Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3481790 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
MimiHANS:

Visit www.nou.org.ng

You'll get to see the postgraduate courses available for registration.
Is this a new Addy?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
captmatts:
please guys I nid help,

I applied for environmental and resource management course in may earlier dis year....
I only got provisional admission letter, buh cudnt further anymore because of lack of funds....

pls I need latest info...on how I can continue d registration, and change of course to computer science, as I need to stat fully in january.... thnks in advance.

You can veritably continue with your registration come next year January, since you are now financially buoyant enough and you've been granted your provisional admission letter.

With regard to the change of course issue, you must have amassed Credits in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in your SSCE result before you can anticipate of changing to Computer Science.

IF YES, you will need to go to your Study Centre(SC), consult your Course Counselor/Coordinator, he/she will be in the best position to project you on what steps to take.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
@ Captmatts...

Sir, there's no cause for alarm. You can start your registration in January next year. One of the importances of proceeding with your reg in Jan is that you'll get to see staff who'll attend to you @ your SC for some of the stages of registration. Right now, exams is in progress and staff are busy.

To the best of my knowledge, Computer Science is a branch of Engineering/Technology that studies the use of the digital computer as a tool that makes possible much of modern technology and the overlap between the two fields is significant. So, without having Credits in those Core Subjects, it won't be feasible, even in Conventional Universities.

Concerning the fees, follow the first layout (meant for Freshers) like you. The other layout is meant for Returning Students (Staylites).

Best of luck!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 12:36am On Nov 05, 2015
captmatts:
please guys I nid help,

I applied for environmental and resource management course in may earlier dis year....
I only got provisional admission letter, buh cudnt further anymore because of lack of funds....

pls I need latest info...on how I can continue d registration, and change of course to computer science, as I need to stat fully in january.... thnks in advance.
Go to your study center, for changing of course I think #5000 will be require
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
tmapark:

You can always apply.

Just pickup your form and secure your admission.

Then start by January.

Thanks. But how can I apply? Also, what is the duration for PGD in financial management?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
MimiHANS:
@ Captmatts...

Sir, there's no cause for alarm. You can start your registration in January next year. One of the importances of proceeding with your reg in Jan is that you'll get to see staff who'll attend to you @ your SC for some of the stages of registration. Right now, exams is in progress and staff are busy.

To the best of my knowledge, Computer Science is a branch of Engineering/Technology that studies the use of the digital computer as a tool that makes possible much of modern technology and the overlap between the two fields is significant. So, without having Credits in those Core Subjects, it won't be feasible, even in Conventional Universities.

Concerning the fees, follow the first layout (meant for Freshers) like you. The other layout is meant for Returning Students (Staylites).

Best of luck!

please how can I apply for PGD programme? Also, what is the duration for
PGD in financial management?
thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by psalmistv(m): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
Plz noun students uyo study Centre..... Contact me on 08133747284.........Mass comm!...... 300 level!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pelummy(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
4realbiz:

I need it pls, how can I get it.
call me

check signature.....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
chyna4luv:

please how can I apply for PGD programme? Also, what is the duration for
PGD in financial management?
thanks.

It's not that titanic.
You can follow these channels:

1) Obtain a PGD form from any Zenith Bank nearest to you.
2) Collect the application pin code equivalent to the amount paid for your form from the Bank.
3) Now, visit www.noun.edu.ng and click on "Application For Admission"
4) Use your Application pin code to access your NOUN online application form.
5) After completion, you can re-open the form as often as you like, before submitting.
6) You can now print out your provisional admission letter.

The duration for PGD programme is 2 semesters (1 year).

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
vision2050:
Go to your study center, for changing of course I think #5000 will be require

Is it possible for someone dat is already in 200 level to change his/her course/department.. ?

For example like someone dat is in mathematics department, moving to computer science department..

How possible is dis in NOUN?

CC : Kazrem , honourableseyi , MimiHANS , donbrowser
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
LOUIS6:

Is it possible for someone dat is already in 200 level to change his/her course/department.. ?

For example like someone dat is in mathematics department, moving to computer science department..

Very possible. Sorry if this is coming late. Exam things.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
LOUIS6:

Yes it is but na study center thing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
honourableseyi:

Yes it is but na study center thing

Dat means... i can do it @ my study center.?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kazrem:

Very possible. Sorry if this is coming late. Exam things.

Dat means.. I can do it @ my study center ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zubizareta(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
For PGD students that just concluded 1st semester exams, When were we told to submit project topics?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
LOUIS6:

Dat means... i can do it @ my study center.?

Yup. That is where you will pass through in getting it done

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
LOUIS6:

Possible but u will start from 100l again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Breathtaker:
I know conventional universities give scholarship or employment to their outstanding students who do pass well. I'm talking about 1st class thing. I'm skeptical if NOUN does that or will do that. Do they? Will they? I'm a NOUN student who is doing well anyway. Please answer.
Yes and no
Yes your SC may find you useful and other employers on ur convocation
No because you may not get any of the above
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Breathtaker:
I know conventional universities give scholarship or employment to their outstanding students who do pass well. I'm talking about 1st class thing. I'm skeptical if NOUN does that or will do that. Do they? Will they? I'm a NOUN student who is doing well anyway. Please answer.

Ain't you at the January 2015 Convocation?

@ the convocation, according to the Vice-Chancellor, henceforth, "all First Class graduates of the University, who are interested in joining the institution will be offered automatic employment."
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
NOUN finally get approval from senate for NYSC.

How To Check NYSC Senate Approved List:
Recommended – NYSC 2014/2015 Batch ‘B’ Passing-Out Programmes
1. Visit the Nysc registration portal via the website below to check the senate approved list:
http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/verifysenatelists
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
donbrowser:

Possible but u will start from 100l again

Haba.... megida
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 2:07am On Nov 06, 2015
LOUIS6:

study center can explain better.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 2:15am On Nov 06, 2015
donbrowser:
NOUN finally get approval from senate for NYSC.

How To Check NYSC Senate Approved List:
Recommended – NYSC 2014/2015 Batch ‘B’ Passing-Out Programmes
1. Visit the Nysc registration portal via the website below to check the senate approved list:
http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/verifysenatelists
I see Open University on the list, but how authentic is it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:07am On Nov 06, 2015
LOUIS6:

I would strongly recommend you go to your SC for clarifications.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
LOUIS6:

Haba.... megida
I don't think so. A lond distant friend did it this current semester and is still in 200 level 2nd semester. I am still contemplating on changing too next semester.
cc: danbrowser

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seriousthing(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Please I want to enquire if Noun graduate can be given admission to study masters or PGD in any conventional universities in Nigeria?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chyna4luv: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
MimiHANS:

It's not that titanic.
You can follow these channels:

1) Obtain a PGD form from any Zenith Bank nearest to you.
2) Collect the application pin code equivalent to the amount paid for your form from the Bank.
3) Now, visit www.noun.edu.ng and click on "Application For Admission"
4) Use your Application pin code to access your NOUN online application form.
5) After completion, you can re-open the form as often as you like, before submitting.
6) You can now print out your provisional admission letter.

The duration for PGD programme is 2 semesters (1 year).

I appreciate your response. lastly, how do they take their lectures considering the fact that I am working and the nature. Also, after printing my provisional admission letter, do I still required to go to o the school to submit anything?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
seriousthing:
Please I want to enquire if Noun graduate can be given admission to study masters or PGD in any conventional universities in Nigeria?

NOUN Certificates are fully recognized and acceptable in any Conventional Universities and to the public domain.
Similarly, amongst the top 100 Universities in Nigeria, NOUN is no. 17th.

Having said that, I would also like to pre-inform you that you would meet a lot of people who would tell you the Certificate is not recognized. This category of people are skeptical coz it's not what we are used to and we're always allergic to change.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
chyna4luv:

I appreciate your response. lastly, how do they take their lectures considering the fact that I am working and the nature. Also, after printing my provisional admission letter, do I still required to go to o the school to submit anything?

Students do not attend lectures in NOUN, they give facilitation. You must be ready to study on your own. You can as well form a study group with some of your course mates.

Yeah, you'll need to go to your SC with your credentials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kazrem:

I don't think so. A lond distant friend did it this current semester and is still in 200 level 2nd semester. I am still contemplating on changing too next semester.
cc: danbrowser

Ok... Thanks.. I appreciate ur response.

I will try and do it next semester.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.