Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503281 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
COMPULSORY SIWES/IT FOR ACCOUNTING STUDENTS

SIWES /IT is now compulsory for all Accounting students in 300 level second semester.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by codemaster2much: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hi guys , when is the commencement of new masters programme and how many years and cost of running it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
codemaster2much:
Hi guys , when is the commencement of new masters programme and how many years and cost of running it
Now is the best time. Duration is 18 months (3 semesters). Cost is around 165k and above.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by noun3: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'..
...more than 8 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home!,,,

Get help on:

▶️ 2024_1 Admission Assistance/Enquiry.
▶️ NOUN PAST QUESTIONS (2018-2023)
▶️ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup....

(I). NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
CLICK HERE

(III). Basic Facts You Need to Know About NOUN
CLICK HERE

For other related updates, VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Exumal: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2022
noun3:
Your Last Bus-Stop for all NOUN Enquires/Solutions.

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'..
...more than 7 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home!,,,

Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry.
▶️ NOUN PAST QUESTIONS (2014-2021)
▶️ Project Topics, Materials & Writeup....

(I). NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
CLICK HERE
/

(II). NOUN Graduation List 2021/2022..
CLICK HERE

(III). Basic Facts You Need to Know About NOUN
CLICK HERE

For other related updates, VISIT

Is jamb require for undergraduates programs?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2022
Please I need advice regarding PhD at NOUN.
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2022
Exumal:

Is jamb require for undergraduates programs?
NO. Only O'Level
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2022
NOUN TRENDING NEWS AND FAQs

Happy New Week,

Here are the top trending news in NOUN as at today, 25th July, 2022.

✨ BSc Accounting students in 300 level, 2nd semester are now eligible to enrol for IT/SIWES

✨ Actual date for release of 2022/1 exam results remain undisclosed by DEA

✨ New session, i.e 2022/2 began on July 12th, 2022

✨ 2022/2 course and exam registration predicted to close in September due to late release of results

✨ All students are advised to activate their e-ticket portal and NOUN e-mail for easy communication and information

✨ Management silent over refund of N5,000 to graduands for graduation gown

Thank you for staying with us. We promise to continue bringing you more verified and highly informative updates in NOUN.

MISHA CARES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundelomo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good day all, please I need ur help, I have done semester registration but I could not logged on for further registration with d same password I used for semester registration as I was getting error message of invalid username or password2. I have done password reset nd send mail for support but no reply yet. Is there anyone experiencing such issue nd knows how to resolve it. I will really appreciate ur help. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ijefloama: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ijefloama: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
This is exactly the same issue I am going through. Kindly let me know how you resolve yours.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ijefloama:
This is exactly the same issue I am going through. Kindly let me know how you resolve yours.
Activate your student email... yourMatricNo@noun.edu.ng
Password is matriculation number in BLOCK letters.
Login. Once the mail is activated, request for a password reset from your student portal. the new password will be sent to the mail.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
tundelomo:
Good day all, please I need ur help, I have done semester registration but I could not logged on for further registration with d same password I used for semester registration as I was getting error message of invalid username or password2. I have done password reset nd send mail for support but no reply yet. Is there anyone experiencing such issue nd knows how to resolve it. I will really appreciate ur help. Thanks
Login. Once the mail is activated, request for a password reset from your student portal. the new password will be sent to the mail.
The NOUN student email is where the password reset is sent to.

Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ijefloama: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
I have done all these and more.. in fact, I used my Matric Number to login my Gmail app, opera gmail web, fire fox, etc all I get the same answer: No user with this email, wrong email, Matric number wrong, wrong password etc. Funnily enough, three other people that got their mat nos. Yesterday did theirs and were successful. I registered on portal and got SUCCESSFUL. IF I TRY LOGGING ON MY portal it returns with wrong PASSWORD or no user. I have also done recovery of password and the pop I get is::: LINK HAS BEEN SENT TO YOUR STUDENT EMAIL. But I can't access the email!!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundelomo(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
[quote author=Enskynelson post=115104915]
The NOUN student email is where the password reset is sent to.

Thanks. But how does one activate d student email
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
[quote author=tundelomo post=115109498][/quote]
It's explained above. Just to to gmail.com. click sign in. Your noun student loans mail is yourMatricNo@noun.edu.ng. Password is your matriculation number in BLOCK letters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by latestnaijagot(m): 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
NOUN is getting better now......unlike few years back
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundelomo(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
I've done all these, was able to register on all other platforms but I still couldn't log in to register with d password sent to my noun student email. Still getting d same invalid username or password2
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundelomo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ijefloama:
finally able to login. Google Gmail, from d Gmail log in page, just enter ur matric in small letters I.e nou123...@noun.edu.ng as ur user name nd ur matric number in capital as ur password follow d prompt and click on agree on Gmail terms of agreement. Ur student email will be activated, then go to ur portal nd reset ur password, d password would be sent to ur student mail use d password to login but ur username will now be ur matric number in small letters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugreat(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2022
For aspiring NOUN PGD(including MSc) student, select VI as your study centre for smooth onboarding, every other study centre still uses VI and they are still struggling on registration for PGD students
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2022
ugreat:

Thanks for the update.
I have been able to upload my documents. What next? Guess Matric number? How long does it take?
one day, visit the study center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HumorMe(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2022
Exumal:

Is there any course one can study with pass in mathematics?
Nah.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugreat(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
HumorMe:
one day, visit the study center.

Done! Collected Matric number. Now it's time to fire up with fellow MSc studies. Is there any online group for MSc students I can join, preferably MSc in IT?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sikay19(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
As a fresh 200level students who got admission through direct entry. How much am I paying for tuition fee ?

Is it 36k or 18k?

Cc
Enskynelson
Samisha500
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugreat(m): 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
tundelomo:
finally able to login. Google Gmail, from d Gmail log in page, just enter ur matric in small letters I.e nou123...@noun.edu.ng as ur user name nd ur matric number in capital as ur password follow d prompt and click on agree on Gmail terms of agreement. Ur student email will be activated, then go to ur portal nd reset ur password, d password would be sent to ur student mail use d password to login but ur username will now be ur matric number in small letters.

You didn't state what you did differently or did it just opened on its own?
I'm having same issue atm
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Demmieviere(f): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2022
Enskynelson:

Hi Sir.
I have some questions to ask yhu.
As a new student who made a mistake while choosing my study center. (I did chose Obalende SC instead of VI..)
I intend changing it back to VI, but was asked not to bcuz VI isn't meant to be a study center initially. Was told a meeting was held nd they concluded d study center might be moved back to the mainland as from nxt year as the place is just being used temporarily. HOW TRUE IS THIS SIR?
2NDLY, Is there any gap difference btw both study center? (Obalende nd VI) ? Which is better?

As a New student, how do we go abt our studies since there's no much physical classes/lecture? You guy should pls put us through cuz I'm totally lost. I have a pratical course, how do we go abt the practicals with nobody guiding us? Is that I have to study nd understand this on my own?

As a new student, do i still have to pay for the Study material(Don't even know what that is),
After paying a sum of 75k into my wallet nd having just 1.5 left.
Can u please explain the Fee break down or at least share a link.
*Is the sch ID card inclusive in the breakdown of the total fees payed? Cuz this cafe guy is asking me to pay another 1500 for d sch ID..
Lastly, is the fee paid for two semesters(100level) or just one nd when are we starting classes fully? I don't even know when to start Reading or getting serious.

You guys should pls put the New students through. I'm so lost nd confused that I don't have d slightest idea on how the sch is being RUN.

I'm Lost, someone must find me o! HELP A SIS PLEASE. �
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:54am On Jul 28, 2022
Demmieviere:

Hi Sir.
As a new student who made a mistake while choosing my study center. (I did chose Obalende SC instead of VI..)
I intend changing it back to VI, but was asked not to bcuz VI isn't meant to be a study center initially. Was told a meeting was held nd they concluded d study center might be moved back to the mainland as from nxt year as the place is just being used temporarily. HOW TRUE IS THIS SIR?
2NDLY, Is there any gap difference btw both study center? (Obalende nd VI) ? Which is better?

As a New student, how do we go abt our studies since there's no much physical classes/lecture? You guy should pls put us through cuz I'm totally lost. I have a pratical course, how do we go abt the practicals with nobody guiding us? Is that I have to study nd understand this on my own?

As a new student, do i still have to pay for the Study material(Don't even know what that is),
*Is the sch ID card inclusive in the breakdown of the total fees payed? Cuz this cafe guy is asking me to pay another 1500 for d sch ID..
Lastly, is the fee paid for two semesters(100level) or just one nd when are we starting classes fully? I don't even know when to start Reading or getting serious.

You guys should pls put the New students through. I'm so lost nd confused that I don't have d slightest idea on how the sch is being RUN.

Samisha500 will respond to your question regarding study centre more as regards location and proximity to your residential address.
There is no difference between both... U are to choose the one closer to you so you don't waste money on TP going there.

Here is a brief.
NOUN programmes are a bit different. Registration is every semester. You will pay fees again for second semester although it will be less in you subsequent semesters.

The course materials are the books you need to study for your registered courses. Once you registered like you just did, you are to go to your study centre for the course materials (no additional cost). All exams and test (TMA) questions come from there. So once you get your course materials and begin studying as your performance will depend more on the time u spend on studying personally.

Your exams and are fill in the gap and objective questions and they are all computer-based taken at your study centre.
Send me a dm for telegram group and if u have further info
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sikay19(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2022
Sikay19:
As a fresh 200level students who got admission through direct entry. How much am I paying for tuition fee ?

Is it 36k or 18k?

Cc
Enskynelson
Samisha500

Enskynelson

Samisha500
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2022
Sikay19:

Enskynelson

Samisha500
Fresh UG students pay 36k for semester registration
While fresh PG students pay 35k. Subsequently, you pay 18k for semester registration. This is done every semester.

Note that aside this, you will be required to pay for your course and exams registration without which you will not be able take tests (TMAs) and exams.
So... The 36k is not all you will pay. You will still pay additional fees that varies depending on the number of courses you have for the semester.
Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:03am On Jul 28, 2022
Demmieviere:

Hi Sir.

Talking about ID card, ID provided by NOUN is temporary ID and not those plastic IDs. The reason is because, you are required to present new IDs every semester. This means, you ID should just be printed and laminated and not a serious ID. The school provides the ID on your portal and yours is to print and laminate. So... Any charges for ID should be for the printing and lamination.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sikay19(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Enskynelson:

While fresh PG students pay 35k. Subsequently, you pay 18k for semester registration. This is done every semester.

Note that aside this, you will be required to pay for your course and exams registration without which you will not be able take tests (TMAs) and exams.
So... The 36k is not all you will pay. You will still pay additional fees that varies depending on the number of courses you have for the semester.
Cheers.

Now I understand perfectly. I was awre that I would pay for course and exam registration. Thank you very much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LieutGen: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2022
Enskynelson:

Eeh!? Did you say every semester or once in a year/level?

Please let me understand this well. As an UG student, in first semester, i will pay 36k + Course Reg + Exam Reg. In 2nd semester would i still pay 18k + Course Reg + Exam Reg OR just Course Reg & Exam Reg?

I was thinking that the 36k or 18k is paid annually as it may apply in each level.

Please help clarify

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.