everything is included you get.

alot end up not graduating mostly after existing all the available Elective

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2021
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

1. NOUN PAST QUESTIONS 100L-800L (B.Sc, PGD, Msc &MBA)

2. COURSE MATERIALS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ALL PROGRAMMEs )WE DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR STEP..

3. WE JUST HAVE 6DAYS TO SUBMIT OUR TMA3 WHICH CLOSES ON THE 29TH OF JANUARY ...

4. ALL GST TMA RE-OPENED.

5. OTHER NOUN RELATED ISSUES.

DISTANCE IS NOT A BARRIER......

CHAT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL ☎

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugoboss2224: 7:42am On Jan 24, 2021
LAND URGENTLY FOR SALE IN ABUJA

Size: 4 plots of land measuring at 3000sqm

Purpose: Residential & Commercial Plot

Title: FCDA R of O

Price: 8.5 million (Asking price)

DM or Call 08181493942
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=Staness post=98372120]Please can MBA be completed in 3 semesters? That is combining project with 3rd semester?[/quote
I have tried to do the calculations, it looks impossible.

I wish I can finish in 3 semesters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adaperry25: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2021
I'm a very busy working class person..is everything on noun including exams and registration of courses done online or offline..I need details as I want to do a pgd and then MSc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj202004: 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
adaperry25:
I'm a very busy working class person..is everything on noun including exams and registration of courses done online or offline..I need details as I want to do a pgd and then MSc

Exams are done at study Centres
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by blessingnnam(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
Please can somebody help me about the admission process. I want to go for MSc Cyber Security, I don't know if NOUN offers it. Please someone should help me. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adaperry25: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
Fkj202004:

Exams are done at study Centres
That'll be strenuous on my part
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj202004: 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
adaperry25:

That'll be strenuous on my part

That is the only way. Exams are not written online
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
Staness:
Please can MBA be completed in 3 semesters? That is combining project with 3rd semester?
Yes, it can. Provided you work hard.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
blessingnnam:
Please can somebody help me about the admission process. I want to go for MSc Cyber Security, I don't know if NOUN offers it. Please someone should help me. Thanks
NOUN - ACETEL offers it
https://acetel.nou.edu.ng/programmes/?locale=en
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=Pimiento post=98387434][/quote]
Well, minimum required is about 72units.
24units each in three semesters. Mathematically possible.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by blessingnnam(f): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BlessedOBA: 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Greetings to y’all.

I did my MSc Info. Tech project sometime in Nov 2021 and up till now I’m yet to see my project result on the portal. I’ve told the counselor and she said my name alongside a few other persons who haven’t seen their result was forwarded to Abuja. I noticed that some persons have seen their results since then but I’m yet to see mine and it’s really saddening.

Pls, does anyone have an idea on how I can resolve the issue? I sincerely don’t know what else to do right now and any idea at all that would yield positive result would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
I really pray our certificates will be sent to us after the convocation ceremony. It's the information associated with this certificate acquisition that keeps me bound to this platform (noun nairaland) embarassed

I must hold on to all documents for personal reasons.

If anyone has information regarding that, it would be a relief.

I rue the day the pandemic reared its head and hissed at me. But I'll always prevail.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj202004: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ribasandez:
I really pray our certificates will be sent to us after the convocation ceremony. It's the information associated with this certificate acquisition that keeps me bound to this platform (noun nairaland) embarassed

I must hold on to all documents for personal reasons.

If anyone has information regarding that, it would be a relief.

I rue the day the pandemic reared its neck and hissed at me. But I'll always prevail.

Well, the certificates won't be sent but instead you will have to go to Headquarters to collect it yourself.

A date will be fixed for each faculties to go to Headquarters for the certificate collection.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
If you are an expert in data analytics, I need your tutorship. I need to learn how to use as many data analytics tools as possible in three months.

Please message me on Telegram on 08092509410 so we can discuss.

It should be a fair price.

Then again, I have stopped providing past questions and tutorials. Stressful and time-consuming, plus no time again.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Fkj202004:

Well, the certificates won't be sent but instead you will have to go to Headquarters to collect it yourself.

A date will be fixed for each faculties to go to Headquarters for the certificate collection.

Haaaaaaaaa

This has to be the worst news ever. Thank you for the information but it doesn't favor me at all.

Will some students be asked to attend the convocation ceremony at Abuja?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj202004: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ribasandez:

Haaaaaaaaa

This has to be the worst news ever. Thank you for the information but it doesn't favor me at all.

Will some students be asked to attend the convocation ceremony at Abuja?

Convocation ceremony is online and the link to the convocation ceremony is https://www.convocation.nouedu2.net

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Fkj202004:

Convocation ceremony is online and the link to the convocation ceremony is https://www.convocation.nouedu2.net

I know. I just wish there was a way out.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I wonder how they will give awardees their awards.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DECENCY3: 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
They should send our certificate down to various study centres. I need to move forward educationally but the result is dragging me behind.

NOUN I am not owing you guys. I have paid my due benevolent give me what belongs to me .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by noun2: 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
Your Last Bus-Stop For All NOUN Enquires/Solutions..

Get help on:

✅ *Admission Assistance/Enquiry:

✅ Tma Solutions 30/30 Guaranteed.

✅ *PAST QUESTIONS: 100L-800L (2014-2020)! _All Department..

✅ *Project Materials, Writing/Binding*

✅ *Seminar/Business Plan Writeup and Siwes Report.

For More Details: CLICK HERE

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hadibaba(m): 7:18am On Jan 25, 2021
Good morning, please I'm doing pgd info Tech, if i fail my only elective course for this semester but meet every other requirements will i be allowed to graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:43am On Jan 25, 2021
hadibaba:
Good morning, please I'm doing pgd info Tech, if i fail my only elective course for this semester but meet every other requirements will i be allowed to graduate?
You are required to earn 34units. You CORE courses alone is about 30units. I hope u have carried other electives and passed before? Do the maths by yourself
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hadibaba(m): 8:49am On Jan 25, 2021
Enskynelson:

You are required to earn 34units. You CORE courses alone is about 30units. I hope u have carried other electives and passed before? Do the maths by yourself
What if i have the 34units but failed the only elective i registered this semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2021
hadibaba:

What if i have the 34units but failed the only elective i registered this semester?
You will still make the graduation list provided all CORE courses are included in the 34units.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2021
NOUN Course materials are available for FREE on Q and A App.

-Get Your NOUN Past Questions for ALL Departments on Q and A App

-CIT Past Questions and Answers for ALL Levels are available on Q and A App.

E-exams Past Questions and Answers are available on the App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yak(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2021
Can anyone help me with PG students handbook for faculty of education?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2021
UPDATE!!!

Convocation Gown is now ready for collection. All graduands are to visit their study centre with evidence of payment to collect it.

Goodluck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by segsman(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
Let's save you the stress of clearance wahala and get your original certificate to you at your door step....this is 100% real* *chat me up asap 07063875320
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kizito55: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
Enskynelson:

Well, the minimum required is about 72units.
24units each in three semesters. Mathematically possible.
Please Sir, what tip(s) do you give for writing an exam in NOUN MBA an passing with distinction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pepperoniq(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.