Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3479722 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
Uzland:
Please if one relocates to another state, how can one change their study centre to the new location? Thanks.
Apply for change of study Centre at your former location and specify to be changed to your new location. Do that as soon as possible as the process is often slow
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Uzland: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Enskynelson:

Apply for change of study Centre at your former location and specify to be changed to your new location. Do that as soon as possible as the process is often slow
Thank you so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:39am On Aug 07, 2021
Things I have Observed on the Portal thus far
#1 M.Sc. Exams registration per course now 3k. If you registered earlier with 2k per course, you may later see a deduction from your wallet balance. In case you see negative balance sooner or later, this could be the one of the sources.
#2 Download course materials link has been added to your exams registration slip. This great innovation will help clear issues of not knowing which course materials is the right one especially those with different codes on them. With this, you won't study or download the wrong course materials for your course.
#3 As at the time of this writing, ,100L second semester course registration for Nursing Students who began last semester are not available. When u see such, you are not alone.
#4 Exams registration is still not very straight forward. After registering courses for M.Sc Public Health... To register the corresponding exams, I had to select 700L to see some courses and 900L before I could see the rest to register the exams. I saw no exams under the 800L where I belong. In case u may think 900L was responsible for the 3k per course, even the ones registered through 700L option had charges of 3k per course.

Conclusion
Don't panic when u see new things, different things from what u used to see. If things are not working for you yet in your registration, kindly exercise some patience cos this is just work in progress.

All the best for the 2021/2 semester!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Taiwolee1: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2021
Enskynelson:
#1 M.Sc. Exams registration per course now 3k. If you registered earlier with 2k per course, you may later see a deduction from your wallet balance. In case you see negative
balance sooner or later, this could be the one of the sources.
#2 Download course materials link has been added to your exams registration slip. This great innovation will help clear issues of not knowing which course materials is the right one especially those with different codes on them. With this, you won't study or download the wrong course materials for your course.
#3 As at the time of this writing, ,100L second semester course registration for Nursing Students who began last semester are not available. When u see such, you are not alone.
#4 Exams registration is still not very straight forward. After registering courses for M.Sc Public Health... To register the corresponding exams, I had to select 700L to see some courses and 900L before I could see the rest to register the exams. I saw no exams under the 800L where I belong. In case u may think 900L was responsible for the 3k per course, even the ones registered through 700L option had charges of 3k per course.

Conclusion
Don't panic when u see new things, different things from what u used to see. If things are not working for you yet in your registration, kindly exercise some patience cos this is just work in progress.

In a nutshell, are you saying that all exams registration for pg students are nw 3k? I mean from 700L to 800L.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chechem: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
Goodevening House,
I have a question that needs urgent answer...

I have a BSC in Political Science from UNN, I also possess an MSc from NOUN. I want to proceed to PhD but this time I want to go for Peace and Conflict Resolution. Can I gain admission directly into any University to study this new interest?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cytP450: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pls share link or pdf of maternal and child health for M.Sc public health
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cytP450: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
[quote author=cytP450 post=104530336][/quote]

Looking for maternal and child health for M.Sc Public health. Please can you share if you have
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
cytP450:
Pls share link or pdf of maternal and child health for M.Sc public health

When I registered PHS804, it was titled "maternal and child health" but when I tried to download the course material, the material was PHS804 but titled "Epidemiology II". On checking all the 800L courses and course materials for Health Sciences, I noticed PHS804 was "Epidemiology II" and there was no course as "maternal and child health"

Conclusion: The course "PHS804" is Epidemiology II but being wrongly titled in the course registration as "Maternal Child Health." Secondly, the course and course material "Maternal Child Health" for M.Sc. Public Health students currently does not exist.

Below is the link to all courses for M.Sc Public Health for now.
Cheers.

https://nou.edu.ng/courseware?field_faculty_name_value=Health+Sciences&field_level__value=800&field_semester_value=All
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Chechem:
Goodevening House,
I have a question that needs urgent answer...

I have a BSC in Political Science from UNN, I also possess an MSc from NOUN. I want to proceed to PhD but this time I want to go for Peace and Conflict Resolution. Can I gain admission directly into any University to study this new interest?
No Ph.D PCR currently in NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Taiwolee1:

In a nutshell, are you saying that all exams registration for pg students are nw 3k? I mean from 700L to 800L.
From my experience, YES 3k per course. Unless it was however an error which may be fixed later.
See attached.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by cytP450: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Enskynelson:

When I registered PHS804, it was titled "maternal and child health" but when I tried to download the course material, the material was PHS804 but titled "Epidemiology II". On checking all the 800L courses and course materials for Health Sciences, I noticed PHS804 was "Epidemiology II" and there was no course as "maternal and child health"

Conclusion: The course "PHS804" is Epidemiology II but being wrongly titled in the course registration as "Maternal Child Health." Secondly, the course and course material "Maternal Child Health" for M.Sc. Public Health students currently does not exist.

Below is the link to all courses for M.Sc Public Health for now.
Cheers.

https://nou.edu.ng/courseware?field_faculty_name_value=Health+Sciences&field_level__value=800&field_semester_value=All

I figured as much.

I thought it had been rectified.

Thanks for your always quick response. Thank you

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chechem: 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Enskynelson:

No Ph.D PCR currently in NOUN.

I didn't mean in NOUN, I was only trying to know if it is in line.

POLITICAL SCIENCE(BSC)- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION(MSC)- PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION(PHD)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oluhenry: 11:12am On Aug 08, 2021
Please can someone help me to get info on the requirements, and duration for PGD program in Noun and
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lahizak: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hello. I applied for MBA and I paid the application fee. I have also been to the NOUN office to submit my documents. I was told I have to upload the documents on the portal. Been trying to do that since but it is not responding. What can I do
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
lahizak:
Hello. I applied for MBA and I paid the application fee. I have also been to the NOUN office to submit my documents. I was told I have to upload the documents on the portal. Been trying to do that since but it is not responding. What can I do
Join our Telegram group to get one-on-one assistance - https:///WcpXI

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
lahizak:
Compress your file to less than 1mb
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by openuniversity: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Get help on:

✅ Admission Assistance/Enquiry:

✅ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup

✅ Seminar/Business Plan Writeup and Siwes Report.

✅ PAST QUESTIONS: 100L-800L (2014-2020)! All Department.

I. CHECKOUT HOW TO SCORE 100% IN ALL YOUR TMA

II. CHECKOUT THE COURSES TO REGISTER THIS SEMESTER/

III. GET TO KNOW THE EXACT FEES TO PAY THIS SEMESTER

For More Details: VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
NOUN ACTIVITIES FOR THIS WEEK

Rounding up of Portal Maintenance/Upgrade.
Uploading of 2021/1 Examination Result.
Presenting Projects Committee Reports.
Unlocking of Students' Suspended Portal.

Be inform 2021/2 Admission and Screening of new students as well as Course and Examination Registration is ongoing.

Misha Cares
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
NOUN UPDATE!!!

WUSE 2 STUDY CENTRE

Business Education, Primary Education and Early Childhood Education seminars comes up Tuesday 10th August,2021 by 9:00am at the Wuse 2 study centre Conference room.

Those concerned have been duly communicated.
Thank you

========================================

WUSE 2 STUDY CENTRE ABUJA

B.Sc. Computer Science/B.Sc. Information Technology and B.Sc. Biology seminars comes up today 9th August,2021 by 9:00am at the Wuse2 study centre Conference room.

Those concerned have been duly communicated.
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
Samisha500:
NOUN ACTIVITIES FOR THIS WEEK

Rounding up of Portal Maintenance/Upgrade.
Uploading of 2021/1 Examination Result.
Presenting Projects Committee Reports.
Unlocking of Students' Suspended Portal.

Be inform 2021/2 Admission and Screening of new students as well as Course and Examination Registration is ongoing.

Misha Cares
Good day sir.
Is there still hope for project submission at the study center?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
UEDIBO:

Good day sir.
Is there still hope for project submission at the study center?
Closes tomorrow
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
Enskynelson:

Closes tomorrow
OK sir.
Thank you so much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2021
INFORMATION ON RESEARCH PROJECT

Please find below the cost of project registration for undergraduates, PGD and masters.

1. Undergraduate - ₦15,000.00

2. Post-Graduate Diploma - ₦25,000.00

3. Masters - ₦40,000.00

Most important, you will register for your project on nouonline.net similar to the way you register other courses after successful funding of your e-wallet.

In addition, you will draft three topics, also called "proposed project topics", submit the topics (don't forget to add your details e.g names, matric etc) to your supervisor and one of the three topics would likely be approved or all rejected. Before you submit these topics to your supervisor, the first step is to present it to a faculty officer at your study centre who will assign a supervisor to you.

In some cases you would be asked to find your own supervisor from a conventional university with certain specified qualifications but, this is not common in NOUN.

Finally, let me remind us that, research project carry 6 credit units. Therefore, it is not an academic activity to joke with. Meanwhile, according to the information reaching us, uploading of finished/completed project is likely to end today 10th August. Don't hesitate to do the needful by contacting us @ MISHA CARES for your research project writing.

Contact us through the phone number below:

09051481358 (WhatsApp)

Thanks and do send us your questions should you have.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2021
IMPORTANT REMINDER ON PROJECT!!!

The deadline for uploading of research project remains today 10th August while Master students defence comes up on 12th August. The student portal, nouonline.net is opened for registration after maintenance exercise.

Hopefully, the portal for uploading project might be re-opened for the second time this semester but it is under probability. This is one of the reasons as an expert in NOUN related affairs, I usually advise students to embark on project in 400 level, first semester so as to round up on time.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximunimpact(m): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2021
Enskynelson:
#1 M.Sc. Exams registration per course now 3k. If you registered earlier with 2k per course, you may later see a deduction from your wallet balance. In case you see negative balance sooner or later, this could be the one of the sources.

Conclusion

Please i need urgent clarification on this matter:

I am a direct entry student in mass communication, i have passed all my exams except project since 2015.

This week i registered for the project and i notice there's no record of my exams in the portal, how can i reconcile my program with NOUN to reflect all my registered courses and exams?

I know i need to go to my study center for this but i am very far away from there, i need to know how to handle this so when i travel down I will not be clueless on what to do.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2021
maximunimpact:

Please i need urgent clarification on this matter:

I am a direct entry student in mass communication, i have passed all my exams except project since 2015.

This week i registered for the project and i notice there's no record of my exams in the portal, how can i reconcile my program with NOUN to reflect all my registered courses and exams?

I know i need to go to my study center for this but i am very far away from there, i need to know how to handle this so when i travel down I will not be clueless on what to do.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Please explain what u meant by the bolded.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximunimpact(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2021
Enskynelson:

Please explain what u meant by the bolded.

i mean my exam results are nolonger in my portal, the last time i saw my results on the portal was late 2019
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2021
maximunimpact:

i mean my exam results are nolonger in my portal, the last time i saw my results on the portal was late 2019
It is a general thing. Results are currently not in the portal for every student.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Uzland: 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
Enskynelson:

From my experience, YES 3k per course. Unless it was however an error which may be fixed later.
See attached.
Please does this increase in course reg. fee also affect fresh MSc applicants, or is it only those registering for 2nd semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Uzland:

Please does this increase in course reg. fee also affect fresh MSc applicants, or is it only those registering for 2nd semester?
For all PG Students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bisiofgod(m): 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Now that uploading of completed project on PAS has ended, when are we likely to defend the m.sc Thesis?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
embarassed
bisiofgod:
Now that uploading of completed project on PAS has ended, when are we likely to defend the m.sc Thesis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.