Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482837 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
samguru:

yes,what do you want to know about M.sc Info Tech?

Thanks, brother. Everything brother. How to start? How much it all gonna cost me to start? Books to buy? Re you on whatsapp? So we chat better
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
helenmi:

Thanks, brother. Everything brother. How to start? How much it all gonna cost me to start? Books to buy? Re you on whatsapp? So we chat better

Just walk into any study centre, for a start you should not spend more than 80k for registration and access to the portal.

You are not buying any book.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bolinchin: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
bolinchin:
Hello all,please am critically considering applying for postgraduate diploma in education at national open university.I would love to know the cost implication and duration.Presently torn between NTI and NOUN.I need counsel on which is cheaper and faster?I will appreciate responses from all knowledgeable persons on this forum.
Please someone should help me answer all or part of these questions.tx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
bolinchin:
Please someone should help me answer all or part of these questions.tx
NOUN, Two semester and with 75k for starting and u will be able to put in for master after your diploma
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
samguru:

Just walk into any study centre, for a start you should not spend more than 80k for registration and access to the portal.

I have register for exams under Info tech. This my first semester I don't no much about how the program is run. How the Tma look like? The exam is it pen to paper or CBT? Can I finish in two semesters? Is it compulsory i do an elective? Can u help me with past questions? I will be waiting for your answers. I also send u a Pm. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
kunleee:

not really? have paid 40k compulsory fee this semester.

Then I am afraid you will have to pay another 40K next semester before you can do anything on your portal next semester. Your best bet here is for you to register and write like 5-6 courses out of your courses depending on the number of courses you registered; then you can stretch the rest to the remaining semesters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 14, 2015
Am supposed to Reg for my IT next semester 300lv but can I take it in my final yr alongside my project? because I don't wish to do my I.t now
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PERFECT2(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2015
In a bid 2 disiminate info efectively,share ideas & express how we feel,the link below is the new official page for NOUN,ENUGU STUDY CENTER only.
https://m.facebook.com/NOUNenugustudycenter

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ron011: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2015
samguru:

Pls is the course up to date with current IT trends. Since IT is practical, is it only theory u do in NOUn. Finally with what u have learnt only, could u do IT jobs. Thank u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2015
I paid 40 k @school fees.. Been unenable to register my courses. I wonder why.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
ron011:

Pls is the course up to date with current IT trends. Since IT is practical, is it only theory u do in NOUn. Finally with what u have learnt only, could u do IT jobs. Thank u

well it depends on your background in IT,I believe at Masters Level even in the conventional universities, you will concentrate more on complex analysis of IT operations and problems.If you are thinking of practical I would advise you register with the likes of APTECH,NIIT.

I have learnt a lot anyway
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
I paid 40 k @school fees.. Been unenable to register my courses. I woner why.

You probably paid for compulsory fees. how much do you have left in your e-wallet?(it's right on your portal)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
samguru:

Thanks brother. Hows the lecture & course overall? Was it standard enough? And the certificate?

Moreover, I heard it's 3 semesters... after the #80K... how much will I be paying for the remaining 2 semesters? And am not buying books thru the three semesters?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ron011: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
samguru:

well it depends on your background in IT,I believe at Masters Level even in the conventional universities, you will concentrate more on complex analysis of IT operations and problems.If you are thinking of practical I would advise you register with the likes of APTECH,NIIT.

I have learnt a lot anyway
Thank you very much u have been helpful. Please with what u have learnt can u transfer it on a practical level. I understand u do courses like web development and networking..with what u learn at noun only ..can someone be able to take up practical jobs in these areas
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by santori: 3:35am On Aug 15, 2015
hello, i need information on how many units a computer student that joined NOUN as a direct entry student must have passed to graduate. i learnt
one must garner a total of 120 units. please house help with the info
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2015
santori:
hello, i need information on how many units a computer student that joined NOUN as a direct entry student must have passed to graduate. i learnt
one must garner a total of 120 units. please house help with the info

I think DE is 90

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WukedP(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2015
Hello plss I need your help on how to go about this, I started last year, communications technology, I registered my courses but couldn't register my exam, and since then I have been on transit due to my nature of job, but eight now I have been transferred pamnaently back to Abuja where I started, I dnt know how to go about things now, my everything on the portal is intact but static plsss advice me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
WukedP:
Hello plss I need your help on how to go about this, I started last year, communications technology, I registered my courses but couldn't register my exam, and since then I have been on transit due to my nature of job, but eight now I have been transferred pamnaently back to Abuja where I started, I dnt know how to go about things now, my everything on the portal is intact but static plsss advice me

Firstly, pay your compulsory fees depending on which semester you are. Pay your exam registration fees and register for exams. You are good to go
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
hello house I forgot 2 do my tma in d just concluded semester exams and d tma portal has closed is there any implication or any way 4ward ............. kazrem,honourableseyi, pls help a brother
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by successkeyannex(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
For Your TMA solutions contact Mr Taiwo on whatapp 09031659798
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
fhranchez:
hello house I forgot 2 do my tma in d just concluded semester exams and d tma portal has closed is there any implication or any way 4ward ............. kazrem,honourableseyi, pls help a brother

When you write exams without TMA its an automatic F.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
successkeyannex:
For Your TMA solutions contact Mr Taiwo on whatapp 09031659798

Please encourage them to do their TMA themselves. By doing your TMA yourself you are also reading.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bornagain1509(f): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Plss wen z.d orientation day
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jacko007(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
please guys ,can someone that has gone for his or her siwes put me through? I saw it on my portal indicating 2wice, @ 200lvel n 300lvel , both 3credit unit and am in my 1st semester 300lvel ,thanks in anticipation ....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
I have 18'K.. Untill now, I can't register my courses. When I tick the courses I want to register.. The box that indicates 'continue' has refused to pop up. Nothing happens when I click it..
dayjahvoo:

You probably paid for compulsory fees. how much do you have left in your e-wallet?(it's right on your portal)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 12:06am On Aug 16, 2015
fhranchez:

There is nothing you can do anymore. Unless if you are extremely brilliant type, the result may be woeful. It is just like when you write exam in the conventional universities without CA; everyone knows what that means. Wait till the result is out before you register any course this semester; either course or exam registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
I have 18'K.. Untill now, I can't register my courses. When I tick the courses I want to register.. The box that indicates 'continue' has refused to pop up. Nothing happens when I click it..

I guess it is your network. If you don't mind, you can pm me and send your matric number and password. I can help out provided you don't mind.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 12:18am On Aug 16, 2015
wableo:

I have register for exams under Info tech. This my first semester I don't no much about how the program is run. How the Tma look like? The exam is it pen to paper or CBT? Can I finish in two semesters? Is it compulsory i do an elective? Can u help me with past questions? I will be waiting for your answers. I also send u a Pm. Thanks
Pls samguru answer this
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fred4life(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2015
pls what will be my total cost to start, Bs.c Mass communication..............
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Babydeedee: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2015
Any pgd mass comm/journalism HERE? WHAT'S THE Fee LIKE?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2015
Fred4life:
pls what will be my total cost to start, Bs.c Mass communication..............

66000 naria
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fred4life(m): 11:48am On Aug 16, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

66000 naria

pls can you help me list the Price tag.. e. g school fees, course reg fees, things like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.