Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489622 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bidemi1608: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Hello, please I will like to know when the clearance process of graduands of 2021_2 will be? Are we still going to have our convocation this year? And where will the convocation take place?
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Bidemi1608:
Hello, please I will like to know when the clearance process of graduands of 2021_2 will be? Are we still going to have our convocation this year? And where will the convocation take place?
Thank you
Some Study Centres have begun clearance while others are waiting for official info about the convocation before they begin clearance. Convocation is currently scheduled for next month (all things being equal). The venue is NOUN HQ, Cadastral Zone, Jabi - Abuja. It may be virtual though due to COVID19 concern. You will get to know before then.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biggboy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
Good afternoon great people. My name was among the recently released graduation list of 2021_2 academic session.

Please what next now?

Can i request for statement of result now pending when the certificate will be ready?

Any idea when the certificate will be ready?

Thank you so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by K9blunt(f): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Enskynelson:

Do not register GST302. GST301 = GST302.

Thanks a lot.... Noted!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
biggboy:
Good afternoon great people. My name was among the recently released graduation list of 2021_2 academic session.

Please what next now?

Can i request for statement of result now pending when the certificate will be ready?

Any idea when the certificate will be ready?

Thank you so much.

First, go to your study centre with your complete ewallet from your very first semester till your last semester for verification.

You can send an email to the Academic Registry for a statement of result. Meanwhile, convocation will be ready next month because convocation is next month.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biggboy(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
Fkjsd:

First, go to your study centre with your complete ewallet from your very first semester till your last semester for verification.

You can send an email to the Academic Registry for a statement of result. Meanwhile, convocation will be ready next month because convocation is next month.
Thank you so much. I will visit the Study center on Monday. Please whats the email address of the Academic Registry?

Meaning i can get my certificate next month after the convocation?

Thank you so much sir for the response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
biggboy:
Thank you so much. I will visit the Study center on Monday. Please whats the email address of the Academic Registry?

Meaning i can get my certificate next month after the convocation?

Thank you so much sir for the response.

If it is after convocation you want the statement of result, then just collect your certificate after the convocation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YakubuLagos(f): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Fkjsd:

@Fkjsd

Will there still be another graduating list?

My results was released 3 or 4 days ago.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YakubuLagos(f): 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
YakubuLagos:

@Fkjsd

Will there still be another graduating list for pgd?

My results was released 3 or 4 days ago.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=YakubuLagos post=110545876][/quote]

Yes there will be more lists for postgraduates and undergraduates.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YakubuLagos(f): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
Fkjsd:

Yes there will be more lists for postgraduates and undergraduates.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macuwon(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please do undergraduates from noun go for nysc like the conventional universities?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macuwon(m): 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please can someone with a hnd in mass communication do a pgd or masters in ICT?

Note. Mass communication is under social science while ICT is science.
Also the waec requirement of physics and other science subjects is not met.
But the person has a current work experience in ICT and wants to further.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by saidubaba: 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please where are we going to collect the certificate,is it Lagos or Abuja.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
macuwon:
Please can someone with a hnd in mass communication do a pgd or masters in ICT?

Note. Mass communication is under social science while ICT is science.
Also the waec requirement of physics and other science subjects is not met.
But the person has a current work experience in ICT and wants to further.
Not possible. Even the O level has disqualified the person.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sikay19(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Someone said I can't study Political science or Development Studies with Merit in NCE result. Is that true ?

And then, can I purchase the form before the registration closes and make every payment for the registration later?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2022
Sikay19:
Someone said I can't study Political science or Development Studies with Merit in NCE result. Is that true ?

And then, can I purchase the form before the registration closes and make every payment for the registration later?
Requirement for DE Political Science is at least a C in Political Science in your NCE results. I think you are qualified provided you meet the O Level Requirements.
Yes, you can apply for the admission now and register next semester if you cannot Register this semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:07am On Feb 26, 2022
macuwon:
Please do undergraduates from noun go for nysc like the conventional universities?
No
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2022
saidubaba:
Please where are we going to collect the certificate,is it Lagos or Abuja.

If your study centre is Lagos, you will get it there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:13am On Feb 26, 2022
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

▪️ Admission Processing
▪️DM me now incase you need a transcript softcopy or hard copy and willing to pay. #Japa✈️

▪️This opportunity will save you from sending transcript to different schools. #Japa ✈️

▪️Change of study centre is available and on going ..

▪️For your past questions,
Note: Exam is approaching very soon

▪️ Comprehensive results(Cgpa & Past Results)

▪️Let’s us handle your business plan ( gst302)
▪️Project research and topics

▪️Siwes and IT

▪️Other NOUN related
INTERESTED CANDIDATES ONLY!

MACHARTHONY SOLUTIONS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sikay19(m): 9:58am On Feb 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Requirement for DE Political Science is at least a C in Political Science in your NCE results. I think you are qualified provided you meet the O Level Requirements.
Yes, you can apply for the admission now and register next semester if you cannot Register this semester.
Actually sir, I have Merit not C grade sir. C Grade is 4 points while Merit is 3 points. This is my fear sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macuwon(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Damn! Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macuwon(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2022
Anthonyo15:
No

Wahala. I thought they do

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
Sikay19:

Actually sir, I have Merit not C grade sir. C Grade is 4 points while Merit is 3 points. This is my fear sir.
Oh... I see. I forgot, I mistook it for the other way round. If you fill the form, you will most likely be declined automatically
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

Oh... I see. I forgot, I mistook it for the other way round. If you fill the form, you will most likely be declined automatically
Pls sir if it happens that a masters student fail, let`s assume two courses (Only 2 courses out of the total required courses in a programme) with total CU of 5.
Will one be required to write only the two courses or borrow another courses to meet up with the minimum CU for cgpa calc?
Also i got 49 in a course gst807, but i failed it.
Does it mean 49 is not a passmark at MSc level?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by doghorp(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
Pass Mark is 50% for Masters Degree
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Pls sir if it happens that a masters student fail, let`s assume two courses (Only 2 courses out of the total required courses in a programme) with total CU of 5.
Will one be required to write only the two courses or borrow another courses to meet up with the minimum CU for cgpa calc?
Also i got 49 in a course gst807, but i failed it.
Does it mean 49 is not a passmark at MSc level?

You can register only those 5 units provided you don't have other outstanding courses. You must not carry other courses along provided if you do these 5units and add to the existing ones, you will be able to meet up with the minimum required.
YES, 49 is FAIL. In M.Sc., you either have A, B, C or F. Nothing like D, or E. Hence, the minimum CGPA for graduation is tied at 3.0 (average of C). Imagine 'passing' all your courses with D (2.0 CGPA) and not being able to graduate! This is why the minium score to pass a course is pegged at 50/100 ('C).
Cheers. NB: Most of the M.Sc requires at least 32TGPE before you can graduate. Check all the courses you have have passed. Add their units together to find out your TGPE. Note however that M.ED, MBA, M.Sc. Public Health requires much more.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
Enskynelson:

You can register only those 5 units provided you don't have other outstanding courses. You must not carry other courses along provided if you do these 5units and add to the existing ones, you will be able to meet up with the minimum required.
YES, 49 is FAIL. In M.Sc., you either have A, B, C or F. Nothing like D, or E. Hence, the minimum CGPA for graduation is tied at 3.0 (average of C). Imagine 'passing' all your courses with D (2.0 CGPA) and not being able to graduate! This is why the minium score to pass a course is pegged at 50/100 ('C).
Cheers. NB: Most of the M.Sc requires at least 32TGPE before you can graduate. Check all the courses you have have passed. Add their units together to find out your TGPE. Note however that M.ED, MBA, M.Sc. Public Health requires much more.
Wow! Thank u for this piece of information.
I find it Helpful.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Dear Enskynelson,
Thanks so much for the job you are doing here. Please I have a concern, I summited my project last year November and am yet to see the result. A classmate that we summited same time has seen hers.
What might be wrong? Is there anything I can do to confirm status? I need to graduate next month and am already worried.
Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 27, 2022
Enskynelson:

Hi, if an M.Sc student fails a course, and then redo it and pass.
Will the F be added to the cgpa calculation too?
Or only the new grade will be used in the calculation??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2022
4601CE:

Hi, if someone fails a course, and then redo it and pass.
Will the F be added to the cgpa calculation too?
Yes, definitely. That's why those F affects your CGPA. Your Total Credits Carried will be higher. Your Total Grade Points Earned will be divided by the TCC and the TCC will include the time you had CO and the time u passed.

4601CE

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Fkj2021, mistiking and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.