Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482573 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by abkgrassroots: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2023
OPEN LETTER TO VICE- CHANCELLOR, NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, PROF. OLUFEMI PETERS - ABEOKUTA STUDY CENTER

We are an initiative of Abeokuta grassroots, and it has become absolutely necessary to pen this open letter to you, having been notified of writing several petitions against the current Centre Director, Oba-Adenuga, Olusegun, with little or no action, especially as the person in question has remained the Director, without any end to the tyranny being experienced at the centre. It is now clear that the management of NOUN is in agreement with the cruelty and total despotism being carried out by its appointed leadership of Abeokuta Study Centre.

Perhaps, we should start by requesting for the management to make enquiries about the circumstances surrounding the termination of Oba-Adenuga’s appointment as a lecturer at Olabisi Onabanjo University and as a pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It is undeniably obvious that the management of NOUN does zero background checks, referee/guarantor’s investigations, before appointing rogues into its system. However, we would rather not blame NOUN in totality because the character called, Oba-Adenuga is an orator and 2-faced, who always has his way out of every situation through lies and backstabbing, plus it is very possible that, while he flaunts Christianity as a religion, his confirmed modus operandi, which is via fetish ways, is suspected to have bailed him out up until this point. Among the above is why his religious/tribal intolerance has made him confine staff members of Islam origin to areas close to septic tanks to make prayers, since they are forbidden to go elsewhere for their prayers, while he ensures administrative activities are suspended for at least 1 hour, while Christian staff members attend to hypocritical fellowships every Wednesday.

Despite the mountain of accusations against him, by students, staff and superiors alike, e.g. Prof. Ojo, who has reported his autocracy and by extension via the suspension of the use of Abeokuta Study Centre as a marking centre for the university, the university management decided to look the other way through her uncanny inactions.

Unfortunately, we will not open our eyes and allow an Ijebu indigene, soil the good name of Abeokuta and deny its students access to education or being forced to relocate to other study centres like Ilaro Study Centre, or other higher institutions, because of a glutton, who seem to become suddenly high on some cheap drugs, the minute someone yells “Kabiyesi o!”. Perhaps, we should inquire about the location of his palace, so as to substantiate the unnecessary appellation in an institution of higher learning.

The promptness of this open letter, amongst several other reasons, was initiated by the indiscriminate hikes in the rates being paid by cyber cafe operators operating within the premises of the centre. A little background into the situation is the fact that the operators were allowed into the premises at the rate of N42,000 per year sometime in 2021, being payment for about a 10 x 12 ft land space. The operators are expected to provide their structures e.g. containers or plywood buildings and any other concrete works, as required. These costs, running into hundreds of thousands of naira, are to be provided by the operators, including provision of electricity. Invariably, what the operators paid for is just for a 10 x 12 land space for a year. Suddenly, even while the rent had not expired, the director, jacked the price up to N120,000 per year as at July 2022, and while the operators were still confused as to what to do, he wrote another memo, through his known watchdogs and as signed by them, in the persons of Mrs. Miracle Njeze (Chairman, IGR and Examination Committee) and Mr. Olusina Owolabi (Chairman, Taskforce), to increase the lease of a 10 x 12 ft land space to N180,000 per year (see attached memo). Hopelessness and despondence filled the atmosphere the day they were communicated the new development, especially as they were openly insensitive to the investment the poor operators put on the premises in less than a year, before the expiration of their first rent. It is mainly sad because, the operators, while the increment can be at the discretion of the university, it is an oppression to still dictate the pricing allowed to quote for the fast dwindling student population at Abeokuta Study Centre.

While the centre makes over N3,000,000 every semester through the sale of files @N3,500, examination clearance and shop space lease, it is difficult not to believe that the university management is not encouraging this behaviour in this whole animal farm reality TV show, due to the amount of money the centre rakes in every semester for the university.

Students have been denied access to examinations due to Oba-Adenuga’s policies. As a matter of fact, a staff in the person of Mr. Bashir was almost lynched to death at the last e-examination, because a student was out rightly denied access to write his exams because he wore dreadlocks. In fairness to the university, it is clear that majority of the policies being run at Abeokuta Study Centre are alien to the university management; because if it were, the students would have been notified through their various correspondence channels, long before the commencement of exams. Another example of these alien policies is the closing of the main gate against students, prospective students, non-students and cybercafé operator clients during exams, for periods longer than 45minutes. It always more like a hostage situation, during examinations, with Oba-Adenuga. Truly, no-one is stopping the management from locking the administrative block’s building, where the exams are taking place, but locking the main gate against people who are in the premises for reasons different from writing examinations is totally uncalled for.

Also, reports are all over how he makes financial demands from project students under him, and how he frustrates and makes students wait for long periods, before they are attended to. Various sums are demanded from students from time to time, in order to get little things done at the centre. Things as little as printing paper are bought by students to get their requests attended to, or else nothing moves. Inquiring from staff, shows that their hands are tied, as they cannot use their salaries to provide basic resources, if the centre director refuses to provide them. This is because going against his decision means they are shouted at, cursed in unprintable names, and even queried. The picture painted was similar to that of a dictatorship camp, with staff with their tails hidden between their legs.

It is however unfortunate that investigation has revealed that the management has been aware of all of these and more, but have deliberately encouraged this despicable act of his, without action.

Please note sir, that if this is not addressed appropriately, we will be constrained to take this matter [and many more that could not be mentioned here], to the appropriate courts, for a better understanding on the subject matter, against Dr. Oba-Adenuga Olusegun.

Thank you.

SIGNED
Abeokuta Grassroots Initiative

https://www.nairaland.com/7580326/open-letter-vice-chancellor-noun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bluemanice(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2023
Good afternoon all, please I need your advice on this. I am a DE 500l student of noun in computer science dpt, last yr when they introduced eticketing. I checked my results and discovered that I was having low cgpa "0.89". after the 2nd semester exam last year. The cgpa dropped to 0.78.

When I went down to the school to confirm my outstanding courses, they told me I still have 24 outstanding courses which total unit is 89 credits unit
Excluding my project and Siwes.

Pls I want to seek for ur advice if there is anyway I can boost my cgpa or shud I just give up and enroll 4 another course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
bluemanice:
Good afternoon all, please I need your advice on this. I am a DE 500l student of noun in computer science dpt, last yr when they introduced eticketing. I checked my results and discovered that I was having low cgpa "0.89". after the 2nd semester exam last year. The cgpa dropped to 0.78.

When I went down to the school to confirm my outstanding courses, they told me I still have 24 outstanding courses which total unit is 89 credits unit
Excluding my project and Siwes.

Pls I want to seek for ur advice if there is anyway I can boost my cgpa or shud I just give up and enroll 4 another course
The only practical way to boost your cgpa is to take those courses and get A's and B's. Take more electives and get A's and B's as well.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
ONLINE FACILITATION FOR THE 2023_1 SEMESTER

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 2:54am On Feb 23, 2023
Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by trinityconcept(m): 3:36am On Feb 23, 2023
Please I need guidance
My questions are as follows
My wallet has been funded
1. Will I still register the courses I failed last semester or it’s just their exam registration I’ll do.
2. If I’ll register them how do I select them since I couldn’t find them in the list of courses brought out for me when I was registering my current semester courses
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bluemanice(m): 7:56am On Feb 23, 2023
Enskynelson:

The only practical way to boost your cgpa is to take those courses and get A's and B's. Take more electives and get A's and B's as well.

Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bluemanice(m): 7:58am On Feb 23, 2023
Enskynelson:

Ahh... getting A or B is very difficult
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:13am On Feb 23, 2023
trinityconcept:
Please I need guidance
My questions are as follows
My wallet has been funded
1. Will I still register the courses I failed last semester or it’s just their exam registration I’ll do.
2. If I’ll register them how do I select them since I couldn’t find them in the list of courses brought out for me when I was registering my current semester courses
1. Only exams registration for CO courses
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:50am On Feb 23, 2023
REMINDER 2023_1 ORIENTATION WEBINAR ON ONLINE FACILITATION AND TUTOR MARKED ASSESSMENTS

The Webinar on Online Facilitation and Tutor Marked Assessments (TMAs) for all students registered for the 2023_1 Academic Semester will hold today Thursday.

Date: 23rd February 2023
Time: 2:00 PM prompt

The link to the webinar is
https://noun.zoom.us/j/92764890137?pwd=d3Zrdzg2RWVhZ2hFUmZoWERiNHVQZz09

Kindly share on all platforms.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Azaboy: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2023
Just logged out of the webinar.

I hope the Elearn portal login issues will be fixed soonest.

Modified: It has been fixed speedily after multiple concerns were raised at the webinar.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by trinityconcept(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2023
Please when will our current semester courses be updated on our Moodle dashboard since TMA is next week
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lakeside247(m): 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2023
trinityconcept:
Please when will our current semester courses be updated on our Moodle dashboard since TMA is next week

It is now updated. You can check.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by rollout40(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2023
Please is admission for PGD still on?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2023
rollout40:
Please is admission for PGD still on?
Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2023
TMA 1 kicks off MARCH 4TH 2023

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:46am On Feb 24, 2023
ATTENTION: GST302 UPDATE!!

Please be informed that it is now mandatory to include a 6 Slide PowerPoint Presentation as part of your business plan submission.

Kindly take note of this important requirement.

Mac Solutions

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buzzgal: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
Enskynelson:

Go to your study Centre to verify if your TP was upload on the Project Admin System (PAS) in 2022/2 semester. Sometimes, study centres forget to upload. Sometimes, even those that upload don't see their result due to one problem or the other. Overall, get to your study and make findings. If it was uploaded, the details are still on the PAS. Get a print out (if possible) as an evidence and attach to you complain on the e-ticket. I hope this helps.

Good evening Ensky. Thanks for being a great help. Do we need to print out the graduate exit survey for final clearance?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Buzzgal:

Good evening Ensky. Thanks for being a great help. Do we need to print out the graduate exit survey for final clearance?
Some study centres will ask for it as evidence of having completed it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2023
Samisha500:
REMINDER 2023_1 ORIENTATION WEBINAR ON ONLINE FACILITATION AND TUTOR MARKED ASSESSMENTS

The Webinar on Online Facilitation and Tutor Marked Assessments (TMAs) for all students registered for the 2023_1 Academic Semester will hold today Thursday.

Summary of the Online Webinar

The Webinar started with the reading of the agenda by Mr. Adewale Adesina.

✅ NOUN anthem was sung.

✅ The opening address was taken by Prof. Olufemi Peters who encouraged everyone to read course materials straight away as exams will not wait for anyone.

✅ TMA was intensively explained and will begin by 4/3/2023 - first TMA followed by others consecutively.

✅ The Exams Director Prof. Olugbenga Ojo, encouraged everyone to take reading seriously and encouraged that despite us not meeting face to face, they are always with everyone.

✅ The DLCMS team gave an overview of students Essential requirements (4Ds):-
📌 Devices: - mobile phone, tablet, laptop and desktop.
📌 Data: - interconnectivity, modem, wifi, broadband
📌 Digital literacy:- lecturer, learners, and parents.
📌 Digital platforms:- course and user management, two way conversations and feedback, creation and management of interactive communications media, digital instructional delivery components, instructional videos, course materials, discussions forums and online chat, live facilitation.

✅ Characteristics of Open and Distance learning were analysed among which are, self motivation, manage time, be persistent etc.

✅ Helpful habits were discussed, few among others are, plan your time for reading, attend online facilitation, be curious, take notes in learning, chat with other learners, update your profile on the facilitation portal etc.

✅ Important information:
Facilitation will start on Monday 27th March 2023:
1. Go to the portal and copy your time table or log in your facilitation portal you will see it too.
2. Update your profile picture on the portal.
3. Change password to the one you will remember and keep private.

✅ How to use the facilitation portal was practically educated which I will not be able to write them here, but as an experienced technological literacy, you will be able to navigate the portal and understand its rudiments.

✅ Download Moodle Apps before Facilitation date.

✅ Q&A, Final Remarks and NOUN anthem.

✅ Lastly, the link to the recorded webinar will be sent to the email of all students. If you are yet to activate your email, go do so.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Anthonyo15:

Summary of the Online Webinar

The Webinar started with the reading of the agenda by Mr. Adewale Adesina.

✅ NOUN anthem was sung.

✅ The opening address was taken by Prof. Olufemi Peters who encouraged everyone to read course materials straight away as exams will not wait for anyone.

✅ TMA was intensively explained and will begin by 4/3/2023 - first TMA followed by others consecutively.

✅ The Exams Director Prof. Olugbenga Ojo, encouraged everyone to take reading seriously and encouraged that despite us not meeting face to face, they are always with everyone.

✅ The DLCMS team gave an overview of students Essential requirements (4Ds):-
📌 Devices: - mobile phone, tablet, laptop and desktop.
📌 Data: - interconnectivity, modem, wifi, broadband
📌 Digital literacy:- lecturer, learners, and parents.
📌 Digital platforms:- course and user management, two way conversations and feedback, creation and management of interactive communications media, digital instructional delivery components, instructional videos, course materials, discussions forums and online chat, live facilitation.

✅ Characteristics of Open and Distance learning were analysed among which are, self motivation, manage time, be persistent etc.

✅ Helpful habits were discussed, few among others are, plan your time for reading, attend online facilitation, be curious, take notes in learning, chat with other learners, update your profile on the facilitation portal etc.

✅ Important information:
Facilitation will start on Monday 27th March 2023:
1. Go to the portal and copy your time table or log in your facilitation portal you will see it too.
2. Update your profile picture on the portal.
3. Change password to the one you will remember and keep private.

✅ How to use the facilitation portal was practically educated which I will not be able to write them here, but as an experienced technological literacy, you will be able to navigate the portal and understand its rudiments.

✅ Download Moodle Apps before Facilitation date.

✅ Q&A, Final Remarks and NOUN anthem.

✅ Lastly, the link to the recorded webinar will be sent to the email of all students. If you are yet to activate your email, go do so.
Moodle App

This app functions same way as https://elearn.nouedu2.net

Once you open it:

1. Choose I'M A LEARNER

2. Type the address above as YOUR SITE

3. Enter your matric number and password for https://elearn.nouedu2.net

4. Submit to login

You can take TMAs from it, join lectures from it etc.

Link to Android version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moodle.moodlemobile

Link to iOS version
https://apps.apple.com/app/moodle-mobile/id633359593
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounpastquestio: 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2023
Your Last Bus-Stop for all National Open University, NOUN Enquires/Solutions

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'.....
...more than 7 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home

IMPORTANT PAGES:
(I).Step by Step on NOUN Portal Registration (Returning Students)
CLICK HERE

(II). CURRENT NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses/Programmes in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester 2023_1
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
CLICK HERE

(III). NOUN Admission Requirements/Subjects Combinations
CLICK HERE

(IV). Basic Facts You Need to Know About National Open University, NOUN and TMA
CLICK HERE

GET HELP ON:
▶️ 2023_1 Admission Assistance/Enquiry
▶️ NOUN Past Questions (2014-2022) //...
▶️ Portal Related Issue
▶️ Write-up on: Siwes, Project, Seminar, Business Plan, Plagiarism etc

For other related updates, VISIT

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buzzgal: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2023
Enskynelson:

Some study centres will ask for it as evidence of having completed it.

Thank you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2023
Samisha500:

Please find below the video recording of the webinar.

https://noun.zoom.us/rec/share/eQ2i5ytUGkGHyMRClZog9Wtk0btlMUETlQsXvRACqG-viDXdbZewusxG6qXHpLnq.CGH2qnmEIJYFd6kx

Passcode: ty$Wr13+
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aliadi2: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hello i am having siwes this semester and i registered for it can someone advice me on next step to take after registration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Good evening house, I was trying to clear the bills on my wallet, after been debited twice, I got a receipt for one, I moved to submit my RRR, then I got this👇👇

Pls what does it mean

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
Oh my God, I just went back to check amount payable that was earlier showing 13,000 as my balance of which I have cleared now showing that I have to pay 30,000 again

Is this normal or something is wrong, a whole 30,000😢😥😭

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by CuteTolex(f): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
I just noticed I was charged for project fee four times

CuteTolex:
Good evening house, I was trying to clear the bills on my wallet, after been debited twice, I got a receipt for one, I moved to submit my RRR, then I got this👇👇

Pls what does it mean

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
CuteTolex
Just view wallet first and see if the issue is resolved. If not resolved, kindly send that screenshot to them via ticket support. I have helped one guy sort out such recently
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Journe: 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
Enskynelson:
CuteTolex
Just view wallet first and see if the issue is resolved. If not resolved, kindly send that screenshot to them via ticket support. I have helped one guy sort out such recently
Please are the exams still written online?

I know someone that wants to register for PGD Info Science but not currently in the country and might not be in the country during exam period so if it's still possible to write the exam online
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
Journe:
Please are the exams still written online?

I know someone that wants to register for PGD Info Science but not currently in the country and might not be in the country during exam period so if it's still possible to write the exam online
Yes, provided the Student has verifiable reason.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Journe: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes, provided the Student has verifiable reason.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.