Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485632 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Odunharry(m): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
HELLO FOLKS!!!! Is there any update about our portal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bliss2: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Katier00:
hello everyone. pls I went to pay for online registration in the bank in awka but all the bank I visited don't accept noun payment .pls do we have any noun student in awka to help me out.

hv u been able to solve d issue if not email me; toymusbau@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Katier00(f): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
OK thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2017
Next Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have done.

So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will come out February.

xo contact me for your course materials at very affordable price
Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.

check my signature.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mzlewis(f): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2017
Pls I need help...I registered at noun ikeja since August and I fell I'll and was unable to register my courses(I had payed my school fees)even when I tried recently I was unable to log in into the site.do u think my profile has been deleted because I didn't sit for d exams?oor its just the problem frm d site?thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
mzlewis:
Pls I need help...I registered at noun ikeja since August and I fell I'll and was unable to register my courses(I had payed my school fees)even when I tried recently I was unable to log in into the site.do u think my profile has been deleted because I didn't sit for d exams?oor its just the problem frm d site?thanks

The portal is down since last year. So another is coming up.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Someone said employers don't accept NOUN certificates. I don't know if its true.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Greetings,
Any update on convocation pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:09am On Jan 07, 2017
ananne:
Pls is there anyone who is doing a PGD in criminology and security studies. I need an info urgently. Pls send a mail to nnewi299@yahoo.com.
no
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adageorge(f): 8:48am On Jan 07, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
if you've done your clearance and gotten your mat number, then you can go ahead and pay your fees. I'm studying computer science & i payed 75k
pls does noun serve
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ebook4Free(m): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2017
Adageorge:
pls does noun serve
Yes..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
Any Peace conflict and Resolution (PCR) students should add me up on WhatsApp or call to get more info: 08185025045
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR NEXT SCHOOL FEE

*Course Registration*

- Every One or Two unit course costs N2,000
- Every Three unit course costs N2,500
- Projects and IT (which are 6 units each) cost N15,000

*Exam Registration*

- Exam Registration for any course is N1000/course regardless of the units
- You do not need to register IT/SIWES, Seminars or Projects in exams

*Compulsory Fees*

- Each time you move into a second semester for any session (e.g. 2nd semester 100lev), your compulsory fee is *N13,000*
- Each time you move into a new session (e.g. 200lev 1st semester, 300lev 1st semester), your compulsory fee is *N23,000*

*Other things to note*

Most departments are required to register at least one Elective course per semester while some are required to register at least two elective courses per semester in addition to the core courses listed in the outline (but they might list up to 3 to 4 elective courses in some cases, and it is your choice to select whichever suits you or all of them if you wish). Some times, you might not get any electives in the outline for a particular semester but whenever you have them, you must select at least one of them (meaning one or more).

*What your total school fee for a particular semester entail*

Your total school fee is made up of the following:
Compulsory fee + Total Course Registration fees + Total Exam Fee

To download your course outline regardless of your departments, pls click this link http://nou.edu.ng/page/list-of-registerable-courses and select your department then scroll to locate outline for your level and semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Student Free 3 Weeks Lectures Starting On Saturday 14th January, 2017 @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos Or Call 08149139557,07031918775 For More Infromation

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Finally our portal is back, perfect and upgraded.... New features have been added too....you now have a place on your portal where u can report what is happening in your Study center that you don't like, you Can also report any staff that misbehave....there is also a place to rate your course material...this would help to minimize error in our course materials. They have also redesign our portal....it is now user friendly
U will see it ur self by Monday
_...from a reliable source..._
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Catalin:
Someone said employers don't accept NOUN certificates. I don't know if its true.

Hhhhhh wat of funny
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jacko007(m): 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Finally our portal is back, perfect and upgraded.... New features have been added too....you now have a place on your portal where u can report what is happening in your Study center that you don't like, you Can also report any staff that misbehave....there is also a place to rate your course material...this would help to minimize error in our course materials. They have also redesign our portal....it is now user friendly
U will see it ur self by Monday
_...from a reliable source..._

Hope so ooooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR NEXT SCHOOL FEE

*Course Registration*

- Every One or Two unit course costs N2,000
- Every Three unit course costs N2,500
- Projects and IT (which are 6 units each) cost N15,000

*Exam Registration*

- Exam Registration for any course is N1000/course regardless of the units
- You do not need to register IT/SIWES, Seminars or Projects in exams

*Compulsory Fees*

- Each time you move into a second semester for any session (e.g. 2nd semester 100lev), your compulsory fee is *N13,000*
- Each time you move into a new session (e.g. 200lev 1st semester, 300lev 1st semester), your compulsory fee is *N23,000*

*Other things to note*

Most departments are required to register at least one Elective course per semester while some are required to register at least two elective courses per semester in addition to the core courses listed in the outline (but they might list up to 3 to 4 elective courses in some cases, and it is your choice to select whichever suits you or all of them if you wish). Some times, you might not get any electives in the outline for a particular semester but whenever you have them, you must select at least one of them (meaning one or more).

*What your total school fee for a particular semester entail*

Your total school fee is made up of the following:
Compulsory fee + Total Course Registration fees + Total Exam Fee

To download your course outline regardless of your departments, pls click this link http://nou.edu.ng/page/list-of-registerable-courses and select your department then scroll to locate outline for your level and semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kazeemolami: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ebook4Free:
Yes..
It is in your dream that noun serve abi? Keep giving false information. cc: Adageorge
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Next Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have done.

So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will come out February.

xo contact me for your course materials at very affordable price
Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.

check my signature.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good evening... Can i write my project in 1st semester 400Level? I need urgent response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
jacko007:

Hope so ooooo
We hope to see the website soon.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
NOUN portal is back. Check it out here...

It's the New site for student login©

[National Open University of Nigeria] is good,have a look at it! https://www.nouonline.com/student_login.php
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ebook4Free(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
kazeemolami:

It is in your dream that noun serve abi? Keep giving false information.
cc: Adageorge
I have nothing to say than to show the real deal. check NYSC site yourself https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/verifysenatelists?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5709148227
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kazeemolami: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2017
Ebook4Free:
I have nothing to say than to show the real deal. check NYSC site yourself https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/verifysenatelists?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5709148227
Boda that thing has been on the site for up to two years now. But can you show us one noun graduate that wore khaki uniform?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
kazeemolami:

Boda that thing has been on the site for up to two years now. But can you show us one noun graduate that wore khaki uniform?
please u guys should act a little more mature...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Student Free 3 Weeks Lectures Starting On Saturday 14th January, 2017 @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos Or Call 08149139557,07031918775 For More Infromation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yildiz: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pls I have masters in electrical engineering can I apply for msc CIT or those it have to be pgd. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
jacko007:

Hope so ooooo
Anthony, kindly confirm you are serious about this website to be back tomorrow?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Feature

Why NOUN can’t send graduates to Law School, NYSC – Prof. Adamu
By Yusha’u A. Ibrahim, Kano | Publish Date: Jan 8 2017 2:00AMProfessor Abdallah Uba Adamu is the vice chancellor of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). In this interview with Daily Trust on Sunday, he rolled out the university’s plans for 2017 and why its Law graduates should be recognised by the Council for Legal Education. He also explained why the institution would employ 50 PhD holders, saying their graduates are eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
(3 Likes)

Professor Abdallah Uba Adamu
Heads of government agencies have started rolling out their plans for 2017. What should Nigerians expect from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) this year?

First of all, we are going to launch our new integrated website this month. We are also hoping to streamline our 78 study centres across the country. All of them have one problem or another. Some of them are physical while others have to do with human capacity.

We are coming up with a very strong integrated approach in order to ensure that we provide services to our clients much more effectively. So, our hope for this year is that our study centres would be more empowered and strengthened in order to operate at their full capacities. We also hope to employ at least 50 academic staff, professors, doctors, senior lecturers and lecturer I; all of them with PhDs. We no longer employ any academic staff who does not have a PhD. The reason is that NOUN is not a conventional university with classrooms where you can employ a graduate to teach as an assistant lecturer. We communicate with students through a distance learning method. We have to write the study materials, and this requires expertise and somebody who is good in research, investigation and worthy in writing reports.

Currently, we have about 83 of our staff members who are outside the country or outside the campus studying for PhD in various fields, and this is massively drawing on our resources. So instead of spending so much money in training staff, we will rather employ readymade PhD holders so that we can create a stronger structure. We are also hoping to introduce more attractive courses. It doesn’t make sense to come up with programmes that look wonderful on paper but not many people will subscribe for it.

The NOUN is in disagreement with its internet service providers, which led to the shutdown of its portal. What actually happened?

When I took over, I discovered that our services were rendered by two outside companies. These companies managed all our data resources, handled the admission, examinations and posting. To me, it doesn’t make sense to allocate massive resources to an outside agency or company when you have competent hands within the system.

We have a Department of Computer Science headed by a PhD holder in that field. We also have people in that department who are excellent when it comes to web design and so on. We even sent some of our staff for training in web design and internet technology. So it doesn’t make sense that we have all these, yet we are out-sourcing to somebody else. I thought the best thing was to look inwards and strengthen our capacity, identify key people who are good and empower them with necessary equipment so that they can come up with our own portal, and we have done that.

Naturally, the companies are not happy with this development because we have told them that we are going to cut off our relation because we have our own portal. In June last year, we told them that by the end of September we would close the agreement. We closed the agreement, but we faced some problems because the data is still with them. So we asked them to bring it because based on the agreement we entered, if any of the party decides to terminate the contract, they should hand over all the data. But they refused, and that is the problem we are facing at the moment.

Basical
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chimeln: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
hmm,and the best decision the institution decided to take on this as regards the students is to keep mute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.