Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3495465 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bellras(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11
Whiterose21:

Just make sure to do your clearance, then you can go to Abuja at your convenience with a valid � for your certificate.

Get that at Lagos and not Abuja, please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11
bellras:

Get that at Lagos and not Abuja, please
At Lagos? All certs have been returned to the HQ after the period given for certs collection. There is online application for certificate now (costs 25k) and the cert is delivered to your address.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 12:30pm On Jan 12
mistiking:
Please when did you apply? Because I have been trying to apply but the portal is not responding

I am still trying to apply.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeskillz: 2:49pm On Jan 12
Please when is registration closing for this semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 10:20pm On Jan 12
Please I clicked on continue after payment, but it's been popping up a blank page for me.

What should I do please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:34am On Jan 13
I know there are well meaning and highly connected people in this forum, pls can you help us verify when the portal will be fixed to enable us register in peace?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Couzo(m): 8:28am On Jan 13
Payshe:
Please I clicked on continue after payment, but it's been popping up a blank page for me.

What should I do please?

The same thing I have been experiencing since yesterday.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 9:25am On Jan 13
Couzo:

The same thing I have been experiencing since yesterday.
so you don make payment like this
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Couzo(m): 10:09am On Jan 13
Blessedarethepe:
so you don make payment like this
Yes, I don pay since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:41am On Jan 13
UPDATE!!!

NOUN portal currently under maintenance..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:43am On Jan 13
ANNOUNCEMENT

SUBJECT MATTER: EXAMINATION MISCONDUCT CASES

Subject matter refers
The Vice Chancellor has approved the constitution of various panels to investigate the following cases
2022_2 examination impersonation
2023_1 examination impersonation and,
2023_2 examination misconduct
Consequently, you are advised to check with your Study Centre for further detail about the exercise which commences on Monday 22 January, 2024 and ends on Thursday 25 January 2024

You may ignore this announcement if you are not affected.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13
McCarthy study centre

Attention 2023_2 project defense student

This is to inform you that the 2023_2 project defense time table is out and has been scheduled as follows:

1. M.ED Guidance and Counseling are to defend their project on 15th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

2. M.ED Technology Student 16th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

3. M.ED Administration and Planning 16th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

Note: you are to come to the centre with your laptop fully charged, and a flash drive containing you project in a PowerPoint format. Thanks

Best of luck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by itzjohnkola(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13
Couzo:

Yes, I don pay since yesterday.
how did you get your unique ID?? I've looked all through the process of applying and I saw no unique ID, is it the code sent to the email address??

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Couzo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13
itzjohnkola:

how did you get your unique ID?? I've looked all through the process of applying and I saw no unique ID, is it the code sent to the email address??

I tried registering yesterday by past 1 in the afternoon, the code was send just minutes later, then attempt to make payment for the app form , Omo the thing role role tire until the remitta receipt later dropped in my mail as successfully. Tom proceed after there na war since ..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samuelgoldmine: 7:45pm On Jan 13
Kindly DM if registering for PGD in IT., Trying to figure out the Study Center suitable to pick in between Abeokuta/Lagos!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 7:57pm On Jan 13
Couzo:

I tried registering yesterday by past 1 in the afternoon, the code was send just minutes later, then attempt to make payment for the app form , Omo the thing role role tire until the remitta receipt later dropped in my mail as successfully. Tom proceed after there na war since ..
I hope they won't loose the value and confidence they struggle to earn from public with this their yeye application portal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:02pm On Jan 13
mistiking:
I hope they won't loose the value and confidence they struggle to earn from public with this their yeye application portal?
It shouldn't even be an open University that will be having petty issue like this. Where everything is believed to be digital
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:28pm On Jan 13
Blessedarethepe:

It shouldn't even be an open University that will be having petty issue like this. Where everything is believed to be digital
Don't mind them. In Nigeria,if you heard certain government institution is working, just give it some time. Once they begin to employ people based on whom-you-know and not competency, shame is about to befall such an institution/parastatal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 1:38am On Jan 14
Is application now started?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:52am On Jan 15
Please can hnd holder register for MBA program at national open university?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:22am On Jan 15
HenryThegreat1:
Please can hnd holder register for NBA program at national open university?
Which one is NBA?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:42am On Jan 15
Monday Update:

1. Semester fees for both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs have recently been increased by the management.

2. Admission processes are temporarily halted as the school undergoes an auditing procedure, posing potential challenges for applicants.

3. School fee payments are on hold due to ongoing auditing; attempting payments may result in a negative balance on your portal. It's advisable not to credit your portal until further notice.

4. Results will be released anytime soon.

5. Stay tuned for upcoming graduation lists.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olabanji88(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15
in 2021 i was caught with foreign items aimed at aiding my performance in the exam how can i continue my education in noun i appeared 2ce before committees but the 3rd time i didnt show can i come back to complete the programme
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 6:03pm On Jan 15
Anthonyo15:
McCarthy study centre

Attention 2023_2 project defense student

This is to inform you that the 2023_2 project defense time table is out and has been scheduled as follows:

1. M.ED Guidance and Counseling are to defend their project on 15th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

2. M.ED Technology Student 16th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

3. M.ED Administration and Planning 16th January 2024, time 9:00am venue 6th floor McCarthy study centre Lagos.

Note: you are to come to the centre with your laptop fully charged, and a flash drive containing you project in a PowerPoint format. Thanks

Best of luck

How is someone who is outside the country defend his project? I thought that since its a distance learning things can be done without the person being present. Can a Masters student write exams and defend his project from abroad?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 7:27pm On Jan 15
mimini:

How is someone who is outside the country defend his project? I thought that since its a distance learning things can be done without the person being present. Can a Masters student write exams and defend his project from abroad?
NOUN is fast becoming a conventional school, the demand is growing. Students are now appearing physically in their study center for one form of issue or the other rather than handling them online.

Also, with Nigeria educational mentality, people just want them to be seeing moving up and down with books and all that, to prove to people they are schooling and University at that. NOUN is taking advantage of all these too, to go the direction of the students
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 8:14pm On Jan 15
mistiking:
NOUN is fast becoming a conventional school, the demand is growing. Students are now appearing physically in their study center for one form of issue or the other rather than handling them online.

Also, with Nigeria educational mentality, people just want them to be seeing moving up and down with books and all that, to prove to people they are schooling and University at that. NOUN is taking advantage of all these too, to go the direction of the students

Thank you for your response. I am concerned because, I want to begin my Masters with NOUN and won't be available physically but only online through exams, project and defend. I want to be sure I can do this with NOUN before making a decision. Although, I will be available for verification, but online for the others. Do you think its possible?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj2021: 8:20pm On Jan 15
mimini:

Thank you for your response. I am concerned because, I want to begin my Masters with NOUN and won't be available physically but only online through exams, project and defend. I want to be sure I can do this with NOUN before making a decision. Although, I will be available for verification, but online for the others. Do you think its possible?

You can with good guidance. Get the contact of a trusted Admin officer from your centre you can rely on for information and you are good to go. Join the Centre's social media group for constant information.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fkj2021: 8:23pm On Jan 15
mimini:

It is possible to defend your project from outside the country. Just let your Project desk officer know that you are outside the country and he or she will take permission from your department to defend from whenever you are. The Desk officer only needs to identify you the day of the defence.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:29pm On Jan 15
mimini:

I am not really vast in the knowledge of their services, but with the little I know about them, you may encounter some challenges along the line if you know you won't be fully on ground for the period of your proposed program
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16
olabanji88:
in 2021 i was caught with foreign items aimed at aiding my performance in the exam how can i continue my education in noun i appeared 2ce before committees but the 3rd time i didnt show can i come back to complete the programme
Go to nouonline.net
Click students
Click REGISTER
Fill the form and submit

Go back and try to login, if you can login, it means you have finished serving your suspension, you can continue your programme. If you however you get a message "not allowed" you have to wait for the suspension to be lifted before you can continue. All the best and please stay away from exam malpractice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16
HenryThegreat1:
Please can hnd holder register for MBA program at national open university?
Yes... HND holder is qualified to apply for MBA.
Check nouonline.net and click on Admission (, Postgraduate Admission), select the faculty and then programme and view the requirements.
Cheers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16
NOUN LAUNCHES MOBILE APP FOR STUDENTS
The management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has concluded the design, development, testing and the deployment of the NOUN mobile application for students with a view to actualising the vision and mission of the university.
This revelation was contained in a memo issued on December 4, 2023 and signed by Benedicta A.Otakpor (Admin Officer 1) on behalf of the deputy vice-chancellor, (Technology, Innovation and Research), Prof. Godwin Akper.
The application amongst other considerations, aggregates the various sections of the university’s portal that are directly related to students activities such as registration, TMA, announcements, etc. into a page to further enhance easy accessibility, the memo stated.
Akper encouraged students to visit Google Play Store and Apple Store for Android and IOS phone users to download and install the application.
He explained that the app is the official channel for the dissemination of information and announcements to students.
The memo further outlined steps for user registration. “If you are launching the app for the first time, you will tap on ‘create account’ to create an account for yourself on the app.
“Subsequently, enter the details of the account you created to login and access the features of the app.”
There is also a link through which users can make suggestions on how to improve the app.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.