Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3479756 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Shexy1983:
mathematics/computer science. Am writing my exam @ UNILAG
ok.best of luck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
Damselnoni:
ok.best of luck
wish u the same
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
I graduated last yr with a HND in accounting and i want to do my Pgd in NOUN,i wuld like to know when d form wil be out for sale,the duration of d course and estimates of wat d program wil cost me.pls very urgent reply needed.thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
Keziehenry: I graduated last yr with a HND in accounting and i want to do my Pgd in NOUN,i wuld like to know when d form wil be out for sale,the duration of d course and estimates of wat d program wil cost me.thanks.

check http://www.noun.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oxytocin712: 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
Even sir/ma: pls i need information on the pgd is school of science, when is the form coming out, the duration, likely cost i.e. Schl fees throughout. Did they require discharge certificate frm serving corp members also is there need for transcript. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nounites in the house, I'm a prospective student. I downloaded one of the coursewares and discovered that each course material is around 200 pages. Are we expected to read the whole material for each course each semester? I think that is too much. Someone please explain to me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by betheldgr8(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
afroman23: Please can i still get the form for the new intake around ending of March
Yes u can, i got d pin and registad on Tuesday, and i got d admission, so try Monday nxt week.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bigboyz32: Nounites in the house, I'm a prospective student. I downloaded one of the coursewares and discovered that each course material is around 200 pages. Are we expected to read the whole material for each course each semester? I think that is too much. Someone please explain to me.

you can read only one page and pass your exams by magic..smh

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
jmoore:

hahahaha brodah u wicked oooooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bigboyz32: Nounites in the house, I'm a prospective student. I downloaded one of the coursewares and discovered that each course material is around 200 pages. Are we expected to read the whole material for each course each semester? I think that is too much. Someone please explain to me.
just 200pages na wa o,u dey fear ni?uneva see gst 107
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ugforlife: 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
please u guyz shuld help me out. Am aspiring for NOUN buh i hear some foolish talks about it, and y dont dey take admission tru jamb? And how good is the skul? Plzzz help me out cuz am discouraged.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
u.gforlife:
please u guyz shuld help me out. Am aspiring for NOUN buh i hear some foolish talks about it, and y dont dey take admission tru jamb? And how good is the skul? Plzzz help me out cuz am discouraged.

Do they need JAMB to do Msc? JAMB is a limiter! No class limitation or teacher-student ratio here. It's a self-taught school.Almost every course is available every time.I can be in Semester 1 and you be in Semester 2.Situations are improving!Right now am in my last written exam semester, the next semester will involve only 3 non-examinable courses and am done for my B.Sc,Computer Science...By year end I should have my cert.NYSC exemption,Testimonial and Transcript and look up to Ms in Australia.They are waiting for me for some real practical knowledge.

Everything is what you make of it...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Damselnoni:
just 200pages na wa o,u dey fear ni?uneva see gst 107

No real bigboy strength huh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
Guys, how far now, how's priciples of economics going 2 look like. Sorry is dere anyone here who has written his exam in ibadan study centre so as to tell us how it goes down dere
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sugar001(f): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2013
Execellent reply. Good riddance...
jmoore:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayonimoje2903(f): 7:30am On Feb 23, 2013
Pls i'v just regstd onlyn n av printd d provisional admisn letr. 1. Does dt mean my name wil b included in d admisn list? 2. Wt d provisional admisn letr wt me, does it min i'v bn admitd? 3. If i'v bn admitd, wl i hav 2 wait 4 d admisn lists b4 4ther registratn or can i do d nxt step b4 admisn lst is releasd? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 23, 2013
ayonimoje2903: Pls i'v just regstd onlyn n av printd d provisional admisn letr. 1. Does dt mean my name wil b included in d admisn list? 2. Wt d provisional admisn letr wt me, does it min i'v bn admitd? 3. If i'v bn admitd, wl i hav 2 wait 4 d admisn lists b4 4ther registratn or can i do d nxt step b4 admisn lst is releasd? Thanks

Your admission is the list.No admission list.It is provisional, because they will still need to sight those documents and cert.Go ahead with the other steps.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayonimoje2903(f): 9:52am On Feb 23, 2013
Tnx so much @ ferdimako
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chinwe2013: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
pls what and what shouls i carry to the study center for screening
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayonimoje2903(f): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
chinwe2013: pls what and what shouls i carry to the study center for screening
it's already in d provisional admissn letter u printd aftr d onlyn regstratn
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
jmoore:

Na wa 4 U guys oo!! Na bad thing say I ask? I don see handouts and textbooks of many undergraduates in many universities. They are taught maybe from so and so chapter to so and so chapter. They dont really need to study the whole textbook. That was just the basis of my question. Let a polite-minded student answer me please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by buddyosan: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bigboyz32: [/color]
Na wa 4 U guys oo!! Na bad thing say I ask? I don see handouts and textbooks of many undergraduates in many universities. They are taught maybe from so and so chapter to so and so chapter. They dont really need to study the whole textbook. That was just the basis of my question. Let a polite-minded student answer me please.
That's why NOUN is not like any other University in Nigeria and that's why it's the fastest growing University in Nigeria in terms of academic ranking.Have you checked the Webometric world ranking since last year?You have to READ EVERYTHING.NOUN would not tell you to read this or that and you have to cover a lot of ground.NOUN is not for lazy people o.I know what I'm saying
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by imoleolohun: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
i want 2 no details abt noun uni.,dere reqvirement,is jamb requested n are dey doing post jamb. What do u no abt d course so called mass com? Is full-time d best or part-time? Pls i nid information.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damceyk(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Can sum1 pls teach me how 2 calculate exam gp
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dimdim001(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
Damceyk: Can sum1 pls teach me how 2 calculate exam gp

Divide ur score by 100, den multiply it by 70
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
dimdim001:

Divide ur score by 100, den multiply it by 70

divide what you got by the total number and multiply by 70. Eg Chm101 had 120 questions and you got 66 correctly, it becomes 66/120x70+ ur best 3 TMAs.If ur TMA total is 29, that will be 38.5 + 29 = 67.5,B.You need 70 to make an A.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
imoleolohun: i want 2 no details abt noun uni.,dere reqvirement,is jamb requested n are dey doing post jamb. What do u no abt d course so called mass com? Is full-time d best or part-time? Pls i nid information.

read some pages back.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
ayonimoje2903: [color=#990000][/color] it's already in d provisional admissn letter u printd aftr d onlyn regstratn

You're right...read people.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2013
nawa for u o, na u dey look 4 admission..... U don get it now u con dey fear to read........ Guy, NOUN no be seresere oooo.......!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Shexy1983:
nawa for u o, na u dey look 4 admission..... U don get it now u con dey fear to read........ Guy, NOUN no be seresere oooo.......!

Hello Everyone, Second and first semester course registration has started oh.If you're a returning student, NOUN charges N2,500 before you can register your courses. Just add N2,500 while paying for your courses. This year is sharp sharp oh. Two more exams this year I was told. They are marking our POPs now while computer has marked our E-exams as we submit.I heard the results will come in after a month.Let's wait and see that magic! Although am out of portal business, I will keep you guys informed. Good luck in your remaining E-exams. Make sure you know all the answers in your TMAs before the day you've the paper.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
HELLO PPL. AM A NOUN STUDENT CURRENTLY WRITING MY FIRST SEMESTER @ LAGOS. IKEJA CENTRE PRECISELY.
I GOT AN ONFO TODAY FROM A COURSE MATE DT D PRIN. OF ECONOMICS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO TOMMORW HAS PEN POSTPONED TIL NO TIME ND DT THE E-CENTR IS NO MORE @ IKEJA BT @ MAGODO. PLS CN SOME1 PLS THROW MORE LIGHT TO THIS?? WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE (100L, ENTREPRENEURIAL ND BUS MGT)
THANK U ALL.... 07030409247
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
HELLO PPL. AM A NOUN STUDENT CURRENTLY WRITING MY FIRST SEMESTER @ LAGOS. IKEJA CENTRE PRECISELY.
I GOT AN ONFO TODAY FROM A COURSE MATE DT D PRIN. OF ECONOMICS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO TOMMORW HAS PEN POSTPONED TIL NO TIME ND DT THE E-CENTR IS NO MORE @ IKEJA BT @ MAGODO. PLS CN SOME1 PLS THROW MORE LIGHT TO THIS?? WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE (100L, ENTREPRENEURIAL ND BUS MGT)
THANK U ALL.... 07030409247.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.