Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503391 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by striker07(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
timmyoj:
Hi guys! Hmmm and after so much wahala with NOUN for years for an M.Sc Info Tech, spending over 70k on project wahala alone and submitting it 3 times both to the HQ before seeing the project result, and spending so much just to clear one CO, I finally see my results and this heartless people gave me another CO when am quite sure that my TMA score was good and I didn't do badly in the exam too.

Please what's the probability of graduating with the below results and by the way am I seeing pending units of 10, thought the required units was 40?? and I have 39, kai! NOUN is not fair oooo, so I will now come and spend almost 50k for just one course. That Devil is a liar o, including NOUN! lols
Serious matter tho! shocked undecided cry
The maximum you can do is 42 units,the minimum to pass is 40 units, I believe the 10 units outstanding is a mistake from the portal.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yubee40(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Actually i thought the min credit units for Msc Info Tech is 30. I stand to be corrected tho.
striker07:
The maximum you can do is 42 units,the minimum to pass is 40 units, I believe the 10 units outstanding is a mistake from the portal.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olulove(m): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Information reaching me now that courses and exams registration button may be closing down (before next 2weeks) ...so only TMA (tutor marked assignment) and previous exams Results button would still be functional pls share to friends

pls sir.kindly assist me, i forgot to register one of my core course.. can i register it after submitting course and exam registration?
pls i need urgent advice. many thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by david7777: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
DO YOU NEED A NOUN PRIVATE HOME TEACHER FOR MATHEMATICS IN ABUJA? CALL 09053175687

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
olulove:

pls sir.kindly assist me, i forgot to register one of my core course.. can i register it after submitting course and exam registration?

Yes You can register it .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Richiejaystar: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Noun don't go for NYSC service?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pls when is new graduation list coming out? It is long over due for christ sake
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Kazrem:

Pm me or WhatsApp my number
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timossa(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
They don't go brother. Ever since you have been asking, non can reply you. NOUN is purely an online and distance learning institution which makes them not to serve.

Richiejaystar:
Noun don't go for NYSC service?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please ooooo I need help .

I'm doing a 4_ yrs programe, yr 1 & 2 CGPA is 4.08, any hope of 1st class?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hi, Good day to you all

Please can I get the total fee breakdown for undergraduate program COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY from first semester first year to final year last semester

Like how much is expected to be paid in total per semester (compulsory and school fee).

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
OKANGPRECIOUS:

Yes make more of A's and pray harder
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
First of all, Good day to you all. I don't know if I may be violating any rule by posting this but I have no option, My apology to the mods and seen. Let me not bore you all with lots of talks. Nairalanders My name is Chubiyojo other names withheld for security reasons. Please am on my knees begging, pleading for assistance from you all. 300L student of a renowned University in Nigeri a, If I have other options I would not be here to beg, I have laboured, worked hard to raise funds to school but this year is not working, Have done every thing humanly and mentally possible have lost the battle, I don't want to be wayward I was brought up in a very good moral background. I have outstanding bills of over 50,000naira. I tried my best to hustle 20 by labouring now no more work to continue, We should be resuming this April ending. Nairalanders please help a brother, friend and Nigerian. Anything will be appreciated. Am in need of literally 30000naira. Please nairalanders Am in tears typing this.. Please I had to use my feeding to go to a cafe to post this. I don't have a phone to access mails. You can reach me on 08111417745. Am scared to post my account details cause of security reasons. Thank you all... Thank you all again God bless you all....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
OKANGPRECIOUS:
Please ooooo I need help .
I'm doing a 4_ yrs programe, yr 1 & 2 CGPA is 4.08, any hope of 1st class?
Very possible. Someone had suggested what to do. You are close to it.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
Know the courses you are doing before registering. No button to drop course

Visit nouedu.net.

Click on Study With Us.

On the Dropbox, click Programs.

Then select Registrable courses.

On the new page, fill in your faculty, level and semester, then click Apply.

You see the course you are to do, their status and units.

You can also contact us for your Tma and be guaranteed of 30/30
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
Galaxyroyp:
Hi.

I'm a fresher(100 level, semester 1) in the Environmental health and resource management.

I have payed the 18,000 semester registration. I have 35,000 in my wallet and I've been trying to register for all the 23 courses I'm seeing there, but it keeps notifying me "insufficient funds."

What could be the cause?

Is there any student in my department( Environmental health and resource management.)? Possibly have get past this stage?

Thanks.

cc: Phiheywhy1 , Timossa , donplus1 , thaddeus12 , Kazrem

You are not supposed to select from the 23 courses. Some are core courses and some are electives.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Anthonyo15:
MONEY CAN CURE LOWER LEVEL DEPRESSION, SAYS NOUN VC

Abdalla Adamu, vice-chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says money can cure depression at the lower level.

Adamu expressed this view in remark at the celebration of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Day 2017 on Friday in Abuja.

“Let’s talk Depression” was the theme of event organised by NOUN’s faculty of health sciences in collaboration with the Nigerian Psychological Association.

According to the vice-chancellor, lack of money is a major cause of low-level depression.

“I am not a psychiatrist neither I am a psychologist but I know that money can cure depression at the lower level; when people do not have money, they are depressed.

Adamu attributed high-level depression to addiction to social media platforms.

“At the higher level, they have all the money but they do not communicate,” he said.

“Go to a rich home and you will see that they are not talking to one another; everybody is on Snap chat, Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook among others.

“Experts should develop a way of teaching people how to effectively use the social media to avoid alienation and its attendant depression,” he said.

He listed some of the causes of depression as poverty, unemployment, alcohol abuse, emotional problems and loss of a loved one.

Adamu said that theme of the event was in tandem with the economic situation in Nigeria which had pushed a lot of people into depression and suicide.

The vice-chancellor regretted that Nigerians, previously reported as among the happiest people in the world, were getting depressed.
NOUN VC is very correct. Just be in a low mode and let somebody come and give you money or receive a credit alert.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
olulove:

Yes you can. Be sure you have enough funds. Follow the steps you used when registering the one's you did before.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
professorgome:

You are not supposed to select from the 23 courses. Some are core courses and some are electives.

All of the course are denoted with the 'C' symbol under the status column.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Yes make more of A's and pray harder

What's the point for First class?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
Galaxyroyp:

What's the point for First class?
4.50 and above
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by anthney87: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Galaxyroyp:

All of the course are denoted with the 'C' symbol under the status column.

some courses there are for ist semester and d rest 2nd semester. register only ur ist semester.

it should not be more than 10 courses per semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by anthney87: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
please any NURSING student here should help me with the courses to be register for 2nd semester 200level.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dapotemi: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
I want to register my course now and i saw four CORE courses and five elective courses. If i register the four core courses as expected, how do i know the number of elective courses am to register. #Postgraduate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
anthney87:
please any NURSING student here should help me with the courses to be register for 2nd semester 200level.

Visit nouedu.net.
Click on Study With Us.
On the Dropbox, click Programs.
Then select Registrable courses.
On the new page, fill in your faculty, level and semester, then click Apply.
You see the course you are to do, their status and units.

You can also contact us for your Tma and be guaranteed of 30/30
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Anthonyo15:
HOW TO CHECK YOUR RESULT ON THE NEW NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA PORTAL – Nouonline.Net

The result was finally released about two weeks ago and many students are complaining that they don’t know how to check their result. So today we are going to learn how to check our results on the new NOUN Portal, am also going to explain the result page so that you will know what all the features that are provided in the result page mean.

Let’s get started.

Step 1

You have to visit the NOUN website i.e. nouonline.net. You can do this using your smart phone or laptop. I would recommend you us Google chrome internet browser and a very fast internet connection.

After the website opens up you should click on “Student Login” button.

Step 2

After the student login page opens, you have to enter your Matric Number and Password so that you will be logged in to you personal portal. If you don’t have the password yet please visit the ICT Department of your Study Centre so that they can create one for you.

Step3

After a successful login click on the “Courses” button at the top of the page and a drop down menu list will come up.

Select “Result” from the menu list so that you will be taken to your personal result page

UNDERSTANDING THE RESULT PAGE

*At the left hand corner you will see your CGPA, it has been calculated for you so you don’t need to do the calculation yourself.
*Moving down a little bit you will see your Grade Statistics, it shows you how many A’s, B’s, C’s, D’s, E’s and F’s you have gotten throughout your studies in the school.
*At the right hand corner you will see your “Academic Performance Report” which is divided into two.

1. STATEMENT OF RESULT – it shows you the entire course you have ever taken in NOUN and your grades on them, the courses are arranged alphabetically.

2.PERFORMANCE TIMELINE – here you will find all the courses you have ever taken in NOUN but this time they are divided into semesters, which means it shows you academic performance from your first semester exam till the last semester exam you took.

Lovely piece of information, nice work bro, stay blessed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Macgreat(m): 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Pls, who has paid with MasterCard ... Someone with experience should share.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
FORMER PRESIDENT SHAGARI ADVOCATES ‘ADEQUATE FUNDING FOR NOUN’

Second Republic President Shehu Shagari, has advocated increased and adequate funding for the National Open University of Nigeria ( NOUN).

Shagari spoke on Monday in Sokoto when the institution’s Vice Chancellor, Prof. Abdallah Adamu, paid him a courtesy call.

” I am extremely happy that a university I established in 1983 has blossomed into a mega-university, with students’ population of over 250,000.

”The institution therefore needs more funds to conduct its commendable activities, as well as sustain its status of the largest university in Africa.

” I must also commend the management of the institution for working relentlessly to provide education to all classes of Nigerians, including the vulnerable citizens like prison inmates.”

Adamu had earlier commended the former president for his vision to establish the university in 1983.

According to him,” it provides Nigerians of all classes opportunity to acquire qualitative higher education.

” The former president deserves commendation for his vision to establish the NOUN, which had provided millions of Nigerians access to affordable education.

” We are also assisting prison inmates to acquire free higher education, as part of their reformation process.”

Speaking at a separate courtesy call on Gov. Aminu Tambuwal, Adamu said that the World Bank had,” bought into the NOUN.

” The bank has made funds available to sponsor vulnerable and indigent Nigerians in the university.

” The admission of the would-be beneficiaries will, however, be facilitated by the states.

” Regrettably, none of the states have availed its people of such idling funds and I am happy that Sokoto State has promised to be the first state to do so.”

Responding, Tambuwal said that he was proud to be associated with the university, saying,” it is greatly helping in manpower development in Nigeria.”

The governor also noted that the institution was providing equal opportunities to all classes of Nigerians to acquire higher education.

” The university is providing such opportunities to even retirees and other senior citizens of Nigeria.

” Former President Olusegun Obasanjo does not hide his joy of being an alumnus of the NOUN.”

The governor also directed the Secretary to the State Government to immediately provide a land for the construction of the permanent site of the study centre of the university in the state.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 1:31am On Apr 11, 2017
Macgreat:
Pls, who has paid with MasterCard ... Someone with experience should share.

It works perfectly.

Always try funding your wallet with 1k and proceed with higher amount provided that the network is good while funding your waller with 1k.

So far so good. It's been a great means to pay. It reflects faster than you can ever think of.

Good luck.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seunnext2u: 5:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Pls how can i reset my password on noun portal?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 6:05am On Apr 11, 2017
Am a pgde Student in noun, Pls how much will it cost to register my teacher's training dats TP and project respectively?

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.