Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503159 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
HELLO PPL. AM A NOUN STUDENT CURRENTLY WRITING MY FIRST SEMESTER @ LAGOS. IKEJA CENTRE PRECISELY.
I GOT AN ONFO TODAY FROM A COURSE MATE DT D PRIN. OF ECONOMICS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO TOMMORW HAS PEN POSTPONED TIL NO TIME ND DT THE E-CENTR IS NO MORE @ IKEJA BT @ MAGODO. PLS CN SOME1 PLS THROW MORE LIGHT TO THIS?? WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE (100L, ENTREPRENEURIAL ND BUS MGT)
THANK U ALL.... 07030409247
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
HELLO PPL. AM A NOUN STUDENT CURRENTLY WRITING MY FIRST SEMESTER @ LAGOS. IKEJA CENTRE PRECISELY.
I GOT AN ONFO TODAY FROM A COURSE MATE DT D PRIN. OF ECONOMICS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO TOMMORW HAS PEN POSTPONED TIL NO TIME ND DT THE E-CENTR IS NO MORE @ IKEJA BT @ MAGODO. PLS CN SOME1 PLS THROW MORE LIGHT TO THIS?? WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE (100L, ENTREPRENEURIAL ND BUS MGT)
THANK U ALL.... 07030409247
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugforlife: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
please u guyz shuld help me out. Am
aspiring for NOUN buh i hear some
foolish talks about it, and y dont dey
take admission tru jamb? And how
good is the skul? Plzzz help me out cuz
am discouraged.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chinwe2013: 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
what is tmas and i also heard that noun do go for nysc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
HI NOUNITES, DO U THINK 2013 NEW SEMESTER WILL REALLY COMMENCE NEXT MONTH[MARCH] AS SPECIFIED IN N.O.U.N'S SITE ACADEMIC CALENDAR ?? SOME FOLKS STARTED EXAMS JUST RECENTLY[THIS WEEK], WHEN I CALL THE STUDENTS COUNSELLOR HE SAYS SOME STUDENTS WILL STILL BE WRITING EXAMS TILL APRIL. DOES THAT MEAN PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS HAVE ENOUGH TIME B4 REGISTERING AND THEY HAV 2 WAIT 4 ANODA MONTH B4 THEY ARE ENROLLED..?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
ferdimako:

Hello Everyone, Second and first semester course registration has started oh.If you're a returning student, NOUN charges N2,500 before you can register your courses. Just add N2,500 while paying for your courses. This year is sharp sharp oh. Two more exams this year I was told. They are marking our POPs now while computer has marked our E-exams as we submit.I heard the results will come in after a month.Let's wait and see that magic! Although am out of portal business, I will keep you guys informed. Good luck in your remaining E-exams. Make sure you know all the answers in your TMAs before the day you've the paper.
hw authentic is this info my guy
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Shexy1983:
nawa for u o, na u dey look 4 admission..... U don get it now u con dey fear to read........ Guy, NOUN no be seresere oooo.......!
Bro, I no de fear to read at all. I just need to be informed so I will plan how I will tackle the school cos I might not be opportuned to always be in the school during any of the lectures they may hold; my location is damn too far from the nearest study centre. Besides, I have not gotten admitted to now, and I have never looked for admission. I had a problem with my current course of study in school and have been out of school for a year now. I cant take going back to sit in a regular classroom every morning/day.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
From what I read in this thread, it seems like first year and second year students of NOUN write all their exams electronically; e-exams. Pls someone should clarify me on the mode of exams through out your years in NOUN. Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oxytocin712: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2013
Oxytocin_712: Even sir/ma: pls i need information on the pgd is school of science, when is the form coming out, the duration, likely cost i.e. Schl fees throughout. Did they require discharge certificate frm serving corp members also is there need for transcript. Thanks in anticipation.
someone shld pls answer.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 5:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Bigboyz32:
Bro, I no de fear to read at all. I just need to be informed so I will plan how I will tackle the school cos I might not be opportuned to always be in the school during any of the lectures they may hold; my location is damn too far from the nearest study centre. Besides, I have not gotten admitted to now, and I have never looked for admission. I had a problem with my current course of study in school and have been out of school for a year now. I cant take going back to sit in a regular classroom every morning/day.
any course material dat belong to ur department..... Even if it contains 500 page, guy u go read every dam thing.... Dat is why l tell u say NOUN no be seresere o.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 6:03am On Feb 26, 2013
Bigboyz32: From what I read in this thread, it seems like first year and second year students of NOUN write all their exams electronically; e-exams. Pls someone should clarify me on the mode of exams through out your years in NOUN. Thanks in advance.
100L and 200L E-EXAM
300 and 400 POP(PEN ON PAPER)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 26, 2013
Shexy1983:
hw authentic is this info my guy

Which one?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 26, 2013
Shexy1983:
100L and 200L E-EXAM

All Law courses are POPs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 26, 2013
Oxytocin_712: someone shld pls answer.

Go to ur study center with all ur concerns.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 26, 2013
chinwe2013: what is tmas and i also heard that noun do go for nysc

Read pages backwards.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 26, 2013
u.gforlife:
please u guyz shuld help me out. Am
aspiring for NOUN buh i hear some
foolish talks about it, and y dont dey
take admission tru jamb? And how
good is the skul? Plzzz help me out cuz
am discouraged.

What is JAMB? Do they need it to get admission abroad and M.Sc? That thing is just a limiter.When u have no limits, no need.If you want admission thru JAMB, fine, if u can't get in and NOUN has ur dream major, hop in. We are improving every day.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 8:52am On Feb 26, 2013
apeelewuetu:
Yes i reside in Ilorin and i have a mini office behind NOUN at Ilroin to help students on issues relating to download of course materials, nature of exam, past questions,admission processing, private lecturing in various courses and any issues relating to internet and i am planning to expand my biz. to Lagos and Abuja, infact by the end of this month everything will be put in place , please u can check detail at -[url][/url]http://nounonlineexam.classifiedsadvert.com/. NOUN have two centre in kwara state- the two centres are located in Ilorin, one at Sango and the other at Sobi Barrack. On issues of medical courses, The following are available,Diploma in medical office practice, community health, Nursing science.
Pls I am in Lokoja centre, is the a way I can ve access to past questio papers in environmental sc, 300 and 400 level?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 11:48am On Feb 26, 2013
I was piised off yesterday. We were timed manually and the system takes upto 3 seconds to open the next question.I did not finish before they shouted time up. I dint even click submit b4 they turned mu system off.I went con gaga yesterday. Out first paper was not like that. I finished and still had 40 min extra. But yesterday was just dis organised. Abj centre should better sit up. The uni abuja syndrome is beginning to affect them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
ferdimako:

Which one?
d one dat says we have 2 more exams to write dis year
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
Shexy1983:
100L and 200L E-EXAM
Thanks for the answer. Pls how does the e-exam look like? Is it objective, subjective, theory or a mix? Pls answer me and thanks in advance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Shexy1983:
d one dat says we have 2 more exams to write dis year

If second or a new semester has started, results of this semester could be in a month and starting this exam when we thought a shift was likely. I believe there will be two more exams this year.You know NOUN belongs to NUC now and how many months make a semester in conventional Universities?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bigboyz32:
Thanks for the answer. Pls how does the e-exam look like? Is it objective, subjective, theory or a mix? Pls answer me and thanks in advance

Till then.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 11:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sorry to disturb you guys but I noticed this and I need you people fast response. I happen to be in ibadan study centre and I went for Economics E-exam yesterday .. We were given 120 questions at ibadan study centre which were obj and semi theory. Pls for anybody who wrote economics in any other centre was it 120 questions u answered. Bec everybody in Ibadan study centre (all courses) answer 120 obj questions. Pls reply fast. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 27, 2013
Princeadedayo07: Sorry to disturb you guys but I noticed this and I need you people fast response. I happen to be in ibadan study centre and I went for Economics E-exam yesterday .. We were given 120 questions at ibadan study centre which were obj and semi theory. Pls for anybody who wrote economics in any other centre was it 120 questions u answered. Bec everybody in Ibadan study centre (all courses) answer 120 obj questions. Pls reply fast. Thanks

Fast? Economics?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 8:22am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

If second or a new semester has started, results of this semester could be in a month and starting this exam when we thought a shift was likely. I believe there will be two more exams this year.You know NOUN belongs to NUC now and how many months make a semester in conventional Universities?
u're right my guy...... I nid go get money fast 4 course registration. Thanks 4 d info. Anyway!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2013
Guys pls dose of you in lagos study centre, how's the exams, how many questions are they asking
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2013
Princeadedayo07: Guys pls dose of you in lagos study centre, how's the exams, how many questions are they asking

Some courses have 100, some 120. Math courses have 35 (multiply ur score by 2 and add ur TMA best 3).For others divide what you got correctly by the total number of questions, multiply with 70 and add total of ur best 3 TMAs to it.It is the same everywhere.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by comptuerscience(f): 10:21am On Feb 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Which did u register?
i register GST122. intro to philosophy and logic
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2013
comptuerscience:
i register GST122. intro to philosophy and logic
Change it to GST203,fast fast. Did you even do the TMAs? I meant do it on your portal now and get the TMAs from TMA portal.The exam is on Mon,4th March.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by somtiano2(m): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pls guyz is d screening stil holding in march 1st being friday?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kayode121: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Princeadedayo07: Sorry to disturb you guys but I noticed this and I need you people fast response. I happen to be in ibadan study centre and I went for Economics E-exam yesterday .. We were given 120 questions at ibadan study centre which were obj and semi theory. Pls for anybody who wrote economics in any other centre was it 120 questions u answered. Bec everybody in Ibadan study centre (all courses) answer 120 obj questions. Pls reply fast. Thanks

pls is d economics only obj questns or their ws fil in d gap in it too?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
somtiano2: Pls guyz is d screening stil holding in march 1st being friday?

What's on March Ist? You get cleared physically every day now.Exams are not heavy any more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.