Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY (14057 Views)

Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu / Buhari Meets With Julius Berger Board Of Directors (Photos) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by iterator25: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2013
[size=18pt]He had to visit before maintainance could be carried out, same as police college Yet he pays ministers billions of naira monthly angry Nigerians you're all doomed [/size]
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by kokoA(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2013
Some kind things wey we dey celebrate as achievement for naija sef na wah o.. If rehabilitating a stadium is a great achievement worth listing as "gains of GEJ administration" then OBJ deserves to be life president for building such a magnificent edifice in the first place.. Smh.. BTW, isn't it the duty of the sports ministry to ensure that all our sports facilities across the country are properly maintained? We should be asking "where dem been put eye to allow dey stadium scata reach like that before?".. Anyway, I am glad I will be strolling to the back of my house to watch our darling eagles whoop Ethiopia live come november this year..

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by 3ace(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2013
I hope they are serious about continuous maintenance of the facilities. Lackadaisical government!
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2013
kennyonthrone: If d'picz is anytin 2 go by den we gat stamford bridge in 9ja.........Shout out 2 all Chelsea fanz in d'buildin.

#Team Chelsea,Team Eagles till i turn gay#

Comparing our national stadium to that chelshit that cannot accommodate 50,000 persons is an insult
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by iterator25: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2013
Gwekzy: Na Lie.. I no believe dat Picture.. PHOTOSHOP
your pa, Photoshop lipsrsealed
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by veraponpo(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2013
kokoA: Some kind things wey we dey celebrate as achievement for naija sef na wah o.. If rehabilitating a stadium is a great achievement worth listing as "gains of GEJ administration" then OBJ deserves to be life president for building such a magnificent edifice in the first place.. Smh.. BTW, isn't it the duty of the sports ministry to ensure that all our sports facilities across the country are properly maintained? We should be asking "where dem been put eye to allow dey stadium scata reach like that before?".. Anyway, I am glad I will be strolling to the back of my house to watch our darling eagles whoop Ethiopia live come november this year..

Thank you bro. Jonathan has been repairing roads, airports, stadia but has not built one. Even if not for Punch that showed us the level of rot and disrepair going on inside the stadium, the opposition talking about Lagos- Ibadan road and bridge in the east (east west), Benin Ore road, nothing couldnt have happened. I remember when channels reported police college Ikeja, GEJ said they were sponsored by opposition. MUST THEY PUSH GEJ BEFORE HE WALKS!!!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by CiloCharles(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2013
Bravo
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by yemmight(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Wow, another break through, only GEJ can stop GEJ.
h

I pity some of you agents of Jonathan. Where has he been over 3 years doing nothin in the country. Now election is coming and desperado GEJ wants to return by all means. That is why everybody takes advantage and start demanding from him. Very clueless. The rebel Governors have turned him to begger in the wake of their secret meetings.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2013
Abu Mikey:
New Look Pix
#Fresh Air# in the stadium.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by repent4christ: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2013
This company is outstanding, good thinking good product.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by ballabriggs: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2013
You renovate a stadium which is meant to be routine and we should start jumping?

So what should we do to the man who built the stadium, we should make him a Knight?

This should be a routine task, it is a shame that the stadium was left to rot. If the government was well run, the stadium will not have deteriorated.

Point is governments all over the country should hands off these facilities, concession it, there are more important things to be done, it is not a priority. Focus on small recreational parks in the community where our young ones will go and learn in order to stay off crime. That should be priority for a government of a poor country like Nigeria.

I strongly believe part of the things wrong with us as a country is our inability to prioritise development.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2013
yinkard4me: And wat do I gain from dis? If I can't watch super eagles on our local tv stations.. So wah do I gain from a new stadia if i av to use ma own money to watch super eagles wen playing there? Bunch of Bigots
Wetin dey worry u?
Who told d Englsh watches 3 Lions(England senior national team) for free,or France watches Le Blues for free?.If u dont know they pay as much as £70 to whatch a game in their own national stadium . Is this another Gbawe in d making(allergic to good development)?
If u cant commend d good work by our able GEJ,y not keep shut.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by emmymdk: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Maintenance culture is our problem. I bet you that before Jonathan leaves office in 2015,another round of rehabilitation will take place.

Na U wan pusure am comot? Second term on our mind jaree! grin
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by omar22(m): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2013
ballabriggs: You renovate a stadium which is meant to be routine and we should start jumping?

So what should we do to the man who built the stadium, we should make him a Knight?

This should be a routine task, it is a shame that the stadium was left to rot. If the government was well run, the stadium will not have deteriorated.

Point is governments all over the country should hands off these facilities, concession it, there are more important things to be done, it is not a priority. Focus on small recreational parks in the community where our young ones will go and learn in order to stay off crime. That should be priority for a government of a poor country like Nigeria.

I strongly believe part of the things wrong with us as a country is our inability to prioritise development.

What do you expect from these a$$-kissing looney's

I guess election is coming they are now trying to get some people's juices flowing

"Give them little and they will shut up" Something white people use to do to black people, now black people are now doing it to black people.

A stadium they should either sell off or demolish and rebuild a new, Knowing that another stadium is across the road.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Tonylyte(m): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2013
Na eating plate b dis or stadium? Bro-j lyk beta tinz sha....point is dat, no mata wat bro-j does, association of past criminals(a.p.c) boiz wil stil complain. Even if he walk on water, they wil say it simply becos he cant swim.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by bibina: 11:57am On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Maintenance culture is our problem. I bet you that before Jonathan leaves office in 2015,another round of rehabilitation will take place.

and who told you Jonathan is leaving office in 2015? keep dreaming.......
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Consultville(m): 11:58am On Sep 17, 2013
In Nigeria, criticism triggers development
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Princek12(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
All hail a failed country, where the president is being lauded and celebrated for removing weeds and planting and watering grass in a national stadium. Yay!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by sarutobie(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
omar22:

What do you expect from these a$$-kissing looney's

I guess election is coming they are now trying to get some people's juices flowing

"Give them little and they will shut up" Something white people use to do to black people, now black people are now doing it to black people.

A stadium they should either sell off or demolish and rebuild a new, Knowing that another stadium is across the road.
They should demolish it and rebuild a new one?? Damn! ASUU why!!?
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by RealAlfranco: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: Why have the stadium fall apart and then rehabilitate?
God, I have died!!!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Dpeacemaker101: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
yinkard4me: And wat do I gain from dis? If I can't watch super eagles on our local tv stations.. So wah do I gain from a new stadia if i av to use ma own money to watch super eagles wen playing there? Bunch of Bigots
I don't want to sound abusive, but please don't comment on post because everyone is doing so.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Dpeacemaker101: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Princek12: All hail a failed country, where the president is being lauded and celebrated for removing weeds and planting and watering grass in a national stadium. Yay!
am sure you have never gone to that stadium before now.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by SIRJENTLE: 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
IF THINGS ARE DONE THIS WAY, THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY. LET OTHER SECTORS AND AREAS OF THE SYSTEM WITNESS THIS SAME DEVELOPMENT.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Coolabbie: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Real_Alfranco: God, I have died!!!
Dont be stu.pid, that statement/question is totally correct.
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dejiro: Nigeria needs serious restructuring and decentralisation of Governance. To start fixing the National stadium, Police College, Lagos-Ibadan Road e.t.c. The president had to visit and award contract? What about the Ministers that we are paying? What about the different Governmental Agencies responsible for maintenance?
Is this how we will continue to run Nigeria? How many places can a single President visit? What happens if the President cannot visit? So nothing will get done? How will the president have time to oversee sound policy making if we don't decentralise government and governance?

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the President but against this faulty Federalism system that the military bestowed on us. Until our Agencies and Institutions are made to work, Nigerian Presidents will continue to labour almost in vain.
+100 likes...the earlier we start putting in place strong institutional framework the better for us

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Sagamite(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
taharqa: [size=18]ANOTHER PROMISE KEPT: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation[/size]

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5623-julius-berger-completes-abuja-national-stadium-pitch

http://img.naij.com/sports/04/3/abuja_national_stadium98990.jpg

Lets park the stupidity of celebrating a stadium being in a condition it should be and not even highlighting the cost it took to "rehabilitate" it and no one was punished for making the government face that cost because we have a cretin as President.

How come there are no pictures of the rehabilitation?

How come you are showing us old pictures of the National stadium?

Abati couldn't provide you with pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Pataki: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is what I call first class idiocy! - Repainting damaged airports, repainting damaged roads, repainting damaged stadium, while the leaders and its people are forever damaged!

And not surprising enough, the bunch of first class idiots are busy celebrating the ediotic first class President for spending billions in repainting another damaged institution.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Horus(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
If they celebrate "Rehabilitation" this mean that the money for maintenance was not there or the money was on hold but only to be released after the degradation of the stadium to create a publicity effect to have more popularity. The "savior" come to "save" the stadium from degradation with the same money that was allocated for the maintenance in the first place. This is Politrick, everything was planned in advance. The "savior" of the stadium expect that you will vote for him in 2015. So there is nothing to celebrate for because when there is proper maintenance there is no need for "Rehabilitation".
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by taharqa: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Some People will die of HATRED and FRUSTRATIONS. GOOD NEWS go kill them. More dey come; and we go dey bring am here... Its been a Pleasure

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
gboss4sure: Fresh Hurricane grin grin grin grin. Enemies of Nigeria has gone into hiding
Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
taharqa: Some People will die of HATRED and FRUSTRATIONS. GOOD NEWS go kill them. More dey come; and we go dey bring am here... Its been a Pleasure

Will you ask Abati for pictures when you do?

Tell him there might be many fucktards on NL that you can deceive with junk but Sagamite would always expose you and your idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Completes Abuja National Stadium Rehabilitation, Hands Over TODAY by jhidey08(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
i must b there. i must b there. i must b there. Make dis gal cum iron my clothes 4me jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Condemns Fg’s Directive To CJN Onnoghen / Ekiti Election Results Are Unacceptable - Jolayemi, Segun Oni’s Spokesman / Akpabio: APC Accuses Mike Igini Of Bias, Petitions Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.