Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483222 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Pimiento:
Am in my second semester 200 lvl Biz n Ent mgt
Pm!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afelouz(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
hi, Please I have HND in computer engineering with upper credit, i will like to know if i can enroll for Msc information technology or i need to do pgd first? Someone told me i can do masters but i dont know how true.
Your response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
hiswords7:
Good day guys........can anyone please help me with the good copy of MTH281,the one i have is so full of nonsense.You cannot read 3 lines without disturbing your head with what was writing.Please help,my e-mail is myveryfeyi@gmail.com

I think that is how it is
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Raddie(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
honourableseyi:

Firstly, pay your compulsory fees depending on which semester you are. Pay your exam registration fees and register for exams. You are good to go
shouldn't it be returning fees, and will he have to register for courses again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Raddie:

shouldn't it be returning fees, and will he have to register for courses again

Returning fees is also compulsory. Either you are in your first or second semester, returning or going forward your fees is compulsory. That is what will activate your portal to do other things. No, he will not have to register for courses again and I never say he will. Just the compulsory fee and the exam registration fees
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Raddie(m): 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
honourableseyi:

Returning fees is also compulsory. Either you are in your first or second semester, returning or going forward your fees is compulsory. That is what will activate your portal to do other things. No, he will not have to register for courses again and I never say he will. Just the compulsory fee and the exam registration fees

Thanks a lot for clarifying on this.
By the way you guys are awesome. Thumbs up.
@kazeem I sight you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2015
Raddie:

Thanks a lot for clarifying on this.
By the way you guys are awesome. Thumbs up.
@kazeem I sight you.

All the glory belongs to God. We are here to help ourselves, so it is nothing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fid1m: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Houx
Hw Long does it take 4 release of TMA results after submission?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2015
does anyone know the number of credits per semester for PGD IT, including the 6 credits for project?
please help!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Good morning Everyone! My friend is going for screening on Monday but her original certificate is not avaliabe can she go with the result slip ? and should she attach a scratch card to it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chade(f): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2015
Kazrem:
Pm!
pls send another,i just change my email
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chade(f): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2015
my question to entrepreneur students....i just heard abt d compulsory i.t for 200l,2nd semester.is dia anybody here dat is doin d i.t or do u know hw to go abt it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
chade:
pls send another,i just change my email
another has been sent.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
fid1m:
Houx Hw Long does it take 4 release of TMA results after submission?
Immediately. After submission, click on home and then on completed tma.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
TastyTuoyo:
Good morning Everyone! My friend is going for screening on Monday but her original certificate is not avaliabe can she go with the result slip ? and should she attach a scratch card to it?
There is no need for attaching scratch card with it. She should go and collect her original certificate.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Kazrem:

There is no need for attaching scratch card with it. She should go and collect her original certificate.

It depends on the year she wrote the exam . Certificate can't ready a year after exam unless they have changed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Kazrem:

She wrote the exam 2013 the original certificate is not ready yet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

Let her go with what she has, and explain to them when or if asked.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
honourableseyi:

Let her go with what she has, and explained to them when asked.

Bros I have these questions,
(1) Do Noun accept Nd of lower credit to 200 level?
(2) What's Job prospect for Noun graduates compare to conventional universities?
(3) Can a Noun graduate proceed his/her master abroad?
Thanks in advance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
i just started my tma and i had, 9.50, 9.00, 8.50, 8.00 respectively in my first course, after studying the modules it was piece of cake, pls enlighten me will the remaining courses remain the same as regards difficulty level at the exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Bros I have these questions,
(1) Do Noun accept Nd of lower credit to 200 level?
(2) What's Job prospect for Noun graduates compare to conventional universities?
(3) Can a Noun graduate proceed his/her master abroad?
Thanks in advance

1. Capital NO
2. That I can't say since there is no bureau of statistics where we can take the stock to know the percentage, But if you are looking ,thinking and waiting to know this, then you will never start your program. I have explained this times without number that either conventional or DL, what you have upstairs matter most and most especially favour of God. Those that are in UI, OAU and host of other big name universities, is there an automatic jobs for their graduates? Work with your own time and vision, not what other person is saying or doing.
3. Ofcourse yes, NOUN is recognised by every country all over the world as one of the Nigeria's accredited Institution. With it you can gain admission to any school of your choice provided you have the requirement.
Shalom

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
honourableseyi:

1. Capital NO
2. That I can't say since there is no bureau of statistics where we can take the stock to know the percentage, But if you are looking ,thinking and waiting to know this, then you will never start your program. I have explained this times without number that either conventional or DL, what you have upstairs matter most and most especially favour of God. Those that are in UI, OAU and host of other big name universities, is there an automatic jobs for their graduates? Work with your own time and vision, not what other person is saying or doing.
3. Ofcourse yes, NOUN is recognised by every country all over the world as one of the Nigeria's accredited Institution. With it you can gain admission to any school of your choice provided you have the requirement.
Shalom
Thank you bro. Thnks for the tip
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
dickoflife:
i just started my tma and i had, 9.50, 9.00, 8.50, 8.00 respectively in my first course, after studying the modules it was piece of cake, pls enlighten me will the remaining courses remain the same as regards difficulty level at the exam?

I want to believe you are in 100/200L?
Don't let this get into you. Look at it this way; do you know it is still possible for you to score 10 in all or atleast 9.5? That should be your aim, this will help you not to relent and also be a driving force that will propel you to a greater height. When doing TMA, you don't work with time; you do it at your convenience and pace while exam is not like that. Your time would have been programmed on the system, once you enter your matric number and password, your time starts ticking. The moment the time is up, the system will log you out even if you failed to submit your answers, na OYO you dey. You can't beg or plead with anybody or computer to give u just 2seconds extra, that is a taboo. Secondly, TMAs are all objectives while exams are both objectives and subjective. In the subjective question, if you miss just a comma, column , a letter or you didn't get the spelling correctly when typing your answer; you have missed that mark(s). So don't bank on this, strive to get a good grade in 100L and 200L, this you will build on in your 300L and 400L. All these are for those in 100/200L, while 300/400L has different dimension cause they don't write their exam with computer but pen on paper. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PeyButtons(f): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
You guys are are doing great works here...May God bless y'all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
honourableseyi:

I want to believe you are in 100/200L?
Don't let this get into you. Look at it this way; do you know it is still possible for you to score 10 in all or atleast 9.5? That should be your aim, this will help you not to relent and also be a driving force that will propel you to a greater height. When doing TMA, you don't work with time; you do it at your convenience and pace while exam is not like that. Your time would have been programmed on the system, once you enter your matric number and password, your time starts ticking. The moment the time is up, the system will log you out even if you failed to submit your answers, na OYO you dey. You can't beg or plead with anybody or computer to give u just 2seconds extra, that is a taboo. Secondly, TMAs are all objectives while exams are both objectives and subjective. In the subjective question, if you miss just a comma, column , a letter or you didn't get the spelling correctly when typing your answer; you have missed that mark(s). So don't bank on this, strive to get a good grade in 100L and 200L, this you will build on in your 300L and 400L. All these are for those in 100/200L, while 300/400L has different dimension cause they don't write their exam with computer but pen on paper. Shalom
You got it wrong pal. I am an M.sc student besides my score isnt so bad because its a first time trial besides there are no classes and i didnt pay for Tma answers i sat down and painstakinly went through the questions, I hope you always score 10 in all your tma's? Shalom to you too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
dickoflife:
It may be the same but always target to make nothing less than 28 in your TMa because exams will not be as easy as the tmas.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
dickoflife:
You got it wrong pal. I am an M.sc student besides my score isnt so bad because its a first time trial besides there are no classes and i didnt pay for Tma answers i sat down and painstakinly went through the questions, I hope you always score 10 in all your tma's? Shalom to you too.

I am sorry for quoting and wasting my MB and time on your questions. But I believe if it is not meant for you, then others can learn from the tips. I hate when we find it difficult to read and comprehend simple things in an academic environment. I believe my first sentence and last 3 lines of my reply to you should tell you something. All those tips are for computer based exam ; hence the reason why I reiterated it. Ofcourse, there are courses where I scored 10s in my TMAs. I'm not saying you must but make it your target so that you will not be complacent. You will understand better though when you need just 1 mark to make A,B or C. I'm sorry for all I might have put you through. I'm out

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
lakesidepapa:
Thank you bro. Thnks for the tip

You are welcome sire
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:24am On Aug 23, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

Oh that's true. She can go with the online print out then.
honourableseyi:

It depends on the year she wrote the exam . Certificate can't ready a year after exam unless they have changed.
TastyTuoyo:

Oh that's true. She can go with the online print out then.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2015
tmapark:

It may be the same but always target to make nothing less than 28 in your TMa because exams will not be as easy as the tmas.
Cool thanks...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2015
honourableseyi:

I am sorry for quoting and wasting my MB and time on your questions. But I believe if it is not meant for you, then others can learn from the tips. I hate when we find it difficult to read and comprehend simple things in an academic environment. I believe my first sentence and last 3 lines of my reply to you should tell you something. All those tips are for computer based exam ; hence the reason why I reiterated it. Ofcourse, there are courses where I scored 10s in my TMAs. I'm not saying you must but make it your target so that you will not be complacent. You will understand better though when you need just 1 mark to make A,B or C. I'm sorry for all I might have put you through. I'm out
hate whatever you want. Shalom.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fid1m: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Kazrem:

Immediately. After submission, click on home and then on completed tma.
Tanks... Have seen dem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.