Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485924 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by YakubuLagos(f): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hello everyone...

My project result came out two days ago.

My question is, will there still going to be another graduation list for postgraduate students?

If there is going to be another list, do upload here for me to view and for the benefit of others.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pongwa(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

NO! They won't remove me because I'm saying the truth. I'm trying safe innocent ones from falling into that pit hole so that they don't make a grave mistake because wasting 4 years and money is so fuc!<in' grave mistake In fact , one with small mind can commit suicide. You're already in that shit, don't MISLEAD others ok!
talk anything you like

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iskilayodele: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Well, at least we don't go on strike like the conventional universities. And in addition, malpractice, sex for marks and sorting do not exist in NOUN as it were in conventional university. Therefore, the level of dedication of students to their studies is at maximum compared to NOUN adversaries

Seaseason07:

NO! They won't remove me because I'm saying the truth. I'm trying safe innocent ones from falling into that pit hole so that they don't make a grave mistake because wasting 4 years and money is so fuc!<in' grave mistake In fact , one with small mind can commit suicide. You're already in that shit, don't MISLEAD others ok!

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

I can give you the contact of someone doing Ph.D outside Nigeria with NOUN M.Sc. Information Technology. Yes, NOUN has her challenges but you don't come here with all truths mixed with lies. Many persons working have earned promotions with NOUN cert and u say the cert is not recognised! Yes, there are discrimination but it's not with NOUN alone. You don't expect your degree from Caritas University to be compared fairly with that of UNILAG or UI!
If it's recognition, NOUN certs are well recognised because the programmes are Nuc-approved.
Recognition issue? NO. Discrimination? YES.

9 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Seaseason07: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
iskilayodele:
Well, at least we don't go on strike like the conventional universities. And in addition, malpractice, sex for marks and sorting do not exist in NOUN as it were in conventional university. Therefore, the level of dedication of students to their studies is at maximum compared to NOUN adversaries

Continue live in your false Paradise. Ask yourself. Why NOUN Degrees are rejected by federal Universities? Once you aquired your first degree there, you can't further at any Federal University and I know of some State Universities too. Why wasting your time and money? You can never further your education any else in the world and if you must in Nigeria, it must be in NOUN. Big RESTRICTIONS! Never too late to drop out now. I pity you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Seaseason07: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
Enskynelson:

I can give you the contact of someone doing Ph.D outside Nigeria with NOUN M.Sc. Information Technology. Yes, NOUN has her challenges but you don't come here with all truths mixed with lies. Many persons working have earned promotions with NOUN cert and u say the cert is not recognised! Yes, there are discrimination but it's not with NOUN alone. You don't expect your degree from Caritas University to be compared fairly with that of UNILAG or UI!
If it's recognition, NOUN certs are well recognised because the programmes are Nuc-approved.
Recognition issue? NO. Discrimination? YES.
Someone? C'mon! What are you saying.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iskilayodele: 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
Well, you may be right that some conventional universities in Nigeria eg. University of Abuja do deny NOUN students admission for post graduate studies. There is no doubt about that. However, the panacea to this is simply for NOUN to up her entry standards in order to be admitting quality students.

Like the op above said, in terms of recognition , we are recognized world wide but in terms of discrimination, yes, we are discriminated against within Nigeria but not abroad.

Mind you, even private universities in Nigeria are discriminated against; same as our polytechnics . Similarly, federal and state degree certificates also face discrimination abroad, especially in the job market just as your black skin colour will face discrimination if you travel abroad

Seaseason07:

Continue live in your false Paradise. Ask yourself. Why NOUN Degrees are rejected by federal Universities? Once you aquired your first degree there, you can't further at any Federal University and I know of some State Universities too. Why wasting your time and money? You can never further your education any else in the world and if you must in Nigeria, it must be in NOUN. Big RESTRICTIONS! Never too late to drop out now. I pity you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07
You talk about cram and pour...
1. The most independent learners out there are NOUN students. Imagine studying to understand yourself... That is NOUN.
2. You go to State University, you can earn your degree by sleeping with some lecturers to earn marks...
3. U can choose to bribe them to earn marks. In NOUN, the chances for such is quite slim.

4. No lecturer will harrass you sexually; no lecturer will tell you you must buy handouts or stand the chance of failing his course; no lecturer will give you scores based on your face,tribe or religion... In fact, the one marking scripts has very little chance of being biased towards the students.

5. NOUN will not victimise you because those grading you have no knowledge of your identity.

6. Talking about strike... I need not explain further that NOUN students enjoy programmes without strike.
Yes, there are loopholes but there is no University in Nigeria that can boast of the advantages hilighted above.

7. No University in Nigeria can boast of cult-free studies.

In conclusion, I want to remind you that when NECO was first introduced, there were discriminations... But today, NECO is gradually becoming equal to WAEC. The future of the world is Technology. NOUN is the future. Screenshot this, frame it and hang it in your living room for your children's children.

6 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

U want evidence. I have evidence. If u don't understand what I said, go back there and read it again but this time, with your mind opened. Don't argue with your mind closed against light. You have your point... But it's not about recognition. It's rather descrimination and these we see everywhere.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

I am using mine to study outside and it is a degree in Law. It is unfair to say things from a prejudicial point of view especially what you have no knowledge of!.

If you must know, I was one of the first batch of students admitted by NOUN in 2003. I abandoned my studies at some point when I felt like you that they were unserious but I resumed after they got their acts together. I got another degree outside of Noun but came back here because Law has always been my passion.

They've had their fair share of problems and I can tell you they have and are becoming more efficient. Nevertheless, that it isn't enough reason to condemn them in such unequivocal manner like you do.

6 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

Former president? grin grin grin Hello! Listen to me. If you're in 300L in NOUN, and you drop out to start from 100L in a conventional University, no one will blame you for it. In fact, in 4 years to come, you'd thank yourself for taken that decision. I WILL KEEP TELLING AN ASPIRANTS TO STAY AWAY FROM NONU. No certificate from NOUN is useful. A certificate rejected from here In Nigeria? Nowhere in the world would accept it. In fact I keep telling any aspirant to seek an admission in either Federal or State University. Some certificates from private Universities in Nigeria are not accepted talk of la cram-la pour NOUN Called University. You'd better drop out now before is too late.

Lol. NOUN certificate rejected? I can still prove to you 100% that NOUN certificate is accepted worldwide. Let me give you some examples, most nurses in over 80% of Federal Medical Centres who want to continue education (B,NSc) are either NOUN graduates or still schooling and I can tell you that all their certificates are used for promotion in their places of work. That is just an example.

I can also give me so many examples where NOUN graduates have gotten scholarships and admissions to study outside the country using NOUN certificates. Go to National Assembly, a lot of workers and members of the house are either NOUN students or graduates. Ask those in paramilitary, Army, police, navy and so on, most of them especially their top shots are either NOUN students or graduates.

What i am saying is that if NOUN certificate is irrelevant, then these people i used as examples will not even come close.

NOUN is accredited by NUC and it is a federal institution just like any other federal conventional university but its mode of operation is different from conventional university.

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
FACULTY OF EDUCATION NOUN
IMPORTANT AND URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT

Those complaining of non-release of TP or any other non-examinable to please send the following immediately to fedu@noun.edu.ng and copy joowolabi@noun.edu.ng

1) Evidence of registration of the course/courses

2) PAS print out

3) This should be done between now and 10 am tomorrow, for compilation and submission to the DEA for further action

NB: Meet your Desk Officer for assistance on the above.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oricha62(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seaseason07:

So that means you know better than NUC.WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jhoshy55: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
THRASHHHHH
I got an admission in the US for Master's programme with NOUN PGD.
Seaseason07:

[s]Continue live in your false Paradise. Ask yourself. Why NOUN Degrees are rejected by federal Universities? Once you aquired your first degree there, you can't further at any Federal University and I know of some State Universities too. Why wasting your time and money? You can never further your education any else in the world and if you must in Nigeria, it must be in NOUN. Big RESTRICTIONS! Never too late to drop out now. I pity you[/s]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Padra(f): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
pls is it for 1st or 2nd semester?

I saw it in first semester o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iskilayodele: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Matter of urgency: I have not seen my teaching practice and project results uploaded in my portal. It's long overdue.
Pls who is also in the situation with me?

Course: PGD in Education, 2nd semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OriyomiDenike(f): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hi, I am in 400L first semester, I registered for my research project this semester but my study centre said I can not write my project until the 2nd semester of 400L. Will I have to register it next semester again or the payment will still be valid next semester? How do I go about this?
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UEDIBO: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
YakubuLagos:
Hello everyone...

My project result came out two days ago.

My question is, will there still going to be another graduation list for postgraduate students?

If there is going to be another list, do upload here for me to view and for the benefit of others.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
OriyomiDenike:
Hi, I am in 400L first semester, I registered for my research project this semester but my study centre said I can not write my project until the 2nd semester of 400L. Will I have to register it next semester again or the payment will still be valid next semester? How do I go about this?
Thanks.

You do not have to register your project again. It will be valid till next semester

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
iskilayodele:
Matter of urgency: I have not seen my teaching practice and project results uploaded in my portal. It's long overdue.
Pls who is also in the situation with me?

Course: PGD in Education, 2nd semester
Look up and see urgent info on this subject
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olokings(m): 6:27am On Feb 24, 2022
Hello Person,

I believe it's you who have prejudice against NOUN awarded credentials for reasons you're yet to tell us all.

I, not someone I know, am working in one of the top 3 govt institutions, and gained my promotion as well as qualified ffor middle management academics with my NOUN credentials.

If certain Nig. Fed universities discriminate against NOUN credentials, do you investigation very well and you'll ser its usually the biased interpretations of the screening officer and not any of the university's policy.

Funny enough, I even experienced that in NOUN when they discriminated against my earlier diploma certificate.

Do your research, gain more insights, and make informed and educated judgements.

I bid you best of luck in your future endeavors with any school you choose.

As for fellows, I'll give you a direct first hand advise, if you want to work and learn, NOUN is still the best, cheapest, and most flexible learning institution.

If I have my way, I'd pressure both my masters and phd there.

Ciao!!!.

Seaseason07:

5 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rien05(f): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hello guys.

Would you like to pursue an MBA from an American university that is 100% online to compliment your NOUN degree?
Nexford University is an American University that offers affordable, flexible, and 100% online programs. New sessions begin on the first of every month and tuition payment is monthly.

You can study from where ever you are and graduate in the US. Check here- https:///3hX9mvP to get a copy of the program brochure.
I also blog about my MBA journey on Telegram. Please search "Nexford University Students (Blog)" on Telegram.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Online Orientation Webinar for Students

The DEA, DE&GS and LCMS directorates are organizing a joint webinar for students to guide them on online learning activities and TMAs for the current semester.

The schedule of the event is as follows:
Topic: 2022_1 Online Orientation (Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 @ 2PM)
When: Mar 2, 2022 02:00 PM West Central Africa

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://noun.zoom.us/j/96440828069?pwd=V3VrbldOeUdFRUM0NHZUOWJLSzY5QT09

Meeting ID: 964 4082 8069
Passcode: 295872
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by latosolorunwa(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Call me for Education research project on 08189893471
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by doghorp(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
Take note most University don't accept less than 3.00 for masters Degree, Even if you have 2.99 u will need to do a PGD before you are admitted for masters Degree.
Do your findings before you come online to discriminate against a time we assume without asking questions. Why was a student not given admission at a conventional university.
Please nobody should come online and say anything about university of Abuja, I know they wasted my friend time studying medicine and surgery and later it was not accredited and that how my friend left that School to NOUN to do a degree in Environmental Health
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Dara2: 4:13am On Feb 25, 2022
Morning house... Please there are just 6 courses available for registration in my portal - 200 level 2nd semester (Criminology)

Some courses that are said to be compulsory on the nou.edu.ng forum isn't available on the portal.

Do i have to be worried or Should i continue registration?

Thank you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkjsd: 5:51am On Feb 25, 2022
Dara2:
Morning house... Please there are just 6 courses available for registration in my portal - 200 level 2nd semester (Criminology)

Some courses that are said to be compulsory on the nou.edu.ng forum isn't available on the portal.

Do i have to be worried or Should i continue registration?

Thank you!

Register what you have in your portal. You do not have to worry
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by enohorglo(f): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2022
Hello good morning, I need assistance with funding my wallet so that I can register for courses, also how many elective courses am I expected to do. I applied for Masters in Public Administration.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by K9blunt(f): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2022
Hi... I am an old student (2011)

I have registered, did the exam and passed Gst 301 before it got scrapped, now I tried registering Gst 302 but it doesn't (as well as a few core courses) appear on list of registrable courses in my portal... Should I be concerned or am I covered since I've already done Gst 301?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:35am On Feb 25, 2022
K9blunt:
Hi... I am an old student (2011)

I have registered, did the exam and passed Gst 301 before it got scrapped, now I tried registering Gst 302 but it doesn't (as well as a few core courses) appear on list of registrable courses in my portal... Should I be concerned or am I covered since I've already done Gst 301?
Do not register GST302. GST301 = GST302.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.