Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503305 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timossa(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
For your 2nd Question: There is a University College named British American College (BAC) at NTC Professionals : 145, Idimu Road, Seliat Bus Stop, Egbeda Lagos. Lecture starts tomorrow and it's a weekend part time lectures programme. For more information, Call: 090-8110-8687. Thank you.

Richiejaystar:
Please help me with this questions:

1. Do Noun students go for nysc service?
(I heard they don't )

2. What is your experience regarding their lectures ?

3. What are d requirements for an undergraduate to get admission....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
Timossa:
For your 2nd Question: There is a University College named British American College (BAC) at NTC Professionals : 145, Idimu Road, Seliat Bus Stop, Egbeda Lagos. Lecture starts tomorrow and it's a weekend part time lectures programme. For more information, Call: 090-8110-8687. Thank you.

hw abt d first question
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
faisalcan:
If u are interested in ready made reading materials. Call Kelvin on this number 08189023963 he will deliver it for u anywhere. I use to buy from him too. Tell him Aliyu Mohammed from Badagry that gave u his number

Good. Please how much does he sell it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hi.

I'm a fresher(100 level, semester 1) in the Environmental health and resource management.

I have payed the 18,000 semester registration. I have 35,000 in my wallet and I've been trying to register for all the 23 courses I'm seeing there, but it keeps notifying me "insufficient funds."

What could be the cause?

Is there any student in my department( Environmental health and resource management.)? Possibly have get past this stage?

Thanks.

cc: Phiheywhy1 , Timossa , donplus1 , thaddeus12 , Kazrem
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
Please I will like to connect with any Business education undergraduate here.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Galaxyroyp

How could you register 23 courses at a time and for 35k? That is not possible nah. That is why it keeps telling you insufficient funds.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kazrem:
Galaxyroyp

How could you register 23 courses at a time and for 35k? That is not possible nah. That is why it keeps telling you insufficient funds.

Most of the course price is 0 naira.

I don't even know maybe I should register all the courses or just 13 courses?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
MONEY CAN CURE LOWER LEVEL DEPRESSION, SAYS NOUN VC

Abdalla Adamu, vice-chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says money can cure depression at the lower level.

Adamu expressed this view in remark at the celebration of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Day 2017 on Friday in Abuja.

“Let’s talk Depression” was the theme of event organised by NOUN’s faculty of health sciences in collaboration with the Nigerian Psychological Association.

According to the vice-chancellor, lack of money is a major cause of low-level depression.

“I am not a psychiatrist neither I am a psychologist but I know that money can cure depression at the lower level; when people do not have money, they are depressed.

Adamu attributed high-level depression to addiction to social media platforms.

“At the higher level, they have all the money but they do not communicate,” he said.

“Go to a rich home and you will see that they are not talking to one another; everybody is on Snap chat, Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook among others.

“Experts should develop a way of teaching people how to effectively use the social media to avoid alienation and its attendant depression,” he said.

He listed some of the causes of depression as poverty, unemployment, alcohol abuse, emotional problems and loss of a loved one.

Adamu said that theme of the event was in tandem with the economic situation in Nigeria which had pushed a lot of people into depression and suicide.

The vice-chancellor regretted that Nigerians, previously reported as among the happiest people in the world, were getting depressed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Galaxyroyp:

Most of the course price is 0 naira.

I don't even know maybe I should register all the courses or just 13 courses?
0 naira? I am hearing such the first time. Well, I will advise you wait for a while and see what happens.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kazrem:

0 naira? I am hearing such the first time. Well, I will advise you wait for a while and see what happens.

Even zero unit course is 2k!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
zyead:

Yeah. That exist.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
zyead:

Maybe I should just go to my study center and ask for all the mandatory courses for the semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 6:48am On Apr 08, 2017
good morning
please can an help me with past questions of Good study guide? i also wana connect with Masters in education students that has past questions. Please signify
its urgent
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Galaxyroyp:

Maybe I should just go to my study center and ask for all the mandatory courses for the semester.
U don't need to go. All course codes with odd numbers are for 1st semester, while those with even numbes are for 2nd semester. Though you can mix them up an register anyone at your convenience, in as far as u don't exceed 24 credit units.
As for the courses showing 0naira, it's actually N2000.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2017
Profandie:
good morning
please can an help me with past questions of Good study guide? i also wana connect with Masters in education students that has past questions. Please signify
its urgent
You can't get past question for Good study guide. It's an e-exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Tutorials @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos or call 08185025045,08119855931 For More Information...(TMA PORTAL IS ACTIVE NOW)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 10:56am On Apr 08, 2017
How can I drop courses? pls urgent reply.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by buddyosan: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2017
[quote author=vision2050 post=55376606]How can I drop courses? pls urgent reply.[/quotke]I don't think there is any drop course key on the portal yet.I learnt they are still working on the key
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timossa(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
They don't go for NYSC Service. Thank you.

[Quote author=fhranchez post=55359967]
hw abt d first question[/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timossa(m): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
The Lecture Fees has been slated to N10,000. Call now to enroll for lectures : 090-8110-8687. Lectures Center is : National Tutorial Center, Lagos (NTC) : 145, Idimu Road, Seliat Bus Stop, Egbeda Lagos.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
Gazelle22:
Following rumor making rounds in Social Media that Students Union Government have been formed in the National Open University of Nigeria, be aware that National Open University of Nigeria do not approve any Student Union Government. The Act establishing the institution forbids such. As long as NOUN is concerned, there is no Students Union Government. I wonder if any of you here is aware of or belong to any.

Forming unions or associations has its merits and downsides.

Yes, your voices would be heard, but recall that in most instances, the actions of students fire back. In most schools, students, led by SUG will protest with noble intentions. But hoodlums will hijack the protest to cause mayhem. In some cases, such miscreants are even sponsored by the school authorities just to give bad name to the dog in order to hang it. In the end, school is shutdown for a long time, reopened, and students are asked to pay damages. Here, even the SUG abandon the students to their fate instead of protesting the payment of damages again. That makes we wonder if there is a sort of criminal conspiracy between the SUG and school authorities to share the proceeds of such damages. Here again, the hapless and gullible students are the final victims.

Be aware too that formation of students union will ultimately lead to staff union institutionalization. The wave of strike actions leading to disruption of academic calendars across conventional universities in Nigeria today is yet to be experienced in National Open University of Nigeria due to the absence of unionism.

I, Gazelle, with the assistance of some like-minds, personally moved to organize unionism in Owerri Study Center two years ago. I clashed with the school management at that time for that purpose. I studied the developments then and pulled out. I sent warning to Lagos then regarding the way to go about theirs. They refused to listen. That led to expulsion of students, court actions, change of leadership of the school management, and finally the challenges we are undergoing presently.

In my advice, the school management is doing their best. After all, fees has crashed right now. A more sturdy, responsive and effective portal is being built.

Our problem is not school management but government agencies like NYSC and Council of Legal Education - CLE.

Nothing damaging is happening in the school yet to desperately call for Unionism. Even students union in Nigeria today are toothless bulldogs, inept and corrupt. Those moving for Unionism are only doing that to satisfy that selfish egos - power, fame and pecuniary gains.

©GAZELLE
Continue deceiving yourself there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Please I need help on how to get these two course materials BED 111 and BED 113. I can't find them on the portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Information reaching me now that courses and exams registration button may be closing down (before next 2weeks) ...so only TMA (tutor marked assignment) and previous exams Results button would still be functional pls share to friends
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
I think is N700 per course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Delivery fee may cost u N500, within Lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
Students’ Portal (Studware) and University Official Website
Home
This is to bring to your notice that year one BSc. and BSc. Ed. students of Faculty of Sciences and Faculty of Education students in all the Lagos Study centers shall commence their Science Practical’s Exercise on the 10th of April, 2017.

The schedule is as follows:

Mondays: BIO191;

Tuesdays: PHY191 and PHY192;

Wednesdays: CHM191;

Thursdays: BIO192; and

Fridays: CHM192.

On each day, three sessions will be held thus:

First session: 9.00 am to 12 noon
Second session: 12.30 pm to 3.30 pm
Third session: 3.45 pm -6.45 pm
Students are advised to come along with white long sleeve Laboratory coats (three-quarter length), Science Laboratory notes and writing material.

Thank you.

Dr Maureen. N. Chukwu

Science Laboratory Coordinator
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
good morning
please can an help me with past questions in Masters In Education and i also wana connect with Masters in education students that has past questions. Please signify
its urgent
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by promisechild(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2017
Do u need a capable and trustworthy hands to handle your TMA? Noun TMA guru is here to help you. We are group of people who are interested in your academic breakthrough. We can provide TMA solutions to all noun courses. All our scores are 10/10,We are very fast in delivery. Follow us on facebook @ https://mobile.facebook.com/nountmagurus/?_ft_=top_level_post_id.1054006564731091%3Atl_objid.1054006564731091

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayosaurus(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2017
Please help me, I've been unable to complete registration
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2017
Profandie:
good morning
please can an help me with past questions in Masters In Education and i also wana connect with Masters in education students that has past questions. Please signify
its urgent
Pm me or WhatsApp my number
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2017
dayosaurus:
Please help me, I've been unable to complete registration
What exactly is it telling you

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.