Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3495605 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2023
Enskynelson:

I understand some take time. Since November, that is quite sometime already. See the attached especially the dates.

What's the essence of sending transcripts when thw admission of the school you processed has closed.

I'm just finding means to contact them jare
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2023
Anthonyo15:
Notice!!!

Dear University Community,

Please be advised that the segment of the university portal at nouonline.net will be temporarily unavailable from December 20, 2023, to December 27, 2023, for essential service maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Thank you.

NOUN UPDATE!!!

The school portal update is complete, and the website is now accessible at www.nouonline.net Feel free to inform others about it!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lokotamak(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2023
Pls I want to know school fees for pgd management science
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 11:47am On Dec 28, 2023
Can we go ahead now to apply? Because I tried it this morning and I couldn't still generate my RRR code to pay my pg application fee
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DarkDairo: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good day everyone, I am an Hnd holder in cooperative economics and management pleaser can I get admission into 300 level in economics?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2023
Please I had my first degree in Agricultural economy and extension services. Can I with this apply for Msc Information Services?

Seeing that admission is granted to Science-based courses, but Agricultural sciences isn't listed there.

Right directions please.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
Payshe:
Please I had my first degree in Agricultural economy and extension services. Can I with this apply for Msc Information Services?

Seeing that admission is granted to Science-based courses, but Agricultural sciences isn't listed there.

Right directions please.

Thank you

U have to do PGD first I believe. Am in similar boat with u..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
Please help! I tried to apply for Postgraduate program of Noun, but the RRR code for payment refuse to show. I use my phone for the application with many trial @ Enskynelson
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
mistiking:
Please help! I tried to apply for Postgraduate program of Noun, but the RRR code for payment refuse to show. I use my phone for the application with many trial @ Enskynelson
Some of the services are on hold until the semester resumes proper in January. It has been like this for sometime. Just try again by January when the Semester begins fully.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
Enskynelson:

Some of the services are on hold until the semester resumes proper in January. It has been like this for sometime. Just try again by January when the Semester begins fully.
Thank you boss, please one more thing sir. I need your candid advise on this.

I applied last semester for thesame PG and got my matric number, but I didn't do any registration. My reason for reapplying now is because I abbreviated one of my names but not surname.

The man in charge of the verification frown at it, but told me I should continue but I will have to correct the names by writing them in full when I am about to graduate.

That's is the reason why I wanted to reapply since I have not funded my wallet at all with the previous account.

My question is,do you still advise I should reapply or just go by my already verified account?

Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2023
mistiking:
Thank you boss, please one more thing sir. I need your candid advise on this.

I applied last semester for thesame PG and got my matric number, but I didn't do any registration. My reason for reapplying now is because I abbreviated one of my names but not surname.

The man in charge of the verification frown at it, but told me I should continue but I will have to correct the names by writing them in full when I am about to graduate.

That's is the reason why I wanted to reapply since I have not funded my wallet at all with the previous account.

My question is,do you still advise I should reapply or just go by my already verified account?

Thanks for your anticipated response
The Management in 2023 released a memo on students maintaining the name on the admission letter and they said they won't be entertaining correction of name especially those that want another name inserted during their graduation.
I will suggest since you are yet to start, if possible, go to support.nou.edu.ng and send a ticket. I am not sure your matriculation number will be active there yet but just try and see. Send a ticket to Academic Registry for a change of name and attach a sworn affidavit as well as other documents like National ID to it and await their response.
See the attached.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2023
Enskynelson:

The Management in 2023 released a memo on students maintaining the name on the admission letter and they said they won't be entertaining correction of name especially those that want another name inserted during their graduation.
I will suggest since you are yet to start, if possible, go to support.nou.edu.ng and send a ticket. I am not sure your matriculation number will be active there yet but just try and see. Send a ticket to Academic Registry for a change of name and attach a sworn affidavit as well as other documents like National ID to it and await their response.
See the attached.
You are best bro.Thanks very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2023
Important Notice: 2024_1 Semester Student Portal Update

NOUN has made significant updates to the portal for the 2024_1 Semester.

To access the portal, ensure you update your profile first. Visit https://www.nouonline.net/stuser_reg.php for the profile update.

Exercise caution when setting up your password to avoid any issues.

Spread the word to your fellow students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2023
DEPARTMENT OF PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIME TABLE FOR MSC DEFENCE - 8th -12th January, 2024

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bintasukai: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hello house, compliments of the season. I studied geography in my bsc. I would like to switch to a sales, marketing or business course for my masters. Because I graduated with a third class, I am curious whether my 5 years work experience can substitute for a pgd program and I can be accepted directly without having to do pgd? Is this how it works please? Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
Chriswazo:

U have to do PGD first I believe. Am in similar boat with u..

Okay thanks.
So, do you think it's worth going through the PGD and then Msc please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
Payshe:

Okay thanks.
This question can best be answered by you. Do you really need the M.Sc. Information Tech?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
Payshe:

Okay thanks.

Depending on what u want, is worth it at the end.
Postgraduate diploma is not a bad idea to get to ur target field.

I will do it as well, even though I have MSc already.. but like I said, it depends on ur plan and purpose for wanting it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 12:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Chriswazo:

Depending on what u want, is worth it at the end.
Postgraduate diploma is not a bad idea to get to ur target field.

I will do it as well, even though I have MSc already.. but like I said, it depends on ur plan and purpose for wanting it.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lakeside247(m): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Bintasukai:
Hello house, compliments of the season. I studied geography in my bsc. I would like to switch to a sales, marketing or business course for my masters. Because I graduated with a third class, I am curious whether my 5 years work experience can substitute for a pgd program and I can be accepted directly without having to do pgd? Is this how it works please? Thanks in advance.

Just get at it and the earlier the better.

Both is 7 semesters, so plan to be in school for 4 years.

I did same and this new semester will be my last to obtain my Msc Business Administration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2023
RELOCATION AND RENAMING NOTICE FOR MUSHIN STUDY CENTRE

This notice is for ALL staff members. The Study Centre Director has received a Memo from the University Management regarding the following matter.

The memo indicates that the Mushin Study Centre has been renamed the Surulere Study Centre. It is now located at Femi Gbajabiamila house, 2 Clegg Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos.

As a result, Management has instructed the Study Centre to start the relocation process to the new site after its opening.

In light of this, the Study Centre will begin relocating to the new site promptly.

Therefore, all staff who are on leave are requested to return immediately.

Congratulations to ALL involved.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by johnnygan(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2023
snashtitus:

Please I got a cgpa of 2.88 first semester and a cgpa of 3.54 second semester please what then is my total cgpa for the year? And do think I will be able to graduate with 1st class or second class upper?

Hard to decide. It's all based on your performance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
After filling the form, I got a message that my Reg. NO had been sent to my Gmail account, but I can't find any message in my Gmail account. Please what's next?

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
Payshe:
After filling the form, I got a message that my Reg. NO had been sent to my Gmail account, but I can't find any message in my Gmail account. Please what's next?

Thanks

Have registration started?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
Chriswazo:

Have registration started?

Oh, I thought so
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stinville(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Anyone know how one can process his/her transcript?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chigozienwigbo(m): 10:16am On Jan 01
Good day everyone. Happy 2024. Please I have some questions to ask. Is NOUN a distance learning school were we study completely online or is it a part time school were one goes to a study center every Saturday?
Also how long does it take to acquire a Bsc in NOUN? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:16pm On Jan 01
johnnygan:

Hard to decide. It's all based on your performance
Go to support.nou.edu.ng login and check your statement of result for your current CGPA.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01
chigozienwigbo:
Good day everyone. Happy 2024. Please I have some questions to ask. Is NOUN a distance learning school were we study completely online or is it a part time school were one goes to a study center every Saturday?
Also how long does it take to acquire a Bsc in NOUN? Thanks.
It's not a part-time. It's an Open Distance Learning system. You get course materials and study on your own.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:18pm On Jan 01
Payshe:

Thanks
Check the Spam and see.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Krryptonitee: 10:27pm On Jan 01
When is the Registration for this year’s academic session commencing?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Payshe: 12:20am On Jan 02
Enskynelson:

Check the Spam and see.

I don overcheck ooooo. I don't understand again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.