Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485918 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oxytocin712: 3:08am On Apr 01, 2013
Adams387: Pls, any PGD INFO.TECH student operating in abuja centre or any other centre? Pls kindly indicate 4 collaboration. Thanks
Adams, pls what is the duration of pgd in NOUN, the likely total fees (through out the prog), do they request for transcript and discharge certificate (i.e. NYSC). Thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 6:55am On Apr 01, 2013
Hello y people. This forum has been most helpful to me. Thank u all.
Guys I want to know wen course registration will end for Τ̲̅ђέ second semester and Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω will I know courses I have to re register incase of cary over..thanks ever dependable pals
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emekaenglish: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2013
apeelewuetu:
If u are able to provide the following information after payment of specified amount of money in the bank, filling the form online will not be a problem.
Every minute, my phone continue to ring and i discovered that most of the questions are entre on how to get form and fill the form online or what to do next, now after payment of specified amount of money for form in the bank e.g Zenith bank, 5000 for undergraduate and 7500 for postgraduate, a print out will be issued in which a number known as Your PIN will appear, it is this Pin u will use to fill the form online, it is very easy.For immediate assistance , do not hesitate to call me on 070369302 or text those information to me, i will process the admission and u do the print out in any location, but make sure all results and other information supply are authentic because u will still face screening in your study centre after the admission.
NAME IN FULL ----------
PHONE N0---------------
PIN N0 FROM PRINT OUT IN BANK-------------
MAIDEN NAME FOR FEMALE -------
DATE OF BIRTH--------------
SINGLE OR MARRIED -------------
COURSE INTENDED FOR STUDY-----------
STUDY CENTRE NEAREST TO YOU---------
E MAIL IF AVAILABLE------------
STATE -----------
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA -----------
TOWN -----------------
RESIDENCE ADDRESS --------------
STATE, LGA, TOWN.
CONTACT ADDRESS ---------------
STATE, LGA, TOWN.
NAME OF NEXT OF KILN --------------
ADDRESS OF NEXT OF KILN -------------
PHONE N0 OF NEXT OF KILN -----------
O LEVEL RESULT WITH GRADE --------
DATE OF EXAM ----------E.G JUNE 2000
EXAM N0 ---------------------
TYPE OF EXAM ------------ E.G WAEC, NECO OR NABTEB.
NAME OF SCHOOL WHERE THE EXAM TOOK PLACE
SAME APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE, ALL RESULTS SHOULD CONTAIN, EXAM N0, NAME OF SCHOOL, GRADE,DATE OF EXAM.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emekaenglish: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2013
Tnx 4ur info. If one completes a programme say this year, when will he get his result? Do they normally conduct lectures for undergs and postgs at the study centres? How many semesters does noun run in 1calendar yr? If one registers this April, is there any possibility of starting this yr, when and what semester? HAPPY NEW MONTH! Thanks and God bless you as reply/comment.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by greatgeo(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2013
emekaenglish: Tnx 4ur info. If one completes a programme say this year, when will he get his result? Do they normally conduct lectures for undergs and postgs at the study centres? How many semesters does noun run in 1calendar yr? If one registers this April, is there any possibility of starting this yr, when and what semester? HAPPY NEW MONTH! Thanks and God bless you as reply/comment.
and which form do i get as direct entry can one start dis month thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Pls guys, I want to know: has there ever been any noun graduate who got a job with his or her certificate in either government or private business establishments.
This question comes due to the fact that not all noun students are working and studying; some are studying s as to get work with their cert since not everyone must be an employer. Pls let noun graduates talk to us
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adams387: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Any PGD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENT? KINDLY INDICATE, THANKS

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ossaifamous(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Takoro13:
i want to advise you before you get the form go to your intended study centre and make enquiry bcs some adverts were just format stuf.if you have upper credit together with o level in account related sujects i.e engl + math and 3 others you can be given 200lv/300lv other than that you can only use o level for 100lv. later........
I do not ve upper credit.... olodo like me
then ve been told that no more d.e
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ossaifamous(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
well am gonna get the form insha allah before this week end ..... time for procastination is over ... wasted lot of years doing nothing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by greatgeo(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ossai famous:
I do not ve upper credit.... olodo like me
then ve been told that no more d.e
hmm so i can be addmitted into 200/300 level.i really need d 300 level tin but hw do i go about it cos am in warri right now
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
Oxytocin_712:
Adams, pls what is the duration of pgd in NOUN, the likely total fees (through out the prog), do they request for transcript and discharge certificate (i.e. NYSC). Thanks in anticipation.
you have 3 months for pgd but can still be adjust as you like. chech www.noun.edu.ng for fees. no transcript but discharge certificate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ossaifamous(m): 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
so pls house tell me if this form is still available and what is the closest tutor or annex to sango - Abule Egba , Lagos Area
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
kekakuz: Hello y people. This forum has been most helpful to me. Thank u all.
Guys I want to know wen course registration will end for Τ̲̅ђέ second semester and Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω will I know courses I have to re register incase of cary over..thanks ever dependable pals
registration closes before the exams and to know your courses chech your portal God forbid carryover, when the exam results are out then you know you re registr courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
emekaenglish: Tnx 4ur info. If one completes a programme say this year, when will he get his result? Do they normally conduct lectures for undergs and postgs at the study centres? How many semesters does noun run in 1calendar yr? If one registers this April, is there any possibility of starting this yr, when and what semester? HAPPY NEW MONTH! Thanks and God bless you as reply/comment.
you start programme immidiately you registr and no officiall lecture in noun. your result is secure in the hand of management. 2 semesters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgeo:
and which form do i get as direct entry can one start dis month thanks
thesame form with 100lv i.e degree form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ossai famous: so pls house tell me if this form is still available and what is the closest tutor or annex to sango - Abule Egba , Lagos Area
the form is on sales. go you www.nou.edu.ng.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ossai famous: so pls house tell me if this form is still available and what is the closest tutor or annex to sango - Abule Egba , Lagos Area
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
[size=21pt]MR TAKORO, FRESH UNDERGS HAV 2 PAY 22,500[REG FEE] AND SOME AMOUNT HAV 2 BE PAID 4 COURSE REGISTRATION AND EXAM RYT? PLS HOW MUCH IS THE TOTALITY OF THE SUM WHICH HAS 2 BE PAID BY A COMPUTER SCI STUDENT IN D BEGINING OF A SESSION?[/size]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uzee4real(f): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2013
Adams387: Any PGD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENT? KINDLY INDICATE, THANKS
yeah

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Any Bsc business management and entrepreneur 400 level student? Indicate please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
you have 3 months for pgd but can still be adjust as you like. chech www.noun.edu.ng for fees. no transcript but discharge certificate.

Why no transcript? Do u even know what it's? Both are possible!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
registration closes before the exams and to know your courses chech your portal God forbid carryover, when the exam results are out then you know you re registr courses.

Carry-over courses are paid for during exam registration.It's just the normal exam fee of N1,000.Before then u must have seen ur results.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2013
greatgeo:
hmm so i can be addmitted into 200/300 level.i really need d 300 level tin but hw do i go about it cos am in warri right now
That is not yet possible. U will start from year 1.Go find out from ur study center thou.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afroman23: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2013
Hello guys, my question might sound very stupid, what is TMA?? i have been seeing alot of people here talking about my TMA result and stuff like that but what is the meaning of TMA is it the exam student do in NOUN? also i want to ask if noun student write test
(30marks) before they do the exam at the end of the semester (70marks). then if someone should register let say today when is the first semester likely to finish?.. Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2013
afroman23: Hello guys, my question might sound very stupid, what is TMA?? i have been seeing alot of people here talking about my TMA result and stuff like that but what is the meaning of TMA is it the exam student do in NOUN? also i want to ask if noun student write test
(30marks) before they do the exam at the end of the semester (70marks). then if someone should register let say today when is the first semester likely to finish?.. Thanks in advance.

Read old pages.Ur concerns have been treated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afroman23: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Read old pages.Ur concerns have been treated.

i have tried to read old pages but i didnt see anything.. please will appreciate it if you can just give me little detail, i dont need much information.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
afroman23:

i have tried to read old pages but i didnt see anything.. please will appreciate it if you can just give me little detail, i dont need much information.

I hope someone will...no time
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
WHξξ∟s:
[size=21pt]MR TAKORO, FRESH UNDERGS HAV 2 PAY 22,500[REG FEE] AND SOME AMOUNT HAV 2 BE PAID 4 COURSE REGISTRATION AND EXAM RYT? PLS HOW MUCH IS THE TOTALITY OF THE SUM WHICH HAS 2 BE PAID BY A COMPUTER SCI STUDENT IN D BEGINING OF A SESSION?[/size]
all is dsame but the number of courses you want to registr that determine the amount you pay which may vary to even your mates payment apart from compulsory fee which is 22500 that is thesame for all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Why no transcript? Do u even know what it's? Both are possible!
some times you need a little moderators or word editors. now tell me what a transcript is. the most knowledgeable of the house.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by WHees(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Takoro13:
all is dsame but the number of courses you want to registr that determine the amount you pay which may vary to even your mates payment apart from compulsory fee which is 22500 that is thesame for all.

Owk.. Hence 100L stdnts has to register 10 compulsary 2 credit unit courses we can say one has to pay additional 30k[course reg + exam fee] making it 52,500 in the beginning of a semester[bsc comp sci FRESH stdnt].. Is that correct? pls tel me if my stats is wrong.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
afroman23: Hello guys, my question might sound very stupid, what is TMA?? i have been seeing alot of people here talking about my TMA result and stuff like that but what is the meaning of TMA is it the exam student do in NOUN? also i want to ask if noun student write test
tma mean tutors marked assignment. you are going to do atleast 3 out of four. the sum of the 3 would stand for your continues assessmeent which is the 30% of your total marks. we are just at the beggining of first semester so if you have the admission now you are with us, let go. we know the begining but no one can say the end. sessions before now the school xperienced plight in terms of acreditation and that tend on the whole programmebut now we are expecting 3 to 4 month a semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
^^In addition to that
ferdimako:

TMA is Tutor Marked Assignment and it comes in fours for every registered examinable course. For math courses, you get 10 questions per TMA and that means each question attracts 1 point. For non-math courses, you get 20 questions per TMA and that means half mark for a question. No negative markings.

When you're done with the TMAs, NOUN will pick and add your best three TMAs and that will be over 30...30%. This means you can best three and forgo one. Or when u noticed u did badly on one, u prepare better for the next one in order not to have the poor one picked.

TMAs are all electronic but optionally realtime. U get the questions from ur portal, print them off, answer them and head back in to submit. U can do them right there!And You get ur scores immediately after submissions.

Sometimes, NOUN's database doesn't match with the correct answer on ur material...it is strange. I had to complain last time out, and they allowed me redo them.

Almost every question you'll encounter comes from ur materials.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ttomexy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.