Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3479022 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jman77(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2016
NOUN'S 5TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
10000+ graduates. Noun certificate is for real.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
10000+ graduates. Noun certificate is for real.....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dave121: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
Can anyone furnish us with highlight or special information @ the convocation ground? I believe some lingering issues regarding; NYSC participation by eligible NOUN graduates, Missing exam scripts, best graduating student CGPA and other issues would have been enunciated during the speakers' addresses. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
dave121:
Can anyone furnish us with highlight or special information @ the convocation ground? I believe some lingering issues regarding; NYSC participation by eligible NOUN graduates, Missing exam scripts, best graduating student CGPA and other issues would have been enunciated during the speakers' addresses. Thanks
Also the case of direct entry not included in the graduating list.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
please is it possible as a fresher to pay d 41k compulsory fees now and pay 20k next 2weeksfor course registration and pay the remaining 10k for exam registration next month? cus am seeing "Minimum Fees Payable: 36000.00" on my portal.

does this mean i cant pay like 10k or so into my e-wallet account if i want to?

CC MimiHANS.
CC Anybody Who Can Help With Genuine Answer.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gluthatione: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
kcboy34:
please is it possible as a fresher to pay d 41k compulsory fees now and pay 20k next 2weeksfor course registration and pay the remaining 10k for exam registration next month? cus am seeing "Minimum Fees Payable: 36000.00" on my portal.

CC MimiHANS.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dave121: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Gluthatione:
Read all u need to know about d convocation here
https://www.nairaland.com/2870204/noun-convocation-obasanjo-bags-master#42045258
The link was helpful.Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2016
Hi guys, please is It compulsory to register at least 1 Elective in a semester? I have already met the 90 units requirements with the Core Courses. Must I still register an Elective Course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 17, 2016
kcboy34:

CC MimiHANS.

Thanks.

very possible....

make sure your first payment is not less than the "minimum fees"
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thatsmartgirl(f): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2016
Hi,
Now that the Chancellor is asking NYSC and Law school to take NOUN students, does it mean it has been done with or that this graduating students won't serve maybe next years own.
Please I need a hint on that, possibly a graduate of NOUN, those that recently graduated.
Also I don't know if by next week I can still be given admission after buying the form?
Thanks in advance for better replies.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2016
Obinoscopy:
Hi guys, please is It compulsory to register at least 1 Elective in a semester? I have already met the 90 units requirements with the Core Courses. Must I still register an Elective Course?

Elective Courses are not mandatory. However, you can take them to boost your transcript and ameliorate your CGPA.

Additionally, you need to be very selective and/or be careful when choosing the Course because such Course can make or mar your performance/CGPA in the long run.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2016
kcboy34:

CC MimiHANS.

Thanks.

It's ideally doable.
Howbeit, it's compulsory you make payment for the minimum fees from the ab initio.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2016
MimiHANS:

Elective Courses are not mandatory. However, you can take them to boost your transcript and ameliorate your CGPA.

Additionally, you need to be very selective and/or be careful when choosing the Course because such Course can make or mar your performance/CGPA in the long run.
Ok, thanks. Someone was claiming that even though Electives are not compulsory, it is mandatory that he or she must register at least one Elective per semester. Thanks for the clarification. I'm grateful.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aned: 9:03am On Jan 17, 2016
Obinoscopy:
Ok, thanks. Someone was claiming that even though Electives are not compulsory, it is mandatory that he or she must register at least one Elective per semester. Thanks for the clarification. I'm grateful.

it is mandatory to register at least one elective/semester

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2016
aned:

it is mandatory to register at least one elective/semester
@MimiHANS, please can you respond to this? I've heard the same thing from my fellow colleagues.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nimarias(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2016
For admission into NOUN. Call Mr Excellent 07069707740 or 08138248703
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nimarias(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2016
humblesteve:

I'm yet to go for ma screening@ de sc. So re u around so I cn meet wt u wen eva I cme around Abagana
am around...just call NE before coming okay?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2016
Obinoscopy:
@MimiHANS, please can you respond to this? I've heard the same thing from my fellow colleagues.

I did not take any Elective Course. And, I graduated with a distinctive CGPA. So, taking an Elective Course is a matter of choice. Though, it's advisable you take one per semester. You don't expect someone to tell you that you shouldn't take any.

Regards, Sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2016
This is so "not good" . why will NOUN exclude those student that got admitted through D.E. its unprofessional. I'm very angry right now, Infact I won't eat till next week. #Vexing .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Philipsdael:
This is so "not good"
why will NOUN exclude those student that got admitted through D.E.
its unprofessional.
I'm very angry right now, Infact I won't eat till next week.
#Vexing .

I feel your pain bro. I also got admitted through DE. It is very frustrating. We can only hope that the issue will be addressed/resolved as soon as possible.

Having said that, abeg eat oh. You wouldn't want anything bad happen to you because of this.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
SONKOko:

I feel your pain bro. I also got admitted through DE. It is very frustrating. We can only hope that the issue will be addressed/resolved as soon as possible
Are you supposed to graduate with the others?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
MimiHANS:

I did not take any Elective Course. And, I graduated with a distinctive CGPA. So, taking an Elective Course is a matter of choice. Though, it's advisable you take one per semester. You don't expect someone to tell you that you shouldn't take any.

Regards, Sir.
I have only one Elective course in my list of registrable courses for this semester. But I'm not sure of making good grades with that Elective. Thus I can afford not to register it since it could affect my CGPA negatively and since I can meet the 90 units with the remaining Core courses. What do you think?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hardeyeanc(m): 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
I beg broda am also a prospective student of noun applied with DE. Am planning to go for my screening next week but what am hearing now is baffling me.... Pls d exclusion of name does it mean they are not recognized or they ll not be given dia certificate or dey ll not just participate in the convocation I beg ur swift response will be appreciated
Philipsdael:
This is so "not good"
why will NOUN exclude those student that got admitted through D.E.
its unprofessional.
I'm very angry right now, Infact I won't eat till next week.
#Vexing .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
maekhel:

Are you supposed to graduate with the others?

Yes. Why did you ask?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
B
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
baba11:
@ Uppa,Sonkoko,Uedibo and nixOwl:

Check your mail.....It has been sent!!!

[/b]SEE YOU ALL AT THE TOP[b]

Before i go finally,any advice?I did relocation and it was successful but i still saw my former SC with my name.Hope it won't affect my clearance? smiley smiley
plsssss concernin the relocation how did u do it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
olumbha:
plsssss concernin the relocation how did u do it?
I applied through my SC!!!

cool
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
SONKOko:

Yes. Why did you ask?
I asked because am confuse with NOUN patern, why won't they allow direct entry students graduate.

I applied through direct entry and I have done my screening but am yet to pay the necessary fees because the issue you said.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
maekhel:

I asked because am confuse with NOUN patern, why won't they allow direct entry students graduate.

I applied through direct entry and I have done my screening but am yet to pay the necessary fees because the issue you said.

Ok. I will advice you not to pay for now until they state the reason(s) why DE names were omitted from the graduating list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.